Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

In Venezuela, Women Selling Hair To Make Ends Meet - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In Venezuela, Women Selling Hair To Make Ends Meet (530 Views)

Twitter User Shared How His Girlfriend Ordered Him To Cut His Hair To Please Her / Man Runs Into His Ex, Wants One More Sex, The Final, Ends Up Marrying Her (Photo / I Won't Sell Hair To Ladies Who Wear Fake Camel Toe -nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In Venezuela, Women Selling Hair To Make Ends Meet by oyetpel(m): 7:26am On Dec 07, 2016
The economic situation in Venezuela has grown so dire
that women are selling their hair to make enough to buy
basic necessities.
In a trend that has gained momentum in recent weeks,
the women are thronging to a bridge that connects
Venezuela and Colombia, and selling their locks to self-
appointed brokers who then sell the hair as extensions to
Colombians.
It is the latest desperate measure to stem from the crisis
that includes shortages of such things as food and
medicine, as well as an inflation rate that now ranks as
the highest in the world.
In an interview with Reuters, Celina Gonzales, 45, said
she turned to selling her hair to buy medicine to relieve
pain."I suffer arthritis and I need to buy medicine,”
Reuters quoted Gonzales as saying, adding that she did
not tell her family about what she had opted to do.
“This won't be much, but at least I can buy painkillers."
Gonzales waited in a long line for an hour to sell her hair
for 60,000 Colombian pesos, or $20. That is about a
month’s salary, Reuters said.

www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/06/in-venezuela-women-selling-hair-to-make-ends-meet.html
Re: In Venezuela, Women Selling Hair To Make Ends Meet by Nutase: 7:48am On Dec 07, 2016
angry
Re: In Venezuela, Women Selling Hair To Make Ends Meet by Timmypromise(m): 8:18am On Dec 07, 2016
At least There are not stealing.

(1) (Reply)

How To Keep A Neat House As A Single / Right Or Wrong / My Advice To Young People About Marriage By Queen Johnson.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.