Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue (32044 Views)

Ifayemi Elebuibon Hosts Witches And Wizards In Osun / Man Writes Abuja 'Witches And Wizards' A Warning Letter (Photo) / There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Seun(m): 12:46am On Nov 29, 2016
felixomor:
Hehehe, sorry, no GSM then.
But they had watches. "Switch off the power at 3pm and reconnect it at 4pm. I'll start my demonstration at 3:10 for safety"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by felixomor: 12:50am On Nov 29, 2016
Seun:

But they had watches. "Switch off the power at 3pm and reconnect it at 4pm. I'll start my demonstration at 3:10 for safety"

Wow, 3 posts and you have dodged the second question repeatedly.

Have u gone close to a live power line before?
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Ksudr(m): 12:52am On Nov 29, 2016
I will not say much... Download and watch this movie "The Exorcist "
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by felixomor: 12:59am On Nov 29, 2016
Seun:

Again for the third time, you dodge my second question;

"have u ever gone close to a live power line before"?
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Seun(m): 1:05am On Nov 29, 2016
If felixomor has something to say about live power lines, he should go ahead and say it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by felixomor: 1:09am On Nov 29, 2016
Seun:
If felixomor has something to say about live power lines, he should go ahead and say it.

So this is how you copped out, after dodging the question 3 times.

Nice one.
But one thing is obvious on this thread;

You dont know anything about powerlines and you are trying to appear like you do so as to discredit an evidence account.

On the other hand, I do.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Seun(m): 1:12am On Nov 29, 2016
Feel free to explain why the "witch" could not have asked a NEPA official to ensure that the power would be off during her demonstration.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Seun(m): 1:13am On Nov 29, 2016
Ksudr:
Movies are not real... undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Seun(m): 2:20am On Nov 29, 2016
AnonyNymous:

And even on the rare occasions that it actually does happen:

This happened last month. Its not a strange phenomenon. It has to do with your subconscious taking over for a while. There are several cases of similar incidents. If this were Nigeria and it happened in a church we wouldn't hear the end of it.
yea, he actually studied Spanish before the accident, so the real story is that he couldn't speak English for a while.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Nobody: 2:22am On Nov 29, 2016
felixomor:

Abegi, no be joke. Forget that childhood tactic.

Your intellectual capacity spoke for itself.
Nothing more
in your dreams, bro.
the fact is my definition is one of the symptoms of schizophrenia.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by codedearner(m): 3:23am On Nov 29, 2016
To you guys who says witches and wizards aren't real. I pray you never encounter them out of ignorance which the Bible says is no excuse. Go out in the world nowadays and you will see that Africa is suffering drastically bcus of these.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by mecussey(m): 4:02am On Nov 29, 2016
wiegraf:
Happy happy for you op. That's a great family you have there

There's a huge stigma associated with mental health issues, enough to ward off people who should clearly be seeking help. Addressing these issues start with posts like this

yep...they should change that name from psychia hospital to help home.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by fkdmods: 4:58am On Nov 29, 2016
Omudia11:
Your skull is obviously empty.

I don't think so. I have more IQ in my little pinky that you could ever have in your entire lifetime.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 5:55am On Nov 29, 2016
babiskinado:
You're still a learner. I can assure every nairalander you're not up to 23 yrs. You have seen nothing yet. There's a realm that exists that few know little or nothing about. The spiritual realm. I agree with science and medicine but don't forget to be balanced.
Seun is actually over 34, bit of an old man.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by promise10: 6:01am On Nov 29, 2016
felixomor:

So this is how you copped out, after dodging the question 3 times.

Nice one.
But one thing is obvious on this thread;

You dont know anything about powerlines and you are trying to appear like you do so as to discredit an evidence account.

On the other hand, I do.
just to hardmirror newbies and his hardmirrored sheep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by felixomor: 6:04am On Nov 29, 2016
Teempakguy:
in your dreams, bro.
the fact is my definition is one of the symptoms of schizophrenia.

Not in dreams, u dont know nada.

Go and check the diagnostic statis of schizophrenia patients,

Then come back and talk to me how u diagnose it everyday. You think schizophrenia is moi moi?
You think somebody sick with schiZo can sit down anx write a book?

People with stubborn ignorance like yours, dont certainly know when to bury their ignorance in pride.

Just rest it.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by TheGreatIYANU: 6:07am On Nov 29, 2016
emusmithy:
Lol...

If Satan could succeed in making people believe he doesn't exist, he has won the battle.

Ariana Grande
, one of the newest illuminati intake said: "We'll be deceiving ourselves if we think we are alone in this world". Read these:
[b]
I’m a big nerd. I love Lord of the Rings. I love Harry Potter. I love scary movies. I love dinosaurs, science, aliens, ghosts.

Not sooo weird, I suppose.
But then the interview goes into something a bit more dark. The interviewer asks her if she’s seen aliens, but she goes into demons, which is obviously a tie to the dark forces that she surely is exposed to in the entertainment industry:

Have you ever seen an alien?
Not an alien, but I’ve had a ghost/demon experience. We were in Kansas City a few weeks ago and went to this haunted castle and were so excited. The next night we wanted to go to Stull Cemetery, which is known as one of the seven gates to hell on Earth. The Pope won’t fly over it—

I felt this sick, overwhelming feeling of negativity over the whole car and we smelled sulfur, which is the sign of a demon, and there was a fly in the car randomly, which is another sign of a demon. I was like, “This is scary, let’s leave.” I rolled down the window before we left and said, “We apologize. We didn’t mean to disrupt your peace.” Then I took a picture and there are three super distinct faces in the picture—they’re faces of textbook demons.

Let’s see the picture.
I deleted it. The next day I tried to send the picture to my manager and it said, “This file can’t be sent, it’s 666 megabytes.” I’m not kidding. I used to have a folder called “Demons” that had pictures with all the screencaps in it, but then weird things started happening to me so I deleted it.

I was going to sleep about two weeks ago. I had just gotten off the phone and as soon as I closed my eyes I heard this really loud rumble right by my head. When I opened my eyes it stopped immediately, but when I closed my eyes it started again with whispers. Every time I closed my eyes I started seeing these really disturbing images with, like, red shapes. Then I opened my eyes and got back on the phone and was like, “I’m really scared and I don’t want to go to bed tonight.” And then I scooched over to the left side of my bed, because that’s where the best service is in my room, and there was this massive black matter. I don’t know what it was.

It was like a cloud of something black right next to me. I started crying. I was on the phone like, “What do I do, what do I do?” and they said, “Tell it to eff off.” I thought, I’m not going to do that. It’s going to upset it, so I’m just going to chill and not feed into it because all it wants is fear. It feeds on fear. I watched it move to the front of my bed and then I fell asleep on the phone. I woke up and it was gone. The next night my friend Tyler was staying with me. She said she was trying to sleep and her body felt paralyzed almost, and she described the same exact thing I saw.

[/b]

SMH! CHAI!!

2 Likes

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by felixomor: 6:09am On Nov 29, 2016
promise10:

just to hardmirror newbies and his hardmirrored sheep

They are the same, bro.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Bibleuser: 6:11am On Nov 29, 2016
@Op, you have succeeded in showing your ignorance. You do not know or understand the meaning of the words 'witches and wizards'. It is not a sickness but a profession people join intentionally or ignorantly and sometimes unknowingly. You cannot cure it. You just have to come out and it requires a greater spiritual force to bring you out. If you come out on your own, you are doomed.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by kevoh(m): 6:17am On Nov 29, 2016
Seun:

Electrical technicians climb electric power lines all the time without electrocution. The key is to have the power switched off before climbing it. undecided
Even without switching off the power you still stand the chance of not being electrocuted. The key point here is not being a conduit for current to pass through you. It takes about 0.2 amps of current to kill a man. Touching one wire at a time without standing on the ground or holding another conductor keeps you in the safe zone . The moment you touch a second wire or another metallic conductor while holding to the first one, you have created chance for current to pass through you and you get fried/roasted/electrocuted. That is why birds especially smaller ones can fly and land on a power line without getting electrocuted, a bigger bird is likely to get electrocuted as its size can make it to touch two wires at once.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Qualer: 6:51am On Nov 29, 2016
cloudgoddess:
Great post. And I'm happy for you for getting the help you needed smiley

I love your icecream challenge at the end. It's very true. The brain is a pattern-seeking machine, in psychology it's called "top down processing", looking at your surroundings & experiences through the lense of whatever is already in your mind. We all do it. What you feed your senses, your brain will automatically seek out more of.

Since superstition is feeding the minds of many Nigerians still, it's no wonder that witch accusations and "encounters" are still happening :/ Thankfully enlightened individuals like yourself are breaking out of that mind trap, seeing the situation for what it is, and turning to appropriate psychiatric assistance rather than harmful superstitious answers.

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Qualer: 6:54am On Nov 29, 2016
Bibleuser:
@Op, you have succeeded in showing your ignorance. You do not know or understand the meaning of the words 'witches and wizards'. It is not a sickness but a profession people join intentionally or ignorantly and sometimes unknowingly. You cannot cure it. You just have to come out and it requires a greater spiritual force to bring you out. If you come out on your own, you are doomed.

1 Like

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Qualer: 6:58am On Nov 29, 2016
fkdmods:

I don't think so. I have more IQ in my little pinky that you could ever have in your entire lifetime.

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Qualer: 6:59am On Nov 29, 2016
Ksudr:

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Qualer: 7:06am On Nov 29, 2016
codedearner:
To you guys who says witches and wizards aren't real. I pray you never encounter them out of ignorance which the Bible says is no excuse. Go out in the world nowadays and you will see that Africa is suffering drastically bcus of these.

africa is suffering because majority of the populace think like you do. get off your lazy butt and think of practical solutions to everyday problems and your life will never be the same, instead of waiting on and blaming some non existent forces in your mind for being ignorant. Go and read the history of europe and how they got to where they are today and gain some understanding. I bet if the people of netherlands were thinking like africans of today a hundred years ago, maybe floods would have washed them away... but they stood their ground and found solutions to their flood issues... go to netherlands today, you will find the best marine engineers in the world.

2 Likes

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Qualer: 7:34am On Nov 29, 2016
Ksslib:

Stop using that primary school teacher stale line on me because if there's anybody who needs to be exorcised from the demonic spell of mental slavery, then that person is you. You believe in local witches who fly only by night in the sky. So you are the one in dire need of emancipation not me.

When I wrote "Dreams are not real" the first time, I added "in this dimension of reality" in bracket but deleted it for the sake of the argument, as I didn't want to go too deep or cause unnecessary distraction that will confuse you.

Dreams and interpretations bla bla bla. What's even special about dreams when people have mastered the act of controlling their dreams, what they dream about, etc? But I don't expect you to understand. Afterall, you believe in flying witches who use plantain leaf for aerial navigation.

I am done too. Your reasoning dey gimme headache.

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Qualer: 7:44am On Nov 29, 2016
paulibling:
Are you posting this from intense ward in yaba by the other side?

Go to sango river or any shrine in Yoruba land and defecate or desecrate there without authority from Jehovah then you will know that the psychosis in your head na small one.

Do not let science deceive you. Even the scientists knows that the difficulty in their quest lies in the supernatural.
I wish you quick recovery shaa

i wonder how all those oyibo people that came to your greatgrandfather's exalted shrine and carted away their gods, wizards and witches succeeded in doing so and all those gods with their wizard and witchcraft powers ended up in museums in europe... some of them in glass boxes! grin grin grin grin I wish you quick recovery shaa!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by jidxin(m): 7:53am On Nov 29, 2016
bemind:
The drugs that you take for pains, malaria, HIV and Flu were created through the medical and science community. These innovations emanate from years of study of the human body and a series of drug trials to test the efficacy of these medicines.

Gandhi the world renowned Buddhist is a man we all adore and respect. He refused his wife from medicating when she was ill, instead he implored her to have faith in miraculous healing, in the end she succumbed to her illness. Fast forward to a few years, Gandhi, gets ill and do you know what followed? He took medicines to cure himself, the story of miraculous healings was thrown to the bin. This is the story of the human race when push comes to shove and the power of healing medication brings.

The whole concept of Witchery* is well known in Psychiatry and official diagnoses vary between a range of mental illnesses. Come to the Federal Psychiatric Hospital in Yaba and see numerous witches in action. I was one of them. Before I got treatment.

You see there is something called psychosis or delusions of reference, which is what happens to the best of us when we have so called supernatural experiences. I’ve been there. It all starts and ends with the mind and all stems from a place of intense fear that causes the brain’s neurotransmitters to misfire. You see, the reason why the story of witches and what not continue to be passed on from generation to generation is that it is realer than real to the patient, I.e the Witch. All what I saw when I was experiencing delusions where real TO ME…but me alone. I had convinced my mind to believe these things. Fear and belief in Witches = delusions. In the western world witches and demons are replaced with aliens. Patients are convinced aliens are after them.

Look the mind is powerful, I mean extremely powerful, with intense focus, fear and intent, you can create. We are all creators of our reality. This is why atheists can never see or experience witch craft. What happens in these states is that you have succeeded in convincing your brain and mind about the existence of certain entities.

Fear + insomnia = Delusions/psychosis aka Witch Craft
Stress + insomnia + hunger= Delusions/psychosis aka Witch Craft
Intense Religious beliefs = Acute delirium/Delusions/psychosis aka Witch craft

But thank God for our doctors and scientist they have studied the human brain and understand to a large extent how it works. I was medicated for a few months combined with talk therapy and basically became anew. Mehn I thank the heavens for my family that got me the needed care.

Many people seeking deliverance need to visit the Psychiatric hospital, its cheap and the doctors there have seen it all, they would care for you and treat your symptoms, but you have to be willing.

Please if you have any friends or relatives seeking deliverance from demons or witches with unexplained or “supernatural” causes, please see a psychiatrist.

A little test you can attempt. Spend the next 24 hours thinking about a particular subject, focus with all your might, it can be something as flimsy as ice cream. Read up on it, immerse yourself in all things ice-cream, sing ice cream songs, do you know what happens? When you turn on the TV, you start to notice all the ice-creams, you start seeing ice-creams everywhere, suddenly all the magazines and newspapers are covering news about ice creams, this is what happens in reality when the mind is affixed on a given subject. Its beyond fascinating, you can give it a go. It is not any different with the concept of Witchery.
I think Iu still need to go bk to yaba left ......omode o mo ogun o npe lefo....craps
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by GeneralFestytop(m): 7:58am On Nov 29, 2016
Receive sense in Jesus name
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Dexema(m): 9:04am On Nov 29, 2016
Setaje:
The time for me to live nairaland and become a visitor is getting close. I see seun and his minions are trying so hard to remove the existence of God or anything spiritual and make the untrained mind to second guess certain phenomenon which science itself cannot reveal.

What keeps me going is, it is better to die believing in something and perhaps finding out that there is actually a spiritual dimension to life itself , than to die believing in nothing to then see that I have been a tool of the devil to distabilise humanity but by then it would have been to late. Dying an atheist and actually becoming aware after death is the worst thing that can happen to any soul.

In Death, things become clearer.

It's good someone else also feels the current "heat" seun is putting on religious folks in a bid to spread his accursed gospel of atheism. Let's watch and see how this all plays out.

1 Like

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by jayriginal: 9:33am On Nov 29, 2016
bemind:
The drugs that you take for pains, malaria, HIV and Flu were created through the medical and science community. These innovations emanate from years of study of the human body and a series of drug trials to test the efficacy of these medicines.

Gandhi the world renowned Buddhist is a man we all adore and respect. He refused his wife from medicating when she was ill, instead he implored her to have faith in miraculous healing, in the end she succumbed to her illness. Fast forward to a few years, Gandhi, gets ill and do you know what followed? He took medicines to cure himself, the story of miraculous healings was thrown to the bin. This is the story of the human race when push comes to shove and the power of healing medication brings.

The whole concept of Witchery* is well known in Psychiatry and official diagnoses vary between a range of mental illnesses. Come to the Federal Psychiatric Hospital in Yaba and see numerous witches in action. I was one of them. Before I got treatment.

You see there is something called psychosis or delusions of reference, which is what happens to the best of us when we have so called supernatural experiences. I’ve been there. It all starts and ends with the mind and all stems from a place of intense fear that causes the brain’s neurotransmitters to misfire. You see, the reason why the story of witches and what not continue to be passed on from generation to generation is that it is realer than real to the patient, I.e the Witch. All what I saw when I was experiencing delusions where real TO ME…but me alone. I had convinced my mind to believe these things. Fear and belief in Witches = delusions. In the western world witches and demons are replaced with aliens. Patients are convinced aliens are after them.

Look the mind is powerful, I mean extremely powerful, with intense focus, fear and intent, you can create. [size=18pt]We are all creators of our reality. This is why atheists can never see or experience witch craft[/size]. What happens in these states is that you have succeeded in convincing your brain and mind about the existence of certain entities.

Fear + insomnia = Delusions/psychosis aka Witch Craft
Stress + insomnia + hunger= Delusions/psychosis aka Witch Craft
Intense Religious beliefs = Acute delirium/Delusions/psychosis aka Witch craft

But thank God for our doctors and scientist they have studied the human brain and understand to a large extent how it works. I was medicated for a few months combined with talk therapy and basically became anew. Mehn I thank the heavens for my family that got me the needed care.

Many people seeking deliverance need to visit the Psychiatric hospital, its cheap and the doctors there have seen it all, they would care for you and treat your symptoms, but you have to be willing.

Please if you have any friends or relatives seeking deliverance from demons or witches with unexplained or “supernatural” causes, please see a psychiatrist.

A little test you can attempt. Spend the next 24 hours thinking about a particular subject, focus with all your might, it can be something as flimsy as ice cream. Read up on it, immerse yourself in all things ice-cream, sing ice cream songs, do you know what happens? When you turn on the TV, you start to notice all the ice-creams, you start seeing ice-creams everywhere, suddenly all the magazines and newspapers are covering news about ice creams, this is what happens in reality when the mind is affixed on a given subject. Its beyond fascinating, you can give it a go. It is not any different with the concept of Witchery.

Brave post.

I see that this is already about 6 pages long, I can't even imagine the amount of insults you have received since the OP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Husband And I Are Not Divorced - Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's Wife, Helen / Russia Intensifies Jehovah’s Witnesses Crackdown With New Jailings / See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.