Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class (76306 Views)

27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt / COVID-19: What Economy Class Could Look Like After Virus / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by martyns303(m): 10:10pm On Nov 27, 2016
NaLaugh:

I'm pretty sure I already pointed this out to you earlier. The supposed effect is indeed stated to be on your taste buds.

HOWEVER, it IS subjective. Why? Because it DOES NOT affect MY taste buds. Except you're misconstruing the meaning of subjective.
In which case, "A simple google search would have helped you." smiley

It doesn't affect your taste bug? This wouldn't be first time someone would be lying on the internet....
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by otunbakolawole(m): 10:20pm On Nov 27, 2016
smartmouth, begged for it? Nah! i know am suppose to choose between the Japanese beef rice or the Chinese chicken rice, who am I to complain if I get . meanwhile most travellers consider a 4hr flight a short haul. besides my point is from all my travel, the Asian airlines tend to do better than others as per flight food
moshino:

If you fly Arik from Lagos to London, you'll get a healthy meal (Jollof Rice etc), its considered a Long-Haul flight, just like Osaka to Hong Kong. Btw, that meal picture you showed, includes an extra plate of food, you have 2 rice based meals, you're supposed to get only 1 rice based meal. I dont know how you got it. Either you begged for it and they pitied you, you took it by yourself without asking, someone didnt want theirs and gave it to you or something.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by NaLaugh: 10:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
martyns303:

It doesn't affect your taste bug? This wouldn't be first time someone would be lying on the internet....

First of all, you've called it "taste bug" twice now. Since you sound smart enough, I assumed it was a typo the first time.
That said, and not to be a prick, but it's hard to have a debate with someone about something they don't know enough to spell right.

If I told you scientific research shows 100% of humans wake up with a 6 inch horn on their heads, would you agree with me?
Why not? Perhaps because you have never woken up with a 6 inch horn on your head.

Same thing. I have taken meals of my own into an aircraft on many occasions, and not once have they tasted different.
Nothing is universal.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by francis2565(m): 10:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
soberdrunk:
I dont understand, were you expecting pounded yam, egusi soup and bushmeat? Which "other climes"? I flew from Paris to Manchester in Air France and all they gave me was a small muffin and a "barbie" sized cup of tea. angry

Haba bros, to be frank Arik no dey try, I flew Dana and I was served rice and drink.
I also flew Emirate from Lagos to dubia and from take off to landing na chop chop. I don't drink but I can't count how many vodka I collected for my guys so air France must be stingy too
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by CoCoLav(f): 10:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
kkokoma:
I paid $80 from Toronto to Ottawa and its was just a small muffin and water they gave me. I didn't take it because I felt they may charge extra for it and I was feeling queasy from the way Air Canada fly almost vertically for the first fifteen minutes. Its the same all over the world , their breakeven margin is very tight

Wait o! Toronto to Ottawa is $80 by air?!

And I have been suffering myself with greyhound and via rail?!
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Bioboy1213(m): 10:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
NOC1:
Mtcheew, I won't be surprise to see this in FP, it has been this for some time niiii.
They are better than AERO that will pour juice for you in the smallest disposable cup
but aero is far cheaper
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by tosyne2much(m): 10:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
soberdrunk:
I dont understand, were you expecting pounded yam, egusi soup and bushmeat? Which "other climes"? I flew from Paris to Manchester in Air France and all they gave me was a small muffin and a "barbie" sized cup of tea. angry
I don laf die for here cheesy cheesy
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by tosyne2much(m): 10:28pm On Nov 27, 2016
bigtt76:
So because you de fly with them, make den buy you full lunch? grin go and sidon jaaaare
hahahahahaha
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by aalangel(f): 10:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
Husse12:
The country is hard na. If na me get the airline na groundnut and banana I for dey share

.....which is healthier.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by martyns303(m): 10:36pm On Nov 27, 2016
NaLaugh:

First of all, you've called it "taste bug" twice now. Since you sound smart enough, I assumed it was a typo the first time.
That said, and not to be a prick, but it's hard to have a debate with someone about something they don't know enough to spell right.

If I told you scientific research shows 100% of humans wake up with a 6 inch horn on their heads, would you agree with me?
Why not? Perhaps because you have never woken up with a 6 inch horn on your head.

Same thing. I have taken meals of my own into an aircraft on many occasions, and not once have they tasted different.
Nothing is universal.

Yawns. Touch screen, with just 1 letter between D n G on my quartzy keypad, typo error was inevitable. I think its rather pitiable that when you don't have valid point to back up ur claims you resort to typo errors and "horns". Yawns again.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by talktonase(m): 10:43pm On Nov 27, 2016
soberdrunk:
I dont understand, were you expecting pounded yam, egusi soup and bushmeat? Which "other climes"? I flew from Paris to Manchester in Air France and all they gave me was a small muffin and a "barbie" sized cup of tea. >sad
kabo,chachangi and okada airlines all served me those delicacies in the early 90's.Things have really gone bad in this country!
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by JayJustus(m): 10:45pm On Nov 27, 2016
this OP is high on Jos weed...I flew from Malaysia to Singapore and food is even bought during flight...if you add it when booking you pay extra...their profit margin is tight so why complain... they even gave you something...lol...anyone used AirAsia before you can buttress my point...

arik cannot come and go and come and kill themselves cos of you
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by pokipoki: 10:46pm On Nov 27, 2016
Most people that complain are just ignorant and most likely unexposed people that don't have information. How much Naira did you pay that you are trying to ridicule Arik? Get information on how much is charged on a standard 1 hour flight and also information on how.much fuel costs in Nigeria and other countries then you can make an informed decision to either lash them or praise them. Be smart, always take time to analyse. Better still use the bus if air transport is expensive for you.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Donshemzy1234: 10:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
Only if I can fly out of these Nigeria, make Arik and the likes no serve me anything I don't need it
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by CuteTj(m): 10:48pm On Nov 27, 2016
if my memory serves me well, aero didn't serve me anything the two times I flew with them to Jos therefore arik tried by giving you that food pack o...
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by vislabraye(m): 10:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
Gee001:
Aero served me and others one big eva water in a very small disposable cup. In the end they served just two big bottles of water for everybody.

That's so mean...
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by FrenchyL(m): 10:57pm On Nov 27, 2016
Arik Air... Serving their customers a Very #FrustratedCakeAndWater

#NeverAgain
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by NaLaugh: 10:57pm On Nov 27, 2016
martyns303:

Yawns. Touch screen, with just 1 letter between D n G on my quartzy keypad, typo error was inevitable. I think its rather pitiable that when you don't have valid point to back up ur claims you resort to typo errors and "horns". Yawns again.

The mathematical odds of that being two consecutive identical typos is pretty significant.
Improving as a person requires admitting your flaws and imperfections.

I'm not certain what points I need to back up MY personal experiences.

For the last time. Your citation of research data claiming EVERY person on a flight is equally impacted is false.
It would be a blind statement if I came to this conclusion by assumption.

I am not assuming. I am stating physical results of myself in the exact same scenario.
My sense of taste is NOT altered when I'm on a flight. I'm speaking for ME, and not for anyone else.
I have taken my own food on board many times, and it's never different. End of story.

I think anything beyond this point amounts to petty bickering, as I'm certain we both have more judicious things to spend time on.

Peace. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Souljaboi1: 11:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
Gee001:
Aero served me and others one big eva water in a very small disposable cup. In the end they served just two big bottles of water for everybody.

Lol. I usually disturb the guys on Azman ooo. I have collected the 1.5l bottle on two occasions.

The trick is to wait till they have finished serving. They might not answer you when serving, as others could take advantage of that.

Also, if its not a full flight, move your seat to the back aisle close to the store. Works for me. grin grin
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by IYANGBALI: 11:10pm On Nov 27, 2016
But you chop and drink am?
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by davide470(m): 11:16pm On Nov 27, 2016
Souljaboi1:

Lol. I usually disturb the guys on Azman ooo. I have collected the 1.5l bottle on two occasions.

The trick is to wait till they have finished serving. They might not answer you when serving, as others could take advantage of that.

Also, if its not a full flight, move your seat to the back aisle close to the store. Works for me. grin grin
My sister used Azman recently and from her statement, they are far better than Arik.

The only thing was everyone else was either wearing Hijab or Jalabiya, so she looked odd. Lol.

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Anextin(f): 11:17pm On Nov 27, 2016
Op, next time u are looking for a good snack pack try Dana airline. They even add apple at times.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by lugado: 11:20pm On Nov 27, 2016
this no even worry about the plane vibration. Na food you kan chop for inside naija plane. you try.
my days in jos we were not even served anything. that means that the airlines have improved. what was this guy's airline. em.... yeah Orji Kalu
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by okonja(m): 11:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
Vanquay:
I once travelled To Nigeria with Arik...Dad took Business class and I took Economy.

We both complained, that's how shìtty Arik is, I have never flown with them again. Instead I use British airways or the likes.

Did I insinuate I live in Nigeria?...Lord knows which holes these dunces crawl out from.

Don't mind him, He never knew Arik operates foreign routes... grin

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by vicholas(m): 11:32pm On Nov 27, 2016
I fly with Air Peace and serve us one happy hour, one Tom Tom, one biscuit
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 27, 2016
All doz ladies wey dey claim say na broke guyz full NL. Where u dey o? A view wil convince u & ur ignorance. Meanwhile, me too don experience dat refreshment stuff, in mai flight 2 d dream-land...lol
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by itunesgiftcard(m): 11:39pm On Nov 27, 2016
soberdrunk:

He wanted a standard plate of Nigerian jellof rice but didn't get it so he had to come to Nairaland to let us know
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by tosyne2much(m): 11:44pm On Nov 27, 2016
Iolo:
No airline serves proper food like Rice and local flights bro.
This thread funny with hilarious comment sha cheesy
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Souljaboi1: 11:46pm On Nov 27, 2016
davide470:
My sister used Azman recently and from her statement, they are far better than Arik.

The only thing was everyone else was either wearing Hijab or Jalabiya, so she looked odd. Lol.

Trust me when I say they are wonderful.

On my last trip to Lagos, I had booked a ticket but I didn't pay because I couldnt reach my ATM at the time. The flight was by 2200hrs so the reservation ended by 1320hrs or there about.

I later got home and used the reservation code to make payment at the exact deadline time. Long story short, I didn't get an email confirming my payment but I was debited. I tried confirming my booking, I got an error message. My only evidence was the screenshot of my payment code.

I immediately rushed to the office at the Airport and lodged my complain. After speaking to several employees, I was directed to Mr Sarina the Station Manager. He was the one who assured me it would all be sorted out. He asked I send the bank transaction details to him so he could forward it to the HQ.

I kept calling him to confirm if it was sorted, but he said I shouldn't worry; I should just arrive early to the Airport. I got to the Airport but the guys at the counter said I wasn't on the system. shocked I was really apprehensive, as I needed to be in Lagos the next day. After several calls where he spoke to the guys at the counter, a boarding pass was printed with another code. I was very happy. He even came to me when we were about boarding the flight. I was very grateful.

On another occasion, I arrived the airport at Abuja about 30mins after the end of boarding. The guys at the counter just smiled and issued my boarding pass. No hassle, no bickering. They said I was lucky, as it was a connecting flight coming from another state and the plane was yet to arrive.

Imagine something like that happening with Arik. cheesy lipsrsealed

Even Aero would have left the counter 10 mins after end of boarding.

4 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by tosyne2much(m): 11:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
OP, you fly economy you dey complain, we wey come dey fly business class nko?

*Nobody should quote me* cool
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by osita456(m): 11:49pm On Nov 27, 2016
aghhh! that's too small now. if na me next time I will use my wings. I drink red bull a lot.

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by okonja(m): 11:53pm On Nov 27, 2016
On a serious note I guess this is Ops first time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Passport In 1982 When $1164.84 Was N800 / China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years / Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.