Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (684046 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by direx123(m): 9:54pm On Feb 15, 2017
Hi Frank, I will be travelling to America soon, with a connecting flight from Lagos to Frankfurt, Germany(LUFTHANSA). I'll be having 9 hours layover, am I allowed to leave the airport(with transit visa), for a quick tour of Frankfurt.. Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 3:47am On Feb 16, 2017
direx123:
Hi Frank, I will be travelling to America soon, with a connecting flight from Lagos to Frankfurt, Germany(LUFTHANSA). I'll be having 9 hours layover, am I allowed to leave the airport(with transit visa), for a quick tour of Frankfurt.. Thanks.

That's exactly the same route I went through. Safe flight bro. smiley Don't forget to take pictures.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 3:47am On Feb 16, 2017
swtman:
cheesy I wan use vodka kill myself ooo.. Chai God

na your liver go suffer am o! grin

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 3:54am On Feb 16, 2017
while waiting for my transcript, I applied for some jobs. I was invited for an interview on Monday the 13th (which I went for), I received a call this afternoon to congratulate me that the interview was successful. The pay is around $15/hr and they pay weekly via direct deposit. so i'll be looking to set up my bank own account pretty soon.

On Monday next week, I'll be going for my drivers' license test. Wish me luck smiley smiley

40 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 4:27am On Feb 16, 2017
FrankNetter:

na your liver go suffer am o! grin
nah only that day oo bros, is not a small something ooo. How your own flexing nah

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 4:29am On Feb 16, 2017
FrankNetter:
while waiting for my transcript, I applied for some jobs. I was invited for an interview on Monday the 12th (which I went for), I received a call this afternoon to congratulate me that the interview was successful. The pay is around $15/hr and they pay weekly via direct deposit. so i'll be looking to set up my bank own account pretty soon.

On Monday next week, I'll be going for my drivers' license test. Wish me luck smiley smiley
make I follow you dance

22 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Godelohia(m): 11:03am On Feb 16, 2017
Frank netter..you have any airport pics..before departure and I need step by step airport process.. thanks man
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 16, 2017
FrankNetter:
while waiting for my transcript, I applied for some jobs. I was invited for an interview on Monday the 12th (which I went for), I received a call this afternoon to congratulate me that the interview was successful. The pay is around $15/hr and they pay weekly via direct deposit. so i'll be looking to set up my bank own account pretty soon.

Congratulations, boss! The job is a stepping stone to greater things for you. Wish you the best of luck on your driver's license test.

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 16, 2017
The view from work

24 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Bossman(m): 7:47pm On Feb 16, 2017
Congrats on the job! Good luck with your Drivers License test. With all three (Job, Bank Acct., Drivers license) in place, you'll start to build credit slowly. I am sure you are aware by now, that having very good credit is critical! The wealthiest countries in the world all have one thing in common. The all have a solid credit system. Credit is the key to empowering individuals, businesses, etc. Unfortunately, our country does not even have a system that uniqely identifies an individual/entity, so getting to the next level is challenging. Anyway, the BVN is s good start.

FrankNetter:

17 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 8:58pm On Feb 16, 2017
swtman:
make I follow you dance

Lol. na you and your babe be that? grin

CFCman:

Congratulations, boss! The job is a stepping stone to greater things for you. Wish you the best of luck on your driver's license test.

Thanks bro.

Bossman:
Congrats on the job! Good luck with your Drivers License test. With all three (Job, Bank Acct., Drivers license) in place, you'll start to build credit slowly. I am sure you are aware by now, that having very good credit is critical! The wealthiest countries in the world all have one thing in common. The all have a solid credit system. Credit is the key to empowering individuals, businesses, etc. Unfortunately, our country does not even have a system that uniqely identifies an individual/entity, so getting to the next level is challenging. Anyway, the BVN is s good start.

Yeah man, thanks for the heads up. I will to keep my credit score near excellent. smiley

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 9:00pm On Feb 16, 2017
Don't forget to visit the blog once in a while

https://yankeexperience.

smiley
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 9:02pm On Feb 16, 2017
CFCman:
The view from work

Where exactly is this bro?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 9:04pm On Feb 16, 2017
From time to time, I will be featuring random content on the blog. If you have any interesting story, just bring it to my notice. Don't forget to take pictures too. You can be part of the yankeexperience as well. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 16, 2017
FrankNetter:

Lol. na you and your babe be that? grin

Thanks bro.

Yeah man, thanks for the heads up. I will to keep my credit score near excellent. smiley

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 16, 2017
FrankNetter:

Where exactly is this bro?
Downtown San Diego
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 16, 2017
School lounge

16 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Rexyblaze: 9:46pm On Feb 16, 2017
Nice thread
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:32pm On Feb 16, 2017
I and my elder sister (who got her license some days back) went for a little drive.

10 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:37pm On Feb 16, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:45pm On Feb 16, 2017
Driving with google map is a baaaad idea.

So, last night, mumsy had night shift, she left for work at about 6:30 pm. After she left, I was surfing the net and stumbled across this Domino's pizza advert. They were doing a promo where they sell large 2-topping pizzas for $5.99 but you need to drive over to their office and pick it up after ordering for it.

Oya na, I rallied round and gingered my siblings. We contributed money and ordered 3 pizzas which totalled $17.78 (plus tax). They said it would be ready in 15 minutes grin

My sis (that just got her license) and I entered motor. I put the address on my phone's Google map. The thing said 10minutes to location.

We enter road grin

16 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:49pm On Feb 16, 2017
The truth is, at night, people tend to speed more, 'cos the road would be somehow free. We were driving jejely o following map jejely too o.

Next thing, map carry us enter freeway. shocked

My sister (who isnt much of an experienced driver) started fidgeting. While changing lanes, she misjudged the closeness of the vehicle on an adjacent lane and tried to switch lanes, it was by divine intervention we didnt bash the lady's car. the woman was like

After the incident, We jejely entered one street by the side in order to dodge the mad speeding drivers. The plan was to wiggle through smaller streets and find our way to the Domino's pizza outlet. grin

this map showed us shege that yesternight. From carrying us to a dead-ended street, to taking us round in circles, our night was bad already, we almost gave up on the pizza. undecided

After like 40 minutes (which seemed like an eternity), we arrived at our destination. picked our pizza and started heading home. Finally, we got home safely with all our body parts intact.

When we got home and told our siblings the gist, they were dancing like:

Imagine if we had bashed the car or gotten into an accident, what would we have told our mum?

Finally, we ate the pizza with glee while laughing over the incident. grin grin

41 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by 1Rebel: 12:16am On Feb 17, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 12:25am On Feb 17, 2017
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by signature2012(m): 12:38am On Feb 17, 2017
FrankNetter:
The truth is, at night, people tend to speed more, 'cos the road would be somehow free. We were driving jejely o following map jejely too o.

My sister (who isnt much of an experienced driver) started fidgeting. While changing lanes, she misjudged the closeness of the vehicle on an adjacent lane and tried to switch lanes, it was by divine intervention we didnt bash the lady's car. the woman was like

After the incident, We jejely entered one street by the side in order to dodge the mad speeding drivers. The plan was to wiggle through smaller streets and find our way to the Domino's pizza outlet. grin

this map showed us shege that yesternight. From carrying us to a dead-ended street, to taking us round in circles, our night was bad already, we almost gave up on the pizza. undecided

After like 40 minutes (which seemed like an eternity), we arrived at our destination. picked our pizza and started heading home. Finally, we got home safely with all our body parts intact.

Imagine if we had bashed the car or gotten into an accident, what would we have told our mum?

Download waze,is far better than that yeye google gps.It tells you everything ahead of you,even if olopa is ahead of you,it will tell you.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 17, 2017
I follow u dance ooo

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Gratefulaheart: 5:29pm On Feb 17, 2017
FrankNetter:

Quite interesting in here! Following ya. I might be visiting Chicago soon

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by CanadianNurse: 7:46pm On Feb 17, 2017
FrankNetter u never tell us your real name ooo
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 9:00pm On Feb 17, 2017
CanadianNurse:
FrankNetter u never tell us your real name ooo

grin.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Femcesc07(m): 9:14pm On Feb 17, 2017
And we never see your face too grin
FrankNetter:

grin.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Darey00(m): 9:53pm On Feb 17, 2017
signature2012:

Download waze,is far better than that yeye google gps.It tells you everything ahead of you,even if olopa is ahead of you,it will tell you.

WHAT OF LASTMA grin
signature2012:

WHAT OF LASTMA

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by CanadianNurse: 2:24am On Feb 18, 2017
FrankNetter:

grin.
Frank just DEY shine teeth.... Oya let's make a Lil fun outta of it..... Give us a clue make we try guess the name grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.