Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Ex-speaker Declares Governorship Bid In Ekiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-speaker Declares Governorship Bid In Ekiti (1705 Views)

Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid / Check Out The New Slogan Released 2day By Fayose 4 His 2018 Governorship Bid(pix / 'Do Not Be Deceived,This Airline Killed My Wife & Kid':Ex-speaker Blasts Rochas( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-speaker Declares Governorship Bid In Ekiti by Johnnyessence(m): 8:44am On Nov 29, 2016
Former Speaker of Ekiti State House of Assembly, Olufemi Bamisile, has declared his intention to run for the governorship seat on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC). Bamisile who held a rally in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital on Monday to mark the end of his eighteen- month tour to all the 177 wards in 124 towns and villages said the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) administration has failed to live up to expectation. The former Speaker advised Governor Ayodele Fayose to start packing his personal effects from the Ado Ekiti Government House saying “a movement to enthrone a people-oriented APC-led government has commenced.” He boasted that a “political hurricane” would soon blow Fayose and his “government of deceit” away accusing the governor of unleashing more hardship on the people through harsh policies, misplacement of priorities, poverty of ideas and government by impulse.” Bamisile had earlier held a rally at Okeyinmi Roundabout in the heart of the town from where the train moved to the APC secretariat at Ajilosun where he addressed the state party executive led by the Deputy Chairman, Mrs. Kemisola Olaleye. He was accompanied to the party secretariat by his campaign team, otherwise known as TEAM BAFEM, women groups, youth, commercial motorcycle riders, among others. The ex-Speaker stressed that his ward-to-ward tour revealed that the people in the grassroots have been made poorer by the PDP regime which he said failed to address their standard of living. He said Fayose’s days in power are numbered. Advertisement Ad closed by Stop seeing this ad Ads by Google Already bought this Not interested in this ad Ad covered content Seen this ad multiple times We'll try not to show that ad again Ad closed by He described the APC as the party with the right manifesto to turn around the fortunes of Ekiti which he alleged has nosedived under Fayose accusing the governor of failing to build on the achievements of his immediate predecessor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi. Addressing the members of the State Working Committee at the APC secretariat, Bamisile unfolded his Octopus Agenda for Human Capital Development which he described as his treaty with the good people of the state. The Octopus Agenda, according to Bamisile, has eight legs which include agriculture, infrastructure development, economic and industrial development, education, health sector development, security, social security and governance. He urged the leadership of the APC in the state to organize a transparent, free and fair primary for all aspirants aiming to run for governor expressing confidence that he would clinch the ticket to fly the party’s flag in the 2018 poll. Bamisile disclosed that he is working with the Ekiti in Diaspora to attract investment to the state noting that many of them had signified interest to work with him and launch the state on the path of sustainable development. Responding, Mrs. Olaleye, described Bamisile as a loyal party man who is passionate about the development of the state. She said the APC was poised to reclaim power in Ekiti judging by the number of key political actors joining the party on daily basis. Mrs. Olaleye promised that the state exco would be fair to all aspirants seeking its ticket urging them to be more loyal to the party for the dream of regaining power to be a reality. https://www.today.ng/politics/222892/speaker-declares-governorship-bid-ekiti

1 Like

Re: Ex-speaker Declares Governorship Bid In Ekiti by Atiku2019: 8:56am On Nov 29, 2016
Cool
Re: Ex-speaker Declares Governorship Bid In Ekiti by muykem: 9:06am On Nov 29, 2016
You guys does not know Fayose. He has concluded arraignment to defect to APC. He will never make Mimiko mistake who stupidity pretend not to know that Yorupa will never vote for PDP again.
Re: Ex-speaker Declares Governorship Bid In Ekiti by thesicilian: 9:13am On Nov 29, 2016
This is going to be a very interesting movie. Now we get to know if Fayose is truly a man of his people as they say

1 Like

Re: Ex-speaker Declares Governorship Bid In Ekiti by Johnnyessence(m): 10:02am On Nov 29, 2016
muykem:
You guys does not know Fayose. He has concluded arraignment to defect to APC. He will never make Mimiko mistake who stupidity pretend not to know that Yorupa will never vote for PDP again.
the best thing for fayose and Pdp should change their name. They will be defeated in twenty eighteen. Help me tell fayose and his reps and senators that they should be preparing for the shocker for their lives. Pdp will be defeated in twenty eighteen in ekiti state. Fayose will be jailed after his immunity as the governor.

1 Like

Re: Ex-speaker Declares Governorship Bid In Ekiti by Day169: 10:02am On Nov 29, 2016
The "Trump effect" is sweeping across our political terrain, where underdogs have become emboldened to take on the government in power.

1 Like

Re: Ex-speaker Declares Governorship Bid In Ekiti by Smithkafors(m): 10:55am On Nov 29, 2016
PDP will win ekiti.put your money on that.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-speaker Declares Governorship Bid In Ekiti by shaddoww: 11:16am On Nov 29, 2016
Judging from wat occurred in d Ondo election, the President boys will manipulate APC's primary and favour Fayemi, and since Fayose isn't contesting again n d fact that he has expose his people to be so poor, then d federal boys will spend everything they can just like Ondo to win the election.

1 Like

Re: Ex-speaker Declares Governorship Bid In Ekiti by devilson(m): 11:23am On Nov 29, 2016
haha Is it fayemi that cannot win his ward in ekiti that would deliver for apc,at least apc won in presidential election in ondo but false gave them 16-0 back to back.

fayemi is as evil as fayose in ekiti so u guys stop all this.

apc might av a chance if they can bring back Sen.bode ola to contest as governor nd it seems it's him fayose Want to field (apc once betray the man though).
if fayose field sen.bode ola apc should forget about winning cause ekiti people don't even like fayemi at all.

as much as I want fayose In jail(nd fayemi) I don't see apc winning except fayose no field bode ola.

I rep sen.bode ola for next ekiti governor.

I use to stay In ekiti nd I still visit there so op stop talking shit from ur osun state or north
Re: Ex-speaker Declares Governorship Bid In Ekiti by MrPolitics: 12:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
Taking ekiti from fayose won't be easy tbh. I believe he won't be able to run in 2018 cause this counts as his 2nd term but he'll ofcourse have a candidate.

Fayose is a fighter and i'm sure he'll be ready to pull any strings no matter how extreme to hold power in ekiti.

Also, it seems his people like him. And that's a major plus
Re: Ex-speaker Declares Governorship Bid In Ekiti by banki(m): 1:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
Smithkafors:
PDP will win ekiti.put your money on that.

I will put my money as soon as I know who FFK is supporting
Re: Ex-speaker Declares Governorship Bid In Ekiti by modath(f): 2:15pm On Nov 29, 2016
banki:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ex-speaker Declares Governorship Bid In Ekiti by Jokerman(m): 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
banki:

cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Checkout This New Picture Of Mohammadu Buhari's Economy I Saw On Facebook! / Is It Strange That I Do Not Feel At Home In My Home Country? / FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.