Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue (32030 Views)

Ifayemi Elebuibon Hosts Witches And Wizards In Osun / Man Writes Abuja 'Witches And Wizards' A Warning Letter (Photo) / There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Seun(m): 10:17pm On Nov 28, 2016
mostyg:
I guess you have never seen where exorcism is been performed, where the subject (the possessed) speaks the language he never spoke nor understood in his sane mind.
You mean like speaking in tongues?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:21pm On Nov 28, 2016
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by foladara777(m): 10:21pm On Nov 28, 2016
mayoor15:
Atheist spotted. God help you that is my prayer for you. I hope if you and others like you get an encounter with them, I hope you'll be bold enough to come here and admit that God really exist....
This is always d last resort of theists... And mind u, am not an atheist, but if there is a God, He's not the one presented by these religions we have

1 Like

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by bemind(f): 10:23pm On Nov 28, 2016
Seun:

No Seun, I think he means this http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/24/health/teen-spanish-new-language-trnd/ . Its known in medicine as Foreign Accent Syndrome. You can read more about it in the link above.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by azorjiu(m): 10:24pm On Nov 28, 2016
As a mental health practitioners, the views held by some here is indicative of the need for an assessment to establish they need Hospitalisation for their own safety and those around them.

How could you still believe in witchcraft in this time and age?

1 Like

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by foladara777(m): 10:24pm On Nov 28, 2016
emusmithy:

The Word of God is quick and powerful!
Spare me... I have heard the word of God all my life, I still hear it everyday... D more I hear, d more I doubt

1 Like

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:26pm On Nov 28, 2016
bemind:

No Seun, he means this http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/24/health/teen-spanish-new-language-trnd/ . Its known in medicine as Foreign Accent Syndrome. You can read more about it in the link above.

Foreign Accent Syndrome is totally different from the experience in the link you posted . You atheists just distort facts .
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 28, 2016
Seun:
And even on the rare occasions that it actually does happen:

This happened last month. Its not a strange phenomenon. It has to do with your subconscious taking over for a while. There are several cases of similar incidents. If this were Nigeria and it happened in a church we wouldn't hear the end of it.

1 Like

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 28, 2016
foladara777:

Spare me... I have heard the word of God all my life, I still hear it everyday... D more I hear, d more I doubt

Hebrews 4:2

For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by felixomor: 10:28pm On Nov 28, 2016
foladara777:

-It's funny how u ignored the other parts of the article that favor my side of the argument... only 39% of scientists have a belief in God, that doesn't account for the kind of belief u know. Again, only 7% of leading scientists believe in God...
- u also didn't mention that paedatrics and family doctors were the most likely to belief in God while PSYCHIATRISTS and radiologists had the least belief
- u didn't consider whether the doctors who even bothered to respond to the survey at all consisted of more or less religious doctors in the first place... An atheist doctor is less likely to respond to a 12 page questionnaire than a Christian one
- Lastly, this survey odd not even conclusive proof of anything, u only posted out because it appealed to your sentiments

Oh now, i can see you try to discredit the survey from your sitting room with your assumption from "atheist doctor 12 pages" brouhaha.

Its no longer whether there are studies or not.

Yeah right. Ride on.

And take note, I wasn't talking about "scientists".
Both are not interchangeable.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by podosci(m): 10:29pm On Nov 28, 2016
Acidosis:

China is far ahead of Nigeria in terms of 'withcraftry', charms, black magic and the so called development.

When we approach you folks, with evidence, you run away. I remember a particular Nairalander that narrated his experiences in his 3 bedroom apartment. He talked about how an old woman always appeared in a particular room. I called Seun severally and others to come explain, and like I expected, they never showed up.

A ghost literally appears in the house.. The only plausible explanation was that the former occupant of the room must have died a terrible death. To someone like OP, may be the Nairalander who narrated his experiences had psychosis, including his guests who shared same experiences in the room.

If we tell you ghost exist, you argue, when we discuss withcraft, you argue.. I've come to realize you and your likes are better left with your unbelief.
1-provide a link to a ranking of countries based to witchery
2-Did the guy that saw a ghost record his contact with his ghost lady? if he did please provide evidence of his encounter of which i would prefer video evidence
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by LeJeun3: 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2016
Seun:
For more on whether witches or wizards exist, see this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/3449902/witches-wizards-exist-dont-think

Do you think the talk or reports of spiritual beings is far fetched?? Why not take the challenge to them.!!

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Acidosis(m): 10:32pm On Nov 28, 2016
podosci:

1-provide a link to a ranking of countries based to witchery
2-Did the guy that saw a ghost record his contact with his ghost lady? if he did please provide evidence of his encounter of which i would prefer video evidence

Do you dream? Show me a video evidence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by foladara777(m): 10:33pm On Nov 28, 2016
emusmithy:

Hebrews 4:2

For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it
See?? Faith... Belief without reason... If God told u to kill children today, u would do it without asking questions of u truly believe it to be god. That is faith... U believe God was right and justified in killing 42 children for laughing at a bald man- faith!!
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:34pm On Nov 28, 2016
AnonyNymous:

And even on the rare occasions that it actually does happen:

This happened last month. Its not a strange phenomenon. It has to do with your subconscious taking over for a while. There are several cases of similar incidents. If this were Nigeria and it happened in a church we wouldn't hear the end of it.

That's Xenoglossy . And Xenoglossy can be divinely inspired just like the 120 did smiley

Acts 2:4-12
4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a] as the Spirit enabled them.

5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven.

6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken.

7 Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans?

8 Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language?

9 Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,

10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome

11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!”
12 Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, “What does this mean?”

Continue here for demystification : https://www.nairaland.com/3489373/speaking-tongues-xenoglossia-glossolalia-please

Some believe Xenoglossy can be caused by your experiences in your past lives . If you were Spanish in your past life , you could just start speaking Spanish while you are Italian in your present life .
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by felixomor: 10:34pm On Nov 28, 2016
Teempakguy:
Some people do not understand the power of mental delusions. Schizophrenia, insanity, and so on.

Imagine if JK Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter books, has schizophrenia.
You think she wouldn't have composed that terrific fictional world?

The only difference is that she would have claimed that the whole thing was real. And some gullible Nairalanders would have bought into it. Giving the more rational of us a hard time refuting their delusions.

Abegi.

How many of such books like Harry potter written by schizophrenics have people believed to be real?

You dream too much.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by gregyboy(m): 10:35pm On Nov 28, 2016
[b][/b][color=#000000][/color]

atheist everywere!!! All they do is bring down ur faith.we can deduce the patient madness in different perspective
1.the patient must have been in a physcological logical streess which the patient believe came from witches around constant pounding or stress in the brain can lead to madness,hbp,cardiac arrest
2.it could also be der was really a witch who caused her madness nd she might have gotten her healing as a result of constant prayers by friends and relative while she was in the hospital.
What i know is no doctor can heal a spritual madness except the doctor himself is a pastor or spiritualst even the white that brought out atheist knows witches exist they had to kill all thier witches at a time but africa didnt nw in the white man place they believe all thier witches are gone so dont blame them if they dont believe unlike africa. is so stupid here not to believe in witches or God exist
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by bemind(f): 10:35pm On Nov 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Foreign Accent Syndrome is totally different from the experience in the link you posted . You atheists just distort facts .

I guess you know more than the doctors that diagnosed him.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/what-foreign-accent-syndrome-teen-wakes-coma-speaking-spanish-first-time-402242

2 Likes

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2016
foladara777:

See?? Faith... Belief without reason... If God told u to kill children today, u would do it without asking questions of u truly believe it to be god. That is faith... U believe God was right and justified in killing 42 children for laughing at a bald man- faith!!

Romans 3:4

Let God be true, let all men (including atheist, Buddhist, traditional worshippers, new age religion etc) be all liars!

He is the Unquestionable God!
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by podosci(m): 10:37pm On Nov 28, 2016
felixomor:

Its easy to know people like u have never travelled out of your place.

Sorry to say.
i am a logical fellow...Provide evidence of an old lady changing into a rat or a rat changing into an old lady and you have a new convert. Simple as that.
This is 2016, you cant just claim you travelled to the moon without actually showing the world the spacecraft you used for your journey or atleast a video of you on mars.

1 Like

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Acidosis(m): 10:37pm On Nov 28, 2016
When you provide a video evidence of a man dreaming, I will show you a video evidence of a flying witch.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:37pm On Nov 28, 2016
bemind:

I guess you know more than the doctors that diagnosed him.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/what-foreign-accent-syndrome-teen-wakes-coma-speaking-spanish-first-time-402242

Wow !

If you don't know that Foreign Accent Syndrome is different from Xenoglossy then the veracity of your story in the OP has to be impugned . Calling it FAS is a misnomer , the boy experienced Xenoglossy .
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Acidosis(m): 10:38pm On Nov 28, 2016
podosci:

i am a logical fellow...Provide evidence of an old lady changing into a rat or a rat changing into an old lady and you have a new convert. Simple as that.
This is 2016, you cant just claim you travelled to the moon without actually showing the world the spacecraft you used for your journey or atleast a video of you on mars.

This is 2016, you can't just claim you had a dream. Provide a video of you dreaming or dreams don't exist.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by felixomor: 10:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
podosci:

I addressed your false claim on "developed countries".
You made an hasty generalization.

I have experienced supernatural things.
I have watched a witch climb an electric power line to the top and come back down in the ancient city of Benin without electrocution.

Till today, local Edo TV stations have that video.

But sorry, to give such evidence to people like u is a waste of time.

By the way, i only addresed your fallacy.
I didnt come to argue evidences with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
podosci:

i am a logical fellow

What makes you a logical fellow undecided
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by foladara777(m): 10:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
gregyboy:
[b][/b][color=#000000][/color]

atheist everywere!!! All they do is bring down ur faith.we can deduce the patient madness in different perspective
1.the patient must have been in a physcological logical streess which the patient believe came from witches around constant pounding or stress in the brain can lead to madness,hbp,cardiac arrest
2.it could also be der was really a witch who caused her madness nd she might have gotten her healing as a result of constant prayers by friends and relative while she was in the hospital.
What i know is no doctor can heal a spritual madness except the doctor himself is a pastor or spiritualst even the white that brought out atheist knows witches exist they had to kill all thier witches at a time but africa didnt nw in the white man place they believe all thier witches are gone so dont blame them if they dont believe unlike africa. is so stupid here not to believe in witches or God exist
My God... This guy just tried to justify genocide of women based on claims of some religious leaders??

1 Like

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by podosci(m): 10:47pm On Nov 28, 2016
Acidosis:

Do you dream? Show me a video evidence.

Without evidence i can easily claim i visited mars last night with my withcraft powers and you are obliged o believe me since you believe a fellow saw the ghost of an old woman.
In the past when ignorance was much and technology was not advanced enough to disprove alot of nuisance people claim, people claimed alot of things but fastforward to 2016 and dicussions of nuisance like witchcraft is reduced to countries with high level of poverty and illitracy.
Do you know alot of Nigerians still believe a solar eclipse is caused by an Angry God? Do you know people still belive poverty is caused by a witch grandmother? Do you know Nigerians still believe road accidents are caused by witchcraft even when its evident the driver was overspeeding?

1 Like

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by ever811(m): 10:47pm On Nov 28, 2016
bemind:

I think with time, we as Africans shall evolve and outgrow this medieval mindset.
don't say we...say you and your likes,whom the devil have been playing drum with your brain.. majority of the world including the white men that presented this theories to you for academic relevance believe in God and are for God alone....Nigerians sabi carry some for head ehhhh!!!
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by foladara777(m): 10:48pm On Nov 28, 2016
felixomor:

I addressed your false claim on "developed countries".
You made an hasty generalization.

I have experienced supernatural things.
I have watched a witch climb an electric power line to the top and come back down in the ancient city of Benin without electrocution.

Till today, local Edo TV stations have that video.

But sorry, to give such evidence to people like u is a waste of time.

By the way, i only addresed your fallacy.
I didnt come to argue evidences with you.
So, a woman climbing electric pole without being electrocuted is proof of witchcraft

2 Likes

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by foladara777(m): 10:49pm On Nov 28, 2016
ever811:
don't say we...say you and your likes,whom the devil have been playing drum with your brain.. majority of the world including the white men that presented this theories to you for academic relevance believe in God and are for God alone....Nigerians sabi carry some for head ehhhh!!!
There was a time majority believed the world was flat and also a time when slavery was okay... Plss, respond
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by felixomor: 10:51pm On Nov 28, 2016
foladara777:

So, a woman climbing electric pole without being electrocuted is proof of witchcraft

U have not yet corrected your fallacy, you are already committing another one.

Changing "power line" to "electric pole".

Abeg just go.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by ever811(m): 10:53pm On Nov 28, 2016
Acidosis:
There is a huge difference between Witchcraft and Psychosis madam.

You need to read more on Psychosis, Schizophrenia, Personality disorders, Depression... These stuffs vary from Witchcraft.

If you have ever seen psychotic patients, you should know the likely consequences of labelling them "WITCHES". You'd almost get your face burnt. Unless your pastor is dum.b, he should know the differences between a schizo and a very normal human being whose only problem is flying ONLY in the dream and holding meetings underworld (witchcraft manipulations).

Meanwhile, your post lack scientific references, it sounds so incoherent and clumsy. How could you call insomnia witchcraft? You've largely described hallucination, and that again isn't witchcraft.

Please check the internet, read, read, and read wide, you will be amazed to know that the WHITES (who gave you education and everything you are/know today) believe and practice witchcraft! Go and read your books, I can assure you that a larger percentage of your Doctors in the human behavioural sciences believe in Witchcraft.
when I see right ups like this I am convinced we have great brains in this country...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Husband And I Are Not Divorced - Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's Wife, Helen / Russia Intensifies Jehovah’s Witnesses Crackdown With New Jailings / See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.