Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,644 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor (847 Views)

Northern Youths Blast Dangote: "You Are A Traitor, Moral Liability To Us" / Rivers 2019: Amaechi Fights Abe, Calls Him Traitor / Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor by Silensa1234: 7:29am On Dec 05, 2016
The paramount ruler of people of Ooni, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, has expressed disappointment in Olugbo of Ugbo speech, Oba Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan, described the Yoruba heroine, Moremi, as a traitor and not worthy to be celebrated.

Ologbo of Ugbo said “Our forefathers descended from heaven that is why we are called ‘Ugbo Atorunwo.

“To set the record straight, Moremi remains a traitor. She was a slave captured by Ugbo warriors during one of their many raids on Ile-Ife.

“She became the wife of Osangangan Obamakin, the son of Oranfe, who was the paramount ruler of over 13 aboriginal communities of ancient Ugbomokun, which later came to be called Ile-Ife.is still in existence in present-day Iremo in Ile Ife.

“Oduduwa came to Ugbomokun as a stranger and was welcomed in Ilero, the aboriginal palace of Osangangan Obamakin, which is still in existence in present-day Iremo in Ile Ife.

“During the dynastic struggles, Osangangan Obamakin was directed by the oracles (Ifa and Osanyin) to leave Ile-Ife. Moremi betrayed her husband’s trust when she exposed the secret of the Ugbo warriors’ gallantry.”

While Oba Ogunwusi reacted by saying: “The attention of ILE-OODUA has been drawn to a statement credited to Oba Frederick Akinruntan through the Olugbo-in-Council berating the people of Ile-Ife for celebrating Moremi Ajasoro as a heroine and goddess of liberty.

“Olugbo’s outburst can only be viewed as a pitiable act of absurdity that doesn’t deserve serious attention by serious minded people.”

The Ooni said the Yoruba “remain very proud of the great queen Moremi Ajasoro, a brave woman who sacrificed her only son Oluorogbo for the victory of her people over the faceless terrorists who raided Ife markets.

“We will not dignify this rascality of royalty with an expected response as we are not ready for any useless supremacy battle incapable of taking Yoruba to a greater height.

“Most paramount on my mind as Ooni with the unflinching support of Baba Alaafin, Baba Awujale, Baba Alake, Baba Orangun, Baba Deji, Baba Ewi, Baba Osemawe, Baba Olubadan, Oba of Lagos and other relevant peace loving monarchs in Yorubaland and in other parts of the country is and remains the much needed progress of Yoruba nation.

“This can only be catalysed by peace and unity. This has necessitated my unimaginable barrier-breaking unity visits I have been taking around not only in Yorubaland but also across Nigeria and internationally.

“These activities in the last one year are enough to attest to my personality as a king of peace.

“It is a pity that at this time when everybody is tired of retrogressive royal discord generally agreed to have colossally hindered our pace of progress as a people of common heritage politically and socio-economically, the Olugbo, who claims to be the chairman of Yoruba Obas Committee on Peace and Reconciliation, has suddenly, without a deep knowledge of Yoruba history, woken up to see royal controversy as the only tool for cheap publicity.

“As Ooni, I am not interested in joining issues with Oba Akinruntan or anyone on any matter that can jeopardise our peace and unity project which is already making impact in so many sectors, including youth development, women empowerment, cultural tourism, agricultural revolution, unification of our elders and traditional rulers, to mention but a few.

“We, therefore, urge every lover of peace and unity in Africa to ignore any reckless statement capable of further dividing us.

“They should rather see the author of such statement as a person who poses a danger to our peaceful coexistence.

“Yoruba must remain united, Nigeria must remain united, Africa must remain united and the entire black worldwide must remain united because we are one before the Almighty God.”

http://guruspotblog..com.ng/2016/12/ooni-slams-olugbo-of-ugbo-for-comments.html

Re: Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor by Jafar1: 7:32am On Dec 05, 2016
AFONJAS AND BETRAYERS

5 &6

na dem always fighting themseves

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor by teekay213(m): 7:38am On Dec 05, 2016
afonjas always fighting themselves.
Re: Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 05, 2016
[size=18pt] Káá bí ran [/size]
Re: Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor by koladebrainiac(m): 7:42am On Dec 05, 2016
I love Yoruba heritage n history.

Ooni should not condemn the account of Olugbo. Everybody has their own side of the story.
To Ile-ife n most yoruba,Moremis did heroic things- she is patriot
But from the account of those people she conquered ,she is their villain.

In war,nobody is right,only who is left.

Thats why war is not the best solution to ending peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor by koladebrainiac(m): 7:43am On Dec 05, 2016
Jafar1:
AFONJAS AND BETRAYERS

5 &6
We have history. Where is ur history flat head?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 05, 2016
That your leader fell from heaven with calabash and fowl na history? I think oduduwa was the Biblical, satanic Fallen Angel sent down from Heaven by God for his Anti-Heaven politics.

Yoruba's always in-fighting eachother. Awolowo Versus Akintola. Tinubu versus Fayemi/Fashola, Ooni of Ife versus olugbo of Uugbo. Useless people.

Lalasticlala abeg u never brush finish? This news is well detailed and carried by Punch even. Frontpage mbok. Afonja's don tire me. Confused lots.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor by koladebrainiac(m): 7:49am On Dec 05, 2016
Afonjas have history n tradition.
The only history i know of those Flat heads are the books written by Chinua Achebe. About ikemefuna n there was a country.

I wish they have history like Afonjas so we can do some cross references.

Thats. Why i love benin n Afonjas story. They they have so many compelling story n history that historian n archaeologist would study for generations

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor by Jafar1: 7:49am On Dec 05, 2016
koladebrainiac:
We have history. Where is ur history flat head?
Mr straight head

Re: Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 05, 2016
whatever rocks your boat....battle of intra-ethnic supremacy is the least worries of the world.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor by Mynd44: 7:53am On Dec 05, 2016
Re: Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor by koladebrainiac(m): 7:56am On Dec 05, 2016
Jafar1:

Mr straight head
Na flat head be that now.
Lmaooo.
Typical igbo head

1 Like

Re: Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor by IkpuMmadu: 7:59am On Dec 05, 2016
Vessi:
That your leader fell from heaven with calabash and fowl na history? I think oduduwa was the Biblical, satanic Fallen Angel sent down from Heaven by God for his Anti-Heaven politics.

Yoruba's always in-fighting eachother. Awolowo Versus Akintola. Tinubu versus Fayemi/Fashola, Ooni of Ife versus olugbo of Uugbo. Useless people.

Lalasticlala abeg u never brush finish? This news is well detailed and carried by Punch even. Frontpage mbok. Afonja's don tire me. Confused lots.

Dem.no dey shame....they should be ashamed of themselves and their kings are funny. Always infighting with mouths and ranckors.
Re: Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor by IkpuMmadu: 8:00am On Dec 05, 2016
koladebrainiac:
Afonjas have history n tradition.
The only history i know of those Flat heads are the books written by Chinua Achebe. About ikemefuna n there was a country.

I wish they have history like Afonjas so we can do some cross references.

Thats. Why i love benin n Afonjas story. They they have so many compelling story n history that historian n archaeologist would study for generations

History....who cares about the past..we are taking about the present and future. Maybe you live in the past

Wish you well sir
Re: Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor by koladebrainiac(m): 8:13am On Dec 05, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

History....who cares about the past..we are taking about the present and future. Maybe you live in the past

Wish you well sir
Heya.
You wont understand what benefit is the past to the future.
Re: Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor by TimeManager(m): 8:15am On Dec 05, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Wish you well sir
Nyanmiris have no sense of history. Little wonder they are a lost sheep.
Truth is mine!

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor by TimeManager(m): 8:18am On Dec 05, 2016
koladebrainiac:

Heya.
You wont understand what benefit is the past to the future.
Na oyinbo dey tell them their history about how they were found wandering about unclad in the thick forest.. Nyanmiri has no sense of history, don't be surprised.
Truth is mine!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor by Godprotectigbo2(f): 8:24am On Dec 05, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor by Benjom(m): 8:25am On Dec 05, 2016
Let the gods be.
Re: Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor by Nutase: 8:38am On Dec 05, 2016
Re: Ooni Slams Olugbo Of Ugbo For Comments On Moremi,that Moremi Is Traitor by Alfranco(m): 8:42am On Dec 05, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Wish you well sir

Every nation in this world that moved forward knew their past. You don't build a future without a reference on the past. You must know where you're coming from. The English, Germans, French, the true Jews, the Chinese...all had a glowing historical pasts their folks are proud of. The French like the Yorubas acknowledged the heroics of Joan of Arc. The past is sacred foundation of the future. Peace to you bro...

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Remains Resolute, Fearless No Matter The Cost – IPOB / The Greatest Fear Of Hausa Fulani And Yorubas / Like Buhari, Like Akufo Addo. Ghana's New President In Plagiarism Mess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.