Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,723 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) (7738 Views)

Nigeria Army Re-open Maiduguri - Bama - Banki Road Closed Becos Of Boko Haram(pi / Senator Ali Ndume Slaps Habu Dala Aji; Mohammed Saleh Baga Beaten Into Coma / Business Activities Return To Baga Town Following Boko Haram Defeat(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by rem44: 6:04pm On Dec 06, 2016
As shared by Wakil....

'Military to re-open Maiduguri/Baga road Dec. 24, 2yrs after.

ChairmAlhaji Habib Kekeno, the Caretaker Chairman of Kukawa Local Government area of Borno on Tuesday said the military would reopen Maiduguri/Baga road on Dec. 24 following relative peace in the state.Kekeno, who disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Maiduguri, said the council had completed all the arrangements to reopen the road.

NAN recalls that the Maiduguri/Baga road was closed in November 2014 by the military after Baga suffered five major attacks from Boko Haram insurgents.The chairman said that the continued closure of the road had negatively affected fishing and socio-economic activities of the state.

“It is hard to believe that Baga used to be a lively trading centre of 200,000 people where merchants would travel to sell cattle, leather goods and trade in fresh produce.’’

He said that more than 2,000 fish traders and marketers were still producing fish in Baga, but they lacked access to transport their produce to Maiduguri.

“I went to Baga about 21 times and I can tell you that I have met our fishermen who stocked about N4 million fish, but do not have access to bring them into Maiduguri.

“Baga was the largest producer of fish in the Sub-Saharan Africa. Its fishermen bordered from Niger, Chad, Cameroon and some other countries.
“Before the insurgency, more than 300 lorry loads of fish are transported to Maiduguri and other parts of the country in a week. But now, no single truck comes from Baga.

“Borno get its fishes from Damboa Dam, Aloa Dam, River Yobe, others from Chad Republic, but there is no access road leading to these places anymore,’’ Kekeno said.

May Almighty Allah restore permanent peace May Allah (SWT) return and consolidate peace, security and prosperity to Kukawa Local Government, Borno State and Nigeria in general and May the souls of all our departed Brothers, sons and daughters of Borno rest in peace.

I thank you for listening, reading and for your patience.
God Bless you all.
Hon Habib Kekeno
Caretaker Chairman of Kukawa Local Government Area of Borno State, Nigeria

#Muhammad Wakil'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/12/military-to-re-open-maiduguribaga-road.html?m=1

Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by rem44: 6:04pm On Dec 06, 2016

Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by okosodo: 6:22pm On Dec 06, 2016
Boko haram is an aberration and the north is successfully deceiving millions with it. To all the christians that has been sacrificed, rest in peace

10 Likes

Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by utytill(m): 6:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
okosodo:
Boko haram is an aberration and the north is successfully deceiving millions with it. To all the christians that has been sacrificed, rest in peace
THE REAL TRUTH.

8 Likes

Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by Stalwert: 6:27pm On Dec 06, 2016
smelly luck decided his reelection is worth of penny of the arms money meant to fight bokoharam. ... may him and his band of thieves never know peace.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by KingOvoramwen1(m): 7:31pm On Dec 06, 2016
Rubbish!!!
Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by TippyTop(m): 7:31pm On Dec 06, 2016
Stalwert:
smelly luck decided his reelection is worth of penny of the arms money meant to fight bokoharam. ... may him and his band of thieves never know peace.

So you and your people that nurtured and paid for Boko Haram insurgency would know peace abi?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by koboko69: 7:32pm On Dec 06, 2016
Politicians should stop putting too much pressure on the military. December deadline is nit realistic. Yes Tremendousendous progress have made, but the faction being sponsored by ISIS seems i have reinforced and acquired more weapons and have started carrying out high calibre attacks again.
I also urge the military to talk less to the press about their operations. Its more like using the media to tip them off. There by prolonging the war.

Brutai have done well
PMB have done well in this war
But more needs to be done!

RIP my brother my friend Sgt Ahmed Adigun Frances (Lepa)!!!

3 Likes

Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by Qmerit(m): 7:33pm On Dec 06, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:
Rubbish!!!

Why the disappointment lolz
God pass una...

7 Likes

Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by gabazin080(m): 7:33pm On Dec 06, 2016
Qmerit:

From age 20 PMB was already making waves
In life go for research!
With your age over 30 now what have you done in life to help ur community not to talk of Nigeria.
u mean he is making waves by always being a disaster whenever he is in power?

pray that God rule your life like buhari is ruling this nation

1 Like

Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by iluvpomo(m): 7:33pm On Dec 06, 2016
cool
Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by gabazin080(m): 7:33pm On Dec 06, 2016
WILLYBABS:
I had a dream that some on this Forum bought me iPhone7...donot be stubborn.
Let God use u...u know how to find me
wake up bro.
u no get toto, so forget that dream
Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by Stalwert: 7:35pm On Dec 06, 2016
TippyTop:

[s]
You and your people that nurtured and paid for Boko Haram insurgency would know peace abi?[/s]

And those who support his stealing and defend corruption with their tongues shall know no peace

10 Likes

Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by Nutase: 7:35pm On Dec 06, 2016
shocked
Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by YeyeGirl(f): 7:36pm On Dec 06, 2016
undecided

Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by Olasco93: 7:36pm On Dec 06, 2016
Another proof that Boko FC (Red Devils) have been Tactically and Technically defeated using the dreaded 4-4-2 formation.
Conte vs Mourinho

3 Likes

Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by eezeribe(m): 7:37pm On Dec 06, 2016
OK
Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by friedcorn: 7:37pm On Dec 06, 2016
Buhari is very useless.....daz all

1 Like

Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 7:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
angry
Stunt .. more fresh meats for boko grinders. If i use that road make i die. Buhari go first relocate go there!

1 Like

Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by TippyTop(m): 7:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
Stalwert:

And those who support his stealing and defend corruption with their tongues shall know no peace

You created Boko Haram to fight Dr Jonathan, but who's having the last laugh now?
Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by balanceofterror1(m): 7:40pm On Dec 06, 2016
Stalwert:

May God forgive your ignorance. Can you answer these questions: Who's ABUBAKER SHAKOU, his family members, parents, siblings, age mates. Does it mean that no northerner knows this guy or did Shakou come from the moon. If I tell you what's happening in the war front, you'll arrest all the Northern elites and kill them. Let me stop here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by yaksdavirus: 7:40pm On Dec 06, 2016
I pray there will be permanent peace. Lord please heal our land we pray.

1 Like

Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by WILLYBABS(m): 7:40pm On Dec 06, 2016
I had a dream that some on this Forum bought me iPhone7...donot be stubborn.
Let God use u...u know how to find me
Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 06, 2016
Naso
Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by balanceofterror1(m): 7:45pm On Dec 06, 2016
friedcorn:
Buhari is very useless.....daz all

Very useless in deed. There's plot by him now to deal with all the Southern soldiers. If I have my way, I will miss in the WF.

1 Like

Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by TeleboiZ005(m): 7:47pm On Dec 06, 2016
Op can u see me

nobody shud use that road o
Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:49pm On Dec 06, 2016
Good to hear that. God bless our Army & God bless Nigeria.
Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by balanceofterror1(m): 7:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
TippyTop:

So you and your people that nurtured and paid for Boko Haram insurgency would know peace abi?

Don't mind him, do you know that the chibok girls na arrangee. I blame GEJ he didn't listen when we were telling him. The girls were not kidnapped but they were taken away and kept in neighboring countries. Do you know that Helicopter is supplying BH everything they want. We want to expose them now. NORTH IS EVIL EVEN IN THE BATTLE FIELD.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military To Re-open Maiduguri-Baga Road December 24 (Pics) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 06, 2016
I am already heartbroken by this development grin grin grin

I like news like Baga road closed because of Boko Haram. Then I will rejoice and type "We taught Buhari have defeated them"

This is how I behave. I like bad news and hate good one.

#IKnowMySelf

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Okrika Is Okrika" Belema Thunders. / Yorubas Should Never Ever Refer To Northerners As Betrayers Ever Again(photos) / Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.