Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,104 members, 7,838,795 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role (17601 Views)

Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB / Policemen Demanding Money From Me Since I Won Ondo Poll — Akeredolu / Isaac Kekemeke Suspended Over Tinubu’s Endorsement In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by FreeGlobe(f): 10:20am On Dec 03, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Are you now an APC supporter of member that you now tell them what to do?

You must be high on Orijin.
Istandwithoyegun, aketi we know tongue
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by sakalisis(m): 10:21am On Dec 03, 2016
cheesy
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 03, 2016
History is about to repeat itself... remember how the afonjas betrayed their leader and the curse they got in return, it's about to happen again. This time it's the betrayal of jagaban and his curse will be like... eternity
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by bolinxman: 10:22am On Dec 03, 2016
APC may not survive this self inflicted crisis, if the crisis is not properly managed,this is just too early. Voting monetization is now a legacy to be bestowed on Nigeria's nascent democracy.Mimiko started the monetization process,but APC took it to another level in Ondo State.
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by Btruth: 10:23am On Dec 03, 2016
Though, Tinubu might be very very wrong. But I think the party should invite him and others back and work in moving the party forward. Afterall, no one is perfect. Bet, he has learn a big lesson now.
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by shugaboy6102(m): 10:29am On Dec 03, 2016
I don't care about this people any more.afterall they all colluded to install this inept and wicked govt that is anti people.
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by onatisi(m): 10:44am On Dec 03, 2016
I love my crystal ball called onatisi grin

Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by davedy(m): 10:58am On Dec 03, 2016
Only in Nigeria !!!!!!!!!
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by shegra58: 11:05am On Dec 03, 2016
AntiWailer:

And u are extremely happy since he will meet you down. grin

e never go up before undecided
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by cosade(m): 11:39am On Dec 03, 2016
SillyMods:
My sincere take in all of this:

1. Tinubu obviously tokk some wrong steps. E.g, openly attacking and asking APC Chairman Oyegun to resign. No matter how powerful he is or thinks he is, that was a step taken too far and also an insult on the president who is definitely the number one leader of the party by being the president.

2. Asking Oke to decamp to AD and asking his supporters to work for him (though alleged but he never denied it; and we saw how he refused to attend the grand rally and also prevented Aregbe and Ambode from attending).

3. PMB and Oyegun have equally not done enough to accommodate Tinubu on some of his needs/demands. This is what has caused mistrusts and divisions.

To remain one party, APC MUST NOT sanction Tinubu for whatever anti-party actions he has done in the past. Doing that will surely tear APC apart, no doubt. Instead, the president should invite Tinubu, Oyegun and other aggrieved party members to a meeting, table every issue causing misunderstanding and trash them out.

Any other way outside this is the highway to total implosion.

Bolded:

It's a well known fact that Segun Abraham was BAT's candidate in the primaries, so why would he direct Oke to join another party and not his candidate?
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by ndcide(m): 11:41am On Dec 03, 2016
Had Oke won that election, those asking for evidence of Tinubu's anti party activities would have been gloating all over the place.

Just like the plateau state governor said, Tinubus's absence are the ondo rally was inconsequential. Indeed it was.

All those talking about Tinubus's contribution, my question is, was he the only one who contributed?

What about kwankwaso and others. It is the prerogative of the party to sanction Tinubu and if it's necessary, he should be sanctioned.

Tinubu has benefited the most by having is persons as VP and other positions.

The provab says.

Let the kite perch and let the eagle
perch too – If one says no to the other, let his
wing break .”.
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by CRAPHA96(m): 11:42am On Dec 03, 2016
esuLAAROYE:
I hope thee Case of Tinubu will not be like that of Rotimi Amaechi and the 7 PDP governors that left for APC then..

The APC and Pres Buhari must accommodate the ugly and beautiful of Tinubu to avoid breakup. That Baba was/is the reason why Pres Buhari is the President today. If you bite the finger that feed you today, then that finger will be injured to put food in your mouth tomorrow. I suggest they make peace with him.
SHATAPPPPP...IS IT TINUBU THAT CANT EVEN WIN A LGA IN ONDO.....EDUCATED ILLITERATE

He has a handful of supporters who are always ready to follow him to anywhere including hell if he's ready to move on. Where was Oyegun when Tinubu was doing the negotiation. I think I remember that it was Tinubu who installed him as the party chairman too. A river who forget it source will dry up.

APC, a word is enough for a wise
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by CRAPHA96(m): 11:45am On Dec 03, 2016
StOla:
Tinubu!

APC troubles started the day Buhari decided not to commit to deciding who would emerge as the leaders in the Senate and HOR.

While 50 APC Senators were waiting to see a president who was sleeping at the appointed time, Saraki with about 8 APC Senators and PDP senators conspired to deny his own fellow party Senators the privileged to cast their very 1st votes as elected representatives of their constituencies. Keeping in mind that the same APC had already held a party caucus mock election where Saraki had already lost to Ahmed Lawan.

Tinubu had already compromised on his preferred candidates of Sen George Akume and Hon Femi Gbajabiamila, who were the opposition APC leaders in the previous dispensation, and by right should have been elevated to the top position in the different chambers of the National Assembly - being the party with majority. Tinubu directed Akume to team up as deputy to Lawan, in deference to what was assumed the presidency preference for Ahmed Lawan.

Till today, the sleeping Buhari has refused to wake up to his responsibilities as the party leader, and no disciplinary action has been taken against Saraki and his supporting APC senators.

Oyegun as party chairman has also remained so useless and not commanding any iota of respect or authority from the rank and file of APC elected officials.

Next is the Kogi debacle that arose after Audu's death. Yahaya Bello was widely known to have been a supporter of Idris Wada of PDP, after Bello lost the APC ticket to Audu. Both Audu and Idris are Igala from the same senatorial zone, but a very popular Yahaya Bello ensured that even his own polling unit in the Ebira senatorial zone was won by Idris Wada of PDP. It is significant to note that as the 2nd runner up to Audu in the APC primaries, Yahaya Bello never attended any of the campaign rallies of candidate Abubakar Audu and running mate James Faleke, not even the ones held in his Ebira senatorial zone.

So after APC had won the election inconclusively, and had lost in Yahaya Bello's polling unit to PDP, the same anti-party Yahaya Bello was called upon to carry the party's banner in the contest over a mere 13,000 leftover votes upon Audu's demise, in preference over a running mate Jame Faleke who won his polling unit and senatorial zone for the party, and who actually campaigned for the success of the party.
Still Buhari was sleeping, and Oyegun remained useless. Anti-party activities was rewarded with an already won governorship.

Now, Ondo state primaries. Tinubu had his interest as other players had theirs too. Tinubu decides he will not support the same Akeredolu he brought to political limelight 4years earlier. Rotimi Akerodolu, SAN, was previously NBA national president, but without any political worth until Tinubu put his midas touch on him. Tinubu decides again to support another politically unknown person called Segun Abraham, Akeredolu and his team cried foul over Tinubu's support for another candidate, forgetting he was supported over others 4years ago.

What was expected was a fair primary where Tinubu's candidate would slug it out with other political interests candidates. Tinubu's candidate lost to Akeredolu and as 2nd runner up had conceded and congratulated Akeredolu, but withdrew his concession when facts emerged from the Boroffice and Oke camps that the Akeredolu camp had tampered with the delegates composition for the conducted primaries.

The party organ to review such complaints had found the accusations to be true and recommended a new primary election, useless Oyegun finally because useful in the truncation of party internal democracy, and rather ratified the fraudulent primary and confirmed Akeredolu an SAN and former NBA National President, as the winner in a fraud.

Tinubu withdrew his support and resources, and had his own candidate Abraham accept his fate in a jaundiced democratic party. Oke went on to decamp to AD to contest. President Buhari as party leader continued to sleep.

Luckily, the PDP regime of Mimiko was so terrible that even votes lost to Oke of AD, did not prevent APC from wining a PDP whose campaign promise was to finally pay the workers salary that they owed.
Tinubu immediately congratulated the winner he brought to political limelight, the party he helped form, the useless party chairman he brought into office, and the sleeping president he helped assume office. Tinubu craftily addressed president Buhari as the leader of the party. This was a deliberate admonition to the president to stop sleeping and take control of the party and stop being a spectator as APC falls apart under the leadership of a weak and useless party chairman who has refused to enforce party discipline, conduct the party convention for election into party leadership positions, and maintain the democratic ideals of the party.
GO AND JUMP INTO THE LAGOON...AFTER ALL THIS ANALYSIS...TINUBU WILL CONTINUE GOING DOWN
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:54am On Dec 03, 2016
StOla:
Tinubu!

APC troubles started the day Buhari decided not to commit to deciding who would emerge as the leaders in the Senate and HOR.

While 50 APC Senators were waiting to see a president who was sleeping at the appointed time, Saraki with about 8 APC Senators and PDP senators conspired to deny his own fellow party Senators the privileged to cast their very 1st votes as elected representatives of their constituencies. Keeping in mind that the same APC had already held a party caucus mock election where Saraki had already lost to Ahmed Lawan.

Tinubu had already compromised on his preferred candidates of Sen George Akume and Hon Femi Gbajabiamila, who were the opposition APC leaders in the previous dispensation, and by right should have been elevated to the top position in the different chambers of the National Assembly - being the party with majority. Tinubu directed Akume to team up as deputy to Lawan, in deference to what was assumed the presidency preference for Ahmed Lawan.

Till today, the sleeping Buhari has refused to wake up to his responsibilities as the party leader, and no disciplinary action has been taken against Saraki and his supporting APC senators.

Oyegun as party chairman has also remained so useless and not commanding any iota of respect or authority from the rank and file of APC elected officials.

Next is the Kogi debacle that arose after Audu's death. Yahaya Bello was widely known to have been a supporter of Idris Wada of PDP, after Bello lost the APC ticket to Audu. Both Audu and Idris are Igala from the same senatorial zone, but a very popular Yahaya Bello ensured that even his own polling unit in the Ebira senatorial zone was won by Idris Wada of PDP. It is significant to note that as the 2nd runner up to Audu in the APC primaries, Yahaya Bello never attended any of the campaign rallies of candidate Abubakar Audu and running mate James Faleke, not even the ones held in his Ebira senatorial zone.

So after APC had won the election inconclusively, and had lost in Yahaya Bello's polling unit to PDP, the same anti-party Yahaya Bello was called upon to carry the party's banner in the contest over a mere 13,000 leftover votes upon Audu's demise, in preference over a running mate Jame Faleke who won his polling unit and senatorial zone for the party, and who actually campaigned for the success of the party.
Still Buhari was sleeping, and Oyegun remained useless. Anti-party activities was rewarded with an already won governorship.

Now, Ondo state primaries. Tinubu had his interest as other players had theirs too. Tinubu decides he will not support the same Akeredolu he brought to political limelight 4years earlier. Rotimi Akerodolu, SAN, was previously NBA national president, but without any political worth until Tinubu put his midas touch on him. Tinubu decides again to support another politically unknown person called Segun Abraham, Akeredolu and his team cried foul over Tinubu's support for another candidate, forgetting he was supported over others 4years ago.

What was expected was a fair primary where Tinubu's candidate would slug it out with other political interests candidates. Tinubu's candidate lost to Akeredolu and as 2nd runner up had conceded and congratulated Akeredolu, but withdrew his concession when facts emerged from the Boroffice and Oke camps that the Akeredolu camp had tampered with the delegates composition for the conducted primaries.

The party organ to review such complaints had found the accusations to be true and recommended a new primary election, useless Oyegun finally because useful in the truncation of party internal democracy, and rather ratified the fraudulent primary and confirmed Akeredolu an SAN and former NBA National President, as the winner in a fraud.

Tinubu withdrew his support and resources, and had his own candidate Abraham accept his fate in a jaundiced democratic party. Oke went on to decamp to AD to contest. President Buhari as party leader continued to sleep.

Luckily, the PDP regime of Mimiko was so terrible that even votes lost to Oke of AD, did not prevent APC from wining a PDP whose campaign promise was to finally pay the workers salary that they owed.
Tinubu immediately congratulated the winner he brought to political limelight, the party he helped form, the useless party chairman he brought into office, and the sleeping president he helped assume office. Tinubu craftily addressed president Buhari as the leader of the party. This was a deliberate admonition to the president to stop sleeping and take control of the party and stop being a spectator as APC falls apart under the leadership of a weak and useless party chairman who has refused to enforce party discipline, conduct the party convention for election into party leadership positions, and maintain the democratic ideals of the party.
Uncle Gbawe
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by notoriousbabe: 11:56am On Dec 03, 2016
Tinubu be like "touch not my anointed."
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:56am On Dec 03, 2016
onatisi:
I love my crystal ball called onatisi grin
Morning prophet....... when is that ani mal going to kick bucket cool
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by onatisi(m): 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

Morning prophet....... when is that ani mal going to kick bucket cool
You wicked ooooo
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by SillyMods: 12:11pm On Dec 03, 2016
cosade:

Bolded:

It's a well known fact that Segun Abraham was BAT's candidate in the primaries, so why would he direct Oke to join another party and not his candidate?
Politics of disguise. That way, it's easy for him to deceive his party and deny he's behind it. He never van deny the news report. Not once.
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by datribune: 12:24pm On Dec 03, 2016
SillyMods:
My sincere take in all of this:

1. Tinubu obviously tokk some wrong steps. E.g, openly attacking and asking APC Chairman Oyegun to resign. No matter how powerful he is or thinks he is, that was a step taken too far and also an insult on the president who is definitely the number one leader of the party by being the president.

2. Asking Oke to decamp to AD and asking his supporters to work for him (though alleged but he never denied it; and we saw how he refused to attend the grand rally and also prevented Aregbe and Ambode from attending).

3. PMB and Oyegun have equally not done enough to accommodate Tinubu on some of his needs/demands. This is what has caused mistrusts and divisions.

To remain one party, APC MUST NOT sanction Tinubu for whatever anti-party actions he has done in the past. Doing that will surely tear APC apart, no doubt. Instead, the president should invite Tinubu, Oyegun and other aggrieved party members to a meeting, table every issue causing misunderstanding and trash them out.

Any other way outside this is the highway to total implosion.

Someone had to call Oyegun out sooner or later. Oyegun tried d same stunt he pulled in Ondo in his home state of Edo where he tried to impose Chris Ogiemwonyi over d popular choice, Obaseki but didn't succeed because of d sitting Governor. dis was d reason Oyegun lost, even in his electoral ward.
Provide real proof other than conjectures dat Tinubu asked Oke to decamp to AD & asked his supporters to work for him. I personally watched on TVC what d APC supporters said which was later twisted by d media. What i heard d supporters say was dat Tinubu told them to join APC in 2013 but dat wit what has happened in d primary, they don't need him to tell them now, b4 decamping.
I'd wish dat d Jagaban, whose track record of performance while in & out of public office is not in any doubt, puts more distance between him and d fumbling PMB who has shown him, his true colours.
Imagine PMB, of all people, attempting to sow discord between Tinubu & Osinbajo by distorting d true story of how Osinbajo became VP.
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by mightycrown1(m): 12:27pm On Dec 03, 2016
FreeGlobe:
Tinubu shoould be punished. Tinubu should tender a public apology or be expelled from the party shikena

Sarrki, Hungerbad, Beremx, Antiwailer, Modath

Apo wetin? I dont think that can ever happen.
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by mightycrown1(m): 12:32pm On Dec 03, 2016
Kathmandu:
Tinubu is just going down daily

i am not seeing tinubu going down.
what i am seeing is APC gradually sinking

mark my words
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2016
Well, for me that is fine.tinubu is most relevant ex governor in Nigeria as it's stand today. Every day tinubu
Name would be mentioned on every media houses or being social media expecially. To me , he is most successful governor. Respect sir!!!!
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by ndcide(m): 12:47pm On Dec 03, 2016
cosade:

Bolded:

Because Oke was an option to align with and Mr Abraham does not have the clout to make impact with such move. We all knew Oke was the dark horse and he was almost getting it, until Rochas met with other governors and buhari to close ranks.

You people should stop twisting this thing. It was clear to all jare.
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by 7lives: 1:35pm On Dec 03, 2016
esuLAAROYE:
I hope thee Case of Tinubu will not be like that of Rotimi Amaechi and the 7 PDP governors that left for APC then..

The APC and Pres Buhari must accommodate the ugly and beautiful of Tinubu to avoid breakup. That Baba was/is the reason why Pres Buhari is the President today. If you bite the finger that feed you today, then that finger will be injured to put food in your mouth tomorrow. I suggest they make peace with him.

He has a handful of supporters who are always ready to follow him to anywhere including hell if he's ready to move on. Where was Oyegun when Tinubu was doing the negotiation. I think I remember that it was Tinubu who installed him as the party chairman too. A river who forget it source will dry up.

APC, a word is enough for a wise

Elekun n sunkun Laroye n sun eje, i dey feel you o.
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by bestpunterever: 2:16pm On Dec 03, 2016
Antiques:

Why mention me ?

I hope there is no problem.
why are you still asking if d guy has problem or not? You should know that the guy is suffering from numerical diarrhoea.
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by Topmaike007(m): 2:30pm On Dec 03, 2016
I will always stand with jagaban.. Tinubu 4 life
Re: Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role by phemmie06(m): 2:40pm On Dec 03, 2016
APC following the footsteps of PDP. Sanction Tinubu and let the boat sink patapata. No concrete evidence to use against him

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Minimum Wage: Employee Can’t Fix Figure For Employer - FG Tells Labour / Fashola Cancels Dangote’s Power Concession Deal Over Millions In Unpaid Debt / Adeosun And Gwarzo Meet Reps, Refuse To Shift Grounds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.