Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu (14054 Views)

We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President / DSS Report That Got Magu Rejected Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by dre11(m): 6:14am On Dec 05, 2016
Senators have asked Senate President Bukola Saraki to release the status report of the Department of State Services (DSS) on the acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu.

Daily Trust gathered yesterday that the Director General of the DSS, Lawal Daura, had transmitted the 'status report' on Magu to Saraki since October but Saraki is yet to release the letter, many weeks after.

The letter seeking Magu’s confirmation was forwarded to the Senate on June 17 this year by then Acting President Yemi Osinbajo when President Muhammadu Buhari was on leave.

But the letter which was received at Senate on June 22nd was not read on the floor of the Senate until July 14. Magu has been acting since November last year.

One of the senators expressed reservation over the non-release of the report, saying "Why and what is he holding the report for?

“People are alleging that we are trying to frustrate the corruption fight of this administration but it is not so. Let him release it now," he said.

A ranking senator, who confirmed that the DSS report was with Saraki, said “There is growing agitation among our colleagues and by this week if nothing happens, we will raise point of order on it."

He added that: “The security report should be discussed in a closed session for us to know the next line of action. For unknown reason, the Senate President has been holding this, he should let it out," he said.

Our correspondent reports that the EFCC boss has been lobbying the Senators especially the principal officers of the Senate.

Contacted, the Special Adviser Media and Publicity to Saraki, Yusuph Olaniyonu said, "I don't have information on that matter please".

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/senators-ask-saraki-to-release-dss-report-on-magu/174512.html

Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by SillyMods: 6:20am On Dec 05, 2016
Saraki and his fellow cabals are using Magu's confirmation as a bargaining power to escape EFCC's probe.

Why not do the right thing for the good of the country?

If Magu has genuine cases against him which are enough to prevent him being the EFCC boss, reveal same and reject his nomination.

And if he has no issues to prevent him from having the post, confirm him.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by Babacele: 6:22am On Dec 05, 2016
something must give way Saraki or Buhari....hmmm.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by willyo(m): 6:26am On Dec 05, 2016
One hell of a hole. (Nigeria)

2 Likes

Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by Nobody: 6:27am On Dec 05, 2016
SillyMods:
Saraki and his fellow cabals are using Magu's confirmation as a bargaining power to escape EFCC's probe.

If Magu has genuine cases against him which are enough to make him the EFCC boss, reveal same and reject his nomination.

Don't jump to conclusion yet. It is possible that DSS has submitted adverse report against Magu

13 Likes

Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 05, 2016
we all know the dss report would be against magu. but it's none of my business, dss, efcc, have lost it.

3 Likes

Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by Atiku2019: 6:51am On Dec 05, 2016
grin grin Even Ribadu diverted some forfeited properties for his personal use- Farida Waziri

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by ijustdey: 7:07am On Dec 05, 2016
this is the bargain power this senatorssinators are tying to hold on to so they would be immune from EFCC prosecution and investigation....
Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by richidinho(m): 7:21am On Dec 05, 2016
That magu magu man ehn!
Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by SillyMods: 7:25am On Dec 05, 2016
egbonnla:
Don't jump to conclusion yet. It is possible that DSS has submitted adverse report against Magu
If that be the case, let them say so and reject his nomination.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by sunmike065(m): 7:29am On Dec 05, 2016
either is against or not, why not still read it out! why holding it??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by HQuadreal: 7:58am On Dec 05, 2016
Nigeria Politics.
Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by sakalisis(m): 8:00am On Dec 05, 2016
Lol we dey wait
Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by virginboy1(m): 8:00am On Dec 05, 2016
Our politicians are USELESS to the common citizens.

Click "Like" if you agree
and share if you disagree.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 05, 2016
If u want Nigeria to scatter ,click like?

3 Likes

Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by Almand: 8:01am On Dec 05, 2016
SillyMods:

If Magu has genuine cases against him which are enough to prevent him being the EFCC boss, reveal same and reject his nomination.

everyone that had ever held a post in government of this country have a dirty did. Whether a case is looked at depends on who is calling the shot

1 Like

Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by mu2sa2: 8:01am On Dec 05, 2016
I laugh. How can Saraki who is corruption personified ever do the right thing. Check his record - from his days as director in the failed societe general bank, kwara state governor and up to now, it's scandal upon scandal running into billions upon billions of naira, dollars, pound sterling and euros as well as human blood (annual deaths in his mandate campaign office, ilorin of people scrambling for peanuts).

6 Likes

Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by victorazy(m): 8:02am On Dec 05, 2016
Babacele:

Yes!

1 Like

Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by SycophanticGoat: 8:04am On Dec 05, 2016
Why is the hunter being hunted?
Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by phoenix90(m): 8:07am On Dec 05, 2016
I wouldn't see it as a bargaining tool if there's a serious question mark on his integrity in the security report. The senators though will be ready to go for his jugular like.....

grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by petars: 8:11am On Dec 05, 2016
50/50, Buhari or DSS would hav don d sam so long is not favoring them. Saraki do as u lik because nobody is ready obey d constitution anylonger.
Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by Stalwert: 8:14am On Dec 05, 2016
Saraki is simply just a piece of shiit who thinks he can hold government to ransom
Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by Handsomecole(m): 8:14am On Dec 05, 2016
Saraki knows that he and his co-horts are nothing but criminals. Who even gives a damn!!! On that report sef??

#OrjiUzorKalu2019
Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by LordGuru1: 8:17am On Dec 05, 2016
E get one particular restaurant wey i dey go chop
for G.R.A.
E get one Oyinbo wey dey always come chop there
too...
Anytime dis Oyinbo chop finish, he go shout ''Hey'',
so I wonder wetin dey make am shout. I decided to
chop wetin d Oyinbo dey always chop so maybe
me self go shout too. When I reach d restaurant
yesterday Evening, I order wetin d Man dey chop.
Dem tell me say na chicken & Red Wine, so i chop
am finish, i no shout.
I collect extra plate, but i no still shout. I say dis
Oyinbo na mumu o, wetin dey make am shout like
dat? Na so i just vex ask for my bill. The waiter tell
me say one plate of Chicken & Red Wine na
N75,000 then d extra plate too na another
N75,000. Na then I shout hey! heyy!! heyyy!!!
heyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
yyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyy...
Up till now, I still dey shout .... No laugh alone O!
Have a wonderful day and a fulfilling week.

5 Likes

Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by Thisis2raw(m): 8:23am On Dec 05, 2016
Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by Jesusloveyou: 8:46am On Dec 05, 2016
Babacele:
rather, it will be daura or magu that will give way.
Either daura wants to cover his secret or he is fighting a good course.
Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by me69: 8:57am On Dec 05, 2016
dre11:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/senators-ask-saraki-to-release-dss-report-on-magu/174512.html

The mistake Buhari did was not cleaning up to legislature when he came on. They are obviously fighting him and those who voted for a corruption free society. But we the people can't complain if we don't help Buhari by confronting these people and shaming them.
Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by Jesusloveyou: 9:07am On Dec 05, 2016
SycophanticGoat:
Why is the hunter being hunted?
when interest clash, and
Every human must clash, that is how God created human race, even in animal kingdom

1 Like

Re: Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu by Babacele: 9:14am On Dec 05, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
rather, it will be daura or magu that will give way.
Either daura wants to cover his secret or he is fighting a good course.
But PMB seems to be wasting good f...cking time! in politics ,time can be used to turn day to darkness! don't u get? by June 2017 full political carnival would start n maybe d fever of the frenzy may not allow for any meaningful stuffs . folks just won't listen to the seeming cosmetics.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Assembly Candidate, 13 More From Labor Party Decamp To APC / PDP, Jerry Gana Will Get Proper ‘beating’ In 2019 – APC Chieftain, Rotimi Fasaki / Protesters Storm APC Sectariat, Demand Removal Of Oyegun-Led NWC (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.