Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class (76258 Views)

27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt / COVID-19: What Economy Class Could Look Like After Virus / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Iolo(m): 8:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
No airline serves proper food like Rice and local flights bro.

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
Vanquay:
I once travelled To Nigeria with Arik...Dad took Business class and I took Economy.

We both complained, that's how shìtty Arik is, I have never flown with them again. Instead I use British airways or the likes.

So you fly Lagos to Abuja on BA...see compound lies

6 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by d33types: 8:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
Gido:
I paid N32k for a seat in economy class of Arik Air from
Lagos to Jos and was expecting to be served with at
least a nigerian standard plate of plain jollof rice
. Lo and behold, Arik gave me a snack pack worth N150!!!!!! Haba
Arik una big pass happy hour and starlight biscuit naa.
You need to improve on what you serve your customers
in domestic routes as obtainable in other climes.

This OP is a first timer at the bolded.

No airline worldwide will serve you food on a short flight.

12 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Richy4(m): 8:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
How many hours flight was it from Lagos to Jos....

If it was not up to 1 and half hour, maybe they felt it was not worth serving a heavy lunch..
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Getjobsng: 8:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lol
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 27, 2016
U fly economy u dey complain, bia shifti godu one side abeg!
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Daboomb: 8:13pm On Nov 27, 2016
NOC1:
Mtcheew, I won't be surprise to see this in FP, it has been this for some time niiii.
They are better than AERO that will pour juice for you in the smallest disposable cup

I hate it when people (some Nigerians!) compare TWO DISGUSTING THINGS!
Its like saying "Dont complain, one thief is better than another thief"!

but both are still thieves now?

These companies should be innovative and try to do better.
That is what is being said.

As for the Op, l think you should always eat at home, before embarking on your journey!
Lagos to Jos is less than one hour, so you wont die of hunger anyway.
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by veeceesynergy: 8:13pm On Nov 27, 2016
Are u jst Flying Arik 4 d 1st time??
They've been serving dis for a very long time, nxt time, take a bus with 10k, buy ur Nigerian Jolof rice, fufu, amala, pounded yam of 5k, u'll hv Abt 17k left and I bet u, u'll eat frm d beginning of d journey till d end.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by sunvick(m): 8:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
Next time eat before boarding a flight. 45mins flight and you expect to eat jollof rice......
Ask people that fly to Ghana or West Africa to know what they give to them.

I thinks this is your first flight ever!!!

4 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by kinibigdeal(m): 8:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
See all this one, Aero is the worst. Arik really try self
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by adeadeyera(m): 8:15pm On Nov 27, 2016
Gido:

least a nigerian standard plate of plain jollof rice. Lo and

behold, Arik gave me a snack pack worth N150!!!!!! Haba

Na today? If you're just noticing the nonsense trend, I'll call you a learner.

I had "premium customer whatever" with both First nation and Medview the whole of last year, yet I didn't even qualify for a plate of coloured/concortion rice. Just some God-forsaken MUFFIN AND HAPPY HOUR+TOM-TOM

Water? Just a round of disposable cup per passenger(except of course, you ask for one more).
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Davidgr8(m): 8:15pm On Nov 27, 2016
Didn't know you were buying lunch,thought you were traveling but hunger sha. Akpu and egusi soup - i guess you wanted something like that.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 27, 2016
shinarambo1:

This is actually much for a short distance flight. I flew from regina to calgary for $150...expensive for a 1hour flight, and all i was given was a tiny biscuit and a small cup of water....
Next time...chop at the airport before you board.
Iberia express from Madrid to London didn't even serve anything for a 2 hour 30 minute flight, everything was for sale, damn not even water o, and the aircraft was all good and new, they serve this small food he no even happy and I paid £250 round trip from Madrid to London.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by BigBenoski(m): 8:15pm On Nov 27, 2016
Gido:

least a nigerian standard plate of plain jollof rice. Lo and

behold, Arik gave me a snack pack worth N150!!!!!! Haba

Arik na restaurant? Were you expecting nkwobi on 45mins flight ? United and American Airlines will give you one ugly tasting thing wey be like emaciated chinchin. And that's on a $420 flight. Oga, arik dey try joor

6 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by boyt1: 8:15pm On Nov 27, 2016
soberdrunk:
I dont understand, were you expecting pounded yam, egusi soup and bushmeat? Which "other climes"? I flew from Paris to Manchester in Air France and all they gave me was a small muffin and a "barbie" sized cup of tea. angry
I beg tell him, always complaining about everything in Nigeria
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by kinibigdeal(m): 8:16pm On Nov 27, 2016
The stress of traveling by road is the problem. Mehn! You have to sit for hours
veeceesynergy:
Are u jst Flying Arik 4 d 1st time??
They've been serving dis for a very long time, nxt time, take a bus with 10k, buy ur Nigerian Jolof rice, fufu, amala, pounded yam of 5k, u'll hv Abt 17k left and I bet u, u'll eat frm d beginning of d journey till d end.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 8:16pm On Nov 27, 2016
So nah food carry u go Arik serve u right... Chidi AFO Nri
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Codeofconduct1(m): 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2016
Dana air still dey OK......no b say dem sef dey serve better tin o, a ride from lag to PH, I was served a bottle water, happy hour juice, one sausage roll, menthol sweet, one biscuit.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by koolcat: 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2016
Husse12:
The country is hard na. If na me get the airline na groundnut and banana I for dey share
HAHAHAHA WICKEDEST
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by diggz: 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2016
Keneking:

So you fly Lagos to Abuja on BA...see compound lies

cheesy cheesy

Before responding to stuffs like this why not do a little research boss?

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by martyns303(m): 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
NOC1:
Mtcheew, I won't be surprise to see this in FP, it has been this for some time niiii.
They are better than AERO that will pour juice for you in the smallest disposable cup

Lies!!! Aero also give u a pack similar to that of OP.

Most domestic flights are within 1hr30mins, now what time would they use to climb, get to cruising altitude, seat belt sign off, then on, then decend to land. Now tell me what time would there be for anyone to actually sit and have a plate of jollof rice as OP suggested.

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Lasskeey: 8:19pm On Nov 27, 2016
Common shaarraaap ! At least they carry snacks give you ! See wetin dey happen for the UK wey una dey worship grin grin grin

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 27, 2016
Vanquay:
I once travelled To Nigeria with Arik...Dad took Business class and I took Economy.

We both complained, that's how shìtty Arik is, I have never flown with them again. Instead I use British airways or the likes.

Did I insinuate I live in Nigeria?...Lord knows which holes these dunces crawl out from.

I know you are lying but you can continue...
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nellybank(m): 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2016
So u get money enter plane for this bubu time? If dem like make dem serve u laca sera and gala wetin concern us. Am on my way to AKTC park to book my bus. Ghana things on my mind

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Henricarter(m): 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2016
soberdrunk:
I dont understand, were you expecting pounded yam, egusi soup and bushmeat? Which "other climes"? I flew from Paris to Manchester in Air France and all they gave me was a small muffin and a "barbie" sized cup of tea. angry
. Who dash yu ?
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Baroba(m): 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2016
My brother some Airlines will even charge you for that drink sef.. I witnessed this one for American Airlines few years ago..
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by socialmediaman: 8:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
NOC1:

That's common practice on many economy class airplanes all over the world, especially domestic travel, even in the US
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by dominique(f): 8:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
Free Arik abeg. Aero that served Burger peanuts and water/juice served in disposable cups nko? Ever since I've been flying local, I've never been served any sumptuous meal, not that I bothered anyways. We're currently facing a recession, airlines are seriously cutting costs. What Arik served is really not that bad considering the situation of things.

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 27, 2016
Flew from Oslo to Finland and got nothing even after flying the prestigious AirNorwegian. You even have to pay to drink water
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by uboma(m): 8:22pm On Nov 27, 2016
lol.
I opened a thread about this same issue some time ago.
see the link,

https://www.nairaland.com/2925883/see-what-arik-air-served

I guess such service has come to stay..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by omonnakoda: 8:22pm On Nov 27, 2016
soberdrunk:
Me I travelled the same route and they served me Nkwobi with Heineken.

You are unlucky

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Passport In 1982 When $1164.84 Was N800 / China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years / Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.