Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

#ondodecides: Mimiko Congratulates Akeredolu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #ondodecides: Mimiko Congratulates Akeredolu (16309 Views)

Buhari Congratulates Akeredolu: This Is A Huge Win,Unity Of Our Party Was Tested / Jimoh Ibrahim Congratulates Akeredolu, Mocks Mimiko / #ondodecides: Ondo State Governorship Election Monitoring/live Report Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #ondodecides: Mimiko Congratulates Akeredolu by hothead(m): 1:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
So how ‘terrible’ was this Libya that had existed for the four decades since the original revolution?
According to David Blundy and Andrew Lycett’s book titled, “Qaddafi and the Libyan Revolution”, published
long before the 2011 crisis;

The young people are well dressed, well fed and well educated. Every Libyan gets free
and often excellent education, medical and health services. New colleges and
hospitals are impressive by any international standard.
[/size][size=8pt]

They further state, “All Libyans have a house or a flat, a car, and most have
televisions and other conveniences. Compared with most citizens of Third
World countries, and with many (others), Libyans have it very good indeed.”[/size][size=8pt]

Again, it was a broadly secular society that had been established after Gaddafi and his revolutionary allies had ousted King Idris
in their entirely bloodless coup in 1969. Child marriage was banned and women enjoyed equality of equal pay for equal work
(an astonishing reform for an Arab nation at that time), equal rights in divorce and access to higher education. For that matter,
enjoyment of higher education rose from 8% in 1966 to 43% in 1996, with literacy rates rising from 25% before Gaddafi to an estimated 88%
during his era, and average life-expectancy rose from 51/54 in 1969 to 74/77.[siz
e=8pt][/size][size=8pt][/size]

How did this happen?? Where is NIGERIA?? Are we going towards a future like OR BETTER THAN this?? THAT SHOULD BE EVERYONE AND EVERY PARTY'S CONCERN

Re: #ondodecides: Mimiko Congratulates Akeredolu by SweetLove0(f): 1:22pm On Nov 29, 2016
GOOD
Re: #ondodecides: Mimiko Congratulates Akeredolu by Jakasibo(m): 2:29pm On Nov 29, 2016
grin angry The fear of probe
Re: #ondodecides: Mimiko Congratulates Akeredolu by Ijaya123: 3:04pm On Nov 29, 2016
lawrenzi:
Does he really have a choice?

only if Nigerian politicians act like Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan. Even Hillary Clinton congratulated Trump just like EAJ did.

Dedicating this plot of land to all pregnant Nairalanders, safe delivery.

GEJ didn't have a choice, did he? That's the sane thing to do.
Re: #ondodecides: Mimiko Congratulates Akeredolu by gebest: 3:04pm On Nov 29, 2016
Keneking:
Ok..."it is incumbent upon me as Governor to facilitate smooth transition between my government and the incoming one. I will, to this end, provide the ambience for a smooth and seamless transition process.” undecided

Not only ambience, you must provide the template and access to State and local government joint accounts ...BVN nos, signatories, status of outstanding loans, domestic and foreign. Documentation(s) of all contracts, details of contractors and verifiable sureties. Similarly, you must correspond all payments received as governor since inception in 2008 (as Labour governor).

You must also include a handover note which must state clearly:

- in 1,000 words, why EFCC must not probe your administration
- in 250 words, why you owe workers backlog salaries and wages
- in 10,000 words, why you think the new government can not succeed
- in 500 words, special remarks, PLUS
- video evidence of how you met government since the days of Agagu in terms of infrastructural development, education and agriculture till date.
- video evidence of investments in the state using NDDC funds and 13% derivation, as well as balance sheet for the last 8 years

Useless government grin grin grin
u forgot to add ODSOPADEC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #ondodecides: Mimiko Congratulates Akeredolu by ojinuocheibi(m): 3:49pm On Nov 29, 2016
engineerboat:
Governor Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State on Monday sent his congratulatory message to the Governor-Elect, Mr Oluwarotimi Akeredolu SAN.

Mimiko in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Eni Akinsola, said “it behoves of him as the Governor of Ondo State to congratulate the Governor-elect, Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu, SAN, and wish him success in the challenging task of governing our dear State.”
Does he have a choice?
The Ondo Governor sa is incumbent upon me as Governor to facilitate a smooth transition between my government and the incoming one. I will, to this end, provide the ambience for a smooth and seamless transition process.”

While promising to continue to provide leadership to the State till the takeover date, Mimiko expressed his appreciation to the people of the State. He said “I use this medium to express my sincere appreciation to all our citizens for the very peaceful manner in which they conducted themselves throughout the election period. I will not waiver in providing needed leadership to our dear State till the last day of my term.”

He enjoined residents to strive to sustain the peace enjoyed in the State for the past seven years, promising to speak with them as occasion demands as his “eight year tenure inches to an end.”

http://ondotv.com.ng/2016/11/28/ondodecides-mimiko-congratulates-akeredolu/
DOES HE HAVE A CHOICE
Re: #ondodecides: Mimiko Congratulates Akeredolu by bashydemy(m): 5:05pm On Nov 29, 2016
Oildichotomy:
Give it up for Olusegun Mimiko on this one, this is highest level of statemanship www.nairaland.com/attachments/4546365_screenshot20150419at3_11_50pm_jpegcffbea97fb3d5340b7d6772e890515af
Statements like this make good intentions seems ordinary.

We have had situations in this country where an incumbent Governor from another party was not ready to ensure seamless transition to a new party.

Try and see the good in this move

Well you cannot compare that to this, In this election APC won 14 LG and PDP and AD won 2 each.
Re: #ondodecides: Mimiko Congratulates Akeredolu by oluwatymylehyn(m): 11:51pm On Nov 29, 2016
Politics shouldn't be a do or die affairs. Moreover, these guys are best of friends. We've seen Governor Mimiko and Mr Akeredolu SAN on many numbers of occasions chilling. My advice to we youths is churn political violence. We are the future of this great country. Big thanks to Governor Mimiko, you've done your best. God bless you. To the Governor-Elect, I wish you brilliant days ahead. #GodblessOndoState#GodblessNigerian#

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reps Seek Emergency Declaration On Ritual Killings, Blame Nollywood / New Naira Notes, Fuel Scarcity: Fifth Columnists, PDP Twisted Tinubu's Comments / Tambuwal Seeks America's Help In Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.