Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead (33284 Views)

Before Bola Ahmed Tinubu Became Governor What Was His Occupation / Photos From Bola Kuforiji Olubi's Burial / BREAKING: Former Minister, Kuforiji-olubi Reportedly Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by YaksonFCA(m): 2:15pm On Dec 04, 2016
RIP
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by Vanessa88(f): 2:23pm On Dec 04, 2016
Rip ma

2 Likes

Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by okowande(f): 2:27pm On Dec 04, 2016
notoriousbabe:
okowande,nje o ba mi ri obowunmi?
Google obowun e now? Je kin nba e pe, obowunmi o! obowumi oo!! ooobbbooowwuummiiii oooooooo!!! LOLZZZZZ
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by madjune(m): 2:37pm On Dec 04, 2016
This woman was an Amazon to the core.

In the 80s, she dominated the news airwaves...so proud of her.
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 04, 2016
RIP
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 04, 2016
okowande:
This girl can lie. you wey dem nver born. u pple shd not mnd her, am sure she jus want to impress us wit her mother's comment. yeye fowl. who dash you suscription n App as at dat time. mk una see d sitting room of who dey open shit yansh dey yarn okpata. will you shut d Bleep up?

Kids everywhere
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by 2n2k(m): 2:43pm On Dec 04, 2016
StOla:
Heard she really liked younger guys. She was an old school cougar in the banking sector.

A great banker nonetheless, who broke the glass ceilings.

She was compelled to apologize to Nigerian students who held her hostage on a condolence visit to the Abiola family in July 1998, for the role she played if any, in the Abacha regime.

Was she really a banker? Her only relationship with banking sector was a political appointment as the non-executive Chairman of the government-owned UBA in 1984. Mutallab was the Managing Director/CEO of the bank then.

She was appointed by virtue of her being a chartered accountant but she didn't leave her substantive position as the Managing Director of VYB Industries and chairman of Bewac Plc throughout her tenure as the chairman of UBA

What then make her a great banker or a cougar in banking industry?
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by StOla: 2:55pm On Dec 04, 2016
2n2k:

Was she really a banker? Her only relationship with banking sector was a political appointment as the non-executive Chairman of the government-owned UBA in 1984. Mutallab was the Managing Director/CEO of the bank then.

She was appointed by virtue of her being a chartered accountant but she didn't leave her substantive position as the Managing Director of VYB Industries and chairman of Bewac Plc throughout her tenure as the chairman of UBA

What then make her a great banker or a cougar in banking industry?

Guy you sabi this woman wella ooo. I hope you no fall when she cougar you that year?
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by Michdear(f): 2:56pm On Dec 04, 2016
kenonze:
RIP ma
I use to hear her name on NTA network news back then.

Don't ask me "so u watch NTA" I only do that when my cable subscription expired and my bank mobile app was unable to subscribe immediately
i want to believe you are only joking,back then and there is mobile app back then?
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by arsenal33: 2:58pm On Dec 04, 2016
Memphis357:
Why not Buhari naaaaaaaaa?
I pray his own comes before 2016 ends.

Yours may come before his.

pray for yourself
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by johnsonjosbles(m): 2:58pm On Dec 04, 2016
afanide:
RIP to him.....

It is not our portion in Jesus Name o.....

Want to start EXPORTATION BUSINESS
(Bitterkola/Ginger, Cocoa Powder) etc. Get the training materials and start
making some cool dollar.

My contact is on
my signature below.....
if u cant read,cant u look at the pix to knw is she not him? ur advert is more important 2u,dat suggest u r a scarmer

3 Likes

Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by flowe247(f): 3:01pm On Dec 04, 2016
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by Funlordjnr: 3:02pm On Dec 04, 2016
grin
kenonze:
RIP ma

Don't ask me "so u watch NTA" I only do that when my cable subscription expired and my bank mobile app was unable to subscribe immediately

This man sef....so you still dey form babe for nairaland?

3 Likes

Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by afanide: 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
if u cant read,cant u look at the pix to knw is she not him? ur advert is more important 2u,dat suggest u r a scarmer

Typical nigeria man...... Every1 is a scammer 2dem.
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by Jonwesley(m): 3:32pm On Dec 04, 2016
kenonze:
RIP ma

And you still remain single? You don tey for house, de old the go. What are you waiting for?. ...... Lol, Smh.
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by Jonwesley(m): 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2016
kenonze:
RIP ma

And you still remain single? You don tey for house, de old the go. What are you waiting for?. ...... Lol, Smh. Okay you are not a babe? Why use a lady sign on?

1 Like

Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by Missmossy(f): 3:53pm On Dec 04, 2016
Awww such an icon, very intelligent woman. Rest in peace ma.

3 Likes

Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by Jafar1: 3:58pm On Dec 04, 2016
kenonze:
RIP ma

angry
kenonze:
RIP ma

hahaha oga teasha
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by dabrightt: 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2016
kenonze:
RIP ma

www.nairaland.com/3499724/6-kinds-guys-no-girl .......................... Below are some of the kinds of guys
no girl likes to date.
1. The extremely talkative guy
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by YabaLeftist: 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2016
kenonze:
RIP ma

Who ask you. No need for the confession cos guess what?

Nobody cares!
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 04, 2016
Jonwesley:

And you still remain single? You don tey for house, de old the go. What are you waiting for?. ...... Lol, Smh.

Kids everywhere
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 04, 2016
YabaLeftist:

Who ask you. No need for the confession cos guess what?

Nobody cares!
Kids everywhere
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 04, 2016
Jonwesley:

And you still remain single? You don tey for house, de old the go. What are you waiting for?. ...... Lol, Smh. Okay you are not a babe? Why use a lady sign on?

How dose that imply that am single.

Mtcheew
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by Yhelay(m): 4:57pm On Dec 04, 2016
RIP ma

Amara!!!
Which year is dat ooo
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 04, 2016
dabrightt:
www.nairaland.com/3499724/6-kinds-guys-no-girl .......................... Below are some of the kinds of guys
no girl likes to date.
1. The extremely talkative guy

U act as if u no like me.
But u keep disturbing me with PM
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by Jesusloveyou: 4:59pm On Dec 04, 2016
juman:
Death is the end of everyone.

But nigerian "leaders". dont know that.
do you also know that?
If you know, why worrying over The things of this world? And why committing sin?
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by Cjay2020(m): 5:16pm On Dec 04, 2016
kenonze:
RIP ma

its not a crime to watch NTA ...just so u know... stop forming
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by nduchucks: 5:33pm On Dec 04, 2016
RIP - First Nigerian woman to be CEO of a multinational company.

Bola Kuforiji Olubi (born September 28, 1936) is a Nigerian noblewoman, banker and former federal minister of commerce.[1]

She graduated from the University of London in 1963 with B. Sc honours in Economics. A fellow of Institute of Charted Accountants, England and Wales 1977, ICAN Nigeria 1976, British Chartered institutes of company Secretaries (ACIS 1964). Nigerian Institute of management (FMIN) 1985, British Institute of Directors.

She is a recipient of the following honours and awards: Doctor of Business administration from Enugu State University of Science and Technology, 1997, Doctor of Laws, LLD honoris causa (Latin: "for the sake of the honor"wink. Bayero University, Kano, 2004, Doctor of letter (Honoris Causa), Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye Ogun State 2006.

Other honours and awards include Federal government of Nigeria with the National award of member of the Order of the Niger in 1979, for her contributions to management education and socio- economic Advancement of Nigeria. She was conferred with the award of Order of the Niger (OON) in 2002, award of certificate of Merit by the United Nations Decade of Woman, 1980, award for Excellence from the University of Benn's Skonit Club in 1988, honorary Grammarian of CMS 1988 by CMS grammar school, award of Excellence by Brigade of Nigeria, 1992, International award of Excellence for outstanding entrepreneurial achievements, MIT, Cambridge, MA, USA. !992, a recipient of 2002 conferment award for Woman of achievements under the auspices of the Woman development centre, Abuja, 2005. Otuunba (Dr) Kuforiji Olubi holds many chieftaincy titles across Nigeria.

She was a great Nigeria. We'll miss you dearly. cry
Re: Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead by curvilicious: 5:37pm On Dec 04, 2016
kenonze:
RIP ma

Agbaya

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP / APC Plans To Upturn Supreme Court Judgement On My Election – Fayose (Video) / Polls: FG Puts Embassies, Diplomats Under Watch Over PVT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.