Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,961 members, 7,952,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:14 AM

And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools (4153 Views)

Serious Fight In Rigasa & Bakin Ruwa Kaduna(pics) / You’re Now Wiser After Leaving Office, Obasanjo Tells Jonathan / We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
nwaanambra1:

this your comment have proved beyond all reasonably doubt that afonjas cannot and will never be delivered from being slaves to the north!

and the north knows it!

the awolowo cum abiola treatment loading. . . tinubu will soon be locked up in kuje - real soon!

you can bet on it. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

In which Kuje prison, the one dilector is locked up in?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:16pm On Nov 29, 2016
galeiiTNA:

You and opcnairaland working together just shows 2 bad heads are worse than 1.
Shonekan that ruled for some 90 days, how many rules did he change.
Se ba puo. Retards

I believe I already explained to you. Shonekan came from Corporate background. Abiola was a political juggernaut.

Why am I even debating with you? I need to discuss this topic with an Hausa, not Ibo.

Im out. grin

1 Like

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by mightyhazell: 10:18pm On Nov 29, 2016
galeiiTNA:

You and opcnairaland working together just shows 2 bad heads are worse than 1.
Shonekan that ruled for some 90 days, how many rules did he change.
Se ba puo. Retards
2 cone heads will always be worse dan one normal one. Afonjas can only think like helpless children

9 Likes

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
Is it d same hausas that see your folks as tissue papers?
OPCNAIRALAND:

I believe I already explained to you. Shonekan came from Corporate background. Abiola was a political juggernaut.

Why am I even debating with you? I need to discuss this topic with an Hausa, not Ibo.

Im out. grin

2 Likes

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by galeiiTNA: 10:22pm On Nov 29, 2016
mightyhazell:
2 cone heads will always be worse dan one normal one. They can only think like helpless children

Lmfao

1 Like

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by galeiiTNA: 10:25pm On Nov 29, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

Im out. grin

Lmfao.
Now he is a dead political juggernaut

4 Likes

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by hannyjay(f): 10:31pm On Nov 29, 2016
galeiiTNA:

The other time it was Diya begging Abacha for his life. Now its Abiola begging to be president for a day. Afonjas are slaves
And d other time one COWARD ran away while three millions of his kinsmen were slaughter like GOATS

3 Likes

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by galeiiTNA: 10:35pm On Nov 29, 2016
hannyjay:
And d other time one COWARD ran away while three millions of his kinsmen were slaughter like GOATS

Children were killed. The kids neither took part in the war nor the coup. There is no pride in killing children

2 Likes

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by mightyhazell: 11:07pm On Nov 29, 2016
[quote author=galeiiTNA post=51495320]

G
Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by galeiiTNA: 11:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
mightyhazell:
lol! Friendly fire?

Read my posts again,...carefully and edit accordingly! angry

Sorry Nwanne, or Adrenaline. Will edit asap
Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by MONITZ: 11:51pm On Nov 29, 2016
dondo83:

if you had brain as little as mustard seed, you will understand just being a president for 1hour can change the whole system. if abiola was confirmed, in 1hour he can sack all the service chiefs, keep his enemies under house arrest, appoint his loyalist immediately and turn 1day rule to 10years. Now do u get it?

10 years rule for which country?? the lions that we ve in this country know better, no man can try that in Nigeria because u will end up dead, this country ain't Zimbabwe et AL.

Abacha dared and he lost his life in the process,wen I. B. B saw wat would befall him if he didn't hand over power, he quickly made a tactical manoeuvre by handing over to Shonekan, O. B. J knows better now after having his third term agenda scuttled by some of these lions and out of annoyance and bitterness he foisted on us a sick presido thinking this would enable him control ASO ROCK from his Ota farms and still didn't succeed and out of vexation he supposedly labelled Yaradua an ingrate.

But on assuming the position, Yaradua showed him that he was a man capable of taking his own decisions and not a dummy, he revisited some of the decisions taken by O. B. J. and annuled some, a good example was IBETO cement that was deliberately stiffled by the government in order to create a monopolistic opportunity and environment for Alhaji Dangote....

.The worst any almost out of tenure president can do in Nigeria is foisting his preferred candidate on the country just like O. B. J .did, any other thing apart from this would be suicidal and it's like a golden rule which has to be obeyed..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by Funlordjnr: 12:46am On Nov 30, 2016
cool

Abiola actually _fucked up! He got intoxicated with the lust for power.......this was a guy that the military had set up....he was rich, influential and connected..chilling...even when he saw them ending their own comrades all for the same power, how on earth did he think they would ever spare him then?

Sometimes it's good to just remain as the power behind the throne...fashi the limelight...its safer!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by KingyKing: 1:38am On Nov 30, 2016
let me teach you how to make 50k from ultimate cyclerr in 2 days

Legit!
Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by mightyhazell: 6:20am On Nov 30, 2016
galeiiTNA:

Sorry Nwanne, or Adrenaline. Will edit asap
lol! Onweghi di.

4 Likes

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by EzeNri(m): 7:09am On Nov 30, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

Ive always said the only people in Niheria we Yorubas ought to engage online when it comes to political discourse is Hausa, not Ibo. Ibos are far below us in political understanding but we and Hausas play a subtle political game of hide and seek thats really engaging and inspiring.

From the quote above it is clearly understood why the Hausa top-heavy military refused to accept Abiola as Commander in Chief because they understood that he is also the Yoruba tracitional Commander in Chief, Aare Ona Kankanfo. In his capacity as CiC of the NA a default exists where they are subjugated to the Yoruba titular Commander.

In his prayer to Babangida to be allowed even a 1day sitting as CiC...Yoruba will rope them in and change the dynamics of the political structure and leave them confounded.

It takes a thief to catch a thief! Lol.
Jeez!!! Did someone really opened his mouth to spew this?

Beggy beggy

1 Like

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by koladebrainiac(m): 8:56am On Nov 30, 2016
kettle84:
did yoruba through their son OBASANJO not mess up this country in his eight years of corrupt reign after he was rescued from prison and given the mandate by Nigerians to reshape this country?

some people go just they talk anyhow.
and Jonathan too now destroyed the economy. with huge level of corruption that have not been heard before. so what's the bone of contention here??
Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 30, 2016
Abi ola got served in his own coin.
THIS IS PURE KARMA.
Now ask a biola this,
What happened to Samuel doe's money that ibb put in his care?
He even yanshed IBB's wife abroad
You can't fight God yet abiola ordered a shipload of bible to be turned Into the sea.
He reaped what he sowed, he knows why ibb annulled that election.
If you know how close both of them were, you will understand ibb can't do that to abiola without a cogent reason

1 Like

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by truthonmission: 11:32am On Nov 30, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

Im out. grin
oh yes, they 're ur slave masters
Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by mayorchelsea(m): 3:58pm On Nov 30, 2016
All these because we helped kick out the Ineffectual Buffalo?Just when you swear not to generalise about all Igbos,some people will want to force you to do by their sheer stupidity and ignorance.They wont chastise him now,it's when you start that hypocrites would tell you not to generalise.

1 Like

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by MeAboki(m): 5:38pm On Nov 30, 2016
Nutase:
Northern superiority. If Bashir Tofa had won the military would have accepted him. SMH for this nation and the westerners who have still not learnt a thing from history.

TOTAL MYOPIA: I guess you didn't read this bit from the excerpts even though it is clearly out there, written in black and while - your bigotry wouldn't allow it.

“He (Babangida) told the meeting that the military would not accept MKO Abiola and Alhaji Tofa as their commander-in-chief of the armed forces and that we should go and prepare for a fresh presidential election with new candidates,” he said.

1 Like

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 30, 2016
illuminated93:
Tony Anenih, former chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) board of trustees, has revealed how the Late MKO Abiola appealed to Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, former military president, to allow him claim his mandate as president even if it was just for a single day.

Babangida annulled the June 12 1993 presidential election in which Abiola contested on the platform of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), against his rival Bashir Tofaof the National Republican Convention (NRC).

In his book, ‘My Life and Nigerian Politics’, Anenih, who was the national chairman of the SDP at that time, said Abiola told him repeatedly that Babangida was trying to embarrass him.

“On the issue of June 12, Chief MKO Abiola had called me on the phone to come for an urgent meeting in Ikeja. I flew to Ikeja and met Alhaji Baba Gana Kingibe, Dr Dele Cole, and Kola, MKO’s son,” he wrote.

“At the meeting, Chief MKO told us that his friend, Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, planned to embarrass him. He kept repeating this without stating the type of embarrassment.

“Later, he insisted that we must leave his house for Kola Abiola’s house. He was terribly frightened and depressed. We all moved to Kola’s house in Maryland. Right from this time, Chief Abiola was trying to get President Babangida on the phone, but each time he tried Akilu received the call.

“We could hear Chief Abiola telling Akilu to tell his friend (IBB) that they were still friends, and that he should allow him to be president even for one day, and he would resign thereafter; that all the photographs they took together were still all over his house, and that he should not forget the past, and that God would bless him.

“MKO would repeat Akilu’s words: ‘You mean I should call back in 30 minutes? Okay, I will call back in 30 minutes’. This went on till 7pm when the national anthem was sung on the television and MKO hysterically was saying, ‘Do you see my friend? You see him? You see my friend? He wants to embarrass me. Pointing to the television and there was IBB with a piece of paper in his hand. It was the annulment speech of June 23, 1993, by which President Babangida annulled the election and repealed Decree NO 13 of 1993 and 52 of 1992 on which basis the election had been conducted.”

Anenih said that at a meeting, Babangida he made it clear that the military would not accept Abiola as its commander-in-chief.

“He (Babangida) told the meeting that the military would not accept MKO Abiola and Alhaji Tofa as their commander-in-chief of the armed forces and that we should go and prepare for a fresh presidential election with new candidates,” he said.

“He directed that the SDP and NRC should arrange fresh conventions to pick new candidates. He gave the two political parties six weeks to conduct fresh primaries, confirm the nomination of their candidates and hold fresh elections – an action President Babangida knew would not be possible.”

Follow us on twitter @thecableng

Copyright 2016 TheCable. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted sub

Till now, they still can't stomach a civilian bring commander-of-the arm forces. Funny enough we are still helping them with our votes.

1 Like

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by CeterisXVII: 6:30pm On Nov 30, 2016
galeiiTNA:
The other time it was Diya begging Abacha for his life. Now its Abiola begging to be president for a day. Afonjas are slaves
Really? And why do you think people from your ethnic group are called Osu?? Give us 3 good reasons...

galeiiTNA:
Children were killed. The kids neither took part in the war nor the coup. There is no pride in killing children
May the souls of those children rest in peace. Now what do we call the Commander-In-Chief of your land of the rising sun, who ran away after 3 million of his citizens died during the civil war? Only to come back again to contest elections in a country he tried to dismember, some years back before his flight?
Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by Nutase: 6:42pm On Nov 30, 2016
MeAboki:

TOTAL MYOPIA: I guess you didn't read this bit from the excerpts even though it is clearly out there, written in black and while - your bigotry wouldn't allow it.

Aboki, I no say u no get sense. If say na Tofa win Dem for annul d election? That statement was just political which u know. Why didnt they make that statement before the election? After Abiola won adding Tofa to that statement wasnt useful.

1 Like

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by MeAboki(m): 11:34pm On Nov 30, 2016
Nutase:
Aboki, I no say u no get sense. If say na Tofa win Dem for annul d election? That statement was just political which u know. Why didnt they make that statement before the election? After Abiola won adding Tofa to that statement wasnt useful.

E be like say mumuness na your portion; you go school but no sabi read, abi you and Patience comot from de same classroom?

Pesin wit insider knowledge dey give historical account of what really happened behind closed door concerning de June 12 annulment, e talk say Babangida was not ready to handover to any of the two, whether Abiola or Tofa because the Military will not accept either of them as C in C; you kuku come dey bring your shop girl mentality for de matter - as if you dey there when everything dey happen.

Govt should really start doing something about banning low IQ ppl from access to the internet.

2 Likes

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by hakanai(m): 1:11am On Dec 01, 2016
Nutase:
Northern superiority. If Bashir Tofa had won the military would have accepted him. SMH for this nation and the westerners who have still not learnt a thing from history.

Leave North out of it. Between them they know the truth. Because the same north voted for MKO. Even Kano that is the home town of Tofa was won by MKO.
The military leadership then and MKO definitely had something Anineh is not telling us about.
MKO ran his elections with good rating and support from northern politicians Like Yaradua and the northern grassroot. Simply because IBB decide not to honor his part of handing over,One can not simply equate it to being a northern thing. If truly it was so why waste time and vote against Toga only to annul the elections.
I don't know what, I know IBB and Abuola have an issue that is yet to be explained. Even Abiola in his statement said his friend IBB is out to embarrass him. He did not mention that the north is trying to deny him his votes.
If you put that together its obvious something went wrong between them and had nothing to do with North. Such things happen every time. An example is between Atiku and Obj etc.
Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by Themonster: 1:23am On Dec 01, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:
Smh.

Pa. Aninih, we need more revelation. Northern superiority, and some people want to live in same country with these people!

If it were to be Tofa that won am pretty sure he would have been declared winner.
Rip M.K.O. Thunder fire ibb.
lol what an elder (igbos) see while sitting down even if children (nairaland yoruba kids) climb up dey no go see am

good morning bro

1 Like

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by Themonster: 1:37am On Dec 01, 2016
[s]
mayorchelsea:
All these because we helped kick out the Ineffectual Buffalo?Just when you swear not to generalise about all Igbos,some people will want to force you to do by their sheer stupidity and ignorance.They wont chastise him now,it's when you start that hypocrites would tell you not to generalise.
[/s]
shatap

1 Like

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by mightyhazell: 9:50am On Dec 05, 2016
Nutase:
exactly!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ipob Press Release: Buhari And His Agents Disgraced Again / BBC, CNN And Aljazera To Cover February 6th Protest / See Why Un Can Never Grant Independent Referendum To Biafran...fact But Bitter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.