Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,094 members, 7,845,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail (31483 Views)

South-East Senators Caution Nnamdi Kanu On Bail Conditions / EU Parliamentarians Demand Release Of Nnamdi Kanu, Others- Thisday / Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
If you support tyranny and injustice one day the same measure will be used on you. A good example is the data hike... This Nigeria belongs to all, say no to injustice, say no to tyranny...
Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by PDJT: 3:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
kropotkin11:
Dont compare the UK which has an unwritten constitution to our rigid constitution. A referendum cannot be held in Nigeria under our current laws. For the fact that the current constitution we operate under was bequeathed to us by the military does not make it any less binding on us as a nation. Also this referendum you seek is not just for any ordinary issue, but the dissolution of the state. Thats treasonous

Lol. Your reply is so flawed that I don't know where to start responding; It's like being a mosquito in a nudist colony. grin
Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by goaldynboy: 3:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=Dc4life post=51539603]Except we are just deceiving ourselves TREASONABLE FELONY is not bailable. Section 37 and 41 of criminal code it carries death penalty and life imprisonment depending on complicity. You can only ask for accelerated hearing or the state forgive you.When people are saying court granted bail I begin to wonder of the offence charge is not treasonable felonies. Just baring my mind no hatred for anybody including Kanu.[/quot

He was not initially charged with Treasonable Felony! It was after the court granted him bail that the FG went back to amend their charge to include Treasonable Felony!

Now back to the matter, the idea of using masked witnesses is the most horrible proposition I have ever heard and should never be allowed against any defendant at all! If that is condoned, that means FG can pay anybody (including a Chadian or Camerounian) to come and testify against a defendant without the Defendant knowing! That is the worst injustice one can imagine! And you can only hear of such from only ABOKI lawyers/ prosecutors and judges!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by buffalowings: 3:34pm On Dec 01, 2016
kropotkin2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XU2JtlUF6M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKsYTtkQEqY

Chai

The guy couldn't even give convincing answers to the questions

Even some of those that asked questions in that second video have their doubts especially the last speaker

6 Likes

Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by franklynsunny(m): 3:45pm On Dec 01, 2016
We don't ve Human Right here
Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by engrchykae(m): 3:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
aviazuva:

I think the spirit of Okoko Ndem still lingers
if you are from the land of the rising sun,you will understand that we are not scared of pythons because we are one with the pythons and the pythons helped a great deal during the war espicially against the 3rd marine commando at duing our own operation o.a.u where the 3000 man division that entered owerri were reduced to 300,who slipped out of the town with col etuk while the scorpion being a strongman escaped only to be dismssed by the authorities at Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by Saintp(m): 3:50pm On Dec 01, 2016
coldHeat:
Its amazing how a year ago IPOB youths were threating fire and brimstone if Kanu wasn't released before January this year,
now it has become a "to your tents o Israel" issue;

sad thing is many died over this, and now, those who led others to their deaths have chickened out under the pressure of earthly desires.

Youths and teenagers many of whom their brains are still developing, cannot process more than one thought or decision at a time, and with a lack of listening to elders (many of who saw the civil war) went out to promote a cause they knew they'd never win without following due process.

I mourn with the bereaved;

But I am more amazed at the lack of fire to champion a cause that was ready to plunge us in to civil war and unrest barely 12 months ago...

Let us let the law and government handle this, and if they don't do so to our tastes, well there's 2019....

So what do you think the should have done? Start suicide bombings in markets, public places to show their annoyance?
It's a shame that Biafra issue has not been put to rest up till now. This is just a failure of leadership since the end of the civil war otherwise we shouldn't be talking about it today.
At the end of the day, this whole nonsense affects everybody because the first step to achieving greatness as a nation is unity. I wish the leaders of this country will change their approach to serious national issues so that for once we will stand the chance of seeing real peace and prosperity as a nation.

2 Likes

Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 01, 2016
PDJT:

Lol. Your reply is so flawed that I don't know where to start responding; It's like being a mosquito in a nudist colony. grin
Whatever

2 Likes

Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by kassy777: 4:06pm On Dec 01, 2016
tolux247:

Whre did u type frm ?
which kind word be 'whre'?

1 Like

Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by engrchykae(m): 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2016
Victorvexz:

Don't mind that idiot, thinking Nigeria is afraid of them. They will be dealt with just like its 1967
ur uncles that never returned especially murtala's men at Abagana and black scorpion's men at owerri.
things are not the same again as the middlebelt and southsouth have seen the schemings of the fulani.
the southwest will only support in mouth but will naturally chicken out when they are called to arms but if they take up arms like the 3rd marine commando,they will never leave the east alive as adekunle's men remain buried in owerri.
navy captain makanjuola perished at oguta lake and his boat is still there as a reminder of your so-called victory.
Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by PDJT: 4:24pm On Dec 01, 2016
[s]
kropotkin11:
Whatever
[/s]
Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by Totti9(m): 4:45pm On Dec 01, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
Another Christmas in zoo prison

Mandela of the flat heads cry

Donald okeshukwu Trump, come and save our dilector from tyrant Buhari cheesy
don't make jest of a people been humiliated cause it can make den to go violent

2 Likes

Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by akinsammy(m): 5:00pm On Dec 01, 2016
Listen to radio biafra while i was in onitsha. Kanu's address 2 Nigerian is so barbaric nd always like a war threat.. U igbos knw dat.

3 Likes

Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by slash112: 5:01pm On Dec 01, 2016
kropotkin2:
Mr man go and watch those videos again. He solicited for money to buy arms so he can wage a war against the Nigerian state. That is high treason punishable by death
afonja. nnamdi kanu is coming to nigeria with biafra flag nd for his people freedom and his d nt com to nigeria to be a persident of nigeria then do u mean dat is treason felony
Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by Alvino1(m): 5:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
Wow... the prosecuting counsel is very strong indeed... really did not get wht my lord meant by "the offence is not ordinarily bailable" does it now follow that, that is a type of offence?? (i.e bailable, non-bailable and not ordinarily bailable offences??)
Well in my opinion, I think the defence counsel should stop applying for ball and proceed with the trial.. since it is not written anywhere that bail must ne granted first before trial commences... so since bail has been denied over nd over, both parties should proceed with the trial...

#5iver...
Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
slash112:
afonja. nnamdi kanu is coming to nigeria with biafra flag nd for his people freedom and his d nt com to nigeria to be a persident of nigeria then do u mean dat is treason felony
Not gonna happen, but if it does, let me know
Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by Godshope: 5:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
Is Nigerian Judiciary truly independent. The executive saying that he will not be granted bail; and then the judiciary standing on the statement. Please God we need restoration of, "RULE OF LAW" in this country ; Nigeria.
Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by zendy: 5:48pm On Dec 01, 2016
aviazuva:

Then what stops the IPOB from seeking the way of referendum
instead of soliciting for arms and preparing for war,
knowing fully well that once the Niger bridge is blocked Igbos are cage?

To the best of my knowledge, IPOB is seeking a referendum, but not many are optimistic that the Nigerian government are that sohisticated.
Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by fastjett: 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by Kamanuozuzu: 6:36pm On Dec 01, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:

It doesn't quite matter how many Xmas Nnamdi Kanu spends in prison but how long his grand children can live in a peaceful, prosperous, civilized world - an ideal society.

1 Like

Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by FunkyMetahuman: 6:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
Kamanuozuzu:

It doesn't quite matter how many Xmas Nnamdi Kanu spends in prison but how long his grand children can live in a peaceful, prosperous, civilized world - an ideal society.
his great grand children will still be called nigerian just like ojuku

Keep deceiving the poor boy.

1 Like

Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
Ikpewe:
you want the witnesses identities to be revealed so that by friday they are all pronounce dead.

That is admission of incompetent on the side of our security agencies. If they can not protect witnesses then they are useless as it comes.

1 Like

Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by chigaemezuogu: 7:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
Nigeria judiciary is very weak and incompetent, how can one case take many yrs and many judges? Executives, lagislators and judiciaries are weak but the weakest is judiciary who are the hope of comon man but now influenced by buhari's led executive. Release kanu and give him biafra nation that's all.
Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by Fash20: 8:41pm On Dec 01, 2016
God don't let this leads to war.
Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by ShootToKill: 9:37pm On Dec 01, 2016
yoruba muslim afonjas, running amok like headless chickens and dissing IPOB while the caliphate controls their empty skulls with the emirates on their land.

See the way the smelly things are fighting tooth and nail to live with people who see them as odoriferous beings. grin grin
Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by Zrolec(m): 10:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
Eshinkan:
Foolish old man that just decided to sentence himself to jail over a phantom country..... grin grin grin...continue enjoying kuje beans...the mandela of Biafra.... grin grin grin

Wretched , brainwashed fggot minded puppet ... He in Kuje is of more live value than u a free man. Hahaha give ur life more value and let just rule its case .... Biafra must live. Biafra is a dream come true
Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by lastmessenger: 10:23pm On Dec 01, 2016
Yet with all these things being done to keep the country together, Nigeria is still not wotking. There is hunger,recession,unemployment,terriorism etc.yet we still want to keep this contraption that has never worked.
Freedom is coming.
Orji writing from Abia
Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by basybasy: 10:44pm On Dec 01, 2016
GTkester:
Expected. But we aren't giving up!!
. I am a yoruba man and i dnt blame any group dat wants leave Nigeria. Even, i dnt mind it if yoruba wants to go too. Im tired of a place called Nigearia.
Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by odinegi(m): 10:45pm On Dec 01, 2016
Pls my question is" witness to what?
Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by AfroKnight: 10:52pm On Dec 01, 2016
Re: Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail by Uncletony(m): 11:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breaking: Buhari Sacks Heads Of Nigerian Aviation Agencies / "We Are Ready To Negotiate": Bandits Send "Save Our Soul" Message To Gov Dauda / Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.