Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,858 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Bill To Regulate Entreprenuers Passes Second Reading In Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill To Regulate Entreprenuers Passes Second Reading In Senate (727 Views)

Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading / Bill To Regulate Arbitrary Bank Charges Passes Second Reading / Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bill To Regulate Entreprenuers Passes Second Reading In Senate by delvinmaya(m): 10:10pm On Dec 03, 2016
Reading this particular piece of news was shocking to me. When exactly did we agree to regulate ideas in this country? Why would they even think to establish a chartered body for entrepreneurs and why would entrepreneurs be regulated? Lets be factual with ourselves, fighting the passage of this bill supersedes even the fight for data. What this means is that young and upcoming entrepreneurs will need to be monitored. Am guessing the modus operandi would be for the institute to invite you for an interview, and if they think your idea wont work, your dreams are crushed. Sincerely, this Assembly do not have the masses at heart, neither do they want the young and upcoming to grow. Imagine if this institute were to have been established way back before or Hotels.ng or interswitch. Lets us fight this

@lalasticala, i dont know if this is the right section, kindly help out

1 Like

Re: Bill To Regulate Entreprenuers Passes Second Reading In Senate by ChimaAdeoye: 10:28pm On Dec 03, 2016
[size=13pt]The Fulani guys are seriously plotting how to pauperize Nigerians and control everything.

Notice that Buhari only invited Dangote to use the avenue of "Federal Government" to get favorable investment deals from Morocco. The question is "Is Dangote the only business man in Nigeria?" NO

I have said it and will repeat, the more we allow these infringements, the more we will wake up someday and find we have been caged in a jail.

Let us call these crazy attempts by their true name and fight those behind them openly in the streets and everywhere.

It's either this country is free for all, or it must disintegrate no matter what.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Bill To Regulate Entreprenuers Passes Second Reading In Senate by spinna: 10:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
"you're guessing" why don't u find out your facts before reporting.
Re: Bill To Regulate Entreprenuers Passes Second Reading In Senate by delvinmaya(m): 10:38pm On Dec 03, 2016
spinna:
"you're guessing" why don't u find out your facts before reporting.

My dear brother, as you can see, that is the official twitter handle of the Senate. Also, you actually do not need Primary 4 level of education to understand the meaning of regulate. So just in case you do not know the meaning of regulate, you could try to google it
Re: Bill To Regulate Entreprenuers Passes Second Reading In Senate by Blue3k(m): 10:51pm On Dec 03, 2016
Weird law don't they already have that power. Why set up a new committee. Why do these guys seek to over regulated an already economicly unfree place like nigeria.
Re: Bill To Regulate Entreprenuers Passes Second Reading In Senate by Sibrah: 11:04pm On Dec 03, 2016
What aspect of entrepreneurship are they regulating? Could it be the bloggers giving them hard time?
Re: Bill To Regulate Entreprenuers Passes Second Reading In Senate by maestro2000(m): 7:48am On Dec 04, 2016
ChimaAdeoye:
[size=13pt]The Fulani guys are seriously plotting how to pauperize Nigerians and control everything.

Notice that Buhari only invited Dangote to use the avenue of "Federal Government" to get favorable investment deals from Morocco. The question is "Is Dangote the only business man in Nigeria?" NO

I have said it and will repeat, the more we allow these infringements, the more we will wake up someday and find we have been caged in a jail.

Let us call these crazy attempts by their true name and fight those behind them openly in the streets and everywhere.

It's either this country is free for all, or it must disintegrate no matter what.
[/size]

In as much as you're on point about dangote not being the only man or business man in Nigeria, this has been going on for like ever. Don't forget obasanjo started this when he impose rice importation and allow only dangote to import, don't forget the ban and tax imposed on cement production and importation that only the same said man has the license to operate without tax. Don't forget the sacks of rice that was brought to the floor of the Senate (which contains money) to bribe for a stupid bill to be passed in his favor. And don't forget this occurred even during the time of Yaradua, and goodluck Jonathan.

Let's just accept the fact that this man knows his onions around the corridor of power that's why I am not surprised to see femi otedola clinching on to him.

Do not forget that dangote was right inside the aso rock with Jonathan when the election results start coming in, and he took off when it's glaring that Jonathan lost. He is just playing his game and he has all the legislootors in all the geopolitical zones in Nigeria his traits remind me of Carlos slim.

He has a telecommunications license that he bought for 500million dollars and till date it's not operating but he is making profits from it.

Until you and I stop bringing our complaint and wars to nairaland or Facebook And actually start standing up for our right and take the fight to the real world and stop fighting a virtual war, this man will keep on making billions and get away with it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Not Indivisible, Niger Delta Groups Replied Gov Wike. / Why I Am Happy Muhammed Buhari Is The President Of Nigeria Today / US Govt Making Moves To Resolve N-delta Crisis —consul-general

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.