Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... (25263 Views)

Court Acquits Orubebe Over N1.97bn Contract Scam / On This Day: Two Years Ago, Orubebe. The Man Who Saw Tomorrow / The Real Meaning Of "ORUBEBE" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:10am On May 15, 2015
Any close observer of the polity post-election would have seen more the actual reason for "get Jonathan out of the way election". From the comments of Mohammed, Shamshudeen to that of Sen. Dansadau etc and people will still come here to tell me about how Jonathan was voted out due to non-performance. Since when did we become so averse to non-performing leaders of which Jonathan doesn't fit the list. Some lords felt that Jonathan was fast making them to lose relevance hence they needed to reinvent themselves politically coupled with oil block licencing cum population census of 2016. To this a powerful propaganda machinery was needed to brainwash the smart by half majority. It's a truism that outside Jonathan, most of these men has been part of Nigeria misrule since 1978 till date. A journey through our history shows a country held hostage by its own and forced to be moving in circles. Why can't there be new leaders? Why can't we have true fiscal federalism? Why can't we regionalize this country? Why is the burden of ONE Nigeria always on the South?

Nzeogwu & co believed due to post election crisis in SW, that they can rescue ONE Nigeria, but they plunged the eastern part into paying 'debts' unending.

Ironsi believed in ONE Nigeria, and his blood was used to wash the streets.

Isaac Boro screamed and cried for same injustice but was muscled out.

Saro Wiwa came to the stage but his blood was used to entertain the oligarchs.

Ojukwu decided to challenge the anomaly engendered by barefaced rape of our sanctity to life and association but was confronted with more blood on our streets and made a fugitive in his supposed fatherland.

Yes, subsequently Easterners were subjected to the background after the gift of 20pounds as punishment for "no victor; no vanquished". Some of their people were used as baits to whittle down the genuine demands and general wellbeing of majority by giving them crumbs called political appointments. While NigerDeltans were brainwashed through series of well oiled propaganda to see the Igbos as their enemies and root cause of their problem. While the alien term SS came into being to copiously highlight the divide always.

SouthWest were made heroes of their fellow southern brothers woes; but unfortunately were eaten by same tiger they fed. Awolowo was stampeded even to death. And Abiola who had national appeal was not allowed to be. Finally, he became a story and a sentence in the past amidst laughter from the lords of Nigeria.

Obasanjo thrived with the hides and shadow of late Shehu Yar'adua(progenitor of the powerful Kaduna mafia). He is a cat with nine lives. He had his bread buttered by the gods but choose to dine with devil and became lord of demons. Blood of the innocents especially from the creeks cries around him for vengeance.

And now, came Jonathan not an Igbo but from a background feeling the pangs of pain and marginalization like Igbo. He gave so much to pacify these internal colonialists and oligarchs at the expense of developing his region but was rejected, framed as corrupt notwithstanding the reputable; "Transparency International" verdict vindicating him. He was humiliated out of office. We all know our position back in the years.

In all, Jonathan didn't just lose. We lost too. It may not be easy to see any Southerner rise to that post in the near future without some radical breakthrough. Forget
the noise and empty rhetorics of people like Rochas Okorocha and co. Boys talk; men act.

The North by the smart machinery instituted by Prof. Attahiru Jega would always determine and decide who rules Nigeria notwithstanding the voting pattern down South. Irrespective of South's discontent with government in power; unless North decide otherwise the government MUST persist.

What slavery is more than this?...Read the dailies and cry for the future because these people we term "aabookiii" ruled all my ancestry, my grandfather, my father and now myself, with the country bastardized and in shambles. When will it all end with all the sycophants, and many smart by half people down South?

Is it too much to ask if Nigeria is reduced to regions with a weak central government?

The cries and shrills of Elder Godsday Orubebe in that INEC hall echoes in my heart...

53 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:13am On May 15, 2015
Cc; Mogidi, Firefire, Truckpusher, Dearpreye, SeverusSnape,
barcanista , Temitemi1, Tomakint, Jmaine, Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Phockphockman, Peppyluv02, Ganjafarmer, Francizy, Anonimi, dearpreye, mizmycoli, passingshot, socialmediaman, obi4eze, and all forum brothers....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mogidi: 11:14am On May 15, 2015
Some lords felt that Jonathan was fast making them to lose relevance hence they needed to reinvent themselves politically coupled with oil block licencing cum population census of 2016.

You couldn't have put it any better, many people down South didn't realise what the issues were. They bought into the sleek slogan of "change".
The North are truly the most sophisticated region in terms of political and economic awareness.

In all, Jonathan didn't just lose. We lost too.

Our fight for referendum or true federalism would make GEJ's loss a blessing in disguise.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by xmich(m): 11:17am On May 15, 2015
Am in love with this write up

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:18am On May 15, 2015
Nigeria needs some serious restructuring to allow for healthy competition between regions and people... The system has been skewed and programmed for unhealthy domination by one part. Let's go for what is right so as to allow equity, justice, healthy competition, increased progress, grassroots development etc to thrive...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 11:24am On May 15, 2015
Usually bullsh.it, you should make Jonathan ezi ndibo of your land if you so much need him.

Jega was from anambra when he announced Jonathan winner in 2011.

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mogidi: 11:27am On May 15, 2015
xmich:

Its a masterpiece.

5 Likes

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 11:28am On May 15, 2015
Finally! This is a brilliant and wonderful write-up. It is concise, it strike the emotion and informative. The Spirit Will never die!!!

God Bless The Eastern Region

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mogidi: 11:29am On May 15, 2015
Please lets try and ignore those here for sole purpose of derailing.

IyaIode:
Usually bullsh.it, you should make Jonathan ezi ndibo of your land if you so much need him.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by MizMyColi(f): 11:30am On May 15, 2015
Very thought provoking.
There's barely more to add.

Great writ
WNTT.

I expect a good counter from the opposition, if any.
Not insults.

Please uphold civility, thank yousmiley

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:31am On May 15, 2015
IyaIode:

I pray you see beyond your nose soonest...this is no longer about Jonathan my dear...why not read and understand this message with an open mind?...thanks

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 11:32am On May 15, 2015
It is a twin fight. Referendum for Biafra/Lower Niger on one hand and True Federalism with at least 50% derivation formular on the other hand. We can not continue in this destructive path
Mogidi:

You couldn't have put it any better, many people down South didn't realise what the issues were. They bought into the sleek slogan of "change".
The North are truly the most sophisticated region in terms of political and economic awareness.

Our fight for referendum or true federalism would make GEJ's loss a blessing in disguise.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mogidi: 11:33am On May 15, 2015
This thread screams front page,

1 Like

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:33am On May 15, 2015
MizMyColi:
Very thought provoking.
There's barely more to add.

Great writ
WNTT.

I expect a good counter from the opposition, if any.
Not insults.

Please uphold civility, thank yousmiley

Thanks dear...advise on civility taken but won't shy away if alternative becomes inevitable cheesy

1 Like

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by cleatoris: 11:34am On May 15, 2015
Some whining.

4 Likes

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mogidi: 11:35am On May 15, 2015
barcanista:
It is a twin fight. Referendum for Biafra/Lower Niger on one hand and True Federalism with at least 50% derivation formular on the other hand. We can not continue in this destructive path

Bros we've been short-changed for far too long, anything less than 50% should be rejected.

6 Likes

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mogidi: 11:36am On May 15, 2015
@barcanista
Why can't we in the South South have referendum? Sorry, just reread your post, you did say SE/SS.

3 Likes

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by MizMyColi(f): 11:38am On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth asked these questions.
Anyone with viable answers should please contribute.
Thankssmiley

Why can't there be new leaders?
Why can't we have true fiscal federalism?
Why can't we regionalize this country?
Why is the burden of ONE Nigeria always on the South?

11 Likes

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:38am On May 15, 2015
barcanista:
Finally! This is a brilliant and wonderful write-up. It is concise, it strike the emotion and informative. The Spirit Will never die!!!

God Bless The Eastern Region

Thanks bro...Let it echo to the heavens that we are no more at peace here...that its either restructuring of this country is undertaken or it becomes to your tents O Isreal !!!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by MizMyColi(f): 11:39am On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Thanks dear...advise on civility taken but won't shy away if alternative becomes inevitable cheesy

By all meanscheesy

1 Like

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 11:39am On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I pray you see beyond your nose soonest...this is no longer about Jonathan my dear...why not read and understand this message with an open mind?...thanks
The election has been won and lost, if you feel sad about the results, go and strategies for 2019. What has ironsi got to do with the last election?

1. Did this same Jonathan not win overwhelming in 2011 expecially in the North?

2. Did these same Jonathan not carry the eternal looters along?

3. Was the last 5yrs not a looting spree?

You think other regions don't have stories to tell against your region too

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:40am On May 15, 2015
xmich:
God bless you...
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by TheOtherview: 11:41am On May 15, 2015
grin grin grin

Someone talking to himself again?

I am going to lend a helping hand, as Elder Orubebe's corrupt manhood spirit must be allowed to die a proverbial death.

[url=http://saharareporters.com/2013/06/19/edwin-clark%E2%80%99s-group-others-drag-orubebe-efcc/]Edwin Clark’s Group, Others Drag Orubebe Before EFCC[/url]

Dino Drags Godswill Orubebe To ICPC Over Corruption Allegation

Resign Now, CNPP Tells ‘corrupt’ Ministers Wogu, Orubebe

Anti-Corruption Network Gives Reps 14 Days Ultimatum To Commence Probe Of Corruption Levelled Against Orubebe

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 11:42am On May 15, 2015
Why haven't our southern president given us true federalism since we blame the north always.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mogidi: 11:43am On May 15, 2015
IyaIode:

The election has been won and lost, if you feel sad about the results, go and strategies for 2019. What has ironsi got to do with the last election?

1. Did this same Jonathan not win overwhelming in 2011 expecially in the North?

2. Did these same Jonathan not carry the eternal looters along?

3. Was the last 5yrs not a looting spree?
You think other regions don't have stories to tell against your region too

So how about a referendum?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:44am On May 15, 2015
cleatoris:
Some whining.

Why can't we have new leaders in this country?
Why can't we have fiscal federalism?
Why can't this country be regionalized?
Where do you see yourself in this country tomorrow?

Whatever worth doing well started somewhere maybe as whining to some folks then too cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by temitemi1(m): 11:46am On May 15, 2015
Thanks for this write up man!
Whynotthetruth:
Any close observer of the polity post-election would have seen more the actual reason for "get Jonathan out of the way election". From the comments of Mohammed, Shamshudeen to that of Sen. Dansadau etc and people will still come here to tell me about how Jonathan was voted out due to non-performance. Since when did we become so averse to non-performing leaders of which Jonathan doesn't fit the list. Some lords felt that Jonathan was fast making them to lose relevance hence they needed to reinvent themselves politically coupled with oil block licencing cum population census of 2016. To this a powerful propaganda machinery was needed to brainwash the smart by half majority. It's a truism that outside Jonathan, most of these men has been part of Nigeria misrule since 1978 till date. A journey through our history shows a country held hostage by its own and forced to be moving in circles. Why can't there be new leaders? Why can't we have true fiscal federalism? Why can't we regionalize this country? Why is the burden of ONE Nigeria always on the South?

Nzeogwu & co believed due to post election crisis in SW, that they can rescue ONE Nigeria, but they plunged the eastern part into paying 'debts' unending.

Ironsi believed in ONE Nigeria, and his blood was used to wash the streets.

Isaac Boro screamed and cried for same injustice but was muscled out.

Saro Wiwa came to the stage but his blood was used to entertain the oligarchs.

Ojukwu decided to challenge the anomaly engendered by barefaced rape of our sanctity to life and association but was confronted with more blood on our streets and made a fugitive in his supposed fatherland.

Yes, subsequently Easterners were subjected to the background after the gift of 20pounds as punishment for "no victor; no vanquished". Some of their people were used as baits to whittle down the genuine demands and general wellbeing of majority by giving them crumbs called political appointments. While NigerDeltans were brainwashed through series of well oiled propaganda to see the Igbos as their enemies and root cause of their problem. While the alien term SS came into being to copiously highlight the divide always.

SouthWest were made heroes of their fellow southern brothers woes; but unfortunately were eaten by same tiger they fed. Awolowo was stampeded even to death. And Abiola who had national appeal was not allowed to be. Finally, he became a story and a sentence in the past amidst laughter from the lords of Nigeria.

Obasanjo thrived with the hides and shadow of late Shehu Yar'adua(progenitor of the powerful Kaduna mafia). He is a cat with nine lives. He had his bread buttered by the gods but choose to dine with devil and became lord of demons. Blood of the innocents especially from the creeks cries around him for vengeance.

And now, came Jonathan not an Igbo but from a background feeling the pangs of pain and marginalization like Igbo. He gave so much to pacify these internal colonialists and oligarchs at the expense of developing his region but was rejected, framed as corrupt notwithstanding the reputable; "Transparency International" verdict vindicating him. He was humiliated out of office. We all know our position back in the years.

In all, Jonathan didn't just lose. We lost too. It may not be easy to see any Southerner rise to that post in the near future without some radical breakthrough. Forget
the noise and empty rhetorics of people like Rochas Okorocha and co. Boys talk; men act.

The North by the smart machinery instituted by Prof. Attahiru Jega would always determine and decide who rules Nigeria notwithstanding the voting pattern down South. Irrespective of South's discontent with government in power; unless North decide otherwise the government MUST persist.

What slavery is more than this?...Read the dailies and cry for the future because these people we term "aabookiii" ruled all my ancestry, my grandfather, my father and now myself, with the country bastardized and in shambles. When will it all end with all the sycophants, and many smart by half people down South?

Is it too much to ask if Nigeria is reduced to regions with a weak central government?

The cries and shrills of Elder Godsday Orubebe in that INEC hall echoes in my heart...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:47am On May 15, 2015
TheOtherview:
grin grin grin

Someone talking to himself again?

I am going to lend a helping hand, as Elder Orubebe corrupt manhood spirit must die a proverbial death.

[url=http://saharareporters.com/2013/06/19/edwin-clark%E2%80%99s-group-others-drag-orubebe-efcc/]Edwin Clark’s Group, Others Drag Orubebe Before EFCC[/url]

gringrin I just spoke to your spirit now...Yes, I may not react simply the way he reacted but beyond that spontaneous reaction lies the deep pains of injustice, marginalization, treachery and blackmail.... Look at the other side of that event bro cheesy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by TheOtherview: 11:49am On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

gringrin I just spoke to your spirit now...Yes, I may not react simply the way he reacted but beyond that spontaneous reaction lies the pains of injustice, marginalization, treachery and blackmail.... Look at the other side of that event bro cheesy

You typify the Nigerian who celebrates perfidy comrade.
I've got absolutely no time for folks like you.

7 Likes

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 11:52am On May 15, 2015
Mogidi:

So how about a referendum?
Will it stop Theodore Orji from looting a state dry and manipulating elections?
We African don't know our priorities.

24 Likes

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 11:53am On May 15, 2015
Mogidi:
@barcanista
Why can't we in the South South have referendum? Sorry, just reread your post, you did say SE/SS.
Yeah bro! My preference for United SS/SE is borne out of the fact that the SS has never been an administrative entity. The individual tribes withing the SS share similarity in tradition, culture, belief system, struggle etc with the Igbos in the SE. In fact, there are Igbo tribes within the SS- and it will make no sense to separate them or tell them to go. Looking at the bigger picture, the SE has always been brotherly though misunderstood in the past. A SS/SE country will have autonomous nation within the Federation or loose conferederation. We all stand to gain a lot just like the system of Bosnia and Canada.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mogidi: 11:53am On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Why can't we have new leaders in this country?
Why can't we have fiscal federalism?
Why can't this country be regionalized?
Where do you see yourself in this country tomorrow?

Whatever worth doing well started somewhere maybe as whining to some folks then too cheesy

Still waiting for reasonable answers to the above.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anti-saraki Senators Demand Ekweremadu’s Resignation / Gbayi Women, Youths Protests El-rufai's Appointment Of Non Indigene..(pictured) / Youths Protest Against Attacks On Oil Facilities In Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.