Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,685 members, 7,816,794 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class (76301 Views)

27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt / COVID-19: What Economy Class Could Look Like After Virus / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by martyns303(m): 9:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
NaLaugh:

Placebo-type effect, bro.

I accidentally had the heat set to fan lat night, BUT I woke up sweating this morning. Outside temperature was 30 deg. F (-1 Celsius).

How did this happen? I was convinced the heat was on, so my body responded accordingly.

There is no complex technical detail to why they believe it happens, simply that the factors I mentioned earlier numb your taste buds.
The supposed effect isn't on the food itself, but on you.

That said, taste is highly subjective, so I can't insist on how your taste buds respond. I can only tell you how mine do. smiley

The fact that the food taste different is not relative, it is observed by 99% of passengers with scientific backing.

And frankly I don't see how ur illustration relates.

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by slex(m): 9:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
Op no be today e Don the.

But do as I do. Carry Your Own snack, small chops or food In your hand luggage.

Do this for both local and international flight

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Bamz(m): 9:19pm On Nov 27, 2016
mu2sa2:
Just one-hour flight and you expect to be served what? If you were hungry for jollof rice why didnt you visit the restaurant at the airpot and eat to your fill before boarding. Btw what they served you is worth more than 150. You should thank Arik for not only pampering you with 4 different items but also even fly barely profitable routes like Lagos -Jos in these harsh economic times when airlines are struggling to stay afloat.

LOL don't mind him. LOS to Warri, PH, Abj and other within the hour routes offer a snack pack. Next time he should bring his own food flask and water bottle. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by OgaTheTop2: 9:19pm On Nov 27, 2016
d33types:

...No airline worldwide will serve you food on a short flight.
That's not correct sir.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by chigoziri2403(m): 9:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
air Peace gave us water in disposable cups, and cake,with juice, but their hostesses are out of this world

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Anyad231: 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
This is surely you first time flying locally or both obviously.

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by claremont(m): 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
If you are hungry, you should have eaten in a restaurant before boarding the flight. If Arik starts giving jollof rice to everyone on local flights, how are they going to make their profit and pay their staff?!

I was on a flight from London Gatwick to Germany a few years ago, and all I got was a miserable-looking biscuit and a tiny can of coke. This is a norm worldwide for short haul intercity flights. They have to make money from somewhere to maintain their aircraft and pay staff. You are paying about £60 for a flight and you are expecting to be fed pounded yam and brokoto e.t.c.

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by matrixme(m): 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
I've read it on Reddit how foods changes taste with high altitude, so airlines don't have much of a choice in serving excellent dishes apart from the cost cutting idea.
Also imagine if you're served peppered ponmo with zobo/maltina and you're a first time flier. You won't want to mess up the toilet alongside others like you. Lol.

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by ikorodureporta: 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
soberdrunk:
I dont understand, were you expecting pounded yam, egusi soup and bushmeat? Which "other climes"? I flew from Paris to Manchester in Air France and all they gave me was a small muffin and a "barbie" sized cup of tea. angry
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by kinibigdeal(m): 9:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
Oh ok!
OgaTheTop2:
I understood you in your first message. Nope, they operate within Africa and not locally within naija metropolis..
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by decatalyst(m): 9:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
itzsniper:
so caus u board a flight of 45mins to 1hr, u want dem give u food wey go cure ur hunger of 5yrs bah?

Dude might have borroweborrowed to complete flight ticket

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by LBanks(m): 9:26pm On Nov 27, 2016
Them even try give you full pack of happy hour you still dey complain. The last time I boarded them na for plastic cup them pour the 5 alive for me

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 27, 2016
soberdrunk:
I dont understand, were you expecting pounded yam, egusi soup and bushmeat? Which "other climes"? I flew from Paris to Manchester in Air France and all they gave me was a small muffin and a "barbie" sized cup of tea. angry

Dude but you should utry Ethiopian Air, I flew from Nairobi to Bangkok men see better roast pitatioe , chicken breast and juice ...I love Ethiopian air

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by onatisi(m): 9:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
Gido:
I paid N32k for a seat in economy class of Arik Air from

Lagos to Jos and was expecting to be served with at

least a nigerian standard plate of plain jollof rice. Lo and

behold, Arik gave me a snack pack worth N150!!!!!! Haba

Arik una big pass happy hour and starlight biscuit naa.

You need to improve on what you serve your customers

in domestic routes as obtainable in other climes.

Op,an airline is not an air restaurant.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by benzems(m): 9:29pm On Nov 27, 2016

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by slap1(m): 9:37pm On Nov 27, 2016
Longthroat. Na food go kill you. grin
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by TRAVEL101(m): 9:37pm On Nov 27, 2016
Total cost of the contents=250naira cost of 45minutes flight lagos to abuja=25k

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by NaLaugh: 9:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
martyns303:

The fact that the food taste different is not relative, it is observed by 99% of passengers with scientific backing.

And frankly I don't see how ur illustration relates.

My illustration relates in the "placebo" sense.

If you're convinced A results in B, chances are high that if given A, psychological factors will skew your perception/reaction in the direction of B.

Again, totally subjective.

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lol! The 32k is not for food. It's a short forty minute flight, they don't expect people to get hungry in that space of time. Think about the mess they would have to clean up every hour after serving rice and chicken. Eat before you board.

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by moshino(m): 9:39pm On Nov 27, 2016
Gido:

least a nigerian standard plate of plain jollof rice
. Lo and

behold, Arik gave me a snack pack worth N150!!!!!!

You should've stopped at Iya Basira to have the jollof rice with orishirishi. Arik's job is to fly you from Lagos to Jos, at least you did not complain that you did not reach jos. They pay for aircraft maintenance, aviation fuel, airport landing fees, government licensing fees etc. They were kind enough to even give you snacks for a short flight, and you open your mouth to ask for "standard plate jollof rice", how will they remain in business and return profit to their investors. Most short-haul flights overseas make you pay inside the plane for anything you want to eat or drink. Next time use bus, okada, train, keke or charter bicycle.

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by otunbakolawole(m): 9:42pm On Nov 27, 2016
airline in Nigeria and their meals... very funny bunch, same for airlines in US. I flew economy from Osaka to Hong Kong, about 4hrs flight time. Got a healthy meal (Japanese beef rice)

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by wiringdpt(m): 9:43pm On Nov 27, 2016
For God sake, it's an hour flight...What else did you expect, you must new to flying.
Gido:

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by moshino(m): 9:45pm On Nov 27, 2016
otunbakolawole:
airline in Nigeria and their meals... very funny bunch, same for airlines in US. I flew economy from Osaka to Hong Kong, about 4hrs flight time. Got a healthy meal (Japanese beef rice)

If you fly Arik from Lagos to London, you'll get a healthy meal (Jollof Rice etc), its considered a Long-Haul flight, just like Osaka to Hong Kong. Btw, that meal picture you showed, includes an extra plate of food, you have 2 rice based meals, you're supposed to get only 1 rice based meal. I dont know how you got it. Either you begged for it and they pitied you, you took it by yourself without asking, someone didnt want theirs and gave it to you or something.

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by KingDizzle(m): 9:48pm On Nov 27, 2016
cycline404:
U must be a first timer bro!

KLM, Lufthansa serve same bro!!!

I share same views with you too. He might be a first timer.

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by KingDizzle(m): 9:53pm On Nov 27, 2016
You wer3 expecting a plate of jollof rice because you paid 30k plus. Anyway sha, we have known you finally entered aeroplane.
This is not news cos most of us know this is what they serve.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by martyns303(m): 9:55pm On Nov 27, 2016
NaLaugh:

My illustration relates in the "placebo" sense.

If you're convinced A results in B, chances are high that if given A, psychological factors will skew your perception/reaction in the direction of B.

Again, totally subjective.

A simple google search would have helped you.

This issue is not psychological, relative or subjective. It is just a proven fact, all the people experiencing it can't be having the same psychological effect. The ambiant pressure at sea level is not same as at 35,000ft or cabin pressure. Difference in pressure doesn't just affect ur breathing, it also affects ur taste bugs.

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by ohenhen1: 9:58pm On Nov 27, 2016
Is it ok. Have you seen the snacks they give out on US airlines?

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:58pm On Nov 27, 2016
soberdrunk:
U get bad mouth o grin
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Unimaginable123: 10:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
slightlyMad:
i have always wondered, why not make it 34K and serve quality food
no!, they will rather serve about-to-expire buns with micro juice.
if they make it 34k, how many people will pay? Do u enter plane for food that will be served or what? There are restaurants in all airports, why don't u eat there?

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by NaLaugh: 10:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
martyns303:

A simple google search would have helped you.

This issue is not psychological, relative or subjective. It is just a proven fact, all the people experiencing it can't be having the same psychological effect. The ambiant pressure at sea level is not same as at 35,000ft or cabin pressure. Difference in pressure doesn't just affect ur breathing, it also affects ur taste bugs.

I'm pretty sure I already pointed this out to you earlier. The supposed effect is indeed stated to be on your taste buds.

HOWEVER, it IS subjective. Why? Because it DOES NOT affect MY taste buds. Except you're misconstruing the meaning of subjective.
In which case, "A simple google search would have helped you." smiley

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by solid3(m): 10:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
Gido:

It's so easy to know those who want to form just because u manage to fly probably for the first time, u now posting rubbish here.

Pls tell us what u get the other times u flew Biz class or first-class. And also tell us what obtains in "other climes."

Abeg no siddon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Passport In 1982 When $1164.84 Was N800 / China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years / Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.