Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (683615 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by decode55(m): 4:56am On Feb 18, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Frank just DEY shine teeth.... Oya let's make a Lil fun outta of it..... Give us a clue make we try guess the name grin

Eh that's a good idea. FrankNetter, oya, over to you.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by pendragon35(m): 9:42am On Feb 18, 2017
Good day good pple of Nairaland.pls don't know if this is the best decision for my career.I am still an undergraduate of one the Nigerian Universities;Thus my uncle informed me recently asking if I can accept to quit my education here in Nigeria and continue it there in Italy,and currently am in 200lvl .But the issue is whether to quit or to continue,but as it stands am biased but my siblings are in support of me to quit for a greener pasture over there,perhaps my parents seems to not support such idea hence asking me to finish up here first.To me my programme is 5yrs(long) duration and this is just an opportunity in disguise.Although i considered mny factors vis-a-vis financial status of the family nd d country as well b4 heeding to such decision. pls Ur candid opinions will be of utmost help to my future. Hoping for the best undisputed suggestions from matured folks.tnx all

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by AussieBebe(f): 9:50pm On Feb 18, 2017
pendragon35:
Good day good pple of Nairaland.pls don't know if this is the best decision for my career.I am still an undergraduate of one the Nigerian Universities;Thus my uncle informed me recently asking if I can accept to quit my education here in Nigeria and continue it there in Italy,and currently am in 200lvl .But the issue is whether to quit or to continue,but as it stands am biased but my siblings are in support of me to quit for a greener pasture over there,perhaps my parents seems to not support such idea hence asking me to finish up here first.To me my programme is 5yrs(long) duration and this is just an opportunity in disguise.Although i considered mny factors vis-a-vis financial status of the family nd d country as well b4 heeding to such decision. pls Ur candid opinions will be of utmost help to my future. Hoping for the best undisputed suggestions from matured folks.tnx all

What will you be doing in Italy if you eventually get there?School or work? And if work what kind of work can you possibly get with a secondary school result. L?

Also what are the career opportunities like in the country? Does it Favour immigrants?

These questions and more are what you need to get answers to before going?

No go enter one chance o.

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 18, 2017
pendragon35:

in dis kind of situation,..........its better for you to follow your HEART
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by pendragon35(m): 2:35am On Feb 20, 2017
AussieBebe:

What will you be doing in Italy if you eventually get there?School or work? And if work what kind of work can you possibly get with a secondary school result. L?

Also what are the career opportunities like in the country? Does it Favour immigrants?

These questions and more are what you need to get answers to before going?

No go enter one chance o.
Bro according to him he said notin lyk skul dat it z hustling tinx
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by pendragon35(m): 2:36am On Feb 20, 2017
tescoman90:

really confused
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 7:55am On Feb 20, 2017
FrankNetter:
while waiting for my transcript, I applied for some jobs. I was invited for an interview on Monday the 13th (which I went for), I received a call this afternoon to congratulate me that the interview was successful. The pay is around $15/hr and they pay weekly via direct deposit. so i'll be looking to set up my bank own account pretty soon.

On Monday next week, I'll be going for my drivers' license test. Wish me luck smiley smiley

Congrats bro......

I like it as the ministry is moving....
Nice one
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by chukxie(m): 9:04am On Feb 20, 2017
pendragon35:

I'd suggest you don't quit school to go to Italy to "hustle". Just you know there are lots and lots of black people in Italy without jobs. What's hustle? You should ask your uncle what he meant by "hustle" cos that word has numerous meanings. Good luck !

12 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by JONITEZ(m): 1:25pm On Feb 20, 2017
tescoman90:

while taking your heart along...
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by uzoexcel(m): 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2017
Eating more of fruits after 8pm is also good
sirRiddy:
I live close to the campus gym which is like few metres away from my residence.
But time no too dey. It is even worse this period wey to stand up for bed go work now
na wahala. I pay 171 dollars per semester for using the facility and I wish I can go there
more frequently.
Well, depending on your genes and eating habits, you can manage weight issues. Avoid eating
dinner after 8pm and eat small meals multiple times a day. Seems you are having fun, please
enjoy the moment. Life is too short. Your thread is very entertaining.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by pendragon35(m): 10:11pm On Feb 20, 2017
chukxie:

I'd suggest you don't quit school to go to Italy to "hustle". Just you know there are lots and lots of black people in Italy without jobs. What's hustle? You should ask your uncle what he meant by "hustle" cos that word has numerous meanings. Good luck !
God bless yhu bro,sagacious indeed.
my popsy said d same tin.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by uzoexcel(m): 11:25pm On Feb 20, 2017
Lol
bayocanny:

Who be dis sef. Read the topic of this thread very well, we are not discussing anything about Nigeria on here. Errrm...all what you wrote above is superstory lemme quickly put u in place.

Which effort do u expect me to put into this country(Nigeria)? Since I was born, I never benefited anything from this Nation, I was deprived of good social amenities, no freedom of speech, your voice cannot be heard by your leaders. Yes, I want to leave a luxury life but our leaders doesn't put such in place, look at yankee and other western countries..social amenities boku for ground they enjoy am and they pay back through taxes. Why can't our leaders do such for us then we will reciprocrate. The system go against the common man, its only the political class and the upper class benefited from it. So what effort are u talking about or you want me to be sowing where I won't reap abi. probably u are thinking of me joining LAWMA or KAI dey help dem pack refuse abi, u no serious.

Hmm...u talk about yankee been overcrowded. I swear, to slap u just dey hungry me, yankee can accomodate the entire Nigerian Citizens without complaining. Dem get land, opportunity plenty, go to oklahoma, Maine, montana and iowa plenty houses full der wey no see persin we go pack in. So what are u talking about. Be warned!!! Don't say what u don't know.

You talk of pontentials and natural resources, which natural resources are u talking about? Oil?
Yeye dey smell for your body, resources wey be say those politicians don shared within themselves. Do you know that oil doesn't have value any longer unlike before. If Nigeria truly have natural resources, why are u buying a litre of PMS at 150? I went to the gas to refill my gas last week I was told 1KG is now 800 yet we suppling ghana abundant of gas every now and then. So tell me, what's the essence of resources that we have and we can't derive enjoyment from it. Look at egypt, saudi, venezuela, russia and other oil producing nations, google the amount of money they buy a litre of petrol and compare it to that of Naija. Ogbeni, am tired am going to class, no come here to start speaking ill of my western countries o or else u dey look for trouble. Maybe u have smalll change for ya acct na hin dey make u dey do yanga shey naija don beta, smsh...yeye dey worry you.

Oh, you said naija is a frontier abeg wich frontier u dey talk of? Dis guy sef, I for yab u but for posterity sake I will let it slide.....sha don't come on this thread again
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Damilare5882(m): 5:23am On Feb 21, 2017
CFCman:
School lounge
mehn Nigeria still have a long way to go ..may God help us
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 3:19pm On Feb 21, 2017
Currently at the scheduled one day training before I start work. See fine girls everywhere grin

I no snap them because i no want person to snatch them from me

14 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 3:23pm On Feb 21, 2017
One of the ladies just dey observe me with one eye grin

Today go make sense die

26 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Femcesc07(m): 3:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
grin grin grin
Bro, but e go make sense pass if we see em
FrankNetter:

Today go make sense die

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Originalsly: 4:00pm On Feb 21, 2017
FrankNetter:

Today go make sense die
grin...you funny!.... so who the other eye be looking at?!

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by pendragon35(m): 4:09pm On Feb 21, 2017
FrankNetter:
Currently at the scheduled one day training before I start work. See fine girls everywhere grin

I no snap them because i no want person to snatch them from me
wic work,xo fast yhu don gat work.congrat tho!
yhu ara alwas lucky ni

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by ichommy(m): 4:21pm On Feb 21, 2017
Ayemi, My Life. wink

Greetings....

*Grab Chair*

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by progress69: 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2017
pendragon35:

Lol. Are u from Edo?

The "hustle" ehn..... Don't let me talk cos ur uncle is involved.

I am from that side and I know what they do and call "hustle" and that line is not selling like before again.

All my friends there are still trying to get their full papers, for than 5 years after. It's mostly usually tru seeking asylum....which means if u relocate, sch is out of it for a while. Except u ready for that

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 5:55pm On Feb 21, 2017
There's a ghana lady, two Ugandan ladies, a guy from serbia, one from Georgia while rest are from yankee here. In total, we're like 16.

Wonderful experience, I must say. The ghana lady is extremely cute though and na she dey observe me codedly. grin

19 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by progress69: 6:19pm On Feb 21, 2017
FrankNetter:
There's a ghana lady, two Ugandan ladies, a guy from serbia, one from Georgia while rest are from yankee here. In total, we're like 16.

Wonderful experience, I must say. The ghana lady is extremely cute though and na she dey observe me codedly. grin
I dey enter soon. Booked tickets already. Coming in tru JFK cos that's the route that can give me less than 2hrs lay over with the airline i am coming in with. Just about 3hrs drive from JFK to my final destination. I prefer that to all those 9hrs lay over i saw. Make i con feel yankee small too cool

13 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Neyoalao(m): 6:34pm On Feb 21, 2017
FrankNetter:

Congrats on your work bro. What does the job entails if you don't mind sharing. And be careful of babes for there oh sure you must have haerd enough jist about dem sha. Be safe Be great
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 7:22pm On Feb 21, 2017
We are having pizza for lunch

10 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lysiana: 8:21pm On Feb 21, 2017
I've been following this thread from day one....learnt a whole lot..all thanks to franknetter.

My flight is for next week.....still like a dream....

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by ichommy(m): 8:39pm On Feb 21, 2017
See as Pizza Rich, Kon Full. Compare to Ikeja Own.

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 21, 2017
ichommy:
See as Pizza Rich, Kon Full. Compare to Ikeja Own.
nah chin chin we dey chop here..

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by ichommy(m): 10:15pm On Feb 21, 2017
swtman:
nah chin chin we dey chop here..

Better Days Ahead Brother.cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Burger01(m): 10:15pm On Feb 21, 2017
FrankNetter:
Driving with google map is a baaaad idea.

Lol. Guy, you need to update your city map and store it offline on your phone. One sure thing is that you will always be rerouted if you missed your way. If you are on the highway and missed an exit just jejely maintain your lane and take next exit cheesy

As for the ladies, forget. After food....your guess is as good as mine cheesy

Nice thread smiley

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 22, 2017
ichommy:

Better Days Ahead Brother.cheesy
yes o
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 2:44pm On Feb 22, 2017
Apparently, due to the limit on naira credit and debit cards, individuals are finding it hard to pay for some items. I've been doing a lot of thinking and this is actually a good business opportunity.

I spoke to some of my uncles about this, and they're willing to help out. I could help you pay for items (school fees, shopping etc) while you pay the equivalent into a nigerian bank account. Hit me up if you're interested. Serious persons only. Small transactions first.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 2:45pm On Feb 22, 2017
See me here thinking I've escaped this nigerian girls mentality. After all the puppy dog stares, the ghana girl refused to give me her number o. Kai! cheesy

Nothing spoil sha, life goes on. grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.