Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) (73391 Views)

Garba Shehu Used Efe's 'Based On Logistics' On Twitter, Nigerians React (Pics) / Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land / Reps To Buhari: Suspend Ban On Importation Of Cars Through Land Borders. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by darknetcom: 8:26pm On Dec 05, 2016
ibrahimbashir99:

Please clap for yourself... Odeh.
Only daft people like you bribe customs instead of paying your duty the right way. Well as for me, you have a choice of moving to ghana or that cotonu while we build our economy ourselves. Or don't you even think of the dangers of smuggling? and please don't come back to say our Nigeria because the thunder that will fire you is called ancestral thunder!

they way they like the black market..

they named it something nice called parallel..

thunda go smother t.....

we will use the nigerian constitution to slap the living the light out if them..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by blackprowler: 8:27pm On Dec 05, 2016
IykeChukz:
Nigerians, let's continue to manage till 2019.

God knows we had not committed any crime against Buhari and his family.

Indeed, we'll have patience till 2019...unless otherwise!

See you. Because Jonathan agreed to lose the election abi? Do you know how many of his people are still angry with him about it? Have you ever heard any ruling party lose presidency? Your eye go see ween. Until 2019 then
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by venom13(m): 8:28pm On Dec 05, 2016
Thunder go fire..... I reserve my comment!
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by KingsleyCEO: 8:33pm On Dec 05, 2016
GuyWise:
If your answer is YES hit share but if NO hit like!
If I slap you emmm. You no go school? You nor know say the answer na NO?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 05, 2016
Abagworo:

The idea is to encourage local manufacturers which is good. Aren't you happy with the rice revolution? I am.

which revolution... d rice I cooked yesterday all spoilt did morning...local yeye rice

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by delishpot: 8:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
thesicilian:
Even those who don't have money to buy cars are reacting
Mentality like this is why Nigeria was stagnant. So because you are not directly affected, you would sit and watch things happen without contributing in support or rejection?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by backtosender: 8:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
This is a welcome development Sai buhari
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by happney65: 8:39pm On Dec 05, 2016
When those of us that knew our History shouted to the high heavens about this Man.We where called all times of unprintable names..Now it is happening..Abegi is Nigeria producing cars in Large quantities?I mean which kain thing be this..Am Planning to buy a Car now this Man would just make the price of everything to go up..I Know Buhari is a Foolish Man,But never knew he is as Foolish as this..Habaaaa...This is the worst regime since 1999...o ma see ohh... omolola15 ohh yeah zoombie for life

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by lereinter(m): 8:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
wite111:
The clueless one again!One day we will just wake up and hear that Buhari has banned access to life.Don't worry,it is going round.Men wet dey survive through that way go see the effect of recession now.After all many of them voted for him ignorantly.Let them face it!

i know yu are a biafrog member

but how do u want coy like innoson and other car assemblying coys in nig to break even if steps like this are not taken

some think with your head..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by darknetcom: 8:50pm On Dec 05, 2016
angelusbrut:

which revolution... d rice I cooked yesterday all spoilt did morning...local yeye rice

migrate to europe..they have better rice their...

neeeeeext..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by borntosuccess(m): 8:51pm On Dec 05, 2016
rip naija
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by chiscodedon(m): 8:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
plaetton:

If you had any sense, you would know or would have been able to discern that the corruption, the gross inefficiency, the outrageous cost in time and money to clear goods at the ports is the number reason that people turn to smuggling goods through alternative means.
God bless you Mr Sensible man, am happy you used the word 'smuggling ' which I believe u literally know the meaning. so you would because the cost of rice in the market is high then legalize stealing it? am no fan of any politician but truth be told, if we keep on encouraging smuggling goods how then are gonna build, maintain seaports, you've been clamoring for more seaports, what then is the essence.you envy Americans,Asians,Europes but u don't bother to care what they passed through before they get where they are today.if we must grow Nigeria economy, drastic measures must be carried, this is one of them. you build your own economy not others, encourage local manufacturers,etc.. Nigerians we must suffer little for posterity to enjoy more, many that suffered, fought to make sure u are enjoying the peace in Nigeria today are no more,but they have left legacies,posterity now celebrates them. tnk u

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by darknetcom: 8:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
happney65:
When those of us that knew our History shouted to the high heavens about this Man.We where called all times of unprintable names..Now it is happening..Abegi is Nigeria producing cars in Large quantities?I mean which kain thing be this..Am Planning to buy a Car now this Man would just make the price of everything to go up..I Know Buhari is a Foolish Man,But never knew he is as Foolish as this..Habaaaa...This is the worst regime since 1999...o ma see ohh... omolola15 ohh yeah zoombie for life

migrate to europe...they have enough okrika their..

you both belong toghether...surely not naijeria...
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by happney65: 8:53pm On Dec 05, 2016
darknetcom:

migrate to europe...they have enough okrika their..

you both belong toghether...surely not naijeria...

Zoombie Spotted...
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by thesicilian: 8:54pm On Dec 05, 2016
delishpot:

Mentality like this is why Nigeria was stagnant. So because you are not directly affected, you would sit and watch things happen without contributing in support or rejection?
Nothing in my statement says whether I am or am not directly affected. Besides that, it is always better to understand the reasons for some government policies first, before one opens his or her mouth to criticize. Not every ban is ill conceived.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by mrvitalis(m): 8:55pm On Dec 05, 2016
refreshrate:

How is it that the Benin people can ship in cars to their country first, then Nigerians buy from them to bring into Nigeria which means two entries yet the cars are still cheaper than when it comes through Nigerian ports directly ?

Let's try to think things through before talking na
The operate a free port we don't
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Laple0541(m): 8:56pm On Dec 05, 2016
Kathmandu:
Can you kindly keep quiet. You applied for N-power 30k job and you know that you will need to save your two year salary without touching it before you can dream of doing window shopping for a toks car.

People like you with nothing to lose on this government obnoxious policies are the one drumming support for this government.

I won't mind paying you 35k per month to give up that N-power job so that your conscience will be free to condemn this atrocious govt.

Don't allow this N-power to be a Sword of Damocles over you.

Eph123 come and see what your friend typed

You must be involved in smuggling biz, if not you wount take it this far. In simple economics term, the step will boost our economy by checkmating smugglers.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by tivta(m): 8:57pm On Dec 05, 2016
The president of Benin will visit buhari and the ban will be lifted, just like during obasanjo's regime.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by darknetcom: 8:57pm On Dec 05, 2016
happney65:

Zoombie Spotted...

wailing wall of the south-yeast spotted..

*name checkers association surulere.supreme. informing change agents headquaters*

p..

new phänomenon..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by plaetton: 9:01pm On Dec 05, 2016
darknetcom:

i am not homo..thunda smother y...
Sorry, but you know, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it is most likely a duck. grin

In my life experience, I have found that people who are quick to dish out general insults at Igbos, in fact, any tribe for that matter, are usually people who have insecure, deep unresolved psychological self-identity issues .

So, you have better do some introspection, to zero in on the root causes of your Igbophobia.
I am quite certain that no Igbo schoolyard bully had ever taken your lunch from you. grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by darknetcom: 9:06pm On Dec 05, 2016
plaetton:

Sorry, but you know, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it is most likely a duck. grin

In my life experience, I have found that people who are quick to dish out general insults at Igbos, in fact, any tribe for that matter, are usually people who have insecure, deep unresolved psychological self-identity issues .

So, you have better do some introspection, to zero in on the root causes of your Igbophobia.
I am quite certain that no Igbo schoolyard bully had ever taken your lunch from you. grin

what??..

are you trying to hypnotize me??.

forget it..m.i am immun.. grin

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by olamakinde(m): 9:07pm On Dec 05, 2016
optional1:
Buhari i dy respect you before say u be presido but now you nedd Hot Dirty Slap..

no be u dey slap guys 4 ur dreams, why can't u start wit ur presido
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by mfm04622: 9:08pm On Dec 05, 2016
bilulu:

Wat is good about d policy cuz as it stands now it favour only d rich cuz only dem can import tru d sea y u re left to trek..... Y not ban cars importation as a whole if u really want to encourage local manufacturers? Am tempted to ask..... Are u not tired of defending d undefendable?

Have you thought about the reason anybody will pay customs duties TWICE? If you import through other countries, you pay customs duty there and also to bring it to Nigeria. The truth is, they smuggle these vehicles in, denying Nigeria her proper revenue.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by darknetcom: 9:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
olamakinde:

and see how many soldiers will que to slap am back..

i already said this to those confused kenyans in the east...

never start a fight you can not win!!!..

sorry..will not be enough...
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by plaetton: 9:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
chiscodedon:

God bless you Mr Sensible man, am happy you used the word 'smuggling ' which I believe u literally know the meaning. so you would because the cost of rice in the market is high then legalize stealing it? am no fan of any politician but truth be told, if we keep on encouraging smuggling goods how then are gonna build, maintain seaports, you've been clamoring for more seaports, what then is the essence.you envy Americans,Asians,Europes but u don't bother to care what they passed through before they get where they are today.if we must grow Nigeria economy, drastic measures must be carried, this is one of them. you build your own economy not others, encourage local manufacturers,etc.. Nigerians we must suffer little for posterity to enjoy more, many that suffered, fought to make sure u are enjoying the peace in Nigeria today are no more,but they have left legacies,posterity now celebrates them. tnk u

I don't know from.what angle you have read my.posts here.
Let me put it in another way.

The economy, demand and supply, the market place, commerce does not yield to brooms and sticks. It yields to good , consistent policy.
Water must find it's level. Same with money, capital and commerce.
Command and control doesn't work.
It has never worked,. Not for America, not for Europe, not for any Asian economy.

Streamline the ports, and customs for efficient service delivery at reasonable costs, and VIOLA! You attract both domestic and foreign user.
Simple.

This present measure will only create many more multi millionaires and billionaires in the customs and border agencies.
You know this to be fact.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by adisarasaq(m): 9:11pm On Dec 05, 2016
The truth is that it cost more to bring in vehicles in to the country through Benin Republic if you want to do legit business, because you have to pay double import duty.

You will pay to their government first then before you cross the border you have to pay to Nigeria government too the same amount paid at Tin-can port.

But Nigerians are very smart (in negative ways) once we pay to Benin Republic, we are not ready to pay to our own country so we engage in smuggling.

As a responsible citizen, it makes a lot of sense to import through our ports.

Ever wonder why car dealers will do anything to assure you that their car is Lagos cleared even if it was smuggled? Because that's what genuine buyers want.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by darknetcom: 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2016
plaetton:

I don't know from.what angle you have read my.posts here.
Let me put it in another way.

The economy, demand and supply, the market place, commerce does not yield to brooms and sticks. It yields to good , consistent policy.
Water must find it's level. Same with money, capital and commerce.
Command and control doesn't work.
It has never worked,. Not for America, not for Europe, not for any Asian economy.

Streamline the ports, and customs for efficient service delivery at reasonable costs, and VIOLA! You attract both domestic and foreign user.
Simple.

This present measure will only create many more multi millionaires and billionaires in the customs and border agencies.
You know this to be fact.

migrate to europe..

neeeeext...
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by datribune: 9:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
southpole:

Those cars imported through land borders are smuggled. by d way do yo know that when you buy a car through Cotonou you are paying custom duty twice? when a Cotonou man import from Europe for instance he pays custom duty to Benin republic govt and when you buy from them into Nigeria assuming you follow the proper channel you will pay custom duty to Nigerian government that amount to paying custom duty twice except the car is smuggled into Nigeria.But when such cars are imported directly to Nigeria sea port you don't have to pay another custom duty again since the importer has paid and such cars are healthier. Smuggled cars through land bordesr do not last long before they start giving the end users problems this is because such cars are usually driven into Nigeria through very bad and rough roads on very high speed and at the end of the day the money you could have used to pay your custom duties you will even add more to fix the car if it finally arrive your place.

How difficult is it 4 d Federal govt to realize dat it is better to collect smaller import/custom duty but make it up thru larger import quantity than to lose most of it to Benin republic who ar smart enough to keep their duty low & get high patronage frm Nigerians.
Govt needs to be smart & cut Benin republic out of business. If Nigeria keeps d duty as it is, no law will stop importation, legal or smuggled thru Cotonou.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by darknetcom: 9:19pm On Dec 05, 2016
datribune:

How difficult is it 4 d Federal govt to realize dat it is better to collect smaller import/custom duty but make it up thru larger import quantity than to lose most of it to Benin republic who ar smart enough to keep their duty low & get high patronage frm Nigerians.
Govt needs to be smart & cut Benin republic out of business. If Nigeria keeps d duty as it is, no law will stop importation, legal or smuggled thru Cotonou.

we dont want okrika moto no more...

anybody that can not afford a reasonable car will be forced to use keke!!..

finish dumping the defect products of europe in africa...

we need a ministry for street matters..

take out any cars from the nigerian streets that are defects from europe...

this will reduce accidents immensly...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by optional1(f): 9:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
olamakinde:

he will recieve his own set of the slap tonight...

Btw is OUR presido cos u r an omo afonja nd u voted for him. Me didnt vote cos i had no voters card at that time of election..

Check my signature pls we need vote..
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by whysquare4real(m): 9:23pm On Dec 05, 2016
sar33:
1. Importation of vehicles into Nigeria through the land Borders have been banned by the Federal Government. The prohibition order covers all new and used vehicles.

2. The Ban is sequel to a Presidential Directive restricting all vehicle imports to Nigeria Sea Ports only. The order takes effect from 1st January 2017.

3. The restriction on importation of vehicles follows that of Rice, whose imports have been banned through the land Borders since April 2016.

4. Importers of vehicles through the land borders are requested to utilize the grace period up till 31st December 2016 to clear their vehicle imports landed in neighbouring Ports.

Signed
Wale Adeniyi
Public Relations Officer
For: Comptroller-General of Customs

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/12/federal-government-bans-importation-of.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Signed By Jewish Rabbi & Enyinnaya Abaribe In Abuja (Photos) / APC Leaders Visit Jonathan In his Otuoke Residence (Pictures) / Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.