Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,187 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour (31923 Views)

Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her / I Killed My Neighbour For Disrespecting My Father [photo] / Aliyu Giwa: "How My Friend Was Set Up For Dumping His Cheating Girlfriend" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Kenfil(f): 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
zumarock9:
Either aresst her
Or u pack out. What did i say pack out.
Those guys coming back is imminent. Boss run.

Gbam!!!! Was gonna tell him same.... leave immediately, lodge in a hotel and start lookingredients for another place to live ie if u value ur life

I dnt want to come bck here and read story were they die body
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by sorepco(m): 10:56pm On Dec 05, 2016
Dont confront her. She might get u killed 2 cover her tracks...
Let it be n avoid her like a plahue
Bin ur atm card. If possible move houses!! She is a vultist/gang banger

My problem now is, should I confront Sandra d tell her I know what happened or should I just let it slide? Since that day she's been trying to cozy up to me, but the more she tries the more I become worried and wary.
Lalasticlala[/quote]

1 Like

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:24pm On Dec 05, 2016
Sandra and her gang are not done yet with you. They are coming back to finish the business because you have presented yourself as one soft guy with some cool doles in his pocket.

You must have given yourself away to Sandra during one of the 'small talks' you had with her. You sound as if Sandra is not your type of a lady but the truth is that you nursed the intention of taking her to bed. Sandra is a smart girl-omo igboro.She read your mind and set you up man!

If your 'back up' is not tight and you confront that girl with your facebook evidence,those guys will make that area extremely hot for you to live in.

Your best bet is the police-report what happened and relocate as soon as possble.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 05, 2016
xendra:
lipsrsealed
xendra..... oops! i thought its you sandra .... let me just keep shut..
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by dantori(m): 12:12am On Dec 06, 2016
7Alexander:
What you are about to read happened to me last week, I just had to bring it here, because the more I try to wrap my head around it, the more questions comes to mind.

About a month ago I moved to another city, but considering its a totally different culture, I have just been gradually trying to settle in. So, on Tuesday Last week, I noticed a plumbing issue in my room, for which I went to seek the caretaker who lives within the compound. I later found him in one of the rooms trying to fix some things for another new tenant who I will refer to as Sandra henceforth. I laid my complaints to the man and briefly spoke with Sandra who told me aje was an undergraduate.

About an hour later, the caretaker came to my room to checkout the problem I was having, Sandra came with him, and as we were making small talks, she walked into my kitchen and pointed out that my pots and other cooking utensils were still new and unused, then i told her I haven't started cooking because I don't know my way around yet, so I haven't been to the market. She then offered to go to the market with me whenever I was ready.

The next day being Wednesday I made a list of things to buy, among which were some packaged and canned foods, for this we went to a mall. After picking the items, we had to join the queue at the payment point, while there, I remembered some things which I needed but haven't included in my list, so I handed over my ATM card to Sandra and gave her the PIN considering it was almost our turn in the queue, then went to pick those things. Now, I did this because, I didn't want a situation where after paying for the original items, I will have to join a fresh queue with the new items. Although I came back just as she was about to pay, so I was able to include the new items, we laid and left. Suffice to say that I had her pick one or two things for herself.

On getting home, I immediately went to an ATM and changed my PIN, just to be safe.

Two days later, Sandra came to my room sound 7:15pm telling me she wanted to go buy relaxer and shampoo but as its getting dark that she can't go alone, and she asked that I come with her, I obliged, as you would expect.

After buying the shampoo, we started heading home. Now, there are two possible routes home, the sandy road which was nearer and the tarred road which was farther, Sandra then insisted we take the tarred road saying she didn't want sand on her feet, but that was the route we took while going.

Just as we approached my compound, 3 guys rounded us up and told us to handover everything we had on us. I have to point out that after this whole incident, I could recall that while we were walking home, Sandra was texting on her phone and kept looking back. When one of the guys made the request, Sandra now asked them 'for what' immediately one of the guys landed her a slap and pushed her down. Then he turned to me and gave me a blow to the mouth saying I was wasting his time, then he reached for my back pocket and retrieved my wallet, then he asked me the PIN, I gave him a wrong PIN the first time and this was met with a hot slap to my face, then he asked again and i gave him the same PIN again, then he gave me a kick to the hip, I was almost paralyzed, he now grabbed my throat, I had no choice than to give him the real PIN, then he left me and they ran off. Interestingly, the PIN I gave to him was the old PIN which I changed few days ago, but my intention was not to lie, in fact I meant to tell the truth, but then that PIN had stuck to my memeory as I have been using it for the past 3 years.

Immediately they left, I made a dash for my room, with Sandra in hot pursuit, but I didn't let her come to my room with me, I called the bank Customer Service and told them to block my card, although the thieves had the wrong PIN, I felt they could still compromise the card.

The next day, Sandra was in my room and she kept trying to get me to talk about the incident of the last day, but I wasnt interested, she kept asking me, if the PIN I gave them was the right one, I mean it should be, after all that was the right PIN as far as she knew, she asked if I could recognize the guys, I said no, she asked if its possible for the card to be hacked without the PIN, I was just acting ignorant, but I've already started having my reservations about her.

Later, I decided out of curiosity to check Sandra out on Facebook, while checking the photos on her profile, I saw pictures she took and uploaded with the same guy that slapped and pushed her down while we were been robbed, I was dumbfounded to say the least.

Then it became clear to me, she set me up to be robbed. Now my questions are,
Why did she insist we take the tarred road, considering we took the sandy road while going to the Shop
How come the thieves reached straight into the pocket with my wallet?
How come they never asked for our mobile phones, naturally, that should be their first question
How come immediately I gave the guy the 'right' PIN he acceded?
Who was Sandra texting while we walked home
And, the FB picture shows she knows the guy after all.

My problem now is, should I confront Sandra d tell her I know what happened or should I just let it slide? Since that day she's been trying to cozy up to me, but the more she tries the more I become worried and wary.
Lalasticlala

Do you know you're the most foolish person of the year is it until she invites those guys again and this time they "mistakenly" take your life before you know you have to inform the police silently go and inform police to protect your life Mr
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by stpat1(m): 12:32am On Dec 06, 2016
What baffles me is that a grown up man could be this foolish and negligent even at the expense of his life.
Ordinarily, a normal guy would have ran to SARS with all the glaring evidence to get justice. Even if it means he leaves that state.
Instead, this sule come here dey yarn dust.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by jameschibuike(m): 2:32am On Dec 06, 2016
7Alexander:
What you are about to read happened to me last week, I just had to bring it here, because the more I try to wrap my head around it, the more questions comes to mind.

About a month ago I moved to another city, but considering its a totally different culture, I have just been gradually trying to settle in. So, on Tuesday Last week, I noticed a plumbing issue in my room, for which I went to seek the caretaker who lives within the compound. I later found him in one of the rooms trying to fix some things for another new tenant who I will refer to as Sandra henceforth. I laid my complaints to the man and briefly spoke with Sandra who told me aje was an undergraduate.

About an hour later, the caretaker came to my room to checkout the problem I was having, Sandra came with him, and as we were making small talks, she walked into my kitchen and pointed out that my pots and other cooking utensils were still new and unused, then i told her I haven't started cooking because I don't know my way around yet, so I haven't been to the market. She then offered to go to the market with me whenever I was ready.

The next day being Wednesday I made a list of things to buy, among which were some packaged and canned foods, for this we went to a mall. After picking the items, we had to join the queue at the payment point, while there, I remembered some things which I needed but haven't included in my list, so I handed over my ATM card to Sandra and gave her the PIN considering it was almost our turn in the queue, then went to pick those things. Now, I did this because, I didn't want a situation where after paying for the original items, I will have to join a fresh queue with the new items. Although I came back just as she was about to pay, so I was able to include the new items, we laid and left. Suffice to say that I had her pick one or two things for herself.

On getting home, I immediately went to an ATM and changed my PIN, just to be safe.

Two days later, Sandra came to my room sound 7:15pm telling me she wanted to go buy relaxer and shampoo but as its getting dark that she can't go alone, and she asked that I come with her, I obliged, as you would expect.

After buying the shampoo, we started heading home. Now, there are two possible routes home, the sandy road which was nearer and the tarred road which was farther, Sandra then insisted we take the tarred road saying she didn't want sand on her feet, but that was the route we took while going.

Just as we approached my compound, 3 guys rounded us up and told us to handover everything we had on us. I have to point out that after this whole incident, I could recall that while we were walking home, Sandra was texting on her phone and kept looking back. When one of the guys made the request, Sandra now asked them 'for what' immediately one of the guys landed her a slap and pushed her down. Then he turned to me and gave me a blow to the mouth saying I was wasting his time, then he reached for my back pocket and retrieved my wallet, then he asked me the PIN, I gave him a wrong PIN the first time and this was met with a hot slap to my face, then he asked again and i gave him the same PIN again, then he gave me a kick to the hip, I was almost paralyzed, he now grabbed my throat, I had no choice than to give him the real PIN, then he left me and they ran off. Interestingly, the PIN I gave to him was the old PIN which I changed few days ago, but my intention was not to lie, in fact I meant to tell the truth, but then that PIN had stuck to my memeory as I have been using it for the past 3 years.

Immediately they left, I made a dash for my room, with Sandra in hot pursuit, but I didn't let her come to my room with me, I called the bank Customer Service and told them to block my card, although the thieves had the wrong PIN, I felt they could still compromise the card.

The next day, Sandra was in my room and she kept trying to get me to talk about the incident of the last day, but I wasnt interested, she kept asking me, if the PIN I gave them was the right one, I mean it should be, after all that was the right PIN as far as she knew, she asked if I could recognize the guys, I said no, she asked if its possible for the card to be hacked without the PIN, I was just acting ignorant, but I've already started having my reservations about her.

Later, I decided out of curiosity to check Sandra out on Facebook, while checking the photos on her profile, I saw pictures she took and uploaded with the same guy that slapped and pushed her down while we were been robbed, I was dumbfounded to say the least.

Why did she insist we take the tarred road, considering we took the sandy road while going to the Shop
How come they never asked for our mobile phones, naturally, that should be their first question

Lalasticlala

Hmmm! Go straight to the police station with all the evidences, the Facebook picture, ur stories and arrest the girl, she will produce the guys.
Let help to expose criminal
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by samsongbemisola(m): 3:47am On Dec 06, 2016
Your changed reactions to her will make her suspect you that you have a clue of the matter, so they might hurt you. your life is in danger. make a report with proof.
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by ceejay80s(m): 6:20am On Dec 06, 2016
7Alexander:

Lalasticlala

oga, have u reported to the police? if u have not up till now, then ur life is in danger, they will surely come back for u, if they find out that u know about them, they will kill u, tell the police that u even saw gun and bottle with them, dont say i did not warn u

1 Like

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by davidif: 6:22am On Dec 06, 2016
7Alexander:

Since the incident, she's been acting weird and that creeps the hell out of me

Guy, run!

Just leave the place.
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by ceejay80s(m): 6:31am On Dec 06, 2016
oyb:

young man keep on thugging. 95% of you will not end well.

no mind the iddiot, he think say cultists no dey die
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by whizcartel(m): 6:36am On Dec 06, 2016
7Alexander:

Lalasticlala
Bro don't confront her personally... look for a way you can get a solid evidence on her(That's if you want to involve the Police) She could be deeply rooted in cult ties. so a personal confrontation could endanger your life. If you decide not to confront her. stay very far away from her. No talk to her again, she self go know say she don F up. If I may ask... This incident happened in Benin?

1 Like

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by kcowen(m): 10:43am On Dec 06, 2016
I didnt wanna comment initially but i had to,am sorry for what happened to you,reading your story reminds me of what happen to me 4years ago very similar,we live in the same compound,we were kind of close cos sometimes she sleeps in my flat,i have also once given her my ATM card and the pin to use when she needed help cos i never for once thought she will be this mean and wicked..during that period i did some business and was expecting the money,she knew when that money came and decides to spend the night in my flat even when i objected(she planned to make it look real)so that night her boys came,beat the hell out of me,they didnt demand for phone or money but my ATM card,gave them the wrong pin anyway but when they left i connected the dots together..i didnt involve the police cos i know who i was.i had to call my nigga(those nigga that arent smiling)you dont mess with a sailord and go scotfree,after driling her in her apartment she said the truth and the identity of the boys..To cut the story short we paid the boys a visit and i dont think they will ever steal from anybody again

1 Like

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Fearcom(m): 11:46am On Dec 06, 2016
7Alexander:

Lalasticlala

1. Go to the police and write a statement.
2. Save the picture of Sandra and one of the assailants you said you saw in her profile.
3. Be sure to detail every little detail of what you have told us on nairaland in that statement and
4. Make sure Sandra is unaware of your movements so as to get her unawares should the police decide to arrest her and have her thoroughly investigated.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by bukiboy(m): 6:02pm On Dec 06, 2016
berryice:
My own advice don't confront her...just give her space,she will realize u don't want to b her friend anymore...human beings sha undecided

Sandra na correct sharp girl, she go send another babe to our guy, make our guy report case for police and make sure say Sandra write undertaking say nothing go happen to the guy.
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by bukiboy(m): 6:12pm On Dec 06, 2016
7Alexander:

1. Why did she insist we take the tarred road, considering we took the sandy road while going to the Shop
2. How come the thieves reached straight into the pocket with my wallet?
3. How come they never asked for our mobile phones, naturally, that should be their first question
4. How come immediately I gave the guy the 'right' PIN he acceded?
5. Who was Sandra texting while we walked home

My problem now is,
6. should I confront Sandra d tell her I know what happened or
7. should I just let it slide?
Since that day she's been trying to cozy up to me, but the more she tries the more I become worried and wary.

1. becos she no say you no fit say no to her request
2. since your wallet no dey your hand, dem no say the wallet dey your pocket
3. ATM dey easy to collect your money, looking for buyer to buy your phone fit make you track them
4. the guy no know the right PIN, na just logic for you to give correct PIN after the guy don brush you
5. i no fit know that one becos i don't know Sandra and i no fit check her phone
6. no, go to police so Sandra go write statement that you're safe in the neighborhood
7. comot your eye from Sandra, no be all girl you must chase, i know say man natural instinct na to dey hunt for prey as he reach new environment. bros anything wey you like and you no fit control yourself go put you for wahala
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by bukiboy(m): 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2016
kcowen:
I didnt wanna comment initially but i had to,am sorry for what happened to you,reading your story reminds me of what happen to me 4years ago very similar,we live in the same compound,we were kind of close cos sometimes she sleeps in my flat,i have also once given her my ATM card and the pin to use when she needed help cos i never for once thought she will be this mean and wicked..during that period i did some business and was expecting the money,she knew when that money came and decides to spend the night in my flat even when i objected(she planned to make it look real)so that night her boys came,beat the hell out of me,they didnt demand for phone or money but my ATM card,gave them the wrong pin anyway but when they left i connected the dots together..i didnt involve the police cos i know who i was.i had to call my nigga(those nigga that arent smiling)you dont mess with a sailord and go scotfree,after driling her in her apartment she said the truth and the identity of the boys..To cut the story short we paid the boys a visit and i dont think they will ever steal from anybody again

bros that na jungle justice ooooooooo
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by bukiboy(m): 6:18pm On Dec 06, 2016
stpat1:
What baffles me is that a grown up man could be this foolish and negligent even at the expense of his life.
Ordinarily, a normal guy would have ran to SARS with all the glaring evidence to get justice. Even if it means he leaves that state.

maybe Sandra na correct fine girl with curves and the guy still get soft spot for her
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 06, 2016
bukiboy:

1. becos she no say you no fit say no to her request
2. since your wallet no dey your hand, dem no say the wallet dey your pocket
3. ATM dey easy to collect your money, looking for buyer to buy your phone fit make you track them
4. the guy no know the right PIN, na just logic for you to give correct PIN after the guy don brush you
5. i no fit know that one becos i don't know Sandra and i no fit check her phone
6. no, go to police so Sandra go write statement that you're safe in the neighborhood
7. comot your eye from Sandra, no be all girl you must chase, i know say man natural instinct na to dey hunt for prey as he reach new environment. bros anything wey you like and you no fit control yourself go put you for wahala
Lol, you funny shaa @hunting for prey
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 06, 2016
kcowen:
Thanks bro, everybody are now claiming holy and sanctimonious. I wonder why people think that anything a guy does for or with a lady is because he's tripping or trying to bait her.
To be honest, Sandra is good looking, but I do not find her attractive.

Yes, I know about the police option, but I can't afford to change addresses now, given that I can't fully count on the police, and I can't stomach their usual lackadaisical attitude and urge for money.

I appreciate that you could relate.

And yes, this happened in Benin, anyone conversant with the city knows its a haven for cultists
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 06, 2016
whizcartel:
Bro don't confront her personally... look for a way you can get a solid evidence on her(That's if you want to involve the Police) She could be deeply rooted in cult ties. so a personal confrontation could endanger your life. If you decide not to confront her. stay very far away from her. No talk to her again, she self go know say she don F up. If I may ask... This incident happened in Benin?
Yes, it did.

Why's everyone asking if it happened in Benin? I didn't mention it in my post. The city is something else
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 06, 2016
OROSUNBOLB:
Sandra and her gang are not done yet with you. They are coming back to finish the business because you have presented yourself as one soft guy with some cool doles in his pocket.

You must have given yourself away to Sandra during one of the 'small talks' you had with her. You sound as if Sandra is not your type of a lady but the truth is that you nursed the intention of taking her to bed. Sandra is a smart girl-omo igboro.She read your mind and set you up man!

If your 'back up' is not tight and you confront that girl with your facebook evidence,those guys will make that area extremely hot for you to live in.

Your best bet is the police-report what happened and relocate as soon as possble.
Being realistic, she isn't my type, so I didn't have my eyes on her.
I just feel that the police can't be trusted 24/7. Just here on Nairaland I heard the story of a guy murdered in the same town for a beef of four years, despite having soldier friends.

Honestly, I want no troubles, I wish there was another option excluding the police, as this may bring repercussions
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 06, 2016
stpat1:
Its amazing how grown people comfortably rain obscenities on another person.

It doesn't make you smarter nor bigger than life.

I know a lot of swear words, ones that will make you question your root and manliness.

But I won't use any on you.

Be nice, be polite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
what age range is this woman and what age range are her friends ? are they like teenagers ? Please answer this question bro
Mid to late twenties. Sandra is definitely not more than 24
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by whizcartel(m): 7:21pm On Dec 06, 2016
7Alexander:

Yes, it did.

Why's everyone asking if it happened in Benin? I didn't mention it in my post. The city is something else
Lawlessness reigns in that city. Plus when you mentioned tarred road and sandy path, Benin city immediately came to mind... plus its only in Benin city you can be mugged once its dark... the place is too scanty... if I may guess again the incident happened around ugbowo or uselu?
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by kcowen(m): 7:44pm On Dec 06, 2016
bukiboy:

bros that na jungle justice ooooooooo
Bros I had to even when the ATM didn't work,she played with my being nice to her,she was surprise to know I was a frat guy cos u'll hardly notice
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by helovesme(f): 8:08pm On Dec 06, 2016
[quote author=7Alexander

And yes, this happened in Benin, anyone conversant with the city knows its a haven for cultists[/quote]

Oh. So you know this yet you chose to go there (out of all the universities in nigeria) for your masters.

Those boys will be back for you. They will want to teach you a lesson for having the effrontery to give them a fake pin.
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 06, 2016
whizcartel:
Lawlessness reigns in that city. Plus when you mentioned tarred road and sandy path, Benin city immediately came to mind... plus its only in Benin city you can be mugged once its dark... the place is too scanty... if I may guess again the incident happened around ugbowo or uselu?
Lol. Ugbowo
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:49pm On Dec 06, 2016
7Alexander:

Being realistic, she isn't my type, so I didn't have my eyes on her.
I just feel that the police can't be trusted 24/7. Just here on Nairaland I heard the story of a guy murdered in the same town for a beef of four years, despite having soldier friends.

Honestly, I want no troubles, I wish there was another option excluding the police, as this may bring repercussions

I believe your life is worth more than whatever you're doing in that notorious town. Why don't you leave before it is too late? Like I said earlier, those guys still have unfinished business with you; they are coming back.

I still believe you have to expose those criminals by reporting them to the police and relocate from that town as quickly as possible. If you decide to keep mute about the incident and pretend as if it never happened, does it mean that those guys won't still rob you later on ?
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by whizcartel(m): 4:39am On Dec 07, 2016
7Alexander:

Lol. Ugbowo
Stayed there for just some few days and I already have my own experience.
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by dikerebel(m): 9:31am On Dec 07, 2016
7Alexander:

Lol. First , why will I fabricate it, and draw traffic to where? I don't understand.
Secondly, I necessarily don't have a weakness for her. Absolutely not. We don't even really talk, just small talks.
About money printing machine, I've never given a dime to her, what for of I may ask. The things she picked in the mall was just 3k.
2k? Are you mad ? Is you ok?
Re: How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour by Ovokoo: 2:27am On Dec 08, 2016
7Alexander:

Bros, do you know me Omo, fear don catch me oo. I intentionally removed the name of the city, but then...
I usually hang out with my crew at Ekosodin. We've been monitoring your movements. You dey claim say you dey do masters ba? No worry, one day ogoro go jump.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Family Of 6 Killed In Plateau By Unknown Gunmen (Disturbing Photos) / Adili Chibuike Ejike: Singapore’s Supreme Court Frees Nigerian On Death Row / Driver Arrested While Trying To Return Stolen Iphone 10 To Get N100K. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.