Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

OzzyBosco Is An Igbo Chief, Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah & Chiefs - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / OzzyBosco Is An Igbo Chief, Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah & Chiefs (61875 Views)

''I Change The Face Of Naija Entertainment'' Cubanna Chief Pictured With Cardi B / E-Money Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah / Ozzybosco Shows Off His Many Award Collections As He Relaxes At Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OzzyBosco Is An Igbo Chief, Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah & Chiefs by Analog89(m): 4:33pm On Dec 07, 2016
interesting
Re: OzzyBosco Is An Igbo Chief, Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah & Chiefs by LilTyRoNe: 5:01pm On Dec 07, 2016
AFONJA's BE HATING ON IGBO THREADS LIKE..........
MEANWHILE WE IGBOS NEED TO LEARN MUCH AS POSSIBLE ABOUT OUR IGBO CULTURE RELATED MATTERS,CAUSE THATS WHATS GIVING THEM afonja RIGHTS AND MORAL TO EVEN COMMENT RUBBISH ON THIS POST,LIKE WE DONT KNOW OURSELVES.

1 Like

Re: OzzyBosco Is An Igbo Chief, Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah & Chiefs by Ojukwubucket(m): 5:35pm On Dec 07, 2016
NWATA KWOCHA AKA, O SORO OGARANYA RIE!
THIS SERVES AS A LESSON TO ALL THOSE KIDS WHO AIN'T PROUD OF BEING IGBO. WELL WE AIN'T PROUD OF YOU TOO CUZ WE HAVE LOTS OF PEOPLE WHO ARE PROUD OF BEING IGBO.
KA CHINEKE MEZIE OKWU!
Re: OzzyBosco Is An Igbo Chief, Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah & Chiefs by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 07, 2016
Jafar1:
e concern government?
That gif though grin
Re: OzzyBosco Is An Igbo Chief, Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah & Chiefs by babz007(m): 6:20pm On Dec 07, 2016
The 3rd pix
the man with the white attire and beard chief Dr chukwuemeka Ezeife, a one time presidential candidate who contested the 1999 elections with chief olusegun obasanjo and olu falae
Re: OzzyBosco Is An Igbo Chief, Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah & Chiefs by Princedaniel: 6:23pm On Dec 07, 2016
HungerBAD:
Just curious,

If i understand what i read in this article very well, the young boy is a real Chief?how is that even possible?you guys should pardon my ignorance, as everyday we learn.

I must admit, i do not understand how the Eastern Culture works, but in most cultures in Nigeria, Chiefdoms are bestowed on mostly older people who are not only accomplished in life, but have contributed to their society in an immense way.

And even in some Cultures, there are rites of passages, and some secret initiations that has to take place to be honoured as a Chief. And that is why i am puzzled and confused here.

Can anybody be kind enough to educate me on how Chieftaincy titles are gotten in the East?

By the way, the sweat on that guy's body on picture 7 gives me the creeps. I am trying to imagine how those standing close to him could breathe, it is as if he took a shower right there.

I guess you are mistaking chieftaincy title for Eze/King/Igwe. Or maybe, you are just trying to be mischievous and disrespectful to Igbos as usual.

In Igboland, Eze/King/Igwe could be attained by hereditary, election or concession. It is usually conferred on very respectable, outstanding and accomplished adults ( children in the case of hereditary). Their job description is to "lord" and preside over a given kingdom.

Chieftaincy title (Chief), just like the one given to Bosco could be given to anyone (male, female, Yoruba, white man, young, old). They are given at the discretion of the King and his cabinet. They are given to people who have impacted the kingdom positively. They Lord or rule over nobody.
Re: OzzyBosco Is An Igbo Chief, Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah & Chiefs by ylaa(f): 6:52pm On Dec 07, 2016
A small boy a red cap chief?
Idonbelieveit

1 Like

Re: OzzyBosco Is An Igbo Chief, Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah & Chiefs by bluntly: 6:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
there are young kings and chiefs in every part of nigeria .okay?
the title could be for his dad, so the dad could decide to make him take up the title on his behalf which happens in every part of Nigeria,okay
beside the meaning of the title is for people of his age
Re: OzzyBosco Is An Igbo Chief, Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah & Chiefs by Danimighty7(m): 7:08pm On Dec 07, 2016
RareDiamonds:
THE FACT THE KID IS DRESSED IN IGBO ATTIRE DOES NOT MAKE HIM A CHIEF. HE IS NOT A CHIEF

THE CREATOR OF THIS THREAD USED A MISCHIEVOUS HEADLINE TO ATTRACT PEOPLE TO HIS NONSENSE AND ID1OTIC BLOG. HUNGRY AND ANGRY BLOGGERS ARE OUT DISHING OUT LIES IN THEIR FAILED ATTEMPT TO SURVIVE THE RECESSION,
Exactly the same way you are just adorning a human skin
But an orangutan brain resides in your skull
Don't you posses the mental capabilities needed to just open another tab on your browser and search the net ?!!
Re: OzzyBosco Is An Igbo Chief, Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah & Chiefs by selflover(f): 7:56pm On Dec 07, 2016
Am I the the only one seeing that d boy is fresh
Re: OzzyBosco Is An Igbo Chief, Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah & Chiefs by decatalyst(m): 8:04pm On Dec 07, 2016
dikerebel:
YOU weh hold education tight how your life be?

It did well for me.

Quite unfortunate you can't say the same. So sorry for you wink
Re: OzzyBosco Is An Igbo Chief, Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah & Chiefs by Cloetrish(f): 8:48pm On Dec 07, 2016
The boy is really an igbo chief n he was given cos he merit it. So doubtin thomas's should learn to accept it
Re: OzzyBosco Is An Igbo Chief, Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah & Chiefs by OlivetBen(m): 9:49pm On Dec 07, 2016
HungerBAD:
Just curious,

If i understand what i read in this article very well, the young boy is a real Chief?how is that even possible?you guys should pardon my ignorance, as everyday we learn.

I must admit, i do not understand how the Eastern Culture works, but in most cultures in Nigeria, Chiefdoms are bestowed on mostly older people who are not only accomplished in life, but have contributed to their society in an immense way.

And even in some Cultures, there are rites of passages, and some secret initiations that has to take place to be honoured as a Chief. And that is why i am puzzled and confused here.

Can anybody be kind enough to educate me on how Chieftaincy titles are gotten in the East?

By the way, the sweat on that guy's body on picture 7 gives me the creeps. I am trying to imagine how those standing close to him could breathe, it is as if he took a shower right there.
Easterners can only bestow a title/titles on somebody who has contributed to the growth and development of the community no matter how young you are. And as much as I know I don't think there is any rituals involved or attached to it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OzzyBosco Is An Igbo Chief, Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah & Chiefs by escapefromusa(f): 10:49pm On Dec 07, 2016
I guess you are mistaking chieftaincy title for Eze/King/Igwe. Or maybe, you are just trying to be mischievous and disrespectful to Igbos as usual.

Chieftaincy titles have long lost their value in the lipsrsealed
Re: OzzyBosco Is An Igbo Chief, Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah & Chiefs by Lanceslot(m): 10:56pm On Dec 07, 2016
HungerBAD:
Just curious,

In Igbo land there's this saying that 'nwata kwocha aka osoro ogaranya rie' that's the definition of what you saw above .

1 Like

Re: OzzyBosco Is An Igbo Chief, Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah & Chiefs by donvicky2007: 11:27pm On Dec 07, 2016
SoNature:
I love his attire...I'm definitely getting one for myself this Christmas. Igbo amaka!

That attire is one of igbo's pride . A yard of the cultural attire goes for 15k.
Re: OzzyBosco Is An Igbo Chief, Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah & Chiefs by DedeNkem: 3:05am On Dec 08, 2016
A useless Igbo king abused his power by giving a child a chieftaincy title! This is not done anywhere in Igboland!

What a disrespect to adult Chiefs. A mockery of tradition!
Re: OzzyBosco Is An Igbo Chief, Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah & Chiefs by peaceMma(f): 6:31am On Dec 08, 2016
HungerBAD:
Just curious,

if ur worthy enough nd v tried fr d community,u wud b given a chieftaincy title ,nd if u want, bf u cn get it yrsf,u wud b with cash to spend ,nd Nt easily gotten by yrsf, trust me,dr is no.such thing as secret initiations,less d person is devilish nd occultic frm onset,as fr Ozzy,dr community Myt v given him d chief title becus he has tried fr dem Buh trust me,if its true,it nt right at all, nd I bliv he ain't a chief,, because kids can also dress like chiefs wen dy re Nt one,it a normal attire

1 Like

Re: OzzyBosco Is An Igbo Chief, Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah & Chiefs by Emmacolinho(m): 6:37am On Dec 08, 2016
Oh I hate tradition! Is anyone thinking like me?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Ayade Appoints Gedoni Ekpata Special Assistant On Garment Factory / 52-Year-Old Jennifer Lopez Shows Her Fit Physique For New Netflix Project / This Government Is A Failure - Mr Macaroni Tells Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.