Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Who Says The North Is Feeding Fat On Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Says The North Is Feeding Fat On Nigeria? (2663 Views)

North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande / See Why The North Is Uncivilized Compared To The Cultured East / "Support For President Buhari In The North Is Now Religious" - Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Says The North Is Feeding Fat On Nigeria? by QuotaSystem: 10:40am On Dec 06, 2016
project8:
u are not making sense atall

grin

In fairness, the poster already stated that the article made no sense to him, so it's garbage in garbage out.

Quite unusual of that moniker I must add.

1 Like

Re: Who Says The North Is Feeding Fat On Nigeria? by mu2sa2: 10:49am On Dec 06, 2016
Instead of hurling insults, what you guys should ponder over is, why your leaders in Ss have chosen the path of thievery, which is the cause of mass poverty and underdevelopment of your region.
Re: Who Says The North Is Feeding Fat On Nigeria? by HtwoOw: 10:53am On Dec 06, 2016
Only iPod Miscreants can do that
Re: Who Says The North Is Feeding Fat On Nigeria? by TheEastActivist: 11:00am On Dec 06, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Clearly by sheer hardwork.

Intellectually disputing any of his points will be better than any pedestrian comments.

Emotional outbursts like the ones that have filled this thread don't count.

His statistics is wrong and wrongly put...

What concerns us with the population of kano??

All we are saying is for them to produce what will serve them not rely on some region to feed them fat yet has the audacity to be asking for more.

North is too dependent on south and needs to be checkmated urgently.

Meanwhile his minimum wage of 18k5 was wrongly put as the amount given to Delta, Rivers, bayelsa and akwaibom spanned 2011- 2015 given you four solid years.

Four solid years amount to 48months
Now when you divide these respective allocation given to these states between these period you will have their actual monthly wage that can be weighed with the stipulated prof N18,000 wage to justify his last lies...

Workings
Rivers: 63,000/48 = 1,312.5
Bayelsa: 212,457/48 = 4,426.18
Akwaibom: 158,542/48 = 3,302.96
Delta: 70,349/48 = 1,465.61

So going by this mathematics Rivers, bayelsa, akwaibom, delat got N1,312.5, N4,426, N3,302.96,N1,465.61 respectively monthly.

Now imagine the gap when compared with the minimum wage of N18,500. Yet the professor crookedly put it up for argument thinking that all his readers are daft and intellectually lazy.

To put it right these states aint even getting enough yet when they lump the whole money together it will seem is just given in a month or so but has spanned through years. Rubbish

The prof should go and siddon and stop serving his master and rubbing it on our faces.

Similarly, if the federal government’s ‘thank you’ SMS message - and the N2.44 trillion Ghana-must-go bag - had been given as ‘pocket money’ to the people of the Niger Delta Region between 1st January 2011 and 31st December 2015, every resident-citizen (man or woman, young or old) in Bayelsa would have received N212,457 per person; N158,542 per person in Akwa Ibom state, N70,349 per person in Delta state, and N63,359 per person in Rivers state. In a country where some states in the federation are struggling to pay the N18,000 minimum wage, and going by the FAAC allocations in the five years to December 2015, it wouldn’t have been too long before Nigeria begins to replicate ‘little’ Aliko Dangotes all over the Niger Delta Region!

2 Likes

Re: Who Says The North Is Feeding Fat On Nigeria? by QuotaSystem: 11:30am On Dec 06, 2016
TheEastActivist:

His statistics is wrong and wrongly put...

What concerns us with the population of kano??

All we are saying is for them to produce what will serve them not rely on some region to feed them fat yet has the audacity to be asking for more.

North is too dependent on south and needs to be checkmated urgently.

Meanwhile his minimum wage of 18k5 was wrongly put as the amount given to Delta, Rivers, bayelsa and akwaibom spanned 2011- 2015 given you four solid years.

Four solid years amount to 48months
Now when you divide these respective allocation given to these states between these period you will have their actual monthly wage that can be weighed with the stipulated prof N18,000 wage to justify his last lies...

Workings
Rivers: 63,000/48 = 1,312.5
Bayelsa: 212,457/48 = 4,426.18
Akwaibom: 158,542/48 = 3,302.96
Delta: 70,349/48 = 1,465.61

So going by this mathematics Rivers, bayelsa, akwaibom, delat got N1,312.5, N4,426, N3,302.96,N1,465.61 respectively monthly.

Now imagine the gap when compared with the minimum wage of N18,500. Yet the professor crookedly put it up for argument thinking that all his readers are daft and intellectually lazy.

To put it right these states aint even getting enough yet when they lump the whole money together it will seem is just given in a month or so but has spanned through years. Rubbish

The prof should go and siddon and stop serving his master and rubbing it on our faces.

[b]First of all, the population of Kano is very relevant because it gives a fairer picture of the actual situation as it shows how much the state receives per resident in contrast to the 4 main oil producing states, in light of the argument that the North is feeding fat.

Secondly, apart from the core oil producing states (Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Ondo), every other state (aside Lagos) depends on the oil from the Delta for sustainability just like the North. Yes this is including Imo and Abia who are producing less than 2% of Nigeria's oil combined.

80% of the total oil produced and sold by Nigeria comes from only 3 states; Akwa Ibom, Delta and Rivers.

Fraudulently hiding under the umbrella of the "South" to state that the North is feeding fat does not erase the FACT that all other southern states (including the SE and 1% oil producers) ALSO need federal allocation from Niger Delta oil to survive and are ALSO "feeding fat from Nigeria."

Finally, as long as the Land Use Act is in force, then there is no such thing as the North feeding on the south's resources. It's Nigerians feeding on Nigeria's resources.

The Professors submission was apt. [/b]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Says The North Is Feeding Fat On Nigeria? by TheEastActivist: 11:42am On Dec 06, 2016
QuotaSystem:

First of all, the population of Kano is very relevant because it gives a fairer picture of the actual situation (per capita), in light of the argument that the North is feeding fat.

Secondly, apart from the core oil producing states (Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Ondo), every other state (aside Lagos) depends on the oil from the Delta for sustainability just like the North. Yes this is including Imo and Abia who are producing less than 2% of Nigeria's oil combined.

Fraudulently hiding under the umbrella of the "South" to state that the North is feeding fat does not erase the FACT that all other southern states (including the SE and 1% oil producers) need federal allocation from Niger Delta oil to survive.

Finally, as long as the Land Use Act is in force, then there is no such thing as the North feeding on the south's resources. It's Nigerians feeding on Nigeria's resources.

The Professors submission was apt.

What you've said is irrelevant to the bolded..
I gave you the breakdown to dispute the prof submission and to prove to you that prof submission is half bake of truth...

Tap me when any northern state can generate igr to compare with the southern state...
Even ebony generates more igr than most of your states.

Also tap me when the north can generate common 0.5% of oil

Tap me when the north generate revenue for Nigeria whether by tax or not...
Even in civil service the south pays more...
In production the south pays more
In importation the south pays more...

What does the north pay more in for Nigeria even with their big population...

You are just being partisan and allowing tribalism foster along your judgement so I won't blame you defending your lazy asses up north... grin

North being a parasite is an understatement...
I blame Islam 99% of this cos with islam the north wl continue to be in perpetual poverty...

Kiss the truth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Says The North Is Feeding Fat On Nigeria? by QuotaSystem: 11:48am On Dec 06, 2016
And what you've said is totally irrelevant to the point of my post.

Until Nigeria gets off the addiction to Niger Delta oil as its only revenue source, the entire country remains a parasite to the region, and continues to feed fat on its resources. The North is no special exception, unless when viewed with your clannish, bigoted lens

TheEastActivist:

What you've said is irrelevant to the bolded..
I gave you the breakdown to dispute the prof submission and to prove to you that prof submission is half bake of truth...

Tap me when any northern state can generate igr to compare with the southern state...
Even ebony generates more igr than most of your states.

Also tap me when the north has 0.5% of oil

Tap me when the north generate revenue for Nigeria whether by tax or not...
Even in civil service the south pays more...
In production the south pays more
In importation the south pays more...

What does the north pay more in for Nigeria even with their big population...

You are just being partisan and allowing tribalism foster along your judgement so I won't blame you defending your lazy asses up north... grin

North being a parasite is an understatement...
I blame Islam 99% of this cos with islam the north wl continue to be in perpetual poverty...

Kiss the truth.

1 Like

Re: Who Says The North Is Feeding Fat On Nigeria? by TheEastActivist: 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
QuotaSystem:
And what you've said is totally irrelevant to the point of my post.

Until Nigeria gets off the addiction to Niger Delta oil as its only revenue source, the entire country remains a parasite to the region, and continues to feed fat on its resources. The North is no special exception, unless when viewed with your plannings, bigoted lens

Lol!! Is glaring the north is a populated parasite...
The north got more than they deserve...
Our problem is not being a parasite but accuring huge sum of FAAC with their numerous local government dispersed along 19 states which is harming the south.

My question to you Northern spokesman, is this, what does the north contribute in the Nigeria purse...?
That's what makes you a parasite...

A parasite is those who collect from someone and won't give..

Nigeria gives the north what is the north giving back to Nigeria to benefit the south...?

Like I said earlier: we give back to Nigeria via our tax, VAT, and import duties alongside our 1% oil...

What has the whole north contributed to the Nigeria purse? That's my question.

Mind you the south has started diversifying as we don't parasitically depend on the fg for our every endeavour...
The south now exports agricultural products.
We produce our rice, yam and vegetable
By next year,by Gods grace we will be a commercial exporter of tomatoes, yam, rice and vegetables.

The south has many heavy industries that produces varieties of local products like cars, motorcycles, computers, roofing sheets, plastic products, tiles, paints and a whole lot of others and we pay taxes too...
What have the north?
You don't have oil yet you lazy around bearing children almajiris you can't take care of...

The north has no reason depending on the Fg except being an official parasite with idp camps everywhere in the north.

Kiss the truth cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Who Says The North Is Feeding Fat On Nigeria? by QuotaSystem: 12:16pm On Dec 06, 2016
Compare the tripe below to the Professors submission. I'm sure you don't expect me to respond to such asinine assertions.

TheEastActivist:

Lol!! Is glaring the north is a populated parasite...
The north got more than they deserve...
Our problem is not being a parasite but accuring huge sum of FAAC with their numerous local government dispersed along 19 states which is harming the south.

My question to you Northern spokesman, is this, what does the north contribute in the Nigeria purse...?
That's what makes you a parasite...

A parasite is those who collect from someone and won't give..

Nigeria gives the north what is the north giving back to Nigeria to benefit the south...?

Like I said earlier: we give back to Nigeria via our tax, VAT, and import duties alongside our 1% oil...

What has the whole north contributed to the Nigeria purse? That's my question.

Mind you the south has started diversifying as we don't parasitically depend on the fg for our every endeavour...
The south now exports agricultural products.
We produce our rice, yam and vegetable
By next year,by Gods grace we will be a commercial exporter of tomatoes, yam, rice and vegetables.

The south has many heavy industries that produces varieties of local products like cars, motorcycles, computers, roofing sheets, plastic products, tiles, paints and a whole lot of others and we pay taxes too...
What have the north?
You don't have oil yet you lazy around bearing children almajiris you can't take care of...

The north has no reason depending on the Fg except being an official parasite with idp camps everywhere in the north.

Kiss the truth cheesy
Re: Who Says The North Is Feeding Fat On Nigeria? by ephi123(f): 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2016
It is very simple. The Northern states should start pulling their weight and contribute their own quota to the nation's coffers. It's a shared pot afterall so every one should put in, not just take out.

This needs to start first of all with educating their masses, there is no way a region can ever develop with low levels of literacy. Education should not be for the elite, a select few, but for all. There is no point having a huge population which is undeveloped, infact, that becomes a problem.

2 Likes

Re: Who Says The North Is Feeding Fat On Nigeria? by limeta(f): 1:51pm On Dec 06, 2016
Rubbish write up by a rubbish person for rubbish people to agree on.

2 Likes

Re: Who Says The North Is Feeding Fat On Nigeria? by TheEastActivist: 1:54pm On Dec 06, 2016
QuotaSystem:
Compare the tripe below to the Professors submission. I'm sure you don't expect me to respond to such asinine assertions.

Lol...
I understand you have no argument on your own but would have an erected dic*k each time a wayward individual decide to massage your parasitic egos cheesy

But before you reply make sure you answer this simple question yearning for your recognition.
what does the north contribute to the Nigeria purse...? cheesy

Kiss the truth

2 Likes

Re: Who Says The North Is Feeding Fat On Nigeria? by blazhykowskyi(m): 2:27pm On Dec 06, 2016
some people just need to understand what is called nation building.

you cannot get equal amount of resources. even in bayelsa state, not all the communities have oil. so the issue of parasitism will always arise.

I am from ondo state and I my local government don't produce oil but we enjoy from the 13% allocation. a man from my local government was appointed to head osopadec a couple of months ago and the oil communities rejected him.

a town in my local government always complain of Marginalisation because they generate more IGR for the local government.

so people should realise that the issue of marginalisation will always arise.
Re: Who Says The North Is Feeding Fat On Nigeria? by MrEverest(m): 2:42pm On Dec 06, 2016
Afam4eva:
It's funny how people write articles laces with grammar but lacks the commonest of sense. The writer chose to console and conciliate himself by analyzing issues that supports his position. Yes, the North and the entire country feeds fat on Nigeria and the Niger Delta specifically. Why is it so far to decipher? It it wasn't then we will not be talking about diversificatio of the economy. Currently, we are an oil depends economy and much of our oil comes from the Niger Delta. Whether Kano's population is 5 billion is highly irrelevant as they're supposed to use what they produce to feed themselves. You don't use the resources of another state and region to validate why you should receive more allocation. That makes you a parasite with entitlement issues.
Thank you my brother. The parasitic sense of entitlement of the northerners and the slavish support of the afonjas is at best disgusting & provoking. Every state must control its resources, enough is enough!

2 Likes

Re: Who Says The North Is Feeding Fat On Nigeria? by Cjrane2: 2:47pm On Dec 06, 2016
Northerners are parasites.

One norrherner came here arguing only 3 states have oil which northerners corner the money. cheesy

Even if it is one village that produces oil.

GIVE ALL THEIR MONEY TO THEM.

WILL THE NORTHERNERS EVER SHARE A PENNY OF THEIR MONEY IF THEY HAD OIL?

2 Likes

Re: Who Says The North Is Feeding Fat On Nigeria? by Blue3k(m): 3:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
Simple facts it's Northern politicians that are again ending the allocation system. They are the true parasites. I listed the stats hundreds of times with gdp, igr, igr to allocation ratios showing it's all lowest in north. Second what does the Northern geopolitical regions send to government coffers as as percentage? They didn't raise the tax money so saying you deserve tax dollars raised in other states is weird. These saying sharia states gladly accept alcoholic VAT as well.

Why us it northern politicians always struggling to keep this system if it isn't for the fact it would expose their basket case economic policies. Maybe because it enables unproductivity of states. Maybe because they don't want to compete.
Kano elder states ending allocation is Yoruba plotting against them. Sultan doesn't want it to end saying it well structured system.

Source:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/restructuring-nigeria-yoruba-agenda-yakasai/
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/sultan-joins-national-question-debate-restructuring-nigeria-needs/

1 Like

Re: Who Says The North Is Feeding Fat On Nigeria? by Olabestonic001(m): 4:40pm On Dec 06, 2016
QuotaSystem:

You must be kidding me. I expected an intellectual numerate argument to challenge the Professor's computation and all you could do is wave it off as 'abracadabra'?

Is your entire notion of the North feeding fat "from where it should not be eating" not based on the illogical and pedestrian notion that the nation's resources belong to a certain region, which is inconsistent with the law of the land i.e the Land Use Act?

Can you really argue that the fundamental issue is not how allocations are used to better the lives of the people, but how much is allocated to states to be looted by their executives?

Allowing sentiments to take the place of logic presents one in the most unflattering light.

In True Federalism, the Resources belongs to a certain region! its foolish to even be relying on others purse to groom your family. Normally, its embarrassing that some miscreants decided to blow a pipeline in the Niger Delta and the whole nation is suffering it. I am ashamed I am in a Federal Republic.

1 Like

Re: Who Says The North Is Feeding Fat On Nigeria? by QuotaSystem: 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2016
Take your case to the national assembly.

Olabestonic001:

In True Federalism, the Resources belongs to a certain region! its foolish to even be relying on others purse to groom your family. Normally, its embarrassing that some miscreants decided to blow a pipeline in the Niger Delta and the whole nation is suffering it. I am ashamed I am in a Federal Republic.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Again, Nnamdi Kanu Flouts Court Order, Grants Interview To Al-jazeera / Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity / Just Like The Biblical Judas See Who Betrayed Shagari Among His Table (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.