Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic (50423 Views)

"I Will Support My Son-in-law’s Governorship Ambition" — Okorocha / Obasanjo’s Statement On Buhari: We Won’t Comment Now – Presidency / Abdulmumin Jibrin: "Is This The Buhari We Know? Noooooo Something Is Wrong! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by ReubenE(m): 7:45pm On Nov 29, 2016
President Buhari n his good boy attitude is gradually becoming a problem.
This will definitely create domestic problems.

Baba should focus on improving the economy rather than fighting to create one stupid republic elsewhere....
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by shiimah: 7:51pm On Nov 29, 2016
Tolexander:
Tell us what independence, national recognition or recognized autonomy Biafra has!
You are indeed blind, deaf and dumb...
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by SNCOQ3(m): 7:52pm On Nov 29, 2016
omofunaab:
Seriously i wish Nigeria could organize a referendum.

Enough of distractions, anybody that wants to leave should be allowed to do so and should be willing to bear the consequences

This nation needs to focus, anybody that is not interested in the Nigerian project should be allowed to leave

Please what is the Nigerian project?
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by francotunsco: 7:55pm On Nov 29, 2016
Zendinho:
Hypocrisy is when u're a legend in marriage counselling but your wife is a divorecee....
No no no, i wont take this from you. Chris Oyakhilome isnt as hypocrite as you are!
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by CioAngels(f): 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
Onye Nnzuzu, odokwumo obodo, bu uno adin nma.
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by meccuno: 8:06pm On Nov 29, 2016
Progressive01:
Here comes another "one". cheesycheesycheesy

Kai. This has gotta be genetic. grin
I can't be upset. You are obviously not intelligent. cheesy
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by mandarin: 8:11pm On Nov 29, 2016
Western Sahara is not an Arab land exclusively and the word Arab negates the life of Tuaregs.The country must reflect that plurality.
It is not wrong for Biafra to agitate for separation from Nigeria just like Catalonia and Basque are seeking independence from Spain. However, a more mature approach needs to be employed and am not here to say how.
I feel the future of Nigeria lies in Regional autonomy, the current structure isn't sustainable

1 Like

Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by stinggy(m): 8:16pm On Nov 29, 2016
rozayx5:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/buhari-political-developments-south-sudan-worry/

but he says Nigerias unity is non negotiable. how hypocritic can a president get
Jonathan said same, even as a condition for National Conference.
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by piagetskinner(m): 8:27pm On Nov 29, 2016
That's what u get when u have a president as a bloody hypocrite
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by Vivvvy1(f): 8:27pm On Nov 29, 2016
SIRmuel86:
utobo

Hehehehehe
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 29, 2016
Biafra should temporarily rename their proposed country to the Christian Republic of Biafra! Watch them get the support of the West!!!
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 29, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
have you ever see where the saharawi people disturb The peace of the land or go on rampage insulting The government and threatening a war against the state?
IPods lack diplomacy to secede
abegi click on this link http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polisario_Front&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjr_-zY3M7QAhWCCMAKHV5dBsYQFggNMAA&sig2=2uG8EZUCe6w9gsOv70ce6w&usg=AFQjCNEC3V4S00fLH5nQ4O8OXkcM_4-cyg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
Victorvexz:

Ipob behave like animals and expect Nigerian government to behave civilized and hand them biafra on a platter of Gold.
more reason to let the animals go. I am under the impression we Igbo's aren't some ethnic groups favorite people yet,at the mention of our leaving naija, these same peeps begin halla "hell no". why?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by Ogbobesinachi(m): 9:00pm On Nov 29, 2016
Cowardice
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by Lawcurrent(m): 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2016
the pain of being one nation is just too much, so Mr. buhari allow Biafra to go and build their home, and see how they'd eliminate/imprison fake leaders for looting. equally tribalism and religion has blinded the eyes of men to see how a region will progress. I can't see Nigeria getting better as in uniting because their leaders can smile together when money is in there front, and become enemies if the money stops flowing and can leave a hypocritical life by favouring his religion or tribe or god father.
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by degamemaster(m): 9:06pm On Nov 29, 2016
Buharia is a cancer destroying Nigeria. He supported creation of Muslims terrorist countries but bent on killing innocent Biafrans for agitating for a Biafran state. What a hypocrite...

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by emi14: 9:08pm On Nov 29, 2016
Zendinho:
Hypocrisy is when u're a legend in marriage counselling but your wife is a divorecee....

Pastor Chris oyakhilome
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by Ayzio(m): 9:15pm On Nov 29, 2016
M.U.M.U
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by Legend87(m): 9:21pm On Nov 29, 2016
jahsharon:

Is Patience Jonathan a divorcee? Or rather was Ojukwu Odimegwu a divorcee?

One day, you'll learn to understand in parables.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by Adesiji77: 9:27pm On Nov 29, 2016
I was about to write "where the heck is Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic?" when I remembered that Google is my friend grin
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by solidman59(m): 9:42pm On Nov 29, 2016
jahsharon:

Is Patience Jonathan a divorcee? Or rather was Ojukwu Odimegwu a divorcee?
Guy go and sleep. You completely misunderstood the analogy.
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by lagosrd: 9:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
Progressive01:
Arent you somewhat contradicting yourself, given what you wrote earlier?? cheesy

If biafra is what you just described, then why the initial post?

You ehn.

When some people call Buhari a "dulkard" yet compare the agitation for biafra with Palestine, you cannot but wonder who the dullard really is.

Is Palestine a state? Yes, it is a state recognized by over 90% of the countries in the world, with the exception of Uncle Sam and some of her closest allies . What the people of Palestine seek is an end to OCCUPATION by a belligerent and disproportionately powerful neighbor and an end to decades of blockade- and NOT SECESSION.

Furthermore, they seek membership of UN amd have yet to get that because US keep bullying members of the Security Council into frustrating any such action. But so far, theyve been granted an "observer status", and for them, that is a good step.

Pray tell, where the hell is biafra on the world map? Who is her president. Who are their ministers? What about ambassadors?

What exactly is the similarity biafra has with Palestinia?

Smh. Emotional kids. cheesy
If you think you'd write good grammar my brother use on a long thing. If you like it or not tell your pay master who si ever felt he doesn't want to be part of any arrangement is free to go. Stop this nomadic recolonisation strategy. It will only spell doom in the nearest future. Remember those who make peaceful changes impossible makes violent ones inevitable. Mind you am not an easterner.
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by unclejb2(m): 9:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
Keneking:

It is simply a terminology used to illuminate hidden past, opportunity for some elites to gain ascendancy to political leadership and access to self-governance.Its not a genuine cause!
you are probably less than 30 years old, for you to say that Biafra is not a genuine cause. Your ignorance is highly supported by hatred. You definitely need help.
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by vislabraye(m): 10:45pm On Nov 29, 2016
Tolexander:
Hope this statement isn't going to cause a friction with Morocco!

This man just speaks without reasoning
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by vislabraye(m): 10:47pm On Nov 29, 2016
Legend87:

One day, you'll learn to understand in parables.

No waste time answer the moo moo angry
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by Kingspin(m): 11:30pm On Nov 29, 2016
Sorry but dear Mr President, you are a useless president of Nigeria.
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by Tolexander: 3:42am On Nov 30, 2016
vislabraye:

This man just speaks without reasoning
dindinrin!

The post is too heavy for you to know and comprehend, I understand!

People conversant with World politics understand what I was talking about.
I won't blame your skull full of maggot since why you registered on Nairaland is to follow girls here anywhere.

Anuofia!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by Blue3k(m): 4:21am On Nov 30, 2016
Buhari's a meme at this point. Anyway I personally don't think Biafra as popular it seems. If the referendum was held I think they would lose. I think reforms would be better honestly.
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by domben(m): 4:52am On Nov 30, 2016
Paperwhite:
My dear,the president have just set off a time bomb.Pray the effect will not backfire on us all.Absolute foolishness on display.
. mumu na mumu.when a bad person became a leader, people will be suffering but when Gods chosen became a leader. people rejoice. God please we need your intervention in this nation Nigeria in Jesus name Amen.
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by OPCNAIRALAND: 5:38am On Nov 30, 2016
On this topic I have few words of encouragenent to give Biafrans.

You have a very genuine case for demanding to be out of Nigeria, unfortunately you lack capability for self-preservation. This single defect is your downfall and when it is in unfavorable mixture with adverse multipliers you are still blind to the impending danger and thus end up demolishing gains that you accrued through vast struggles.

This is simple. The Saharawis have been in this struggle as long, if not longer than Biafra. The Palestinians have been at it since 1943. Meanwhile South Sudan and Eritrea came from behind and with as much losses as Biafra have succeeded in getting recognition as a country. Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic is recognized by most except Morrocco. Nonetheless they hold their own elections and have a democratic government and live outside the political influence of Morrocco. Everyone of these people struggled and eventually overcame their barriers, but they played their game smart.

Biafra must get America on your side before you can get recognition anywhere. For reasons I stated earlier you continue to demolish gains. You struggle and build up a credibility then one of your people wake up one day and erase all the gains. Let me give you some specifics. First, look at these entities: Carter Center, Andrew Young, Obasanjo, Clinton Global Initiative.

If you get these people on your side to sponsor your cause Biafra will be a reality in less than 10yrs. I promise you!

Obasanjo + Jimmy Carter + Andrew Young have kept a tight buddying relationship for decades. In fact, Obasanjo is a proxy of Carter Center in Nigeria. If you need to know what Carter Center is google it.

Andrew Young is right hand man of MLK. He was former congressman, former Mayor of Atlanta and then US Permanent Representative in UN. He was instrumental with a host of African Americans, including Harry Belafonte and Randall Robinson, making noise and disturbing the white racist conscience in America untill they convinced Clinton to put policies in place and they backed it up with diplomatic pressures to end Apartheid in South Africa. When Andrew Young speaks civil rights activist in America listen and act.

Chinua Achebe spent many years in America and lobbied for Biafra but with the wrong people. Don't get me wrong, they were highly placed politicians and successful wealthy Americans but their influence is only meaningful in America, they had zero influence to cause ripples in global politics. Why didn't Achebe get Jimmy Carter and Andrew Young support? They were close to Obasanjo and he did not want to be friends with people who were friends with Obasanjo, the man who Biafra surrendered to. Crazy!

How about Clinton Global Initiative, can they be a great resource for Biafra? You bet! Clinton was involved in the dissolution of Cheslovakia. After the referendum in Eritrea was passed to exist as a separate country Ethiopia attacked them and fought a war. Clinton was instrumental in the mediation and declarations leading to recognition and independence for Eritrea.

In the recent election Biafrans declared support for Trump and went online and taunted Hillary Clinton and cheered her loss.

Trump has zero influence, even as an American President to free Biafra. How is he going to do it? So you see, the people with track record of successfully breaking up countries whether in conflict or in peace are still alive and always ready to add more feathers to their resume of accomplishments. Biafra is a very good candidate for their sponsorship...however, you freaks continue to demolish your gains and self negate your opportunities.

Buhari cannot stop you if Carter Center, Andrew Young and Clinton get behind you. They will always defer to Obasanjo because of his hands-on experience with Biafra. Nonetheless, your leaders need to swallow pride and get what they need.

Point in case, take example from what Tinubu just did in the aftermath of Ondo election. He sent a congratulatory message and swallowed pride and called for all those agrieved since the primary to rally together for the interest of the party. In response, Buhari wrote a very nice and inspiring letter thanking and acknowledging Tinubu as an asset. No more, no less!

You lose some, you gain some....stop loosing it all Biafrans! What Tinubu did was not cowardice but wisdom. In return he received accolade.

Go and get yours....stop weighing yourself down with self consciousness for brevity. There is only wisdom!

Good luck to you all.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by Blue3k(m): 5:56am On Nov 30, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:
On this topic I have few words of encouragenent to give Biafrans.

You have a very genuine case for demanding to be out of Nigeria, unfortunately you lack capability for self-preservation. This single defect is your downfall and when it is in unfavorable mixture with adverse multipliers you are still blind to the impending danger and thus end up demolishing gains that you accrued through vast struggles.

This is simple. The Saharawis have been in this struggle as long, if not longer than Biafra. The Palestinians have been at it since 1943. Meanwhile South Sudan and Eritrea came from behind and with as much losses as Biafra have succeeded in getting recognition as a country. Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic is recognized by most except Morrocco. Nonetheless they hold their own elections and have a democratic government and live outside the political influence of Morrocco. Everyone of these people struggled and eventually overcame their barriers, but they played their game smart.

Go and get yours....stop weighing yourself down with self consciousness for brevity. There is only wisdom!

Good luck to you all.

They don't want it bad enough. Even if they had referendum they wouldn't leave. They don't needs to fire one shot to leave. They need to take real steps to become more independent of Nigerias sphere of influence. I personally for right of self determination.

I would rather get reforms but I can't force anyone to agree.
Re: Buhari: We Will Support Creation Of Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic by osusuallstars: 6:19am On Nov 30, 2016
Both countries must surely be on their own one day. It's just a matter of time. What are the guarantee that that even buhari will see tomorrow. Only God has the answer. Buhari or no buhari, Biafra must come.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GSS Kaduna Kidnap: Military In Firefight With Gang Who Kidnapped Students / Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read / How Moghalu, Sowore And Durotoye Performed At 2019 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.