Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Is The Oyo State Govt Now Allowing The Indiscriminate Dumping Of Refuse? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Oyo State Govt Now Allowing The Indiscriminate Dumping Of Refuse? (391 Views)

Dirtier Lagos? Heaps Of Refuse Everywhere / Heaps Of Refuse At Lagos Island, Beside Lagos Central Mosque (Photos) / ‘Buhari’s govt now irritated, cold, hearing about Chibok Girls’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is The Oyo State Govt Now Allowing The Indiscriminate Dumping Of Refuse? by markpenk: 7:44am On Dec 03, 2016
I have recently noticed that the stretch of median strip/central reservation (the space between the roads) along the ojoo-iwo road expressway has been turned into a refuse dump.

Those areas lended some beauty and sanity to the city of Ibadan. Has the Oyo state govt decided to turn it into a landfill?

Does anyone have an idea of why the govt is doing allowing this? Surely, this is a backward step and one that's unhealthy for the residents of the city.

To the best of my knowledge, other cities are trying to eliminate their unsightly refuse dumps. Why is Oyo state going in the wrong direction? Can someone please tell Gov. Ajimobi that this is definitively anti-growth and paints the city/state in a bad light?

Anyone care to comment?
Re: Is The Oyo State Govt Now Allowing The Indiscriminate Dumping Of Refuse? by herzern1(m): 7:46am On Dec 03, 2016
I live at IITA,So,I can relate.....

I think the Government is tired.....Whenever they pack and clean those places....The People will not stop dumpinq refuse......They dump it very early in the morninq around 4:30am.....So it's difficult for Government to stop them.....

It is also at Ojoo to UI expressway.....

(1) (Reply)

Bill To Establish Christian Court Passes Second Reading By Lustychima / BREAKING: Dozens Killed, Wounded After Church Roof Collapses In Nigeria / BREAKING: Twin Explosions Rock Maiduguri, Many Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.