Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? (7674 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by ScienceWatch: 12:53pm On Dec 04, 2016
onyenze123:

Your ignorance stinks to high heaven.

God reveals himself through his creation. The more we study his creation, the more we advance our life through science and technology. Why do you think the western civilization is ahead of us? why is Japan/other East Asian countries like Korea and China ahead of us Africans?

We have in our ignorance and foolishness refuse to study God through his creation. We are busy listening to "men of God" instead of academics, we are busy reading Koran and Bible (which is filed with confusion and contradictions) instead of Sciences and arts.

FYI: most miracles on Emmanuel TV are stage to deceive the gullible followers. Continue to wallow in your ignorance
Hi Onyenze123, I am happy for you that you made time to explain your deep but narrow materialistic views on life.

You do know, the wise only use science as a basic tool for the lower level needs of life.
But you dont know that the wise use the holy books( Koran or bible) you foolishly despise for the higher things of life.

Why dont you grow up, become mature in your world view. Move away from petty self rewarding ideas to ideas that inspire others.

It wont be easy for you. We can chat again in five years time.
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by ScienceWatch: 1:00pm On Dec 04, 2016
Haroun13:

I think I get what you are saying. But this post should be directed to Atheists, and I'm not one.
You certainly have a lot of personal power to be able to avoid the viscous traps of atheism/deism/agnostism/humanism and other satanic tools used to decieve the unwary masses. All the best !!!
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by ScienceWatch: 1:29pm On Dec 04, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Hi Onyenze123, I am happy for you that you made time to explain your deep but narrow materialistic views on life.

You do know, the wise only use science as a basic tool for the lower level needs of life.
But you dont know that the wise use the holy books( Koran or bible) you foolishly despise for the higher things of life.

Why dont you grow up, become mature in your world view. Move away from petty self rewarding ideas to ideas that inspire others.

It wont be easy for you. We can chat again in five years time.

Hi Onyenze123, one more thing, before you leave.
You jealously mention Japan, China and Korea as being ahead of Nigeria/Africa. It is because you are only capable of only seeing as far as your own nose. But I dont blame you Onyenze123, your nose is the closest thing to you.

Onyenze123, can I give you two questions that many esteemed Nairaland readers will enjoy :

1 ) [b]Why do Japan, China, Korea [/b]even the mighty America and Britain come to Nigeria for help that they cant find anywhere else.
You should know that the greatest Scientists across the whole world cant provide what they need.. Tell us what this most valuable, priceless commodity is ?

2) [b]Can you put a value on this commodity [/b]and explain how it can be used to benefit Africa more than gold for example ?

We will wait for your reply.
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by ScienceWatch: 1:32pm On Dec 04, 2016
Haroun13:

I think I get what you are saying. But this post should be directed to Atheists, and I'm not one.
You right !
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Hi Onyenze123, one more thing, before you leave.
You jealously mention Japan, China and Korea as being ahead of Nigeria/Africa. It is because you are only capable of only seeing as far as your own nose. But I dont blame you Onyenze123, your nose is the closest thing to you.

Onyenze123, can I give you two questions that many esteemed Nairaland readers will enjoy :

1 ) [b]Why do Japan, China, Korea [/b]even the mighty America and Britain come to Nigeria for help that they cant find anywhere else.
You should know that the greatest Scientists across the whole world cant provide what they need.. Tell us what this most valuable, priceless commodity is ?

2) [b]Can you put a value on this commodity [/b]and explain how it can be used to benefit Africa more than gold for example ?

We will wait for your reply.

...Come to Nigeria for help?

Kwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwa

Nigeria doesn't have any priceless commodity, period
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by visita: 5:58pm On Dec 04, 2016
Just imagine what religion has done to the guy? Those nations come to Nigeria for help?

I'll just reserve my comment
onyenze123:

...Come to Nigeria for help?

Kwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwa

Nigeria doesn't have any priceless commodity, period
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by Ranchhoddas: 7:20pm On Dec 04, 2016
visita:
Just imagine what religion has done to the guy? Those nations come to Nigeria for help?

I'll just reserve my comment
I don't think that guy is normal anymore.
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by jonbellion(m): 11:44am On Dec 05, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

who are you? you reply every post with praises to your widely known fake prophet like he's your god
that dude is just pissing everybody off both thiests, athiests and all unbelievers alike

1 Like

Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by hahn(m): 11:45am On Dec 05, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

who are you? you reply every post with praises to your widely known fake prophet like he's your god

He is na undecided
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by ScienceWatch: 1:37pm On Dec 05, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I dont think you have the intelligence to learn from the info I am providing, but I will add it here for truly enlightened minds.

We dare "hopefulLandlord" to "evict" [/b]the independent testimonies about the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria as witnessed by the foreign group below;

[b]Why Foreign pastors went to examine Scoan Nigeria ?

http://www.doveministries.com/

Below is a brief extract from the above Internationally esteemed website.

” Having watched many miraculous healings on videos from the Synagogue, Church Of All Nations, Nigeria a group of three New Zealand pastors and four evangelists including myself went to the Synagogue, Church Of All Nations, Nigeria and lived there for nine days and nights.

We wanted to satisfy ourselves that T.B. Joshua is a man of God and miracles were in fact taking place.”
Source from: http://www.doveministries.com/category/store/tb-joshua/about-tb-joshua

What we saw :
Blind eyes opened, cripples walking and dozens of testimonies from people who had been healed of HIV and other diseases.
Some of us received healings ourselves.

Spiritual overview:
We heard the name of Jesus Christ being continuously uplifted, the Gospel, repentance and salvation being continuously preached and the work of the Holy Spirit honoured.
After nine days at the Synagogue, Church Of All Nations we concluded that T.B. Joshua is indeed a man of God and these are the works of God.

Group from New Zealand:
Among our group there were three senior pastors, two evangelists and two men leading major Christian work in New Zealand. Between us we had 180 years of ministry.
Our conclusion was that this is truly a work of God.
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by ScienceWatch: 1:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
jonbellion:
that dude is just pissing everybody off both thiests, athiests and all unbelievers alike
No, Jonbellion, you twist the truth again. RATIONALIZATIONS: This is a favourite mechanism of atheists/deist. It is simply the reliance on logical-sounding but false reasons to negate reality.

If you had a truthful bone in your body, you would have said , Science Watch is pissing on me !
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by EyeHateGod: 2:20pm On Dec 05, 2016
ScienceWatch:
No, Jonbellion, you twist the truth again. RATIONALIZATIONS: This is a favourite mechanism of atheists/deist. It is simply the reliance on logical-sounding but false reasons to negate reality.

If you had a truthful bone in your body, you would have said , Science Watch is pissing on me !
You call talking donkey Reality?
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by ScienceWatch: 3:40pm On Dec 05, 2016
EyeHateGod:

You call talking donkey Reality?
And you call Jesus miraculous healings a reality ?
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by EyeHateGod: 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2016
ScienceWatch:
And you call Jesus miraculous healings a reality ?
You would first of all prove to me that he Existed Historically am sorry i don't shear ur ferry tales with you..
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by ScienceWatch: 4:02pm On Dec 05, 2016
EyeHateGod:

You would first of all prove to me that he Existed Historically am sorry i don't shear ur ferry tales with you..
I do share fairy tales with my kids though. It is funny to come across an atheist that dont even know history, and then "Eyehategod" boldly demands that something must first be proven "historically" You choose the right name for yourself. well done !

It is not amusing any longer when lazy atheists/ deists / agnostics still dont know how to find evidence to satisfy their sick minds.
The info below is added here for the benefit of the esteemed truth seekers of Niaraland.

Q: "Are there any historical writings, other than the Bible, that prove that Jesus ever really lived?"

A: Yes. Cornelius Tacitus (A.D. 55-120) was considered the greatest historian of ancient Rome. He wrote of Nero who "punished with the most exquisite tortures, the persons commonly called Christians, who were hated for their enormities. Christus [Christ], the founder of the name, was put to death by Pontius Pilate, procurator of Judea in the reign of Tiberius: but the pernicious superstition, repressed for a time, broke out again, not only through Judea, where the mischief originated, but through the city of Rome also."1

Also, Flavius Josephus, a Jewish historian, (A.D. 38-100+) wrote about Jesus in his Jewish Antiquities, saying that Jesus was a wise man who did surprising feats, taught many, won over followers from among Jews and Greeks, that Jesus was believed to be the Messiah, was accused by the Jewish leaders, was condemned to be crucified by Pilate, and was considered to be resurrected.2

The existence of Jesus Christ is recorded not only by Josephus and Tacitus, but also by ancient writers such as Suetonius, Thallus, Pliny the Younger, and Lucian. And from the Jewish Talmud, "we learn that Jesus was conceived out of wedlock, gathered disciples, made blasphemous claims about himself, and worked miracles, but these miracles were attributed to sorcery and not to God.

Thus, historians both favorable and unfavorable regarding Jesus did write about him. Also there were many historical writings about the early Christians.
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by EyeHateGod: 4:08pm On Dec 05, 2016
ScienceWatch:
I do share fairy tales with my kids though. It is funny to come across an atheist that dont even know history, and then boldly demands that something must first be proven "historically" You choose the right name for yourself. well done !

It is not amusing any longer when lazy atheists/ deists / agnostics still dont know how to find evidence to satisfy their sick minds.

Q: "Are there any historical writings, [/b]other than the Bible, that prove that Jesus ever really lived?"

[b]A: Yes. Cornelius Tacitus (A.D. 55-120) was considered
the greatest historian of ancient Rome. He wrote of Nero who "punished with the most exquisite tortures, the persons commonly called Christians, who were hated for their enormities. Christus [Christ], the founder of the name, was put to death by Pontius Pilate, procurator of Judea in the reign of Tiberius: but the pernicious superstition, repressed for a time, broke out again, not only through Judea, where the mischief originated, but through the city of Rome also."1

Also, Flavius Josephus, a Jewish historian, (A.D. 38-100+) wrote about Jesus in his Jewish Antiquities, saying that Jesus was a wise man who did surprising feats, taught many, won over followers from among Jews and Greeks, that Jesus was believed to be the Messiah, was accused by the Jewish leaders, was condemned to be crucified by Pilate, and was considered to be resurrected.2

The existence of Jesus Christ is recorded not only by Josephus and Tacitus, but also by ancient writers such as Suetonius, Thallus, Pliny the Younger, and Lucian. And from the Jewish Talmud, "we learn that Jesus was conceived out of wedlock, gathered disciples, made blasphemous claims about himself, and worked miracles, but these miracles were attributed to sorcery and not to God.

Thus, historians both favorable and unfavorable regarding Jesus did write about him. Also there were many historical writings about the early Christians.
And you think i haven't seen this b4? How many of this people you mentioned knew Jesus personally if not for stories they heard? Am still waiting for you to bring real Prof that Jesus Existed Historically...
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by ScienceWatch: 4:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
EyeHateGod:

And you think i haven't seen this b4? How many of this people you mentioned knew Jesus personally if not for stories they heard? Am still waiting for you to bring real Prof that Jesus Existed Historically...
How do one debate with a lazy atheist ?

EyeHateGod, People like you were dealt with direct and to the point more than two thousand years ago. The concise reply given is today, still the only way for an atheist/ satanist to know why they battle to accept the truth about Jesus Christ.

I know that you will be unable to examine the truth below, but it is added here for the benefit of more intelligent readers of Nairaland.

Jesus identifies Satanism and atheism among the church leaders :

Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto the Jews, If the true God were your Father, you would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but He sent me.

Joh 8:44 You are from your god, the devil, and the lusts of your god you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and live not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: for he is a liar, and the god of lies.

Consider what Jesus said to the Jews earlier, Joh 6:65 And Jesus said, I have said to you, that no one can come to me and believe the miraculous WORKS I am doing, except, if the true God sends them to me.

Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor, not a fake pastors elaborate speeches, conferences and motivational speeches. Joh 14:12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that believes me, the miracles/ WORKS that I do will you also do; and greater (more) miracles/WORKS than these shall you do; because I must soon go unto my Father.
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by ScienceWatch: 4:34pm On Dec 05, 2016
jonbellion:
Lol my parents know
I told them at 17
That was like 7 years ago
Though I'm agnostic since I don't believe in any gods then I'm an atheist by default

EyeHateGod, People like you were dealt with direct and to the point more than two thousand years ago. The concise reply given is today, still the only way for an atheist/ satanist to know why they battle to accept the truth about Jesus Christ.

I know that you will be unable to examine the truth below, but it is added here for the benefit of more intelligent readers of Nairaland.

Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto the Jews, If the true God were your Father, you would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but He sent me.

Joh 8:44 You are from your god, the devil, and the lusts of your god you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and live not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: for he is a liar, and the god of lies.

Consider what Jesus said to the Jews earlier, Joh 6:65 And Jesus said, I have said to you, that no one can come to me and believe the miraculous WORKS I am doing, except, if the true God sends them to me.

Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor, not a fake pastors elaborate speeches, conferences and motivational speeches. Joh 14:12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that believes me, the miracles/ WORKS that I do will you also do; and greater (more) miracles/WORKS than these shall you do; because I must soon go unto my Father.
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by EyeHateGod: 4:39pm On Dec 05, 2016
ScienceWatch:

How does this answer my Question?
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by ScienceWatch: 4:40pm On Dec 05, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

the words "Antichrist" "devil" are used by deluded Christians as an attempt to guilt you into thinking you're doing some cosmic damage by rejecting their Jewish god

"you're either for the Jewish god or the Jewish devil"; this is "False Dichotomy Fallacy" at its finest

what they don't realise that the atheist doesn't interpret it that way, to us it sounds more like

"You're either for Harry Potter or you're for Lord Voldemort"
this is "False Dichotomy Fallacy" at its finest. Wow ! Chew on that !
Athiesm/ deism/ agnosticm is a treat to a stable society:
The gods of the agnostic, atheist, deists, humanist are disguises, but underneath the mask you with find big trouble.
At least protect the youth of the world from this soul destroying satanic inspired belief systems that ends in a Mental Asylum. You will seek help in times of need and these groups will mock you instead. Mercy can not be found among them !

New information from a 22-year old study at a German University has many psychiatrists and psychologists throughout the world wondering if atheism/ deism, agnosticism is a sign or warning of a more serious mental illness already present or in the process of developing. Atheists or people who are very strident about their atheism are heavily prone to mental illness:

The results of this study have unnerved even the most stoic scientists, physicians and researchers.

The end result is that you will soon suffer unexplained anger, moodiness, depression, inability to forgive, cruelty, etc, etc, etc. Then you will be ready to except scientific solutions to spiritual problems. They will give you dangerous mind altering drugs that has no cure.
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by ScienceWatch: 4:44pm On Dec 05, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Dont you see yourself ?
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by EyeHateGod: 4:45pm On Dec 05, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

the words "Antichrist" "devil" are used by deluded Christians as an attempt to guilt you into thinking you're doing some cosmic damage by rejecting their Jewish god

"you're either for the Jewish god or the Jewish devil"; this is "False Dichotomy Fallacy" at its finest

what they don't realise that the atheist doesn't interpret it that way, to us it sounds more like

"You're either for Harry Potter or you're for Lord Voldemort"
This guy don't know how to Have a civil conversation with someone i wonder where he copies and paste all this stuff from...
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by EyeHateGod: 4:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Dont you see yourself ?
Please how does it Answer my Question i don't have time for mirrors now...
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by ScienceWatch: 4:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Dont you see yourself ? Here is more to keep it direct and simple.
You should now be able to see your self in this chilling real life scenario.

The Jews are unable to believe verifiable evidence of the miracles/WORKS

Joh 10:23 And Jesus walked in the Jewish temple in Solomon's porch.

Joh 10:24 Then the Jews came round about him, and said to him, How long do you make us to doubt? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.

Joh 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and you believed not: the miraculous miracles/ WORKS that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

Joh 10:26 But you wont believe, because you are not of the true God, as I said unto you.

Joh 10:37 If I don’t do the miracles/ WORKS of my Father, don’t believe me.

Joh 10:38 But if I do, though you are unable to believe me, believe the WORKS: so that that you may know, and believe, that the true God is in me, and I in Him.

Joh 10:39 Because of this the Jews tried to harm him: but he escaped out of their hands.

Today, we are blessed to have the evidence of Jesus’ WORKS Biblically and scientifically verified in the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria and on Emmanuel TV.
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by EyeHateGod: 4:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Dont you see yourself ? Here is more to keep it direct and simple.
You should now be able to see your self in this chilling real life scenario.

The Jews are unable to believe verifiable evidence of the miracles/WORKS

Joh 10:23 And Jesus walked in the Jewish temple in Solomon's porch.

Joh 10:24 Then the Jews came round about him, and said to him, How long do you make us to doubt? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.

Joh 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and you believed not: the miraculous miracles/ WORKS that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

Joh 10:26 But you wont believe, because you are not of the true God, as I said unto you.

Joh 10:37 If I don’t do the miracles/ WORKS of my Father, don’t believe me.

Joh 10:38 But if I do, though you are unable to believe me, believe the WORKS: so that that you may know, and believe, that the true God is in me, and I in Him.

Joh 10:39 Because of this the Jews tried to harm him: but he escaped out of their hands.

Today, we are blessed to have the evidence of Jesus’ WORKS Biblically and scientifically verified in the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria and on Emmanuel TV.
For Crying out Loud how does this Answer my Question?
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by ScienceWatch: 5:04pm On Dec 05, 2016
EyeHateGod:

For Crying out Loud how does this Answer my Question?
Ok Got it. best advice for you. Ask your more advanced atheist/agnostic/deist buddies to answer your questions.
Let the fun begin !
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by EyeHateGod: 5:07pm On Dec 05, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Ok Got it. best advice for you. Ask your more advanced atheist/agnostic/deist buddies to answer your questions.
Let the fun begin !
Must you always copy and paste can't you have a civil conversation? Like every other normal people here?
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by Ranchhoddas: 5:20pm On Dec 05, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Must you always copy and paste can't you have a civil conversation? Like every other normal people here?
Are you sure that's a human being? I think it's a programmed robot.
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by EyeHateGod: 5:30pm On Dec 05, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Are you sure that's a human being? I think it's a programmed robot.
This point is valid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do You Believe Jesus Will Come Back Again To Take His Saints? / Causes Of Atheism / Dress Code In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.