Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (684437 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 2:53pm On Feb 22, 2017
When we were done with the training yesterday, I called mumsy to come pick me (no license, remember). After like an hr she arrived and we started heading home.

We branched into kfc and ordered some stuff too.

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Originalsly: 3:15pm On Feb 22, 2017
Hmmmm.........guy already become a fast fooder.....in blood test result would now be garri negative cholesterol active!... watch it bro!

16 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by alfonso36(m): 3:45pm On Feb 22, 2017
that ghana girl just dey form ni jareee, bro abeg if you want to be importing some of those second hand stuffs into naija, i ready to be one of your marketer out here ooo,
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 4:07pm On Feb 22, 2017
Originalsly:
Hmmmm.........guy already become a fast fooder.....in blood test result would now be garri negative cholesterol active!... watch it bro!

My aunt get small indoor gym bro. I go upgrade the dumbbells to male ones later sha. Na feminine ones dey here for now.

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 4:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
alfonso36:
that ghana girl just dey form ni jareee, bro abeg if you want to be importing some of those second hand stuffs into naija, i ready to be one of your marketer out here ooo,

No wam
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by therealchase(m): 7:50pm On Feb 22, 2017
lysiana:
I've been following this thread from day one....learnt a whole lot..all thanks to franknetter.

My flight is for next week.....still like a dream....

same here bro am just counting days at least it worth the wait and what's left not up to what we have passed through.
where in the state's would u be travelling too?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by therealchase(m): 7:57pm On Feb 22, 2017
FrankNetter:
See me here thinking I've escaped this nigerian girls mentality. After all the puppy dog stares, the ghana girl refused to give me her number o. Kai! cheesy

Nothing spoil sha, life goes on. grin

lol bro let categorize it as African girls mentality all na format jare prolly she doesn't want to look cheap or look like an easy catch. you watched this movie titled "just Wright"?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by ichommy(m): 7:59pm On Feb 22, 2017
FrankNetter:

We get small indoor gym bro. I go upgrade the dumbbells to male ones later sha. Na feminine ones dey here for now.

Nice One........ wink Nah to build muscle.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 22, 2017
FrankNetter:
See me here thinking I've escaped this nigerian girls mentality. After all the puppy dog stares, the ghana girl refused to give me her number o. Kai! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 22, 2017
FrankNetter:

Dude dont U like white girls?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by skitkid2(m): 2:09am On Feb 23, 2017
tescoman90:

Dude dont U like white girls?
I like kiss

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 2:27am On Feb 23, 2017
My court visit today was fun. The visit was part of my Criminal law and Procedure class. I got to sit-in in two a Sentencing hearings at the Hall of Justice.

In one particular case, a convict was representing himself and was making a case for him not to be sentenced to 28 years to life in state prison. He was quite eloquent, but I'm not sure if he was quoting and citing the applicable law correctly.

Another convict was also arguing for a lighter prison sentence, via his attorney. He was to be sentenced to 24 months' consecutive prison sentence, but was given credit for time served in custody; so the judge sentenced him to 16 months and 4 days behind bars.

There are over 60 criminal departments (or court rooms) in the downtown courthouse. They are broken down into Arraignment, Trial, and Sentencing departments.

I, and my classmates walked past a department that is presided over by an elected judge that questioned the authenticity of President Obama's birth certificate grin. It was our professor who told us about that judge's birther history.

Later, we all asked the judge some questions. I asked the judge a question on whether he hears plea-bargains. He said yes, because he also presides over Arraignments.

The downside of the visit was the lack of free parking space: downtown SD is notorious for its lack of free parking spacing. I had to pay $25 for 2 hours parking. Maybe I should have taken public transportation instead.

11 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 2:47am On Feb 23, 2017
What school are you in?
CFCman:
My court visit today was fun. The visit was part of my Criminal law and Procedure class. I got to sit-in in two a Sentencing hearings at the Hall of Justice.

In one particular case, a convict was representing himself and was making a case for him not to be sentenced to 28 years to life in state prison. He was quite eloquent, but I'm not sure if he was quoting and citing the applicable law correctly.

Another convict was also arguing for a lighter prison sentence, via his attorney. He was to be sentenced to 24 months' consecutive prison sentence, but was given credit for time served in custody; so the judge sentenced him to 16 months and 4 days behind bars.

There are over 60 criminal departments (or court rooms) in the downtown courthouse. They are broken down into Arraignment, Trial, and Sentencing departments.

I, and my classmates walked past a department that is presided over by an elected judge that questioned the authenticity of President Obama's birth certificate grin. It was our professor who told us about that judge's birther history.

The downside of the visit was the lack of free parking space: downtown SD is notorious for its lack of free parking spacing. I had to pay $25 for 2 hours parking. Maybe I should have taken public transportation instead.

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 2:50am On Feb 23, 2017
sirRiddy:
What school are you in?
USD - University of San Diego
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 2:55am On Feb 23, 2017
Cfcman, it seems you had a lot of fun.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:01am On Feb 23, 2017
FrankNetter:
Cfcman, it seems you had a lot of fun.
Yea
It was an exciting experience. It was like my third ever court visit. I attended some civil cases at the civil departments last year; and was sworn-in as a US citizen in a federal courthouse (which is directly opposite to the Superior court)

In my spare time, I would love to visit the federal immigration court to learn how removal proceedings are conducted.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:37am On Feb 23, 2017
Nice. SD is a great city with a beautiful weather and UCSD is top.
I have a friend in the Mech Eng. PhD program.
Enjoy the rest of your week. smiley

CFCman:

USD - University of San Diego

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:44am On Feb 23, 2017
sirRiddy:
Nice. SD is a great city with a beautiful weather and UCSD is top.
I have a friend in the Mech Eng. PhD program.
Enjoy the rest of your week. smiley

Your friend is really brilliant! Mech Eng. ain't a joke. A job at INNOSON awaits him... cool

Thank you. Enjoy your week too.

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 4:11am On Feb 23, 2017
LOL He is a whiz but his BS was from a top private college, Swathmore College.
Got rejected by Princeton, Cornell and Stanford but got into
UCSD and Virgina Tech. Tells me the rain is not nice nowadays though.
Innoson ko... cheesy cheesy
CFCman:

Your friend is really brilliant! Mech Eng. ain't a joke. A job at INNOSON awaits him... cool

Thank you. Enjoy your week too.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by pendragon35(m): 4:16am On Feb 23, 2017
progress69:

Lol. Are u from Edo?

The "hustle" ehn..... Don't let me talk cos ur uncle is involved.

I am from that side and I know what they do and call "hustle" and that line is not selling like before again.

All my friends there are still trying to get their full papers, for than 5 years after. It's mostly usually tru seeking asylum....which means if u relocate, sch is out of it for a while. Except u ready for that
U ar right bro,cos one my cousins residng there wants to relocate. Bt why uncle want me to go there na?
Bro progress abeg explain wetin dis dia hustle mean?

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by progress69: 2:55pm On Feb 23, 2017
pendragon35:
U ar right bro,cos one my cousins residng there wants to relocate. Bt why uncle want me to go there na?
Bro progress abeg explain wetin dis dia hustle mean?

Lol. Tell ur uncle to tell u the hustle na. grin

No be my mouth u go hear say Teacher mama die grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by AussieBebe(f): 8:13am On Feb 24, 2017
pendragon35:
Bro according to him he said notin lyk skul dat it z hustling tinx

Please focus on your studies. After graduation you can try immigrating to a country that is more favorable to immigrants. At least I know of Canada and Australia.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by 1Rebel: 3:34pm On Feb 28, 2017
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by pendragon35(m): 2:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
AussieBebe:

Please focus on your studies. After graduation you can try immigrating to a country that is more favorable to immigrants. At least I know of Canada and Australia.
Uwc dearie
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 01, 2017
Registered for the LSAT. Now, I have to target 160 in the exam
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by PtBlank: 6:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
CFCman:
Registered for the LSAT. Now, I have to target 160 in the exam

I thought you had write and pass LSAT before you could be admitted into law school?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 01, 2017
PtBlank:

I thought you had write and pass LSAT before you could be admitted into law school?
Yes
I'm in a paralegal program now

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by radwad(m): 6:59pm On Mar 01, 2017
@frankNetter,
You must have been in either Anatomy or Medicine department before u ran away... grin grin
All the best bro...

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by alfonso36(m): 8:44pm On Mar 01, 2017
frank update us na

5 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by PtBlank: 10:13pm On Mar 01, 2017
CFCman:

Yes
I'm in a paralegal program now

I wrote to some Canadian universities about studying law in Canada, that was when I got to know that LSAT is a prerequisite after your first degree.

Still toying with the idea anyway, the tuition na die.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 02, 2017
PtBlank:

I wrote to some Canadian universities about studying law in Canada, that was when I got to know that LSAT is a prerequisite after your first degree.

Still toying with the idea anyway, the tuition na die.
Yes, the tuition in Law school (and other graduate programs in the US) is too high. On average, one would spend over $135,000 in 3 years for tuition in the top law schools in my county. At Harvard, their tuition is $59,500 per year shocked

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by ichommy(m): 6:23am On Mar 02, 2017
CFCman:

Yes, the tuition in Law school (and other graduate programs in the US) is too high. On average, one would spend over $135,000 in 3 years for tuition in the top law schools in my county. At Harvard, their tuition is $59,500 per year shocked

shocked shocked

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.