Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,395 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) (73249 Views)

Garba Shehu Used Efe's 'Based On Logistics' On Twitter, Nigerians React (Pics) / Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land / Reps To Buhari: Suspend Ban On Importation Of Cars Through Land Borders. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by bilulu(m): 8:21am On Dec 06, 2016
darknetcom:

then you buy tokunbos from the rich nigerians..

this how its done in europe...our market is too open..

our tradecenter is not in france,its in nigeria...
you dash our money too much to foreingners..

those cars imported from europe are defects..

sometimes their brakes fail...
Buying from rich Nigerians..... Another way of making dem richer n become deity to other Nigerians. I watched were kano state donated Toyota cars to NPF yesterday my question is y not get from IVM? Those re d policies dat will help. Making all to face same treatment. Ban d entire importation if u want to grow ur economy
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by jahsharon: 8:25am On Dec 06, 2016
Dymaco:

tell ur useless govt. to make Nigeria port attractive and reduce the time spent in clearing of goods, u go see our port go full. the same car that was seized in naija port was cleared b/w three days in Cotonou.
remember that our Niger republic once used our port but now use Cameroon

That is part of what we are saying. A car that has been used for over 20 years in Germany, you now imported it to Nigeria to cause more damage to the Ozone Layer and the citizens' health, such cars are to be crushed and recycled and not running and emitted dangerous gases in Nigeria. Such are the cars that you import through Cotonou and attempt to smuggle to Nigeria. The gods of our land will not let you succeed.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by francisbarrack(m): 8:29am On Dec 06, 2016
ibrahimbashir99:

Yeah... Oh and the doctor said they're transfering your parents to a psychiatric hospital and it's spreading fast, just the way your siblings are been chained down... please see the doctor b4 it get outta hand.

Ur response show d type of person u r. U lack training n u r Omo ofo. Fiiidi jooona
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Nbote(m): 8:38am On Dec 06, 2016
ibrahimbashir99:

The only reasonable comment, thank you but that's why we're borrowing to put infrastructures in place while making these polices at the same very good time. Subsequently, mambila will soon be commissioned, while other power projects are going on simultaneously.
I'm also happy to give you these good news that we'll soon be celebrated as a country without power supply interuption. Thank you, your other beautiful opinions are welcome.

We can always agree to disagree in d end as I appreciate ur reasonable opinions as well.. Knowing our politicians for what dey are we can only kip praying for a better Nigeria. God bless Nigeria and on a lighter note, I'm currently on NEPA /PHCN/AEDC nite and lunch hour 2-hourly plan for d masses, even though I'm still being charged for unlimited light.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by gmacnoms(m): 8:45am On Dec 06, 2016
thesicilian:
Even those who don't have money to buy cars are reacting
because dey were hoping to goan buy from benin cheaply by demselves na. Now u wan make dem give up dat hope?
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by olaric(m): 8:49am On Dec 06, 2016
bashydemy:

How's buying cars in Benin beneficial to Nigeria?

I need an answer please?

Will buying cars in Benin affect out economy?
And I have decided not to give you an answer please!
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by megama: 8:50am On Dec 06, 2016
Abagworo:
Wonderful! Let us watch Innoson grow like the rice farmers. If this sails through then I will declare that we are having a quiet revolution. Nigeria is indeed on the right path.
who and who in Nigeria can afford the price of new brand cars tear nylon,in not only political class. The only reason why nigerians import from cotonou or togo is because their tarrifs are lower. Good and fine, good move only if the government reduces their tarrifs to match those neighbouring countries
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Bimpe29: 8:55am On Dec 06, 2016
After hardship comes relief. #nigeriagobetter.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:56am On Dec 06, 2016
HUMMMMMMM AND THE DUTIES ARE EXTREMELY HIGH..BUHARI YOU AND WHOEVER FIELDED WILL BE JUDGED HERE ON EARTH ACCORDINGLY ..LET ME QUICKLY REMIND YOU THAT YOU AND YOUR COHORTS PROMISED TO IMMEDIATELY BRING DOWN THE HIGH SEAPORT TARIFFS CONDEMNING GEJ AS OVER TAXING NIGERIANS..SOMETIMES AM FORCED TO ASK HOW DO YOU PEOPLE SLEEP AT NIGHTWHAT IMAGE DO YOU SEE OF YOURSELF WHEN YOU STARE AT MIRRORS?CHANGE YOUR WAYS NOW ,BECAUSE WHEN THE DOOM OF THIS BARBARIC ETHICS YOU SPELLING OUT ON NIGERIANS WILL BACKFIRE..EVEN YOUR SHADOW WILL ESCAPE AND LEAVE YOU.
sar33:
1. Importation of vehicles into Nigeria through the land Borders have been banned by the Federal Government. The prohibition order covers all new and used vehicles.

2. The Ban is sequel to a Presidential Directive restricting all vehicle imports to Nigeria Sea Ports only. The order takes effect from 1st January 2017.

3. The restriction on importation of vehicles follows that of Rice, whose imports have been banned through the land Borders since April 2016.

4. Importers of vehicles through the land borders are requested to utilize the grace period up till 31st December 2016 to clear their vehicle imports landed in neighbouring Ports.

Signed
Wale Adeniyi
Public Relations Officer
For: Comptroller-General of Customs

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/12/federal-government-bans-importation-of.html
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:02am On Dec 06, 2016
Nbote:

Wat local manufacturers? And by d way, rice importation was not banned
People wey bann am self don use their mouth take confess.
Abeg no argue for that issue undecided
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Dymaco(m): 9:07am On Dec 06, 2016
jahsharon:

That is part of what we are saying. A car that has been used for over 20 years in Germany, you now imported it to Nigeria to cause more damage to the Ozone Layer and the citizens' health, such cars are to be crushed and recycled and not running and emitted dangerous gases in Nigeria. Such are the cars that you import through Cotonou and attempt to smuggle to Nigeria. The gods of our land will not let you succeed.

do u know wat..... u don't know anything about custom. the day u go encounter them.
only in Nigeria custom that u will pay for custom duties and still pay custom for time wasted in signing ur documents. if not ur car will b seized.

just save money and visit Cotonou port and see how Nigeria port should be

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Ifebazz(m): 9:14am On Dec 06, 2016
mrvitalis:
I really don't get what is people's problem with this

Did he ban car importation? No

If u are genuine businessman this will not affect u in anyway.. so u prefer revenue that's supposed to go to Nigeria to continue to go to other countries?? I actually don't understand Nigeria
If it were more favourable to do business in Nigeria ports to the 'genuine businessmen' they wouldn't be going to other countries ab initio. So stop being smart by half.
The amount paid by 'genuine businessmen' account for the high price of vehicles in Nigeria. Why can't Nigerian ports have competitive rates with 'other countries'?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:18am On Dec 06, 2016
supereagle:
He will only encourage smuggling of the thing. He has bad advisers.
That is it. He will only make money for the smugglers.
While the masses are the ones that will feel it more.
What has Nigerians done to deserve this kind of president

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:21am On Dec 06, 2016
Seenyo:
Abi no be this senile f.ool dey cry for campaign ground?...suddenly powerdrunk!
2019 seems like a million years away! God pls do the needful to this naija pharaoh!
Lolzzzzzz

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by eplanning: 9:59am On Dec 06, 2016
IykeChukz:
Nigerians, let's continue to manage till 2019.

God knows we had not committed any crime against Buhari and his family.

Indeed, we'll have patience till 2019...unless otherwise!

grin
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by alaskido(m): 10:39am On Dec 06, 2016
Well guys, why complain. You guys voted for him especially the AFONJAS. So you got to live with the demon you voted for. Very soon he will ban you all from eating your choice food and also ban you from marrying your choice wife.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by bashydemy(m): 11:04am On Dec 06, 2016
Qualer:

i think, after going through this thread... i believe you are among the top 5 stupidest people on here! unbelievable! you have no iota of an idea how your economy works! shameful!

Did you ask yourself why cars are cheaper in cotonou and cars from nigerian seaports are almost twice the original cost? There is an assignment for you to tackle and gain some basic knowledge!

The bold up there should be meant for you, The question i ask you fail to answer it instead you result to insult.

How buying cars from Cotonou help Nigeria economy?

Mind you i based in Cotonou and am also into car business maybe you need to check my profile for adverts...

Nigeria have Seaports why Benin only have only one seaport then why not buy from our country so as to create more jobs and help or local importers to grow and might also attracts foreign importers like the Lebanese..

These is like a case of you having the ability to sell goods but your people will rather patronize outsiders instead of you how will your business grow?

Use your brain not all FG policy you need to go against, Did you see your masters like FFK, Fayose, ETC say anything about this? because they know it's right move.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by bashydemy(m): 11:14am On Dec 06, 2016
olaric:

And I have decided not to give you an answer please!

You should because you have no ideal how the said policy will benefit Nigeria economy. We have lots of Lands that we can turn to Parc for selling cars like it it in Cotonou and will be cheaper too when lots of people have access to importing vehicles.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 06, 2016
This policy affectede the most. I have been arranging my $1500 to buy a good car from Benin
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by solasalako(m): 11:33am On Dec 06, 2016
1st Nice move from the government since they started last year. The idea of dumping cars in Benin/Togo for Nigerians is lame in the first place, why not dump them in Nigeria, duties will be payed accordingly, strict policy on the type of cars (age) that will be allowed into the country. No revenue will be lost by government.tThe idea of dumping cars in Benin/Togo for Nigerians is lame in the first place, why not dump them in Nigeria, duties will be payed accordingly, strict policy on the type of cars (age) that will be allowed into the country. No revenue will be lost by government.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by centboy123456(m): 12:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
saintmark88:

I have told u, what u need is dick in ur life...........u need a guy with a larger pennis than ur boyfriends Pennis to reset ur brain

I have told u, what u need is dick in ur life.

Hahahahah bad guy wait o who told u she need a big dick haba oga take am easy oh
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Opeyemi4real(m): 12:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
mfm04622:

It doesn't matter the port of entry, the duty on anything imported is the same! Come through airPORT, seaPORT or land border, it is what you import that matters. Our car importers prefer land borders because they only settle customs and don't pay correct duty!
when you're ready to reply like a man who lives in Nigeria then I will reply accordingly!
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by eniwhy: 12:46pm On Dec 06, 2016
GMB will triumph and prevail, stolen money is not in circulation that is why we have challenges of recession. We need to be patient.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Mcanie: 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2016
#istandwithBuhari grin grin grin
let the sufferings continue, if not Nigerians will not have sense by 2019. PMB pls teach us sense so that next time we go vote with our brains.
Imagine in 2015 someone type on fb that '' even if it is a president as old as methuselah and without brain that they will vote for him.''
now they are complaining grin grin grin grin
more policies to teach us sense on the way. grin grin grin
PMB you were sent to teach us small sense so pls carry go cool
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by ShootToKill: 1:24pm On Dec 06, 2016
Thank God I already have cars. *Cruising in my honda Bulldog and Toyota Venza*. #HaterzI'mWinning. cheesy
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Justiceleague1: 1:27pm On Dec 06, 2016
youngsahito:
let Buhari kuku ban all of us in Nigeria...I hate this useless president
buh u voted for him nah..cheesy
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by MrGerald(m): 1:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
saintmark88:
How people see the right move and criticize baffles me........ Who Cotonou car epp??
Cotonou cars are very good and in good shape, in Lagos they'll change almost all the original parts like tire, ream, headlamps, side mirrors etc and replace them with inferior ones
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 06, 2016
thesicilian:
Even those who don't have money to buy cars are reacting
Brother a soothing comic relief. Even Buhari would repeat same if he read the conment of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by ibrahimbashir99(m): 2:17pm On Dec 06, 2016
francisbarrack:

Ur response show d type of person u r. U lack training n u r Omo ofo. Fiiidi jooona

Exactly what your parent had done and taught you.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by juman(m): 2:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
MrGerald:
Cotonou cars are very good and in good shape, in Lagos they'll change almost all the original parts like tire, ream, headlamps, side mirrors etc and replace them with inferior ones

The government must then battle the port rats.
Because nigerian port is riddle with many "thieves" individuals.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by delishpot: 3:22pm On Dec 06, 2016
thesicilian:

I stand corrected.

Its all good. Have a beautiful day today.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Lovechyld101(m): 3:22pm On Dec 06, 2016
If his gona ban it at least let him reduce cost of import duty..

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Buhari Commissions Abuja-Kaduna Railway (Photos) / Peter Obi's Kano Visit: See How Northerners Responded To Adamu Garba's Attack / Video Of Over 40 Cars Recovered From Ex-Governor Matawalle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.