Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class (76253 Views)

27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt / COVID-19: What Economy Class Could Look Like After Virus / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by OgaTheTop2: 7:02am On Nov 28, 2016
d33types:

I repeat,none will serve you food on a short flight.

Let me add the caveat free..

None will serve you free food on a short flight.you will have to pay if you want it.

Maybe I didn't get your definition of short flight. Shortest flight I ever had was from Lasgidi to Accra and we were served full course meal with bottles of red wine on Rwanda Airline while we got that rubbish on Arik Air from same route Lasgidi to Accra. That flight wasn't more than 50 minutes..

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Niyinficient(m): 7:04am On Nov 28, 2016
NOC1:
Mtcheew, I won't be surprise to see this in FP, it has been this for some time niiii.
They are better than AERO that will pour juice for you in the smallest disposable cup

Bros, no b only AERO dey pour juice for cup o, even Arik dey do am, my last flight too abuja , na so dem come dey pour juice for person,e dey even ask 'juice' or 'water?' STEWPID ARIK.....after they delay person for almost five hours o.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by JastSiryin(m): 7:10am On Nov 28, 2016
soberdrunk:
I dont understand, were you expecting pounded yam, egusi soup and bushmeat? Which "other climes"? I flew from Paris to Manchester in Air France and all they gave me was a small muffin and a "barbie" sized cup of tea. angry
lol no mind am jare,e dey find all u can eat buffet.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by totorimi: 7:17am On Nov 28, 2016
People should ignore that their in service snacks because it is indeed an insult on a passenger who could pay almost 40k for a flight ticket to be served a very poor service of items less than N100. Afterall the flight is just less than an hour, common Arik mehn thats mean. It would have even been better to provide an exotic meal and let them pay extra to buy anything they want in flight, in some other western countries short flights of less than an hour there are no inflight meals rather passengers who want some snacks are made to pay for it sing POS. Arik should stop the insult pls. Whats the use spending so much to produce the packaging only to put inside it items we give to kindergartens going to daycare centers. Rubbish, SMH for Arik now.

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 28, 2016
obiaguna:

Chai..me too I want to experience the west and say stuff like I traveled from Dublin to Amsterdam and I paid £400. God na when I go enter the obods now?? Lol.
God will grant you your heart desire. Amin
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 28, 2016
@OP
it called light refreshment. Are expecting to eat heavily for just an hour fight.
Please Pack well.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by habsydiamond(m): 7:51am On Nov 28, 2016
U re lucky ooo. E be like say na MrBiggs u think say u dey abi mama put restaurants where u will be served to your ur full. if dem give u. Nigerian dish shey u no know say u go vomit am once all ur intestine don mix together with the movement and everything. Bro, try to be appreciative.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by kniru: 7:54am On Nov 28, 2016
so u wld now come and be shiting upandown in the plane baa!!! u want to confuse the pilot
Gido:
I paid N32k for a seat in economy class of Arik Air from

Lagos to Jos and was expecting to be served with at

least a nigerian standard plate of plain jollof rice. Lo and

behold, Arik gave me a snack pack worth N150!!!!!! Haba

Arik una big pass happy hour and starlight biscuit naa.

You need to improve on what you serve your customers

in domestic routes as obtainable in other climes.

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by mrkeys226: 7:55am On Nov 28, 2016
Gido:

...jollof rice?..for a 45min flight? hahahahaha....comedy!!!

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by olatiler(m): 8:36am On Nov 28, 2016
Bro please appreciate what you have, I fly Jumbo Jet from Nairobi to Monbasa Kenya they never offer me anything and Am already Flown Fast jet from Dar es Salaam to Arusha and Mwanza for over 20 times they even sell common water
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Babysho(m): 8:39am On Nov 28, 2016
soberdrunk:
I dont understand, were you expecting pounded yam, egusi soup and bushmeat? Which "other climes"? I flew from Paris to Manchester in Air France and all they gave me was a small muffin and a "barbie" sized cup of tea. angry

Wow You've been to Paris?
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by one4GOD(f): 9:12am On Nov 28, 2016
Gido:

I think they can save more money if they use a cheaper package. the package I see here which is disposable is more expensive than the content.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Ugosample(m): 9:24am On Nov 28, 2016
What many of you don't know is that these airlines are struggling, and every kobo counts.
They pay a lot of operational costs (even worse in Nigeria because we are criminals down there) and other stuff, so that's why they serve such.

p.s. If you want king treatment, pay for first class.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by chikkay200: 10:16am On Nov 28, 2016
Keneking:

So you fly Lagos to Abuja on BA...see compound lies

I read the man's post and I'm still at a loss as to where u picked up Lagos to Abuja! He posted in clear English, if this is not a language u understand well, why are u bothering to contribute?
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by subnormal: 10:16am On Nov 28, 2016
NaLaugh:

The mathematical odds of that being two consecutive identical typos is pretty significant.
Improving as a person requires admitting your flaws and imperfections.

I'm not certain what points I need to back up MY personal experiences.

For the last time. Your citation of research data claiming EVERY person on a flight is equally impacted is false.
It would be a blind statement if I came to this conclusion by assumption.

I am not assuming. I am stating physical results of myself in the exact same scenario.
My sense of taste is NOT altered when I'm on a flight. I'm speaking for ME, and not for anyone else.
I have taken my own food on board many times, and it's never different. End of story.

I think anything beyond this point amounts to petty bickering, as I'm certain we both have more judicious things to spend time on.

Peace. smiley

I agree with you. I always take my shortbread biscuit with me on every flight, even international ones and the taste has Never changed

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Pamperme: 10:17am On Nov 28, 2016
It is very obvious that people dont know how much and how difficult it is to run an airline in this country...

You want jollof-rice on 1 hour 20mins flight... smh lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by femo86(m): 10:37am On Nov 28, 2016
grin grin grin

I flew from Obalende to Ikotun 45mins flight on Aiye Airlines @ 50USD

Was given Origin and Bitter kola...Really enjoyed my flight

The Flight Crews babes are sooo beautiful

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 28, 2016
chikkay200:

I read the man's post and I'm still at a loss as to where u picked up Lagos to Abuja! He posted in clear English, if this is not a language u understand well, why are u bothering to contribute?

Are you aware that the thread is about someone's experience travelling locally with Arik?
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by jidesp(m): 11:39am On Nov 28, 2016
Its the same with AirPeace lol.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Zubeezanga(m): 11:49am On Nov 28, 2016
that is why I want my own aeroplane fleet by the time i give passengers warri weed,moi moi and tea dem go calm down and fly in peace lo
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 28, 2016
Gee001:
Aero served me and others one big eva water in a very small disposable cup. In the end they served just two big bottles of water for everybody.
If you serve me that the weight of my urine go cause the plane emergency landing.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by kristian98(m): 12:05pm On Nov 28, 2016
Vanquay:
I once travelled To Nigeria with Arik...Dad took Business class and I took Economy.

We both complained, that's how shìtty Arik is, I have never flown with them again. Instead I use British airways or the likes.

Did I insinuate I live in Nigeria?...Lord knows which holes these dunces crawl out from.
bros pls help me with some dollars wink
Vanquay:
I once travelled To Nigeria with Arik...Dad took Business class and I took Economy.

We both complained, that's how shìtty Arik is, I have never flown with them again. Instead I use British airways or the likes.

Did I insinuate I live in Nigeria?...Lord knows which holes these dunces crawl out from.
bros pls help me with some dollars i will so appreciate it
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Codes151(m): 12:56pm On Nov 28, 2016
soberdrunk:
i flew from Paris to Canada!!! I almost purged cuz I was served more than 5times!! What are u saying?? Even with 1k u can buy better snacks at a provision store! Do u have idea how much is flight now!
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by CoCoLav(f): 2:51pm On Nov 28, 2016
Qualer:

you see yasef! your ijebu-ness don commot your leg for outside finish! grin grin grin grin

Chisos!

I still rep Ijebu grin
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 28, 2016
Codes151:
i flew from Paris to Canada!!! I almost purged cuz I was served more than 5times!! What are u saying?? Even with 1k u can buy better snacks at a provision store! Do u have idea how much is flight now!
Paris to manchester is only 45minutes or tgereabout. Paris to canada would take nothing less than 4hrs....what am i saying sef..paris to toronto is around 7hrs. To places like calgary, it could take 11 hours.
Paris to mancs would cost less than 100dollars. Paris to canada would cost over 1000dollars.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by tosyne2much(m): 3:18pm On Nov 28, 2016
OgaTheTop2:
They operate within Africa. I flew with them to Johannesburg via Kigali, Lusaka then Jo'burg. Walahi, I got drunk on that flight on reaching Jo'burg.
Hahahahaha.. Got drunk ke? cheesy cheesy
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by tosyne2much(m): 4:44pm On Nov 28, 2016
claremont:
If you are hungry, you should have eaten in a restaurant before boarding the flight. If Arik starts giving jollof rice to everyone on local flights, how are they going to make their profit and pay their staff?!

I was on a flight from London Gatwick to Germany a few years ago, and all I got was a miserable-looking biscuit and a tiny can of coke. This is a norm worldwide for short haul intercity flights. They have to make money from somewhere to maintain their aircraft and pay staff. You are paying about £60 for a flight and you are expecting to be fed pounded yam and brokoto e.t.c.
Laf wan tear my Belle oooll cheesy wink
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by OgaTheTop2: 4:47pm On Nov 28, 2016
tosyne2much:
Hahahahaha.. Got drunk ke? cheesy cheesy
Yeah. Enough bottles of red wine!
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 28, 2016
CoCoLav:

Wait o! Toronto to Ottawa is $80 by air?!

And I have been suffering myself with greyhound and via rail?!
Lol..that greyhound is just disgusting.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by tosyne2much(m): 4:57pm On Nov 28, 2016
OgaTheTop2:
Yeah. Enough bottles of red wine!
Funny you Bro... Take it easy next time oooo cheesy
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by tosyne2much(m): 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2016
Adegbenro7643:
All doz ladies wey dey claim say na broke guyz full NL. Where u dey o? A view wil convince u & ur ignorance. Meanwhile, me too don experience dat refreshment stuff, in mai flight 2 d dream-land...lol
Make ladies come this thread make dem see say guys no dey broke oooo cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by OgaTheTop2: 5:58pm On Nov 28, 2016
tosyne2much:
Funny you Bro... Take it easy next time oooo cheesy
'Take it easy' no dey my dictionary oh. Not when it comes to boozing bottles of red wine at 30000 altitude.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Passport In 1982 When $1164.84 Was N800 / China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years / Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.