Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,292 members, 7,860,700 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:35 PM

Why The Sudden Silence Of PDP As Regards Rotimi Akeredolu's Wife - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Sudden Silence Of PDP As Regards Rotimi Akeredolu's Wife (4925 Views)

Throwback Wedding Photo Of Rotimi Akeredolu & Betty In 1981 / Rotimi Akeredolu Is Ondo Governor-Elect - Punch / Aderemi Olusegun ‘takes Over’ PDP, As Party Chieftains Escape Mob Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Sudden Silence Of PDP As Regards Rotimi Akeredolu's Wife by laudate: 1:57am On Nov 28, 2016
Smart78:
Its on record that tinubu stood against eng. Funsho williams, and later his wife from becoming lagos governor just because she's igbo and nothing more. He even boasted to bode geoge about it. We av 4given him but av not 4gotten... Yorubas are tribalists.

The wife of the late Engr. Funsho Williams is NOT Igbo! She is a foreigner that has lived in Lagos for almost 40 years. Where do you people get your lies from??

1 Like

Re: Why The Sudden Silence Of PDP As Regards Rotimi Akeredolu's Wife by Smart78(m): 4:14am On Nov 28, 2016
laudate:

The wife of the late Engr. Funsho Williams is NOT Igbo! She is a foreigner that has lived in Lagos for almost 40 years. Where do you people get your lies from??
She's pure breed igbo and not only that but thier first daughter is married to Dr. Walter Ofornagoro's son... These are sacred facts.
Re: Why The Sudden Silence Of PDP As Regards Rotimi Akeredolu's Wife by Remii(m): 5:47am On Nov 28, 2016
Smart78:
Its on record that tinubu stood against eng. Funsho williams, and later his wife from becoming lagos governor just because she's igbo and nothing more. He even boasted to bode geoge about it. We av 4given him but av not 4gotten... Yorubas are tribalists.
tinubu was first governor to have 2 ibos as commissioners in his cabinet, Igbokwe and Akabueze, they are still holding very key positions in APC Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Why The Sudden Silence Of PDP As Regards Rotimi Akeredolu's Wife by CecyAdrian(f): 7:28am On Nov 28, 2016
Remii:
tinubu was first governor to have 2 ibos as commissioners in his cabinet, Igbokwe and Akabueze, they are still holding very key positions in APC Lagos

Don't mind this pained people, they will go to any length to spoil someone's name. If they don't involve Tinubu in their daily talk, they won't survive.

1 Like

Re: Why The Sudden Silence Of PDP As Regards Rotimi Akeredolu's Wife by CecyAdrian(f): 7:29am On Nov 28, 2016
Remii:

Don't mind this pained people, they will go to any length to spoil someone's name. If they don't involve Tinubu in their daily talk, they won't survive.
Re: Why The Sudden Silence Of PDP As Regards Rotimi Akeredolu's Wife by lomprico(m): 9:15am On Nov 28, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
pdp ofcouse

Hehehehe! Dreamer!
Re: Why The Sudden Silence Of PDP As Regards Rotimi Akeredolu's Wife by laudate: 4:09pm On Nov 28, 2016
Smart78:
She's pure breed igbo and not only that but thier first daughter is married to Dr. Walter Ofornagoro's son... These are sacred facts.

She is not Igbo. Stop peddling falsehood. The only correct thing you said is that her child married into the Ofonagoro family. But it is NOT her first daughter. It is her second son Babatunde, that is married to the Ofonagoro family. For your information, Walter Ofonagoro was a former lecturer in Unilag, and I know him well. His wife, Mrs. Stephanie Ofonagoro also used to work in Unilag Staff School and she is Indian. sad

1 Like

Re: Why The Sudden Silence Of PDP As Regards Rotimi Akeredolu's Wife by galeiiTNA: 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2016
laudate:

And what about their 37 Ezes and kinsmen who clapped to support for the person who threatened to drown their tribe in the lagoon?? sad

First of all, no one clapped when he made that speech, and even they did
They were clapping at his level of stupidty
Re: Why The Sudden Silence Of PDP As Regards Rotimi Akeredolu's Wife by laudate: 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2016
galeiiTNA:
First of all, no one clapped when he made that speech, and even they did
They were clapping at his level of stupidty

Chukwu biko!! shocked How can you talk like this?? Didn't you read the reactions of the Ezes that were in attendance when the speech was made? It was reported by the press in all the newspapers, now! The Ezes even pledged allegiance to the Oba of Lagos, when he made that statement! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why The Sudden Silence Of PDP As Regards Rotimi Akeredolu's Wife by galeiiTNA: 4:25pm On Nov 28, 2016
laudate:

Chukwu biko!! shocked How can you talk like this?? Didn't you read the reactions of the Ezes that were in attendance when the speech was made? It was reported by the press in all the newspapers, now! The Ezes even pledged allegiance to the Oba of Lagos, when he made that statement! cheesy

But they didnt. Action speaks louder
Re: Why The Sudden Silence Of PDP As Regards Rotimi Akeredolu's Wife by laudate: 4:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
galeiiTNA:
But they didnt. Action speaks louder

Haba!! Do your research now, before you start talking like this. Oya, read the article posted here. The whole report was published by ThisDay Newspapers.

Vote for Ambode or Perish Inside the Lagoon, Oba akiolu Tells Igbos | ThisDay Newspapers | April 6th 2015 |

....“On Saturday, if anyone of you, I swear in the name of God, goes against my wish that Ambode will be the next governor of Lagos State, the person is going to die inside this water.

“I’m not ready to beg you. Nobody knew how I picked Ambode. Jimi (Agbaje) is my blood relation and I told him that he cannot be governor in Lagos for now. The future belongs to God. I am not begging anybody, but what you people cannot do in Onitsha, Aba or anywhere, don’t do it here.

“If you do what I want, Lagos will continue to be prosperous for you. If you go against my wish, you will perish in the water.”

The monarch said anybody against Ambode did not wish the state well, adding, “I am for the progress, growth and development of Lagos. Ambode is highly cerebral, he’s a symbol and he is going to deliver the message which I, the Oba of Lagos, have said. And he will govern the state for another eight years....

In his response, the Eze-Ndigbo of Amuwo-Oriade, Dr. Gordian Dimojiaku, promised Akiolu that the Igbos in the state would support Ambode.

“The mistake of last Saturday was caused by everybody, not only the Igbos. It is not only the Igbos that were responsible for the votes. But we have learnt our lesson. Saturday’s election is going to be a different thing and Ambode is going to win.

“Everybody knows that when you fail the first time, you cannot afford to fail again. We are going to tell our people that Ezes from the 20 local governments and 37 local council development areas are here and that we have sworn with the Oba that we are going to make sure that Ambode wins next Saturday’s election,” he said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/vote-for-ambode-or-perish-inside-the-lagoon-oba-akiolu-tells-igbos/206050/

Hope you can see the reaction of your Ezes that were in attendance when the Oba made his threat. None of them objected to his remarks or even expressed any displeasure at what he said, o! shocked

Here is another view of the same incident: cheesy

Oba Akiolu’s statement was jocularly to his Igbo friendsOba Akiolu’s ‘Death Threat’ Against Igbos Was An Honest Joke – Atueyi’ ON APRIL 10, 2015 | 3:44 AM

A Lagos-based lawyer Chukwudi Atueyi, who was present at the meeting between the Oba of Lagos Rilwan Akiolu and some Igbos where he made the infamous ‘death threat’, yesterday, gave an account of what transpired at the meeting.

According to Atueyi, the uproar was uncalled for as the Oba’s statement was not directed at the whole Igbos in Lagos but he spoke jokingly to his Igbo friends that visited him.

“All the Eze Ndi Igbo honorary in Lagos went to pay HRM solidarity visit on Sunday and I was fortunate to be among those present at the said meeting. What the Oba said was fully and simply directed to only the Igbos present at the meeting who his majesty considers to be very close to him and should understand him well enough.

“You know when one talks to his very close friends and subjects, he tends to be very free with them, so he was being very free with those present at the meeting and wanted us to realize how serious and close he takes us and our votes, because he cannot imagine us giving him our words only to turn back and do the very opposite.

“He did not force us to the meeting, we were the ones that went to him on solidarity visit, so it would be very evil of us to only go and deceive him there. He only jokingly (at least as it appeared to me then) warned the people present at the meeting who he considers his own people. The said warning that we are supposed to be very conversant with since we have all the[b] “Ëze Ndi Igbo”[/b] present there, as that was not the first time we visited him. We are all already aware of the Yoruba culture and understood perfectly what he meant. There was no specific place he referred to all the Igbos in Lagos.

“He was only addressing the Igbos with him present there whom he considers his own people and he simply observed his culture which we all quite understood and this explains why there was applause and laughter at the end of his speech. We were expected to, thereafter, talk to our people in civilized manner to convince them and canvass for their votes if we truly believe we are capable of doing so.

“The tradition of lagoon water threat was directed only to those present at the meeting as culture demands. Though he appeared serious but we all understood it as a joke, that was why we all applauded him and made fun of it there.

https://www.informationng.com/2015/04/oba-akiolus-death-threat-against-igbos-was-an-honest-joke-atueyi.html

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/oba-akiolu-addressed-us-his-igbo-friends/

1 Like

Re: Why The Sudden Silence Of PDP As Regards Rotimi Akeredolu's Wife by MYGFGSGH: 4:44pm On Dec 18, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Of course he would and and that was what happened. But you don't get it, my point is this, going by PDP's record of politics pattern, had Rotimi been their member, they will not fail to capitalize on her tribe and remind us of the importance of Rotimi's marriage to an Igbo woman and that despite FG's (imaginary) maginalization of the 5% they are the only party that are trying to give the Igbo's a voice and making their daughter a First Lady in a strange land is one of such ways.
Under PDP a yoruba was a first lady in benue state, Atiku's wife is also a yoruba. Your point makes no sense.
Re: Why The Sudden Silence Of PDP As Regards Rotimi Akeredolu's Wife by CecyAdrian(f): 5:19pm On Dec 18, 2016
MYGFGSGH:
Under PDP a yoruba was a first lady in benue state, Atiku's wife is also a yoruba. Your point makes no sense.

Did u make sense now, maybe you should read up on what I said carefully.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See How ABU Zaria Female Students Welcomed Buhari From Their Hostel / Lady Who Married A Man Because Of His Money Gave Birth To Old Man As A Baby Foto / PHOTO: Policeman Attending Meeting With Armed Bandits In The Bush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.