Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,172 members, 7,811,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu - Investment (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu (112882 Views)

Bad News For Guiders As MMM Announces New Strategy / Anxiety As MMM Again Removes GH Of Mavrodians / Before You Go Ahead To Provide Help As MMM Returns, Take Note! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by ring7(m): 9:17pm On Nov 28, 2016
Nairaland and MMM I tire oooo
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Samabu07(m): 9:17pm On Nov 28, 2016
This post is misleading.

1 Like

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 28, 2016
tolexy007:

Y u taken medicine for another mans headache
Because I care, I am tired of seeing suicides and death reports making this front page. Its enough already.

1 Like

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by sleeknaija(m): 9:18pm On Nov 28, 2016
Splinz:
– The body of a final year student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka has been found dangling from a rope in his room

A final year student of agricultural engineering at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, who is also reported to be a participant of the Mavrodi Mondial Movement investment scheme (MMM), has committed suicide.

Premium Times reports the student, identified as Tobechukwu Okeke was found on Sunday morning, November 27, dangling from a rope in his room at Odenigwe, a community in Nsukka, Enugu state.

The deceased was said to have left a note behind where he apologised to his family, according to accounts by a neighbor close to the family.

The contents of the note read: “Mother, Father, brother, I’m sorry. Ify, may your children never suffer. Uncle Mathias, you gave me all. I am sorry. Death calls. Linguistic department, I am sorry. Okeke Tobechukwu S. 2012/185649,” the neighbour, who did not want to be named, quoted

Though the cause of Mr. Okeke’s death is yet to be ascertained, some of his neighbours suggested that he was in debt, some said he was tired of schooling, others attributed his suicide to the loss of money in a network business he invested into.

The deceased’s last Facebook posts showed he had been involved in the controversial MMM scheme as he used his account to advertise the scheme.

His last post, in September, read: “MMM is enriching lives of millions of Nigerians everyday. If you care to join or you have any questions please send me a message or comment below.”

One of the deceased’s colleagues, who also did not want to be named, said he was given an electrical wiring job to do at the department of linguistics in the university, because of his expertise in electrical works. I saw him this (Sunday) morning, he seemed to have a problem which he needed money to solve,” the colleague added.

The university authorities have also confirmed the incident, but said the family had not officially informed the institution.

Uju Umo, the university’s dean of student affairs said: “I travelled for a burial last weekend and yesterday I got a text message saying a student had committed suicide.”

“It happened at Odenigwe, one of the host communities outside the school and I was told he left a suicide note apologising to his fellow gamblers.”

Similarly, Chukwu Emmanuel, the university’s student union president, also confirmed the incident, and said the matter was being investigated. “There’s no concrete details for now,” he added.

People close to the deceased described him as a comedian who always used jokes to awake sleeping students during night classes. “He used to go around to classes at night to crack jokes and encourage students to forget their worries and focus,” a friend told Premium Times.

Recall that the House of Representatives recently asked the EFCC and the Central Bank of Nigeria to immediately go after the promoters MMM in Nigeria.

Lawmakers strongly opposed the investment scheme, which lately gained popularity among Nigerians in the wake of the current economic recession in the country.

MMM promises 30 per cent return on investment for any money put into the scheme within 30 days.
The investment scheme has a Russian origin and involves directing clients to make money available for an anonymous person with a promise of 30 per cent return within one month.

Source: http://www.nigeriatoday.ng/2016/11/shock-as-mmm-participant-commits-suicide-in-enugu/

where is the proof that indicates that this man committed suicide because of MMM. Nigerians just like disseminating fake news. U guys are looking for ways to bring down mmm, no it wont work. MMM ias still paying............

1 Like

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by la20la12: 9:18pm On Nov 28, 2016
Person take loan 4 bank Bank wf outrageous interest..e no fit pay back wf d stipulated tym d person com fyn way xcape(die).....Go close bank na....mmm has com 2 stay#financialiindependent#
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by billyG(m): 9:20pm On Nov 28, 2016
Splinz:
– The body of a final year student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka has been found dangling from a rope in his room

A final year student of agricultural engineering at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, who is also reported to be a participant of the Mavrodi Mondial Movement investment scheme (MMM), has committed suicide.

Premium Times reports the student, identified as Tobechukwu Okeke was found on Sunday morning, November 27, dangling from a rope in his room at Odenigwe, a community in Nsukka, Enugu state.

The deceased was said to have left a note behind where he apologised to his family, according to accounts by a neighbor close to the family.

The contents of the note read: “Mother, Father, brother, I’m sorry. Ify, may your children never suffer. Uncle Mathias, you gave me all. I am sorry. Death calls. Linguistic department, I am sorry. Okeke Tobechukwu S. 2012/185649,” the neighbour, who did not want to be named, quoted

Though the cause of Mr. Okeke’s death is yet to be ascertained, some of his neighbours suggested that he was in debt, some said he was tired of schooling, others attributed his suicide to the loss of money in a network business he invested into.

The deceased’s last Facebook posts showed he had been involved in the controversial MMM scheme as he used his account to advertise the scheme.

His last post, in September, read: “MMM is enriching lives of millions of Nigerians everyday. If you care to join or you have any questions please send me a message or comment below.”

One of the deceased’s colleagues, who also did not want to be named, said he was given an electrical wiring job to do at the department of linguistics in the university, because of his expertise in electrical works. I saw him this (Sunday) morning, he seemed to have a problem which he needed money to solve,” the colleague added.

The university authorities have also confirmed the incident, but said the family had not officially informed the institution.

Uju Umo, the university’s dean of student affairs said: “I travelled for a burial last weekend and yesterday I got a text message saying a student had committed suicide.”

“It happened at Odenigwe, one of the host communities outside the school and I was told he left a suicide note apologising to his fellow gamblers.”

Similarly, Chukwu Emmanuel, the university’s student union president, also confirmed the incident, and said the matter was being investigated. “There’s no concrete details for now,” he added.

People close to the deceased described him as a comedian who always used jokes to awake sleeping students during night classes. “He used to go around to classes at night to crack jokes and encourage students to forget their worries and focus,” a friend told Premium Times.

Recall that the House of Representatives recently asked the EFCC and the Central Bank of Nigeria to immediately go after the promoters MMM in Nigeria.

Lawmakers strongly opposed the investment scheme, which lately gained popularity among Nigerians in the wake of the current economic recession in the country.

MMM promises 30 per cent return on investment for any money put into the scheme within 30 days.
The investment scheme has a Russian origin and involves directing clients to make money available for an anonymous person with a promise of 30 per cent return within one month.

Source: http://www.nigeriatoday.ng/2016/11/shock-as-mmm-participant-commits-suicide-in-enugu/
God go punish una 4 trying to drag pple down d precipice of recession by force,enemies of progress.MMM will outlive its enemies.
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 28, 2016
uairaland:
i have never tried this MMM stuff but I am yet to understand the relationship between the guy's suicide and the MMM scheme.
Why should this poorly written piece of junk make the front page?

SEUN please call your moderators for an urgent meeting and tell them that traffic generation is NOT BY FORCE.

this nairaland is becoming more of a dumping ground for any stewpid story that would generate traffic.

stop bullshitting.
PLEASE GROW UP.

AS IN EH, JUST NOW WE KNOW SEUN AND HIS USELESS FORUM ARE THE PROBLEMS THE MASSES HAVE IN THIS COUNTRY.
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by sleeknaija(m): 9:21pm On Nov 28, 2016
ALAYORMII:
The thing never crash and dem don dey kill demsef already

OLODO, who tell u say na wetin kill am be that? Pick sense abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by riczy(m): 9:21pm On Nov 28, 2016
Haters of MMM, shame on u!
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by otemanuduno: 9:22pm On Nov 28, 2016
Billyonaire:
I talk am, they dont wanna listen. I knew people were going to commit suicide and e don happen.
I don't agree with you on this. MMM so far in Nigeria hasn't crashed. He didn't die of MMM.
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by sweetenheskey(m): 9:22pm On Nov 28, 2016
ayam not understanding wht is the relationship between his death and mmm. soo mmm Don turn virus wy dy kill abi? . brain must be
paining you
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by SeyiAyorinde(m): 9:23pm On Nov 28, 2016
Abeg wetin concern mmm for this now?na God go punish anybody wey wan bring MMM down.
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by tiwasiaife(m): 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2016
I know him he lives near ankys bread odenigwe. no be mmm killam bad people calling dog a bad name so as to hang it
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by lilmessiah(m): 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2016
With the introduction 'MMM' how will the bankers sustain their employment opportunity when the majority of Nigerians are withdrawing funds instead of saving more, think of retrenching bankers in consciously as the day goes by. See what government are seeing, not just about the risk of losing money by the citizens but also creating unemployment and promoting laziness...
Mobile: 08033312464
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2016
Shame on you nairaland. And the moderators shame. I created a post on about MMM titled "Titled my Journey With MMM" which was meant to show ppl my daily activities with MMM unfortunately the thread was closed within minutes.

However if there's anything to bring down MMM the stupid mods will quickly carry it to front page.

Shame, shame, shame, shame, shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame

4 Likes

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by darlingnuel(m): 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2016
lol @ "He died of MMM". MMM is now a disease. Ridiculously put, "He died of Acute Mavrodi Systemic infection" hahahaha
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by toolovely(m): 9:27pm On Nov 28, 2016
so nairaland actually brot this scrap to fp? so, any fool who decides to take his life, we blame it on MMM? Na waoo
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 28, 2016
otemanuduno:
I don't agree with you on this. MMM so far in Nigeria hasn't crashed. He didn't die of MMM.
I agree, he died of heart break and depression caused by loss of money to MMM, after all, MMM didnt tie the rope on his neck. Congrats on your line of thought.

1 Like

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by linearity: 9:27pm On Nov 28, 2016
bellville:
And how did MMM make him commit suicide? Why are people trying hard to pull down MMM? So any MMM participant that dies now died because of MMM.

The account on naira land confirmed what I read somewhere else, in that 'he was owing lots of people'.

It is very plausible that, he borrowed from many to sponsor his MMM activities and the pay is not coming.

Another school of thought, since he is in MMM and receiving 30% returns each month on investment, why should he be in that kind of death?

Or he was already in serious debts and out of desperation, joined MMM in a bid to hit the big pay, but because of his desperations, he did not read the MMM fine print that states that, one should only use the money they can afford to lose to bet, but instead he put everything on the line and got burnt by MMM.

If I make 30% returns in business, 360% annualized, if I am in debts at all, it will only be to banks and in the tunes of billions plus, it also means the future is bright and drastic actions like taking one's life will be out of the picture.

Note: my comments are purely speculative as none of know his motives. The same is also true about your comments about it not related to MMM.
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by GoldEnyong(m): 9:27pm On Nov 28, 2016
so unprofessional reporting or write-up I may say. What has MMM got to do with his death. Has MMM failed? What about the neighbors and students he had mentioned in his suicide note?

1 Like

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by playtheblues(f): 9:28pm On Nov 28, 2016
I am a proud MMM participant and I have gained a lot. Thank God.

1 Like

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by nonstan(m): 9:28pm On Nov 28, 2016
why spread false news, he is in Agric Economics, also lets stop speculating
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by bettercreature(m): 9:28pm On Nov 28, 2016
chocolateme:
Hmm.. What has MMM gat to do with this? They just wanna start creating unnecessary discomfort and nervousness among people.

If care is not taken, its the gullible and myopic Nigerians that will use their hands to kill and destroy the existence of MMM in this kwontiri
You are probably enjoying MMM LOL anyway the post make no sense.I don't see any connection between his death and MMM
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by afroxyz: 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2016
N
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by mecussey(m): 9:30pm On Nov 28, 2016
bellville:
And how did MMM make him commit suicide? Why are people trying hard to pull down MMM? So any MMM participant that dies now died because of MMM.

I was curiously reading how MMM kill this guy but i no see...why nairaland dey interested in MMM like this?
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Giannakopoulos(f): 9:30pm On Nov 28, 2016
Seun kindly conduct training for your moderators because NL would soon loose popularity trying to pull down MMM.
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by otemanuduno: 9:31pm On Nov 28, 2016
Billyonaire:
I agree, he died of heart break and depression caused by loss of money to MMM, after all, MMM didnt tie the rope on his neck. Congrats on your line of thought.
I'm sure you don't know anything much about MMM, if not you wouldn't have said that he lost money to MMM. As much as I know in Nigeria, nobody has lost money to MMM. If anyone has lost money, then such person himself or herself is the one trying to con MMM.
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Funjosh(m): 9:31pm On Nov 28, 2016
So Na MMM kill am abi. Why is Nairaland like this
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by SeyiOmoOba: 9:32pm On Nov 28, 2016
[quote author=Splinz post=51452704]– The body of a final year student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka has been found dangling from a rope in his room

Source: http://www.nigeriatoday.ng/2016/11/shock-as-mmm-participant-commits-suicide-in-enugu/[/quote

Do you have head at all?
What's it in that your nonsense story indicated he committed suicide because of MMM that you identified him as such in the title?
Bikkooooooooooo
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by lekkie073(m): 9:32pm On Nov 28, 2016
to all the mmm advocates on this thread i want u to take a little time to ponder on this....

whats the origin of mmm?
what r d antecedents of such scheme?
where does it lead to?

dat u r already making money from the scheme doesnt make it justified. in actual sense u r d bait which is used to ultimately get what they want. this scheme has been banned in saner climes, have crashed in more stabilized economies. so why in heavens sake should d scheme be allowed to go on when it is very sure dat the end is always tragic?

my message to all is this:
if u have made money thru mmm goodluck
if u r intending to enrol, pls stay back in ur own interest because u r about to buy a monkey on a tree!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How To Withraw Your Bitcoin Staight To Your Local Bank Without Any Exchanger / MMM Nigeria.net Owner Unmasked. (photo) / Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.