Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,246 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Is It Abnormal To Eat On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Abnormal To Eat On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church ? (830 Views)

What's Your Favourite Worship Song On A Sunday Morning / Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning / Is It A Sin For Christian Couples To Have Sex On Sunday Before Going To Church ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Abnormal To Eat On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church ? by mohemos: 11:45am On Dec 04, 2016
I am currently in a camp with some fellow Christians, we woke up today and I noticed everyone were getting ready for church and nobody was saying anything about eating, then I spoke and our leader said, why would you eat before going to church on Sunday?

Then I asked, why shouldn't I eat before going to church and someone implied that, spiritually is not nice but I was not convinced.

Why don't you eat before going to church on Sunday ?
Re: Is It Abnormal To Eat On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church ? by LecciGucci: 11:53am On Dec 04, 2016
Bcoz the first thing to go in and come out of ur mouth is God. cheesy

On a more serious note.
Do u know wat is called fasting?

Well that same thing u bliv fasting does for u.
Is the same thing not eating on sunday morning does for u
Re: Is It Abnormal To Eat On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church ? by mohemos: 12:07pm On Dec 04, 2016
LecciGucci:
Bcoz the first thing to go in and come out of ur mouth is God. cheesy

On a more serious note.
Do u know wat is called fasting?

Well that same thing u bliv fasting does for u.
Is the same thing not eating on sunday morning does for u

So automatically Sunday is meant for fasting abi ?
Please where did you get that notion from ?
Re: Is It Abnormal To Eat On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church ? by Florblu(f): 12:11pm On Dec 04, 2016
Exactly my thought!
But this was my conclusion
85% of Christians skips breakfast on Sundays cos of the need to be in church as early as possible
About 5%% skips breakfast cos they hate to eat early
Just 10% of Christians skips breakfast cos they wanna fast on a Sabbath day.
Hence it is not abnormal eating before going to church.Some men and women of God even take beverages before coming to Church and that doesn't mean they won't be powerfully used by God
Skipping breakfast on Sundays is gradually becoming a norm in most families especially mine where you cook before going to church but you won't be given the opportunity to eat it.
Re: Is It Abnormal To Eat On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church ? by dingbang(m): 12:25pm On Dec 04, 2016
Pls I luv to eat!
Re: Is It Abnormal To Eat On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church ? by Young03(m): 12:26pm On Dec 04, 2016
Na becos say I never see food make me no eat before church
Re: Is It Abnormal To Eat On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church ? by LecciGucci: 12:45pm On Dec 04, 2016
mohemos:

So automatically Sunday is meant for fasting abi ?
Please where did you get that notion from ?

Well sunday morning if u wana put it dat way
Re: Is It Abnormal To Eat On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church ? by oladipo322(m): 12:49pm On Dec 04, 2016
I do eat to church, only if food no dey that when I go empty stomach
Re: Is It Abnormal To Eat On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church ? by LecciGucci: 12:51pm On Dec 04, 2016
Florblu:
Exactly my thought!
But this was my conclusion
85% of Christians skips breakfast on Sundays cos of the need to be in church as early as possible
About 5%% skips breakfast cos they hate to eat early
Just 10% of Christians skips breakfast cos they wanna fast on a Sabbath day.
Hence it is not abnormal eating before going to church.Some men and women of God even take beverages before coming to Church and that doesn't mean they won't be powerfully used by God
Skipping breakfast on Sundays is gradually becoming a norm in most families especially mine where you cook before going to church but you won't be given the opportunity to eat it.

Yea u can eat a light food actually.. like taking a cup of tea and maybe with snacks Depening on how long the service will take.
But if its a 2hrs-3hrs service starting from 6am.
I cant see d reason why cant forfiet dat for jst 3hrs.
Afteral some pple do take their breakfasy at 9.

Its just a little sacrifice u make for u and God.
Not obligatory though but necessary

(1) (Reply)

Mosque In A Church Premises: Can Osun Residents Confirm This? Please! / Why Many Keep Rising And Reverting To Sin After Salvation. / "We Examine Your Buttocks And Vagina Before You Join The Police Force"-Nebraska

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.