Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! (45552 Views)

My Husband Is Too Jealous / My Husband Does Not Get Tired: He ”bothers” Me Everyday. / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by thesicilian: 11:04am On Dec 01, 2016
Viking007:
We've got a lot of 'marriage counselors' here. cool
Don't mind them. And over 95% of are probably not married. I blame the one who brought her marital issues online for sixteen year olds to feast on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by asunnu(f): 11:05am On Dec 01, 2016
Princedaniel:
Whether you are working, making millions and a loving wife at the same time; your husband is a compulsive gambler. And most compulsive gamblers, if not all are professional liars, pretenders and very greedy.

This behavior has nothing to do with him being rich or poor. Matter of fact, it becomes very manifest when one is rich.

Only prayers, counselling, new environment and new no nonsense friends can save him. If not, it will be a matter of time before he stakes you and the children or use you for rituals.

Absolutely correct.. Most of his colleagues at work are into the MMM and other scheme. Dunno where he got the lotto stuff from though.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by butanep(m): 11:06am On Dec 01, 2016
HenryDion:

You seems to allow your feelings take the wheel which is so lame. Am not against engaging into other forms of biz to remain financially buoyant.. But doing that without carrying your wife along shows of a man who lacks destination and vision. It's not always about the money young man, it's about making the right choices without your commitments paying the negative price.

As a young man, it's not everything you involved your wife. That is the bitter truth. Most will discourage you. Women aren't too good when taking some risky business. It is better you run alone sometimes.

What is the wrong choice the man has made now? Please are you still staying with your parents or you are fully a grown man? If you are fully independent, you will understand better not to talk of a man with family.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by uboma(m): 11:08am On Dec 01, 2016
asunnu:

Please what's the different between bet9ja and lotto? The app I saw is WINLOT and I saw series of numbers scrambled on papers.

Obviously, your man is a chronic gambler.

My only fear for him is not to loose it all.

Your man may be into a lot of debt, hence looking for a quick means to make extra cash.
Chronic gamblers are always into debt.
Greed is what pushes them into gambling and in the long run, they fall into a lot of debt.
Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by queenfav(f): 11:09am On Dec 01, 2016
Catalin:
I like these type of husbands that chase money with all their strength cheesy
Leave her...When she sees a man with no drive to hustle,dem no go tell her twice say her husband dey try.You better thank God your husband is trying to make money,except you want a man you have to remind to work hard.. If those schemes are working for him,pls allow him...Afterall,he didn't ask you for money to do them and he is taking care of his family,wetin again?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by asunnu(f): 11:10am On Dec 01, 2016
alexistaiwo:

Sister. I am a lotto agent and I will never advise my worst enemy to get involved in that game. Lotto has a way of degrading one's standard of living if desperation to hit quick and easy money is involved. It should be a past time not a means to hammer. Please find a way to make him stop.

Have talked to him amidst tears and he promised to stop. He has been apologizing also, I pray he stops
Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by dingbang(m): 11:10am On Dec 01, 2016
Please yall should spare the husband some slack. If he were jobless, she would be the first person to wail..

Anythn can happen, he may lose his job if company decides to downsize. So what are we not saying.. abegi... you are the one Dat needs counselling.

U have to also join him in dis mmm ultimate cycler shii.. pls give me ur details let me register you jor so u can begin to preach d good news.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by Viking007(m): 11:10am On Dec 01, 2016
thesicilian:

Don't mind them. And over 95% of are probably not married. I blame the one who brought her marital issues online for sixteen year olds to feast on.
The way they comment with authority as if they're part of the family is what's making me laugh. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by esere826: 11:11am On Dec 01, 2016
asunnu:
Dear Nairalanders, please advise a sister.
My marriage to my husband is just 13months and it's like I don't know him despite we courting for 6years before settling down.

My husband is so desperate (so to say) for money, he is into a lot of things I.e Lotto, MMM, get help, e.t.c that I'm not cool with. He has a well paid job, though I'm a stay home wife. Already told him he should let me know if the burden is too much on him so that I can get a job since he was the one that actually told me to stop work at the initial stage.

Please what's your take on it?
He is ambitious for money.
Simply get him some calculated risk management books and book him into risk management seminars.

On your part, ensure you extract as much money from him as possible, then save or invest it in risk free ventures. If by happenstance things terribly bad happen to his fortunes, you'll then be able to step in

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 01, 2016
Oga madam, but is your husband "into" NAIRALAND? You know, he can also make cool money here.

Just...
Pray for him.
Discuss with him.
Activate your hutsle.
Avoid third party "poke nosers" [Nairaland included].
Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by 1kinggy(m): 11:22am On Dec 01, 2016
My sister, so far you're not handicapped, go get a job or small business.

With his money in too many things, the risk of losing his hard earned money is high.
Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by daremum(m): 11:22am On Dec 01, 2016
dingbang:
Please yall should spare the husband some slack. If he were jobless, she would be the first person to wail..

Anythn can happen, he may lose his job if company decides to downsize. So what are we not saying.. abegi... you are the one Dat needs counselling.

U have to also join him in dis mmm ultimate cycler shii.. pls give me ur details let me register you jor so u can begin to preach d good news.

your advise sounds like your name. Ding Bang.
Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by bellville: 11:23am On Dec 01, 2016
deedondavi:
Biko!! this MMM a Good Samaritan should explain in details how to go about it..... seems it's changing life's .
MMM is a peer-to-peer donation platform. You offer to help someone like you with your spare money (emphasis on "spare'). In 30 days, you entitled to get help of similar sum you donated together with 30% bonus. The MMM community thrives on membership. There is no central account where funds are amassed. You pay to fellow Nigerians like you. When you refer others, you get 10% but referral is not compulsory. If you have further questions, you can send mail to bookstomydoor@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 01, 2016
butanep:

As a young man, it's not everything you involved your wife. That is the bitter truth. Most will discourage you. Women aren't too good when taking some risky business. It is better you run alone sometimes.

What is the wrong choice the man has made now? Please are you still staying with your parents or you are fully a grown man? If you are fully independent, you will understand better not to talk of a man with family.

Am independent but single.. From the quoted, It's not all women that discourages their husband from tapping into opportunities and please, don't generalize it. Op feels concerned, she wants to be part of whatever deal the hubby is making cause they are in the race together. His engagements aren't a secret, but the wife not having a little glimpse of what's going on within will no doubt feel isolated and at some points, come to a false assumption. Like i said earlier, communication makes all the intentions and desires known.. If they were not having any issue via communication, this thread won't exist. Whatever you're doing, carry your wife along unless she doesn't care.
Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by dingbang(m): 11:31am On Dec 01, 2016
daremum:

your advise sounds like your name. Ding Bang.
lol dingbang is a Chinese name. Not even close to what u think
Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by mployer(m): 11:32am On Dec 01, 2016
Catalin:
I like these type of husbands that chase money with all their strength cheesy
Lol
You will be very potent for money rituals. I like your type kiss

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by no1madman(m): 11:37am On Dec 01, 2016
Catalin:
I like these type of husbands that chase money with all their strengt cheesy
And u still expect him to demolish ur toto with all his strength. .
Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by NoToPile: 11:38am On Dec 01, 2016
So nairalanders are equating gambling with hustling?

They are 2 different things entirely, you see that lotto he is playing is somethinh that can ruin him if left unchecked , one can have multiple streams of income but gambling is not it at all. One day you stake all and then you lose it.

The OP has a reason to be concerned.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by berrystunn(m): 11:38am On Dec 01, 2016
Nawa 4 some people... Self
You even have husband that is into too many things... His chance of making money is high
A man that is updated, taking advantage of what's going on in the system today, you are there asking for advice

OK I will advise you to support and join him on MMM
I will also advice you to stop him from lotto.
I will advise you to look for something doing (job)

You get luck... See your month like too many things.

I know of someone (husband) that sleeps all day at home wake up visit friends just to eat, because she work all day.
Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by veronicababy: 11:42am On Dec 01, 2016
get help worldwide rocks cheesy cheesy

check my signature
Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by shinebabe(f): 11:43am On Dec 01, 2016
asunnu:
My marriage to my husband is just 13months and it's like I don't know him despite we courting for 6years before settling down.

My husband is so desperate (so to say) for money, he is into a lot of things I.e Lotto, MMM, get help, e.t.c that I'm not cool with. He has a well paid job, though I'm a stay home wife. Already told him he should let me know if the burden is too much on him so that I can get a job since he was the one that actually told me to stop work at the initial stage.

Have your own source of money. These days staying at home is not an excuse. Though I personally am.not into the ones your husband is doing but I'm into one that is less/no risk and it is passive income that can be earned while at home. When you have your own money, then you can talk to him about alternatives. Cos saying you'll get a job is also an uncertainty in this period.

Mail* if you need more info on this.
Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by berrystunn(m): 11:46am On Dec 01, 2016
deedondavi:
Biko!! this MMM a Good Samaritan should explain in details how to go about it..... seems it's changing life's .

If you are not into MMM till date you are a mugu, they have another one yr to go down
Email me for explanation
gp4utof@yahoo.com
Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by timota(m): 11:50am On Dec 01, 2016
asunnu:

I sure do have a qualification and i have discussed the issue of job with him, I learnt Catering also but my strength does not permit since I'm pregnant. My fear is for him not to get into anything crazy since he is so desperate.

I caught him first with Lotto which he apologized about and deleted the app from his phone, it was later I now saw the other ones he's into and he has downloaded the lotto app again on his other phone.
My sister ur husband is not into a lot of things that is bad he wants to make more money for the family to enjoy .i thought he is into rituals or robbery even the nairaland people u seek advice from 90 percent of them are into these things including me though I don't gamble but I do the mmm banking
Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by leTrizzle: 11:52am On Dec 01, 2016
asunnu:

"Hustling" is ok as long as it is legal hustle. One question, can his take home pay cater for all your needs? Anyone depending solely on salary in this present day economy is on a long thing. Don't discourage him come up instead with other businesses/ventures he could investment in, be supportive and prayerful. My one kobo.
Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by delishpot: 11:52am On Dec 01, 2016
CHRISTIANO7779:
He is a man indeed , talking 4rm experience cos not easy to b a man. Talk to him in soft manner he wl change.

Abeg, is it easier to be a woman?
She is able to support him too. There is nothing that he is facing to make him choose the life of gambling. He earns good pay, he could re invest by starting a family business which the wife can run.
I understand the MMM part, at least I can say he is trying to double his money to enable him do something. But other logo games like baba, ijebu and the rest, those ones are too big risks
He is an addict and needs help not support and encouragement to continue
Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by andyanders: 11:53am On Dec 01, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Being desperate for money with a well paid job is not a good thing if you ask me, but I don't think it's bad to have other means of income especially when you don't have to do much work. I think, you should let him know how you feel about it, have a heart to heart talk with him on the matter & see his reactions. If I were you, I will flaunt the idea that I'm scared for his health, stress, worries etc after all, YOLO grin

Secondly, I'd advise you revisit the issue of getting a job with him again. Being a full house wife isn't the best, no matter how rich or the amount of money that comes in monthly. If you have the qualification, pls ask him to permit you get a job no matter how small. If he's worried the job might be time consuming then take up a teaching job at least it's relatively okay. You can have time to take care of your family. And, if you don't have the qualification, look for a business to start up with his permission sha.

Good advise from a very reasonable and responsible lady. I love your input to this situation and I believe your person to be a right woman.Keep it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by ammyluv2002(f): 11:56am On Dec 01, 2016
andyanders:

Good advise from a very reasonable and responsible lady. I love your input to this situation and I believe your person to be a right woman.Keep it up
Thanks! I appreciate your kind words

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by chigoizie7(m): 11:59am On Dec 01, 2016
asunnu:

U think billionaires are made by doing one job?

Let him diversify now that he has chance and capital to.
Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by abbeyty(m): 12:00pm On Dec 01, 2016
i bet if your husband finally hit jackpot from lotto your story will definitely change... you should be praying for him to hit jackpot sooner than later
Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by Longcucumber(m): 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
asunnu:

my take on this is that since you are an house wife,can i come and be keeping you company when ever oga is not around.

Abeg na joke i day o i no mean am,hehehehehehe,but on a serious note,pls and pls engarge in something for your own good.you must not rely on hubby for everything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 / Dehinde Fernandez Mistress, Halima Buries Him In Belgium - Akinsco28 / Wife Caught Her Cheating Husband With Another Lady, Pours Hot Soup On Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.