Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,540 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) (73267 Views)

Garba Shehu Used Efe's 'Based On Logistics' On Twitter, Nigerians React (Pics) / Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land / Reps To Buhari: Suspend Ban On Importation Of Cars Through Land Borders. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 05, 2016
Bizibi:
ha! The electricity is bad here in wuse area,anyway I pray they make things easier fr us to buy cars at a reasonable rate

Well, here in Lekki - Lagos. I havent turned on my generator for like 2 months. It is as good as that. It doesnt take 30 minutes most days for electricity to come back when it goes off. The worst I have experienced recently has been an hour of black-out. I am one of the greatest critics of Buhari and a core Jonathanian, but I am honestly not biased. I am categorically saying, the ban policy is great.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by kayo80(m): 7:01pm On Dec 05, 2016
Abagworo:
Wonderful! Let us watch Innoson grow like the rice farmers. If this sails through then I will declare that we are having a quiet revolution. Nigeria is indeed on the right path.

Exactly! But some people have been blinded by hate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by dingbang(m): 7:02pm On Dec 05, 2016
grin

Lwkmd
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 05, 2016
expect a hike in prices, those managing our economy need serious tutoring.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Undisputed001(m): 7:02pm On Dec 05, 2016
Nigerians and sophisticated ignorance are like bread and butter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by erinalex: 7:04pm On Dec 05, 2016
olaric:
The most cruel president ever in the history of Nigeria. He is a military dictator in civilian robe. See what we have brought upon ourselves.
how can you say PMB is cruel? PMB isn't cruel but the devil itself. If PMB have his way, he will tax us for the air we breathe. PMB has NO economy solution to our plight. Expecting anything good from PMB is like waiting for cow to lay eggs. I voted for him, but am now regretting my stupid action.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 05, 2016
thesicilian:
Even those who don't have money to buy cars are reacting
yes.... they must not have the money to buy cars before they react.if they don't have today, they may have tomorrow

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Acidosis(m): 7:04pm On Dec 05, 2016
Kathmandu:
Can you kindly keep quiet. You applied for N-power 30k job and you know that you will need to save your two year salary without touching it before you can dream of doing window shopping for a toks car.

People like you with nothing to lose on this government obnoxious policies are the one drumming support for this government.

I won't mind paying you 35k per month to give up that N-power job so that your conscience will be free to condemn this atrocious govt.

Don't allow this N-power to be a Sword of Damocles over you.

Eph123 come and see what your friend typed

Please ignore that boy, I need that 35k, how do I contact you?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by calabardick(m): 7:05pm On Dec 05, 2016
The rod of the wicked is upon Nigeria

King Pharaoh

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Caleycash(m): 7:06pm On Dec 05, 2016
By the time this illiterate presidiot deals with Nigerians finish, u will all seek for asylum in near by African countries, mark my statements!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by reagand200(m): 7:06pm On Dec 05, 2016
When one road close, another one opens.

Are you planning to ship or already shipped your tokunbo vehicle ?

Call 08034603476
For the most economical cum reliable clearing quote

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by kayo80(m): 7:07pm On Dec 05, 2016
saintmark88:

I have told u, what u need is dick in ur life...........u need a guy with a larger pennis than ur boyfriends Pennis to reset ur brain

You are very correct.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by bejeria101(m): 7:07pm On Dec 05, 2016
Oponu daura! They should drop the cars on our head? Madman!
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by CXLVII: 7:08pm On Dec 05, 2016
Good one for Inosson!
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by kayo80(m): 7:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
mrvitalis:

U will have to ship it to Nigeria

This means u will have to pay double custom clearance, so u see it won't make sense so car dealers will now ship to lagos and other poets leading to more revenue for Nigeria, and this will also strengthen naira against franc

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by lakesider(m): 7:12pm On Dec 05, 2016
good we need to stop feeding Benin republic at the expence of our economy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by precious1967(m): 7:12pm On Dec 05, 2016
blank cheques was given to pmb to issue anytime. he started with removal of oil subsidy to rice to tyre and to cars. next ll be air.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by tunde2222: 7:13pm On Dec 05, 2016
Where is the rice. I av been searching for it in Lagos. And what is d impact of d ban so far cos rice is still very expensive.
Abagworo:

The idea is to encourage local manufacturers which is good. Aren't you happy with the rice revolution? I am.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by mrvitalis(m): 7:14pm On Dec 05, 2016
lordyugo:

so importation thru d seas means d revenue goes to nigerians?
So rather than d revenue go to a fellow african country it should go to a foreign country abi.
its ur kind wit stunted mindsets that destroys anythin they handle
90% of the cars that go to cotonu are Nigeria bound... what are they afraid of?

I never knew they manufacturer cars in cotonu

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Kenshinmunac(m): 7:15pm On Dec 05, 2016
Kathmandu:
Can you kindly keep quiet. You applied for N-power 30k job and you know that you will need to save your two year salary without touching it before you can dream of doing window shopping for a toks car.

People like you with nothing to lose on this government obnoxious policies are the one drumming support for this government.

I won't mind paying you 35k per month to give up that N-power job so that your conscience will be free to condemn this atrocious govt.

Dear I applied as well can you be paying me, I don't like it at all cry make my conscience free bikonu
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by eedris07(m): 7:17pm On Dec 05, 2016
Oloriburuku e no want mek we buy car again?
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by kayo80(m): 7:18pm On Dec 05, 2016
Billyonaire:
That is true, but my first investment after leaving paid employment was autosales and I did much of my importation from Cotonou. Those Lebanese are making huge cakes from us. I can authoritatively say the Car lots across the border are patronized 90% at least by Nigerians. And at the end, the cars are ferried through bushes of Idiroko even though we actually pay legally acceptable duties to get the cars in.

It makes no sense, because govt is not even getting the fees we pay. Its best to just stop it. And let me inform you as an insider. Even though Car Dealers bring in those cars cheaply from Cotonou, they will still mark-up the profits on the same equation as importers from USA.

I support Buhari on this, 100% and I think I might likely vote him in 2019 if the electricity supply stays the way it is or even get better. I am saving tonnes of money during this administration despite the fact that I never supported it.

Thank you for this comment. I hope some people will read and pick one or two things from it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Akaewu: 7:18pm On Dec 05, 2016
Custom officers are smiling..... Akanchawa don land.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Theflint1(m): 7:19pm On Dec 05, 2016
Abagworo:

The idea is to encourage local manufacturers which is good. Aren't you happy with the rice revolution? I am.
The idea is stupid. Local manufacturers should be innovative and they'd become a competition. This ban only makes local manufacturers complacent and further increases the yoke on the common man.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Triniti(m): 7:19pm On Dec 05, 2016
Chaii e don red for those lebanese guys
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by NovusHomo(m): 7:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
GuyWise:
If your answer is YES hit share but if NO hit like!

Yes.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by JaaizTech: 7:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
There is no need to ban importation through land borders. It is unnecessary, all Govt needs to do us to ensure they equip the customs to do their jobs better.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by yahmohy27: 7:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
Nbote:

Wat local manufacturers? And by d way, rice importation was not banned
then, even car importation is not banned
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by ephi123(f): 7:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
Kathmandu:

He too is talking? shocked I didn't know 30k can now purchase a car in Nigeria grin

Saintmark88 wants to buy a Lamborghini on top NPower, oh my goodness, this is tooooo funny cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Theflint1(m): 7:22pm On Dec 05, 2016
Abagworo:

What fu:cking "rice revolution? " Stone rice or rubber rice... Which?

Competition increases innovation. Nigeria should look beyond feeding Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Kano Visit: See How Northerners Responded To Adamu Garba's Attack / "Ole, Ole": Residents Chant As Dino Melaye Arrives Kabba, Kogi. Pics/Video / Aguda House : Official Residence Of The Nigerian Vice President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.