Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) (73300 Views)

Garba Shehu Used Efe's 'Based On Logistics' On Twitter, Nigerians React (Pics) / Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land / Reps To Buhari: Suspend Ban On Importation Of Cars Through Land Borders. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by naijaking1: 3:17am On Dec 06, 2016
Squeeze and more squeeze of the people by this government. Buhari policies are simply anti-people!
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by fa44us: 3:39am On Dec 06, 2016
Banning is not the solution to our problem, in fact, it will worsen it. Why banning inportarik of what you don't have? Why banning the importation of what you are producing that cannot cater for 5 states in Nigeria(rice)?. No advanced country would ban importation, what they do is to produce enough for their country and compete with other countries in terms of quality and quantity and reduce the price locally. This will make the importation to die a natural death. If we have our rice of 10k per batg , nobody will import rice of 15k per bag. Banning the importation of car will lead exploitation and it will have negative effect on our economy.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by darknetcom: 4:19am On Dec 06, 2016
iluvdonjazzy:
Dear LORD what have we done to deserve this kind of wickedNess, we voted for positive change but all we are getting now is the direct opposite, God u did it in the days of king nebokadnezzer Lord u can do it again.

you voted for jonathan and lost...stop lying...

we will vote buhari again in 2019...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by darknetcom: 4:22am On Dec 06, 2016
Mcowubaba:
Buhari plan is to kill Nigerians with hardship, useless policies and services. We told them, but the said we are haters.

Enjoy till 2019, probably till 2023
By that time Nigerians will be very fit and slim, no money for fuel, transportation and food grin grin grin

Buhari wants Nigerians to be like him, like a sickle cell survivor........ Nigeria is doomed...
If you see way enter Mediterranean sea go Europe o, better to drown cheesy than than die of poverty angry angry

oya,pack una load and all migrate to europe..

we dont want una here..
you achieved to piss soyinka off..

make una clap for una sef....

migrate!!!.. angry
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by millhouse: 4:53am On Dec 06, 2016
no b your fault ....u dey house dey chop your mama food ,do u know what it takes to import through the Nigerian ports...
mrvitalis:
I really don't get what is people's problem with this

Did he ban car importation? No

If u are genuine businessman this will not affect u in anyway.. so u prefer revenue that's supposed to go to Nigeria to continue to go to other countries?? I actually don't understand Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by darknetcom: 4:53am On Dec 06, 2016
bilulu:

Wat is good about d policy cuz as it stands now it favour only d rich cuz only dem can import tru d sea y u re left to trek..... Y not ban cars importation as a whole if u really want to encourage local manufacturers? Am tempted to ask..... Are u not tired of defending d undefendable?

then you buy tokunbos from the rich nigerians..

this how its done in europe...our market is too open..

our tradecenter is not in france,its in nigeria...
you dash our money too much to foreingners..

those cars imported from europe are defects..

sometimes their brakes fail...
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Cityguy: 5:17am On Dec 06, 2016
Qualer:

i think, after going through this thread... i believe you are among the top 5 stupidest people on here! unbelievable! you have no iota of an idea how your economy works! shameful!

Did you ask yourself why cars are cheaper in cotonou and cars from nigerian seaports are almost twice the original cost? There is an assignment for you to tackle and gain some basic knowledge!
The guy just dey spam the whole thread with his folly.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by dumie(f): 5:26am On Dec 06, 2016
Change is here..

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by mapet: 5:29am On Dec 06, 2016
erico2k2:

So if I buy car frm Benin Republic . Im not allowed to bring it I to Nigeria ? ?

You are, but through the sea
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by bangging(m): 5:47am On Dec 06, 2016
[quote author=thesicilian post=51665889][/quote] moti gbo

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:00am On Dec 06, 2016
stpat1:
All he needed to do was ensure the adequate duties are paid and end up in the govt purse.

Anyways, this will surely shore up the country's revenue base and attract more jobs at our ports.
Nice move if you ask me.
E don be for Cotonou ports and Benin republic economy be that o.
trash! ask yourself have anything ever worked in the country
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:12am On Dec 06, 2016
henryhemon:

Are you expecting to be cheap? Anyway cars are very cheap oversea it is the import duties that makes them expensive .
Clearly you forget the prices are In dollars so irrespective of the duties we pay, what we now pay for such "cheap" cars, are no longer same.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by babs50g: 6:40am On Dec 06, 2016
@ ehis. I think the 48% total duty should have dis break down .
Duty rate 35% 7% surcharge 1 % f .o b 5 % vat correct me if i m wrong. 0.5% etls
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Qualer: 7:14am On Dec 06, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
what a shame to our youths,
So you can bribe someone conscience just to insult your president that is making everything possible for your unborn children not to suffer what your ineffectual buffoon and the useless pdp put you through.
Again if you think you small change of money to buy someone conscience, why will you import through land border
Is that done in advance nations?

You obviously have no idea how your country works and here you are citing 'advance nations' grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by francisbarrack(m): 7:22am On Dec 06, 2016
Lol. We voted for a dullard. Vision less leader
Let's vote this didirin agbaya out come 2019
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by sultaan(m): 7:26am On Dec 06, 2016
Those genius are so confused they come up with new policies every couple of months trying to clean up the last mess but they only make it worse.
Charging 35% duty is high but there was so much corruption at the ports most of the money was shared between the agents and custom officers.
A single payment amount by 5 year age increment would have solved the problem.

The government is trying to make money where it did not sow, but instead of making policies to regulate they make policies to generate killing the industry slowly.

To make laws things have to be reviewed to make sure it achieves its purpose, if the purpose is not achieved its a bad law.

The industry should be advising the government on what it needs to grow, it is not right for the government to dictate what it needs to generate more money
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Nbote(m): 7:32am On Dec 06, 2016
ibrahimbashir99:

Bros... China didn't become the world best economy a day, if we adapt which we don't have a choice, we'll get there.

Dey definitely didn't become the biggest and best economy by wishful thinking and wrong choice of policy making. I understand the point u're trying to make but what I'm trying to point out is dat there has to be a conducive working environment at best first then comes d aggressive policy drive.. U do know Unilever and most other major consumer items manufacturers operate from neighbouring countries as a result of our power struggles. Manufacturing needs heavy equipments and those consume huge power... If we can get d power situation ryt for example, and then dis it would clearly b a step in d ryt direction both on d short and long term.. D truth is d govt is probably doing dis to block one of the major revenue leakages and in turn it simply means if u need a car u'll b forced to pay higher for it and it's only those who can afford to dat can ship in vehicles.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Olu317(m): 7:35am On Dec 06, 2016
ehissi:

And where will they get dollars to ship/import the cars?

Lemme get this straight, so you would rather lose dollars to Europe and the US than lose local currency to Benin?

Are you even aware that the maximum amount of FX an individual can transfer outta Nigeria is $10,000?

Do you know the amount of headache it takes to clear a car from the ports? Which is even congested, before the ban was implemented, imagine what will happen now with the ban in place?

Why not borrow a lead from Benin Republic model and Charge more transparent and competitive rates instead of trying to use "Red-tapes" to promote trade at the ports?

Thats what an educated person will do, use a model that works..............and not this rubbish they want to force down the throat of Nigerians............ angry
... I tell you of truth, Buhari has nothing to offer us in this country. We made a mistake of voting for a man that has no knowledge nor wherewithal to make a change as profess by APC. I worked for APC and spent my personal money. How can a country that have borders with many countries in West Africa says she wants to block all Avenue for bilateral and multilateral trade with these countries?. Buhari seems to be out of idea because even in the upper north, they have more porous borders more than the South. Naira can't grow against the CFAS until Nigeria become independently self industrialized country. And this can only happen if Nigeria have a friendly and stable exchange rate for investors to come, especially the Nigerians in diaspora, that have been exposed to the nitty gritty needed for development in different sectors of the economy . And If the government want to make Nigeria's port more friendly, it simple,reduce multiple taxes on imported goods and make a target of less than 72 hours for clearance of good from the ports.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by ibrahimbashir99(m): 7:39am On Dec 06, 2016
VeeVeeMyLuv:

trash! ask yourself have anything ever worked in the country

Lawma, Ask yourself, has this been tried in the country before by a strict leader?
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by ibrahimbashir99(m): 7:41am On Dec 06, 2016
francisbarrack:
Lol. We voted for a dullard. Vision less leader
Let's vote this didirin agbaya out come 2019

Sharap there! You voted looters and drunkards.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:51am On Dec 06, 2016
Nbote:

Dey definitely didn't become the biggest and best economy by wishful thinking and wrong choice of policy making. I understand the point u're trying to make but what I'm trying to point out is dat there has to be a conducive working environment at best first then comes d aggressive policy drive.. U do know Unilever and most other major consumer items manufacturers operate from neighbouring countries as a result of our power struggles. Manufacturing needs heavy equipments and those consume huge power... If we can get d power situation ryt for example, and then dis it would clearly b a step in d ryt direction both on d short and long term.. D truth is d govt is probably doing dis to block one of the major revenue leakages and in turn it simply means if u need a car u'll b forced to pay higher for it and it's only those who can afford to dat can ship in vehicles.

bros this is very beautiful stuff and can only work in a place populated by sane people.

its seems like people are programmed to ensure that agency such as ports are completely rendered ineffective.
i dunno if it a curse

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by ibrahimbashir99(m): 7:52am On Dec 06, 2016
Nbote:

The only reasonable comment, thank you but that's why we're borrowing to put infrastructures in place while making these polices at the same very good time. Subsequently, mambila will soon be commissioned, while other power projects are going on simultaneously.
I'm also happy to give you these good news that we'll soon be celebrated as a country without power supply interuption. Thank you, your other beautiful opinions are welcome.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by francisbarrack(m): 8:01am On Dec 06, 2016
ibrahimbashir99:

Sharap there! You voted looters and drunkards.

Have u taken ur injection this morning?
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Dymaco(m): 8:04am On Dec 06, 2016
VeeVeeMyLuv:

this is the very reason why there is high unemployment rate. the dundderheads have choked up and clogged up the system creating a highly chaotic and disorganised system. why are these guys not willing to make the ports run smoothly at affordable rate?

if the naija system is allowed to function smoothly unemployment will disappear.

tell ur useless govt. to make Nigeria port attractive and reduce the time spent in clearing of goods, u go see our port go full. the same car that was seized in naija port was cleared b/w three days in Cotonou.
remember that our Niger republic once used our port but now use Cameroon
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by 0kp0nku: 8:06am On Dec 06, 2016
angeltolly:
sad Again I say This is how Nigerians will be waiting for Buhari in 2019
grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by jahsharon: 8:08am On Dec 06, 2016
wite111:
The clueless one again!One day we will just wake up and hear that Buhari has banned access to life.Don't worry,it is going round.Men wet dey survive through that way go see the effect of recession now.After all many of them voted for him ignorantly.Let them face it!

2015, I voted for Buhari. Come 2019, I will still vote for Buhari. I stand with Buhari and I don't care where you stand. Nigeria cannot continue to lose lots of money to Benin Republic and Togo. Benin and Togo Sea Ports imports goods from abroad and then smuggle them to Nigeria thereby making Nigerian government to lose lots of income. Smuggling is a crime in Nigeria. If the only business you know is smuggling, then I advice that you try drug trafficking to Hong Kong, Malaysia or China where death sentence is awaiting you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:11am On Dec 06, 2016
Dymaco:

tell ur useless govt. to make Nigeria port attractive and reduce the time spent in clearing of goods, u go see our port go full. the same car that was seized in naija port was cleared b/w three days in Cotonou.
remember that our Niger republic once used our port but now use Cameroon
bros we saying same thing.
what you typed is exactly what i want to happened.
but alas some unbelievable individuals (probably sent from hell) are messing up things big time.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:14am On Dec 06, 2016
jahsharon:

2015, I voted for Buhari. Come 2019, I will still vote for Buhari. I stand with Buhari and I don't care where you stand. Nigeria cannot continue to lose lots of money to Benin Republic and Togo. Benin and Togo Sea Ports imports goods from abroad and then smuggle them to Nigeria thereby making Nigerian government to lose lots of income. Smuggling is a crime in Nigeria. If the only business you know is smuggling, then I advice that you try drug trafficking to Hong Kong, Malaysia or China where death sentence is awaiting you.

me too
very nice.
but oga what is making naija system or port not be efficient like the one in cotonou?
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by ibrahimbashir99(m): 8:14am On Dec 06, 2016
francisbarrack:

Have u taken ur injection this morning?

Yeah... Oh and the doctor said they're transfering your parents to a psychiatric hospital and it's spreading fast, just the way your siblings are been chained down... please see the doctor b4 it get outta hand.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Nature8(m): 8:15am On Dec 06, 2016
Pharaoh9:

Who collecting goods from seaport with huge amount of money don help?

Don't mind that fool bro.. I bet he knows nothing about importation of goods through seaport, that's why he's here talking nonsense..
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 06, 2016
Another bad policy direction, why not make our ports competitive, open the ports in Akwa-ibom and Rivers state, ah I forgot there is one at Niger delta region too.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by thesicilian: 8:20am On Dec 06, 2016
delishpot:

I did not say it is evil. I said why would they not have an opinion even if they are not rich enough to buy a car? I made the comment because you said....even those who do not have money to buy cars are reacting. So I ask you, why should they fold their arms and not have opinion because they can not afford to buy any car today?
That a person means well doesn't mean every step he takes to achieve it is the right one. Or done at the right moment. The fact that the fed govt has an aim does not mean that everyone should agree with govt idea and solutions

I stand corrected.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Video Of Over 40 Cars Recovered From Ex-Governor Matawalle / Man Caught With Dagger Approaching Peter Obi At Oyo Rally - Bishop P.O Evang / Biography Of AVM Isiaka Amao (New Chief Of Air Staff)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.