Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,231 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment (9142 Views)

Justice Ademola’s Acquittal: Presidency Frowns As FG Appeals Judgment / Abuja High Court Dismisses Charges Against Justice Ademola & His Wife / Nnamdi Kanu Dons Jewish Attire For His Arraignment In Court Today. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by DONSMITH123(m): 11:11am On Dec 05, 2016
Ade Adesomoju, Abuja

Justice Adeniyi Ademola of a Federal High Court in Abuja and his wife, Olabowale, who is the Head of Service of Lagos State, were scheduled to be arraigned on Monday before a High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Maitama, on charges of receiving gratification, but the arraignment could not proceed because of their absence.

The defendants were absent because they had not been served with the charges.

The trial judge, Justice Jude Okeke, adjourned the matter till December 13, 2016, after the defendants’ lawyer, Mr. Jeph Njikonye, volunteered to accept service on behalf of his clients.

Lead prosecuting counsel, Mr. Segun Jegede, had told the trial judge that court bail bailiffs attempted to serve the couple with the charges but they were said to have travelled to Lagos.

He said he was going to ask the court to give an order for service on the defendants through substituted means but that was no longer necessary as the defence counsel had approached him before the proceedings commenced volunteering to accept service on behalf of the defendants.

Jegede urged the court to grant leave to serve the defendants through their lawyer on the strength of section 382(5) of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act.

Njikonye, although, expressed readiness to accept service on behalf of his clients, said he was not aware of attempts to serve the couple personally and so section 382(5) of the ACJA was not application.

The defence lawyer however submitted that the court under its inherent powers grant the leave for service.

Justice Okeke, in his ruling, said record showed that a court bailiff attempted to serve the defendants in Abuja, on December 2, but were said to have travelled to Lagos.

http://punchng.com/justice-ademola-wifes-absence-stall-arraignment/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by nellyelitz(m): 11:15am On Dec 05, 2016
Naija drama..

FTC in this kind news
Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by Zendinho(m): 11:17am On Dec 05, 2016
Who get ground nut...i have small garri n sugar..
Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by DONSMITH123(m): 11:17am On Dec 05, 2016
Zendinho:
Who get ground nut...i have small garri n sugar..

this early mo-mo?
Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by ojun50(m): 11:18am On Dec 05, 2016
Make them allow us ear word dis year don end finish
Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by Zendinho(m): 11:20am On Dec 05, 2016
DONSMITH123:

this early mo-mo?

broderly....my hungry worms are on live protest....

1 Like

Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by DONSMITH123(m): 11:21am On Dec 05, 2016
grin grin grin grin

Zendinho:

broderly....my hungry worms are on live protest....

2 Likes

Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by stephnie1(f): 11:22am On Dec 05, 2016
this government is a failure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by SweetLove0(f): 11:22am On Dec 05, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by Nutase: 11:36am On Dec 05, 2016
Dis case will drag on till eternity
Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 05, 2016
Justice Adeniyi Ademola of a Federal High Court in Abuja and his wife, Olabowale Head of Service of Lagos State - Ambode sef undecided undecided
Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by Chrisozone: 11:54am On Dec 05, 2016
Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by olaolulazio(m): 11:56am On Dec 05, 2016
Stupid govt with stupiddddd citizens
Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by CXLVII: 11:58am On Dec 05, 2016
stephnie1:
this government is a failure

How can you have a nice name and same time be so dull?

Did you read the article or you just jumped into conclusion?

How does your response contribute to the topic?

I think you need to start eating well. Good food I mean, cos it develops the brain.

8 Likes

Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by demo4ril97(m): 11:59am On Dec 05, 2016
I am here with you o, absent bawo?
Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by OsusuMustFlow(f): 12:00pm On Dec 05, 2016
ok
Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by CXLVII: 12:01pm On Dec 05, 2016
olaolulazio:
Stupid govt with stupiddddd citizens

Re u an American or Briton? Let me believe you re. It means myself and your lineage in Nigeria re all stupidddd.

1 Like

Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by stephnie1(f): 12:01pm On Dec 05, 2016
CXLVII:

I think you need to start eating well. Good food I mean, cos it develops the brain.

eya, e pain you?
Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by SurePresident: 12:02pm On Dec 05, 2016
nbm
Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by olaolulazio(m): 12:05pm On Dec 05, 2016
CXLVII:

Re u an American or Briton? Let me believe you re. It means myself and your lineage in Nigeria re all stupidddd.

I never mentioned ya name in my comment pls. I'm only talking about the corrupt citizen.
Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by 4nobody4every1: 12:07pm On Dec 05, 2016
Keneking:
Justice Adeniyi Ademola of a Federal High Court in Abuja and his wife, Olabowale Head of Service of Lagos State - Ambode sef undecided undecided
Wetin Ambode do for this matter again?..... The Husband and wife are both corrupt so they should drink their hot cup of coffee tongue

1 Like

Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by NGrevolution: 12:20pm On Dec 05, 2016
can u e-margin shocked
Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by Charly68: 1:11pm On Dec 05, 2016
Husband and wife in a fraud case ? Where are we going in Yoruba land... Eeeh ! Ananaiah & Saphira of our time.. God don't let this ones die ooo.
Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by viktagorion: 1:47pm On Dec 05, 2016
CXLVII:

Don't mind him, recession has affected some of his brain cells.
Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by OlujobaSamuel: 3:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
ole judge and head of ole iyawo
Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by Emassive(m): 4:12pm On Dec 05, 2016
Always throwing Tantrums at one another. Yoluba and ipob people.
Re: Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment by Stalwert: 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2016
grin

(1) (Reply)

'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay / $10m Found In CAN President's Jet Caught In SA / FEC Approves ₦62.7 Billion For Construction Of Road Linking Kano And Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.