Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,391 members, 7,830,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) (67986 Views)

The New Look Of Ojodu Berger / Update: The New Look Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Work Continues On It(pics) / New Look Of Bama, A City That Was Once Taken Over By Boko Haram (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) by moufan: 4:14pm On Nov 29, 2016
humilitypays:
Any sensible person elected as Lagos State governor will perform, and you know why?

1. Lagos is the economic hub of Nigeria and Africa, and as a result, it has the highest IGR (Internally Generated Revenue), which makes huge amount of fund readily available for the governor and government of Lagos State to embark on developmental projects

2. Majority of people living in Lagos are economically productive and pay direct/indirect tax to Lagos State government unlike South-south states that generate majority of their fund from Federal Government allocation, but with huge wastage, infrastural/human destruction, increased security cost, etc resulting from militancy that's peculiar with any economy that's dependent on natural mineral resource.

3. Less oppostion. All thanks to Bola Tinubu who made frantic efforts in the past decades to kill every emerging opposition party in Lagos State. This makes it less stressful for any Lagos State governor to initiate and execute developmental projects without much delay from the state assembly.

4. Unique tribe and culture. Leading Lagos State is easy because Lagos is a homogenous tribe; Yoruba, unlike other states in the north and south-south were you will have more than 6 different tribes in one state speaking over 10 different dialects, making it difficult for there to be unification because each tribe will be fighting for their tribe's interest to the detriment of other tribes in the state.

Take Delta State for in stance.

This is the same challenges Nigeria is facing today, and Fashola has now realised that being successful as a Lagos State governor is not the same with being a minister of the federal republic of Nigeria.

So in conclusion, any sensible adult can perform as a governor of Lagos State...to test that person's ability to excel, give him or her a national leadership role and watch the outcome.

Football fans have also argued in this same direction in regards to Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi who has only played in one club; Barcelona, compared to C. Ronaldo who has played and excelled in different clubs in different European countries.
crap,crap,crap, just absolute crap rubbish that made no iota of sense
Re: New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) by moufan: 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2016
diegwu01:
God Bless you... The best response so far for anyone who really studied the video and has observed the situation on ground
This proposed idea wont still work or improve the situation in anyway. A quick study of that video on the 5th Roundabout would show you anyone from the Lekki - epe expressway willing to take a left turn toward the road / street beside the new Stoprite mall can practically make no turn at all
pls stop writing absolute gabbage,it's vert clear you know absolutely nothing about the design.
Re: New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) by Vek2015: 4:44pm On Nov 29, 2016
Please state your reason(s) why it doesn't make sence to you.

moufan:
crap,crap,crap, just absolute crap rubbish that made no iota of sense
Re: New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) by samofson: 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2016
Extremely poor design ... the roundabout and proposed new design would not reduce traffic flow.

instead of all these cutting of corners, Ambode should just close his eyes and build a flyover and exit ramps.
Re: New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) by bitingcool: 6:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
Oildichotomy:
People should just soft pedal on heaping praises on Lagos governors and have some deep retrospection on what they are supposedly touted as doing. Like this is just a roundabout for petes sake

It is pretty easy to get any Lagos governor to seem like he/she is working because of the way Lagos is strategically positioned within the media, intellectual, creative and economic sphere.

During Fashola time, it was as if BRF was the best thing in Lagos since ewa agoyin and bread but immediately the chips are down the reality of the hype and incompetence came bare.

Abegii!

I concur, partially though. I was really squinting to see plans for Railroad on the design. If Ambode wants his name written after Jakande whose legacies still stand tall, he should create a railroad for exit and entry into lekki/ ajah axis. His lineage/generations to come will know a great man existed
Re: New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) by Abagworo(m): 7:17pm On Nov 29, 2016
This is more like a drawing than completed project. OP this is a model of intended construction and not the finished product. The roundabout photos are the real ones.

Re: New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) by SIRmanjar(m): 7:50pm On Nov 29, 2016
IF I carry u go lekki roundabout u must love lagosioh..
Re: New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) by XX01(f): 7:52pm On Nov 29, 2016
LCC are filled with stupid engineers. Still don't understand why the road has to become a funnel at each roundabout. Why not make the space for your adverts smaller and then create more lanes for traffic to pass?

Why is there not as much traffic by 2nd roundabout in the morning even though more cars are passing there than 5th roundabout? It's because there is enough space for cars to pass without having a choke point.

They should have tried that first before this wasted attempt.

1 Like

Re: New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) by Majorking66(m): 8:15pm On Nov 29, 2016
OOH God and Aba to Portharcourt road is in this bad condition
Re: New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) by ogunsj: 8:25pm On Nov 29, 2016
Oildichotomy:
Brother Can you imagine the mindset some Nigerians have?

I give up on this country
my brother if you want to give up on Nigeria please do. for those who live in alagbado end of Lagos will ever appreciate the abule eba over head bridge that is on going. empty barrel always make the loudest noise.
Re: New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) by comrChris(m): 8:55pm On Nov 29, 2016
this people keep spending money on some few selected developed place in lagos while many places are death trap, Ambode is working is only here on nairaland, go round lagos n see how people are condemning this man, so many places in lagos are terrible
Re: New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) by hush15: 9:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Governor Ambode is working! The only man who has truly brought "Change" in this time of "change" grin

Btw, My Willlie is working too na cool cool

While I appreciate Ambode for his proactive efforts in making Lagos better, there is still so much to consider. Traffic situations in Lagos is not only because the infrastructure is inadequate, it because of Indiscipline and abuse by road users.

To start with, Are the commercial bus drivers factored into this project? Atleast we all know how irresponsible they drive. Is it the improper use of lanes before approaching turns or diversions, passengers that wants to be picked up and dropped at any point or is it the response time to remove accidented vehicles causing obstruction or all the illegal crossing and impatient motorist and so on and so forth. Even the big round about can thrive with the right attitude from all stakeholders.

While improving the infrastructure, the real deal is massive orientation on road usage by all concerned and for all concerned that can help even with the new development else it's still back to square one.
Re: New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) by Oildichotomy(m): 9:18pm On Nov 29, 2016
ogunsj:
my brother if you want to give up on Nigeria please do. for those who live in alagbado end of Lagos will ever appreciate the abule eba over head bridge that is on going. empty barrel always make the loudest noise.
Now you made some sense with a real project not roundabout redesign

That reminds me which barrel are you staying in alagbado outskirts of Lagos
Re: New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) by diegwu01: 9:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
moufan:
pls stop writing absolute gabbage,it's vert clear you know absolutely nothing about the design.
lol, its like your company designed it ?? grin grin grin grin the work is trash
Re: New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 30, 2016
It's also a government that thinks .This kind of junction is presently at Civic center, VI and the oniru junction just before the pedestrian bridge at the Admiralty tollgate and it's working fine so I kept wondering why about two plots of land is being used for a useless roundabout. These roundabouts should be phased out all over Lagos even the Falomo round about.They are constituting traffic nuisance in my megacity of Lagos
It's a good lead that leaders need to be proactive on behalf of the people
Re: New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) by Xtowilson(m): 8:42am On Nov 30, 2016
Any Governor of Lagos that wouldn't work is a 419, criminal, because Lagos is almost as rich as the Federal Government, Lagos State can conveniently pay salaries of (5)five states workers put together and still have more than enough capital to do whatever work
Re: New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) by ceceee(f): 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
Makes a lot of sense
Re: New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) by tinsel: 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2016
ednut1:
for the past three weeks d traffic from lekki to jakande has been hell, journey of 7 mins without traffic now con be 2 hours plus. contractors speed up work we don tire. Ambode is really working Fashola is all about media hype
Because they are working on the roundabout.
Re: New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) by tinsel: 3:32pm On Nov 30, 2016
comrChris:
this people keep spending money on some few selected developed place in lagos while many places are death trap, Ambode is working is only here on nairaland, go round lagos n see how people are condemning this man, so many places in lagos are terrible
You really don't know what you are saying. Leave politics alone this time.

1 Like

Re: New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) by quickberry(m): 1:07pm On Mar 23, 2019
awelekiti:
All hail Lasgidi, the pride of Africa....Lasgidi for life!

You are also from Lagos grin grin grin

Akara tu sepo
Re: New Look Of Lekki Roundabouts (photos,video) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 23, 2019
quickberry:

You are also from Lagos grin grin grin

Akara tu sepo
I live in Lagos with family. I also run my business here. Please dig more, more please, including my business life, hope you saw that too abi you just waka pass and pick wetin interest you wink...they're all here and if you need further clarification, let me know. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ihedioha Begins Demolition Of Monuments Built By Okorocha / EFCC Exposes Details On Hushpuppy's Arrest, Says He Has A Case To Answer / Bola Asiwaju Tinubu Branded Phone Floods Nigeria (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.