Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,195 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election (13347 Views)

Gambian President, Adama Barrow's Inauguration Is Today / Photos From The Swearing In Ceremony Of Adama Barrow As Gambian President / Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by Theoritical(m): 4:15pm On Dec 01, 2016
Modern day slavery
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by SortCode(m): 4:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hmm
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by naijaguy77: 4:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
Another Buhari
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
The dumb nomad stylishly started same here yestday, but #GOD WIN!...africa is cursed with useless rulers!
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by kingcomet(m): 4:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
ok
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by IVORY2009(m): 4:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
Keneking:
grin grin grin

African leaders and their colonial thinking grin

"Instead of using ballot papers, voters put a marble into a coloured drum for their candidate. The system is aimed at tackling illiteracy and preventing rigging." Is this Option A3 abi Option D8 grin grin grin

Useless democracy undecided

I know PMB would visit Gambia soon shocked

The day our president will block you frm accessing the internet, you will hv no place to reachout!
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 01, 2016
IVORY2009:

The day our president will block you frm accessing the internet, you will hv no place to reachout!

What about television shows and radio and letter writing embarassed
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by IVORY2009(m): 4:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
Keneking:

What about television shows and radio and letter writing embarassed
Wat happened to NCC that controls the media? The president can use dem too...
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
IVORY2009:

Wat happened to NCC that controls the media? The president can use dem too...

Even letter writing embarassed undecided
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by Pylony(m): 4:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
The African dictators calling them selves leaders are now afraid of the power of the social Media, just some few months ago Gabon did same and even after the Election was over the internet connectivity was still down just to intimidate the people the more.

Kenya did likewise more and more African leaders are now using the blocked of the internet during election to silent the voice of the voiceless in the excuse that its for prevention of violence which is a fat lie, even after blocking the net in Gabon we sow the violence that still occure. It is just there in place so they can rigged elections.

But all hopes are not lost for the voiceless in Gambia, they can still use VPN apps to bypass any stupid blockage of the internet to tell their stories across.
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by IVORY2009(m): 4:23pm On Dec 01, 2016
Keneking:

Even letter writing embarassed undecided

ofcourse too, wat happened to post master general of the federation, he can be used too grin
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by Momoh7(m): 4:24pm On Dec 01, 2016
drgill give me mat make i sleep dey wait for the result
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by bi0nics: 4:27pm On Dec 01, 2016
Weird and Absurd

I'm not even Understanding..... undecided
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by 4nobody4every1: 4:27pm On Dec 01, 2016
Keneking:
grin grin grin

African leaders and their colonial thinking grin

"Instead of using ballot papers, voters put a marble into a coloured drum for their candidate. The system is aimed at tackling illiteracy and preventing rigging." Is this Option A3 abi Option D8 grin grin grin

Useless democracy undecided

I know PMB would visit Gambia soon shocked
That can never happen in Nigeria, l was in Gambia few years ago and what l saw shocked me, you dare not speak against the president, you will either be in jail, be missing or killed, you can go through Gambia in a day, we have Nigerians there but l was there for 2 weeks vacation and left, there money has power though, called Gambia Dalasis and they do voodoo / juju like no man business cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by ifypedro38(m): 4:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
This is true. I based in Dakar Senegal and have been trying to reach some Nigerians there since yesterday till now but it seems that ...Things have fallen apart .. I will try my.best to go there by tomorrow or next to know the conditions of Nigerians there .if the immigration officers will allow me to enter because last time it was like a battle before I entered there. Nairalanders will have to follow me for updates ...Ify Pedro signing out for now
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by Junior66(m): 4:31pm On Dec 01, 2016
Donald Trump is right.
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 4:34pm On Dec 01, 2016
Islam religion of peace indeed
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by nwaanambra1(m): 4:48pm On Dec 01, 2016
afanide:
These are the kind of people Buhari learns from......

lean not to talk shit with your handle that have your full number on it!

when they pick your type up and butcher u, the social media will not even notice your absence!

if u don't know how to use your brain to stay safe, download an app that can do that for u!

ode! angry
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by oluxy(m): 5:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
grin grin
This type of ballox box oh!! sorry, ballot containers can't be hijacked by hoodlums grin
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by Lilimax(f): 5:15pm On Dec 01, 2016
Sebi he prays by 'iku ishi na-ani' undecided
Na there way.
Vemon flows in their blood stream embarassed
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by palsenator(m): 5:26pm On Dec 01, 2016
It is an Islamic Nation and what do you expect from them?

1 Like

Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by gungab(m): 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2016
African mentality sha
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by bush4ker(m): 5:54pm On Dec 01, 2016
9ja better pass dis one o
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by fortunechy(m): 6:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
I decided to go and chill out in Mr Biggs today when I saw one guy with his girlfriend enjoying themselves. Not too long, in front of them was the waiter with the bill which was about 20k. To my surprise the girl quickly opened her purse brought out 21k, paid and told the waiter to keep the balance. After the waiter had left, the guy started asking her, baby why didn't u allow me to take care of the bills. It was then the girl said something that impressed me, she actually told the guy that she's not after his money that the only thing she needs from him is his love, care and attention. Almost immediately, I heard a voice''cut! cut!! cut!!! cut!!!!! It was the director and right behind me was the camera man, it was then I said to myself "Okaaaayyy" I for fear oooo. Na movie dem dey shoot, no wonder !!!!!!! because de last time dis kind thing happen for real life na 1900 during the time of Lord Lugard.
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by afanide: 6:18pm On Dec 01, 2016
nwaanambra1:

lean not to talk shit with your handle that have your full number on it!

when they pick your type up and butcher u, the social media will not even notice your absence!

if u don't know how to use your brain to stay safe, download an app that can do that for u!

ode! angry

I wonder where this one came out from

Usemenkpo
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by afanide: 6:35pm On Dec 01, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Nooo! This is totally out of it. Who does that? angry

Internet not even social media or some bad sites undecided

Over out of it..... It is almost the same thing our presido wanted to do by attempting to hike Data prices na
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by Tculest: 6:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
DrGill:
Gambian president blocks Internet and international calls, as he seeks 5th reelection today.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-38157127
. And they are calling Buhari a tranny.wat will u call dis nw?
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by Tculest: 6:41pm On Dec 01, 2016
DrGill:
Gambian president blocks Internet and international calls, as he seeks 5th reelection today.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-38157127
. And they are calling Buhari a tranny.wat will u call dis nw? Pmb has nt even done half of wat oda presidents are doing
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by Naff24(f): 7:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
donphilopus:
[s][/s]

Sharrap! Or is your brain paining you?
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by purpledferanmi1: 7:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
Talk like someone who went to school.
Re: Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 01, 2016
The God that created Africans is different from the ones that created those in other continent...

Africa is backward...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Gambian Waiter (25) Weds A Granny (59) For Visa / Hillary Clinton Resigns As US Secretary Of State / Woman Blames Husband For Obama’s Reelection, Runs Him Over With Her Jeep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.