Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,561 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin (9613 Views)

MPN, APC Trade Words Over Akeredolu’s 'lack Of Achievements' As Ondo Governor / Uche Secondus Thanks God At Altar After Taking Over As PDP Chairman In Abuja / President Buhari Meets With PDP, APC Leaders In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by wiloy2k8(m): 2:50am On Dec 04, 2016
Governor Nyesom Wike has suddenly developed penchant for wearing dark goggles to campaign rallies of his Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, ahead of the December 10 rerun elections in Rivers State. Not many around the governor could explain this sudden love for the dark glasses.

But it is clear the governor has no ‘apollo’, a seasonal eye infection that comes with harmattan. But the question of whether the governor will drop the goggles after the elections or not is an issue for another day. Meantime, the atmosphere is already charged in the state with many saying that the two main contenders in the polls are Wike and his predecessor who is now Minister of Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi. The elections means much to the governor because he needs victory to have a firmer grip of the state House of Assembly and also be able to air his views and promote his party positions through lawmakers from the state at the National Assembly. For Amaechi, he wants a win to make a strong statement before his All Progressive Congress, APC, particularly at the national level that he is not a noisy politician without capacity to deliver the party in Rivers.

How the elections go on Saturday will determine finally if the state is truly PDP or if there is hope for the APC to make incursions into the state in the 2019 general elections.

The two top contending political parties, the PDP and APC, have been engaged in mudslinging, wild accusations and allegations around issues of plot to rig the elections. Wike fired the first shot when he accused the police and the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC of conniving with the APC to rig the elections.

He said the electoral body had handed Amaechi result sheets of the exercise at a secret meeting in Abuja, a statement Amaechi and INEC flatly denied. But the governor insisted there was alleged plot to rig the elections. According to him, part of the rigging plan by the police allegedly include allocation of more of its men to leaders of the APC to intimidate the electorate on the election day.

He spoke in Omoku, headquarters of Ogba Egbema Ndoni local government area while flagging-off the rehabilitation of the General Hospital in the area, charging the electorate to resist every form of intimidation on election day. Chairman of the PDP in Rivers, Mr Felix Obuah, also in a statement, claimed to have uncovered a plot by the police to arrest him ahead of the elections over trump up charges. Meantime, when contacted, the state Police Commissioner, Mr Francis Odesanya, dismissed the allegations levelled against his command as untrue, stressing that his men will conduct themselves professionally during the exercise in all parts of Rivers.

He also said it was not true that the police had sealed a deal to assist any of the political parties to rig the elections. Separately, the APC accused Wike of blackmailing various institutions ahead of the elections with an intention to divert attention from APC rigging plans. Publicity Secretary of the party, Mr Chris Finebone, said the governor had used police, in the past, to rig elections, stressing that this time there would be no room for such. “With less than two weeks to the legislative rerun elections in Rivers State, Gov. Nyesom Wike appears to have thrown all caution to the wind as he goes berserk and launches a campaign of blackmail on everyone, especially the APC, INEC and the Nigeria Police”, Finebone said.

Separately, a former Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Austin Opara, has allayed fears over the rerun elections, saying the electorate will overwhelmingly vote the PDP to reward Wike for his infrastructural and human resources development initiatives in the state. Besides, he said Wike, a former ALGON Chairman, DG of Amaechi Campaign Organisation and Minister of State (Education), is a master planner and strategist with enormous grassroots appeal who knows how to win elections in Rivers because he understands the political temperament of the people.

According to him, Wike’s giant development strides have not only given the state a new lease of life, but also restored the confidence of the long-suffering people of the oil-rich state in government. His performance as governor and popularity among electorate in the state would clinch all the legislative seats to be contested in the forthcoming rerun, he said. “Not only has Wike fulfilled his electoral promises to the people, as at today, PDP occupies the 23 councils, all the 25 declared House of Assembly and three declared House of Representatives seats. With the above record, you would agree that no force on earth could truncate PDP’s victory. Even the opposition knows it, hence they want to scuttle the election,” Opara said.

The former Deputy Speaker, who spoke in Port Harcourt when members of the Coalition of Rivers Patriots paid him a courtesy visit, advised the All Progressives Congress (APC) to forget the rerun elections. “Rivers people are not fools. They know who their friends are.

They have never had it this good. The dividends of democracy that they could not get under eight years of Rotimi Amaechi have come to them under two years of Wike’s administration. Our people are not ingrates, they do not forget so easily. They have assured us that come December 10, they would troop out and vote the PDP all the way. No level of intimidation by the APC-led Federal Government can sway the people as they have vowed to give maximum support to the governor as he leads the PDP to victory.

Wike has done enough to win the hearts and confidence of the Rivers People,” he declared. He commended the governor for embarking on the construction of several road networks in Etche, Okrika, Andoni, Ikwerre, Emohua, describing Governor Wike’s strides as uncommon and people-oriented, culminating in the relative security of lives and properties in the state. Meanwhile, the Rivers State Elders Consultative Council has described the amnesty programme embarked upon by the Rivers government as fruitful and timely.

http://digestng.com/2016/12/04/six-days-rivers-rerun-polls-uneasy-calm-pdp-apc-trade-claims-rigging-plans/

Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by Atiku2019: 3:01am On Dec 04, 2016
Rivers State cry cry

But

I Stand With Tinubu smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

#Atiku2019

1 Like

Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by Horlufemi(m): 3:22am On Dec 04, 2016
Matter riggers
Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by Nobody: 5:00am On Dec 04, 2016
Wetin concern with this politician self? Am voting whether the devil like it or not. EXCLUDING MAGNUS ABE, I see no other formidable candidate to curtail the excess of the wailing Emperor...am just going to vote LP candidate

1 Like

Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 04, 2016
APC gon finally win cry
Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by mcmurphy132(m): 8:57am On Dec 04, 2016
satin concern us
Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by Godprotectigbo2(f): 8:57am On Dec 04, 2016
grin. I stand with buhar grin
Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by Mrsugoeb60: 9:02am On Dec 04, 2016
Hmm
Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by OnichaIgbo(m): 9:05am On Dec 04, 2016
Nonsense, let the Election pass abeg!

Make una make sure say una no carry corps members life play o! Yeye politicians!

Even Abe wey never sponsor any bill for him life still dey fight for senatorial seat.

2 Likes

Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by Ikpewe: 9:15am On Dec 04, 2016
They master wailer will fail woefully mark my word.

1 Like

Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by klax(m): 9:21am On Dec 04, 2016
So APC still bent on to destroy and kill the remaining souls in River State

Anyway I blame the people of the state honestly their stupidity knows no boundary.

I said it and I'm still saying River people get rid of Amaechi by all means I mean every means he is the last bastard in your soil failure to do so you will ends up a subject to the bloody failure called Dullardhino the way the Ondo state fell stupidly to fulani control and Aketi now pitch Jo's tent on fulani side and start attacking his fellow kinsmen in what no fulani or hausa will never do for any reason party or no party.

I said it long ago get rid of Amaechi or no peace in that state and region. Really sorry for you guys honestly more blood is about to spill again and yet your stinky brain could not tell you enough is enough isn't Ok nah they are coming again to kill more and blame wike but I still don't know how APC want to win River or any SS with no death trade and blood everywhere it's like PDP want to forcefully take over Lagos it's not possible I mean impossible orelse blood will flow.

APC stay off SS let them be you took over all North no one bothers what do you want in SS if not blood business and you are planning to rig the election and you think it will work. Wike please I beg you fight them to finish if even it will end your zone declare independence I will support you I hate APC and Amaechi disgust me like pooh maggot.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by MargeH: 9:21am On Dec 04, 2016
So
Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 04, 2016
Every election in Rivers state will always be tagged Wike Vs Ameachi undecided

OK o the score line is already 1:0 grin
Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by GoldenJAT(m): 9:57am On Dec 04, 2016
klax:

Anyway I blame the people of the state honestly their stupidity knows no boundary.

I said it and I'm still saying River people get rid of Amaechi by all means I mean every means he is the last bastard in your soil failure to do so you will ends up a subject to the bloody failure called Dullardhino the way the Ondo state fell stupidly to fulani control and Aketi now pitch Jo's tent on fulani side and start attacking his fellow kinsmen in what no fulani or hausa will never do for any reason party or no party.

I said it long ago get rid of Amaechi or no peace in that state and region. Really sorry for you guys honestly more blood is about to spill again and yet your stinky brain could not tell you enough is enough isn't Ok nah they are coming again to kill more and blame wike but I still don't know how APC want to win River or any SS with no death trade and blood everywhere it's like PDP want to forcefully take over Lagos it's not possible I mean impossible orelse blood will flow.

APC stay off SS let them be you took over all North no one bothers what do you want in SS if not blood business and you are planning to rig the election and you think it will work. Wike please I beg you fight them to finish if even it will end your zone declare independence I will support you I hate APC and Amaechi disgust me like pooh maggot.
wanna hear d truth??urs is 1 of d most stupid comment av ever come across...its disgusting and devoid of any meaningful substance!!!u no try at all...u r 1 problem nigeria is facing.

7 Likes

Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by Sasuwa(f): 9:58am On Dec 04, 2016
mhm smh
Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by bkool7(m): 9:59am On Dec 04, 2016
These SS ppl are just too violent. Why do politicians want to impose themselves on ppl?

Election was held in Ondo ,no violence, no noise and the candidates conceded. But these ppl must win by crook ...
Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by Gerad223: 10:02am On Dec 04, 2016
These people too rig.
Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 04, 2016
klax:

Grow up boy!

3 Likes

Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 04, 2016
If it's a free and fair election, APC won't win a seat in Rivers State, of course Wike knows they will want to rig and this will make him up his game...non of them is a saint.

1 Like

Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 04, 2016
its everytime they are doing election in rivers state. inec should kuku relocate their headoffice to rivers
Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by Ike4God: 10:33am On Dec 04, 2016
Receive Sense !!!!!
Those who fought to make him President now realize how bad a product they sold to Nigerians.
For those who voted for him,I understand that you were naive, it's ok ! You were probably not impressed with Jonathan and I understand.
To those who still defend whatever he does,I understand too, you are ashamed of what people will say if you start criticizing him so you have chosen to remain in bondage . I sincerely understand you . may God comfort you!
To the millions of my friends in Northern Nigeria who thought the Buhari Presidency was bye bye to hunger and poverty in the North, accept my deepest condolences. It is well!
If I may ask, will you still vote APC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by autonomous22: 10:52am On Dec 04, 2016
We d rivers ppl we can't wait to vote PDP in...... make I hear say APC win any ward.

2 Likes

Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by aguiyi2: 11:03am On Dec 04, 2016
Wike goes about spewing propaganda in the state while people are relocating to safer states.I wonder why Rivers people sold their soul to such a person for money that they are not even seeing now.Amechi might be bad, but Wike represents all that is wrong about governance in Nigeria.Every thing to him is fight, no wonder he is a nobody in National politics.

1 Like

Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by tosima(m): 11:24am On Dec 04, 2016
kpagm
Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by franchuks(m): 11:30am On Dec 04, 2016
Quite sad
Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by Ojikutumemu: 11:53am On Dec 04, 2016
Foolssssss abound every where
klax:

2 Likes

Re: Six Days To Rivers Rerun Polls: Uneasy Calm As Pdp, Apc Trade Claims Over Riggin by kassy777: 12:45pm On Dec 04, 2016
klax:

I am not from Rivers state but let me warn here that if you are river person reading this post that if you go and sleep and allow Buhari win through Amaechi, the spirit of we your supporters will never forgive you. We are praying every day for you. We are behind you. Work very hard. Do not go and sleep after voting. Carry your food, your water etc. along with you. Do not allow Buhari win through Amaechi. I repeat if you allow them to win this election, infact, infact infact. Look eh, me and others of your supporters will be hangry. Remember the last general elections, all millions of votes were given enblock to Buhari. Not even one void, or cancel votes . You better fight to finish this time.
Buhari has completed plan in conjunction with nnpc to buy crude from outside Nigeria to service Kaduna and other nearby states after they have emptied and damaged your region. Be wise. I mean what am saying. I will personally go on fasting. Any attempts to rig the rivers out and give it apc, will never succeed. Amen.
If you are supporter of river state, start to pray.
I may be banned but I have not told lies. All I have said is the Godly truth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra Guber: I’m Not In APC – Soludo Denies Vying For Ticket / Two Arab President Storm Nnamdi Kanu House PICS / Osinbajo: FG To Restructure SME Loans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.