Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. (10848 Views)

Please Profer A Good Book On Psychology Or About The Human Mind.thanks / Please Recommend A Complete Story / Toke Makinwa's On Becoming E-book For Free For Five Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by jeeqaa7(m): 6:53am On Dec 01, 2016
look no further

Grab yourself a Bible ...

Best Book Ever
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by BotanistPetfem(m): 6:56am On Dec 01, 2016
Tough Times never last by Robert Schuller
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Mylana87(m): 6:57am On Dec 01, 2016
just get "don't be sad"
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Ibukun003(m): 6:58am On Dec 01, 2016
Hello...
Actually you took a risk... and it went haywire...
However it is better to take positive risk when young than taking risk when old...

I might not be able to recommended books but I can recommend The Book...I would give you some scriptural verses...write them on a sheet of paper...tape them to the wall of your room...just ensure you read them regularly...

Jeremiah 29:11
Jeremiah 31:4, 9, 12 -14, 25

Isaiah 35:ten
Isaiah forty : 1-2
Isaiah 46:4
Isaiah 47:17

Obadiah 17
John 8:21
Amos 9:13

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Daboomb: 6:59am On Dec 01, 2016
haywire07:
Bible

Especially the Book of Psalms....

and the Book of Proverbs, to teach you some life lessons.
undecided

1 Like

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Ahmadgani(m): 7:04am On Dec 01, 2016
mafia manager, art of war and making of a man
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Ahmadgani(m): 7:05am On Dec 01, 2016
Mylana87:
just get "don't be sad"
correct, that book is captivating
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by brainpowerng(m): 7:08am On Dec 01, 2016
Let me tell you the truth. No book can cure or alleviate depression because the depressed would not have motivation to read in the first place.

However, the best bet is to visit a psychologist or psychiatry department in any hospital.

But, Holy Book (Bible or Quran) has been sources of tremendous help. It may be the only book that would be the very present help in time of need.

Untreated depression has caused untold hardship to the patient and we'll wishers. Suicide may result from it as well.

Depression should not be take lightly. My one cent!
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Daboomb: 7:14am On Dec 01, 2016
Here is something for you to meditate on:

```Ur Time Will Come!

Kenya is 2 hrs ahead of Nigeria, but it does not mean that Nigeria is slow, or that Kenya is fast. Both countries are working based on their own "Time Zone."

Someone is still single. Someone got married and 'waited' 10 yrs before having a child, there is another who had a baby within a year of marriage.

Someone graduated at the age of 22, yet waited 5 years before securing a good job; and there is another who graduated at 27 and secured employment immediately !

Someone became CEO at 25 and died at 50 while another became a CEO at 50 and lived to 90 years.

Everyone works based on their 'Time Zone',
People can have things worked out only according to their pace.

Work in your “time zone”.

Your Colleagues, friends, younger ones might "seem" to go ahead of you.
May be some might "seem" behind you.

Don't envy them or mock them, it's their 'Time Zone.'
You are in yours!

Hold on, be strong, and stay true to yourself. All things shall work together for your good.
You’re not late …

Recall that Steve Jobs (Late Apple CEO) was hired and fired by Apple Corp. He later became the owner and employer of those who fired him at first!

The Fall of a man is not the end of his Life!
It is adversity like this, that proves the "man" in you.

If still in doubt that "Life can change", consider the following:

In 1985, Dasuki arrested Buhari.
In 2016, Buhari arrested Dasuki.
If you were Dasuki and l told you that would happen, wont you just laugh?

In 1995, Al Mustapha arrested Obasanjo on the order of General Abacha.
In 1999, Obasanjo arrested Al Mustapha and he was jailed for 8 years.
You see Life?

In 2005, Diego Simeone was just an ordinary squad player under Fernando Torres as Club Captain.
In 2016, Diego Simeone is now Fernando Torres coach. Torres now takes orders from Simeone.
You see, as long as their is life, their is Hope!

In the 90's under Jerry Rawlings regime, Dr. Spio Gabriel was the Minister of Communications and John Mahama was his "deputy".
Today John Mahama is the President and has employed his former boss ....as Minister.
So you see, this disappointment is not the end of your Life.

You will rise again!
Smile and learn the lessons.

And remember,
You are not early ... you’re very much On time!

*RESPECT YOUR OWN TIME ZONE*`

I hope you are inspired?

Daboomb!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Onyia25: 7:14am On Dec 01, 2016
Power by Rhonda Byrne
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by wiseguy(m): 7:16am On Dec 01, 2016
Take The Stairs by Rory Vaden

The Book of Proverbs in the Bible.

After reading the first book. You will understand why the business . On hold and you will look for me to Thank me. Look for that book.
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by wiseguy(m): 7:17am On Dec 01, 2016
Take The Stairs by Rory Vaden

The Book of Proverbs in the Bible.

After reading the first book. You will understand why the business is on hold and you will look for me to Thank me. Look for that book.
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by otunbaa(m): 7:18am On Dec 01, 2016
Don't say the year is a waste. you are still better than millions that never tried anything and am sure you learnt something from not succeeding..Read any of the holy books depending on your religion..see you at the top bro..
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by akstar01: 7:18am On Dec 01, 2016
how to stop worrying and start living by Dale Carnegie... the best book written by man that I've ever read. pls let me know what you feel about the book when you are through reading it.

1 Like

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Mentcee(m): 7:20am On Dec 01, 2016
Beyond Pardon by Bertha m. Clay.

You'll never regret it.
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Mentcee(m): 7:27am On Dec 01, 2016
Daboomb:

Here is something for you to meditate on:

```Ur Time Will Come!

Kenya is 2 hrs ahead of Nigeria, but it does not mean that Nigeria is slow, or that Kenya is fast. Both countries are working based on their own "Time Zone."

Someone is still single. Someone got married and 'waited' 10 yrs before having a child, there is another who had a baby within a year of marriage.

Someone graduated at the age of 22, yet waited 5 years before securing a good job; and there is another who graduated at 27 and secured employment immediately !

Someone became CEO at 25 and died at 50 while another became a CEO at 50 and lived to 90 years.

Everyone works based on their 'Time Zone',
People can have things worked out only according to their pace.

Work in your “time zone”.

Your Colleagues, friends, younger ones might "seem" to go ahead of you.
May be some might "seem" behind you.

Don't envy them or mock them, it's their 'Time Zone.'
You are in yours!

Hold on, be strong, and stay true to yourself. All things shall work together for your good.
You’re not late …

Recall that Steve Jobs (Late Apple CEO) was hired and fired by Apple Corp. He later became the owner and employer of those who fired him at first!

The Fall of a man is not the end of his Life!
It is adversity like this, that proves the "man" in you.

If still in doubt that "Life can change", consider the following:

In 1985, Dasuki arrested Buhari.
In 2016, Buhari arrested Dasuki.
If you were Dasuki and l told you that would happen, wont you just laugh?

In 1995, Al Mustapha arrested Obasanjo on the order of General Abacha.
In 1999, Obasanjo arrested Al Mustapha and he was jailed for 8 years.
You see Life?

In 2005, Diego Simeone was just an ordinary squad player under Fernando Torres as Club Captain.
In 2016, Diego Simeone is now Fernando Torres coach. Torres now takes orders from Simeone.
You see, as long as their is life, their is Hope!

In the 90's under Jerry Rawlings regime, Dr. Spio Gabriel was the Minister of Communications and John Mahama was his "deputy".
Today John Mahama is the President and has employed his former boss ....as Minister.
So you see, this disappointment is not the end of your Life.

You will rise again!
Smile and learn the lessons.

And remember,
You are not early ... you’re very much On time!

*RESPECT YOUR OWN TIME ZONE*`

I hope you are inspired?

Daboomb!

Good

1 Like

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 01, 2016
Get well soon
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by veronicababy: 7:31am On Dec 01, 2016
The HOLY BIBLE

Check my signature
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by odedanijwo(m): 7:44am On Dec 01, 2016
Easy that's the first thing i have to say... An anxious life can not make money. No be rush oga. I don deh your shoe before... Books.... Rising strong by brene brown. And feel the fear do it anyway by....john c maxwell. Subscribe to this self help blog... It is helpful too. Youwilllaugh.com. ]
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by charlie02: 7:48am On Dec 01, 2016
Joyce Meyer, Joseph Prince.. .. .. Go to book vendors
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 01, 2016
Come for shiloh 2016 starting 6 - 10 Dec 2016 theme MY CASE IS DIFFERENT In cannaland ota lagos. It's d platform to recieve grace to face any depressioning situation dat will come your way cos as a Christian, challenges come but u are permitted to be defeated.
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Emasky4real(m): 7:52am On Dec 01, 2016
Jorian1:
Good day good people in the literature section. Please I need help, am a lover of books and I find my motivations from good books. Please am so depressed right now because the business venture I invested my cash is on a hold and now the supplementary list is out and my name too is not there. So I feel so depressed because I believed that the business will be successful and I will also gain admission but am left with nothing now. I just feel this year is a total waste but I believe I can Still keep going but I need a good motivation right now. My archive can't help me now. Please I need a good recommendation for my spirit to be back. I good book can help keep me going, I don't want to start drinking beer or having any bad thought so as to wave myself off this depression. I Still want to push further and be in the right part.

I may not need this in front page but all I need is your help, please am counting on you guys. Thanks.

Send Winning Paradigm for tough times to 08063027629 on whatsapp. I will forward you a book that will inspire you to keep moving. Book format is PDF
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by EyitayoBoSs(m): 8:01am On Dec 01, 2016
Psycho-Cybernetics, Maxwell Maltz
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by bignero: 8:02am On Dec 01, 2016
Jorian1:
Good day good people in the literature section. Please I need help, am a lover of books and I find my motivations from good books. Please am so depressed right now because the business venture I invested my cash is on a hold and now the supplementary list is out and my name too is not there. So I feel so depressed because I believed that the business will be successful and I will also gain admission but am left with nothing now. I just feel this year is a total waste but I believe I can Still keep going but I need a good motivation right now. My archive can't help me now. Please I need a good recommendation for my spirit to be back. I good book can help keep me going, I don't want to start drinking beer or having any bad thought so as to wave myself off this depression. I Still want to push further and be in the right part.

I may not need this in front page but all I need is your help, please am counting on you guys. Thanks.

sorry oo

google these books they can all be downloaded free of charge online

''As A Man Thinketh '' By David Allen

''Power Of The Subconscious Mind''Joseph Murphy

of course the Bible .

youll, thank me later

God bless
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Bc1810: 8:04am On Dec 01, 2016
[The Assignment by Mike Murdock,] [What happened to good people when bad things happen, Dont throw away your tomorrow ,Though time never last but though people do. By Robert H. Schuller] . [Reposition yourself By T.D Jakes] . [Battlefield of Mind By Joyce Meyer] .

Thank me later. Peace.
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by dermmy(m): 8:07am On Dec 01, 2016
paschal47:
just read the Bible
exactly
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by pressplay411(m): 8:08am On Dec 01, 2016
haywire07:
Bible

The bible can even depress him the more and make him lose whatever faith he has left. Cos why should God sit back watching as his "child" suffers.

2 Likes

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by strategic: 8:08am On Dec 01, 2016
I recommend you read "Don't be sad"

You can download the pdf below

http://www.taleemulislam-radio.com/userfiles/file/books/en_Do_not_be_Sad.pdf

A book for both Muslims and non Muslims.

I wish you quick exit out of your current challenge before the next one comes your way. They come in cycles like day and night and that's how life is.

1 Like

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by josite: 8:11am On Dec 01, 2016
search for tough times dont last but tough people do by norman vincent peale

1 Like

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by rollex4ever: 8:14am On Dec 01, 2016
"Attitude is everything"... Keith Harrel

1 Like

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by chichi33(f): 8:16am On Dec 01, 2016
He should go and read the bible especially the book of Proverbs.

1 Like

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by God2man(m): 8:16am On Dec 01, 2016
When you are knocked down. By Dr. D.K Olukoya. General overseer MFM Worldwide.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! / Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. / Naruto Chapter 593 (pidgin English)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.