Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

How To Figure Out If Someone Is Interested In You From Eye Contact. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Figure Out If Someone Is Interested In You From Eye Contact. (1631 Views)

Please Help! My Husband's Brother Is Interested In Me / Why Does Meaghan Markle Love To Do Eye Contact With Harry All The Time / CONFIDENCE: How To Develop Confidence With Eye Contact And Wink [images] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Figure Out If Someone Is Interested In You From Eye Contact. by durentsneh(m): 9:11am On Dec 07, 2016
Eye contact is important, especially in dating and gauging people’s attraction to you. Everyone should have a basic understanding of what each person is eye-coding them in any given situation, and it doesn’t take a cryptographer to figure it out. Or if it does, then fvck it, I’m that cryptographer. Here is an entirely overly-analytical, and mostly-satircal-but-kinda-true-too guide to the levels of eye contact and what they mean.

Level (-1): No Contact (Intentional) – Beyond the lowest level of eye contact, this is when someone is not only not making eye contact with you, but they’re consciously making an effort to NOT look at you. In the heights of sexual intimacy, Level (-1) is subterranean. It’s a person’s way of saying, “Get away from me, creep,” without, you know, actually saying it. This eye contact (or lack thereof) is typically reserved for the Hot mouth-breathers who stare at a girl’s tits, obnoxious drunk guys in full-on bro-mode, the crazed ex-girlfriend stalker, or any other potential rapist in one’s vicinity. Level (-1) eye contact can also occur within a conversation. So just because he or she is responding to you verbally doesn’t mean you’re out of the gates yet. Put simply, if someone is intentionally making an effort to NOT look at you, they’re not interested. It’s the anti-intimacy. The non-verbal cue for “Give it up…”

That or you have some mustard on your face.
Re: How To Figure Out If Someone Is Interested In You From Eye Contact. by durentsneh(m): 9:12am On Dec 07, 2016
Level 0: No Contact (Unintentional) – An unintentional absence of eye contact signals a lack of knowledge you exist. It means nothing other than they haven’t noticed you. Either they’re busy and focusing on something else, or you’re about as intriguing to look at as grandma’s new wallpaper.

Level 1: Glance (Unconscious) – An unconscious glance is that moment when someone looks up at you and then immediately looks away, although they’re not aware of what they’re looking at. It’s basically when their eyes are wandering around and coincidentally meet yours for a moment and then continue wandering. The key here is that he or she is not aware of them meeting and therefore nothing is registering to them as particularly interesting or enticing in that moment. Just like Level 0, this level of eye contact is neutral and there’s not much to take away from it. Most people aren’t paying attention to what they’re looking at most of the time.
Re: How To Figure Out If Someone Is Interested In You From Eye Contact. by durentsneh(m): 9:13am On Dec 07, 2016
Level 2: Glance (Conscious) – The second level of eye contact is the first type of eye contact where you’ve possibly made a positive impression on a person. This is when your eyes and theirs happen to meet and then they look away immediately, except they look away consciously, whether it be shyness, awkwardness, or disinterest. Body language studies claim that a person who breaks eye contact with you by looking down is intimidated (i.e., attracted) and a person who breaks eye contact by looking to the side is indifferent (i.e., not attracted). I have no idea if this is true or not. But if someone breaks eye contact with you quickly and intentionally, it’s usually a polarized response: they’re either attracted and momentarily self-conscious by your presence, or they’re uninterested and avoiding making contact altogether. Most people are not comfortable holding eye contact with strangers, what would signal the interest here is that their eyes were drawn to you in the first place. So it’s not the breaking it so much that is important, what’s important is that they consciously looked at you.

Differentiating between Level 2 eye contact and Level 1 eye contact is subtle and hard to do consistently with any sort of accuracy. Although you do pick up some acuity over time. It’s impossible to ever be 100% certain what someone else’s intentions are, so why not just assume everyone who makes strong eye contact with you is attracted until proven otherwise?

A good exercise for someone who is new or shy is to practice never breaking eye contact with people before they break it with you. Walk around all day and make eye contact with people you find interesting or attractive. You’ll feel uncomfortable making eye contact with strangers, but that’s the idea. Keep doing it until it feels natural. It will help your confidence.

Level 3: Glance and a Half – Level 3 is the first level where interest is conveyed, ever so slightly. Like the other lower levels of eye contact, the glance and a half is subtle and difficult to notice without a lot of practice. It’s when someone looks at you and breaks eye contact as they normally do, but they hold the eye contact for a split second longer than is normal. I’m talking maybe 1/4 of a second longer. Whereas Level 2 eye contact may last half a second, Level 3 will last 3/4 of a second. It’s subtle, it’s short, and it’s unconscious. Humans are wired to spend more time looking at things they find attractive on an unconscious level. So in their mind, they’re still breaking eye contact with you, but in practice, they’re actually looking at you 50% longer than they would normally.

It took me a while to start picking up on Level 3 eye contact. Level 3 happens most often when they are consciously focused on something else, such as on their cell phone or talking to somebody they’re with. They don’t realize that they’re looking at you as long as they are. Any eye contact from Level 3 and should be a strong incentive for the two of you to at least have a conversation.

1 Like

Re: How To Figure Out If Someone Is Interested In You From Eye Contact. by herzern1(m): 9:15am On Dec 07, 2016

Re: How To Figure Out If Someone Is Interested In You From Eye Contact. by dingbang(m): 9:15am On Dec 07, 2016
durentsneh:
[s]Eye contact is important, especially in dating and gauging people’s attraction to you. Everyone should have a basic understanding of what each person is eye-coding them in any given situation, and it doesn’t take a cryptographer to figure it out. Or if it does, then fvck it, I’m that cryptographer. Here is an entirely overly-analytical, and mostly-satircal-but-kinda-true-too guide to the levels of eye contact and what they mean.

Level (-1): No Contact (Intentional) – Beyond the lowest level of eye contact, this is when someone is not only not making eye contact with you, but they’re consciously making an effort to NOT look at you. In the heights of sexual intimacy, Level (-1) is subterranean. It’s a person’s way of saying, “Get away from me, creep,” without, you know, actually saying it. This eye contact (or lack thereof) is typically reserved for the Hot mouth-breathers who stare at a girl’s tits, obnoxious drunk guys in full-on bro-mode, the crazed ex-girlfriend stalker, or any other potential rapist in one’s vicinity. Level (-1) eye contact can also occur within a conversation. So just because he or she is responding to you verbally doesn’t mean you’re out of the gates yet. Put simply, if someone is intentionally making an effort to NOT look at you, they’re not interested. It’s the anti-intimacy. The non-verbal cue for “Give it up…”

That or you have some mustard on your face[/s].
Re: How To Figure Out If Someone Is Interested In You From Eye Contact. by dingbang(m): 9:16am On Dec 07, 2016
durentsneh:
[s]Level 0: No Contact (Unintentional) – An unintentional absence of eye contact signals a lack of knowledge you exist. It means nothing other than they haven’t noticed you. Either they’re busy and focusing on something else, or you’re about as intriguing to look at as grandma’s new wallpaper.

Level 1: Glance (Unconscious) – An unconscious glance is that moment when someone looks up at you and then immediately looks away, although they’re not aware of what they’re looking at. It’s basically when their eyes are wandering around and coincidentally meet yours for a moment and then continue wandering. The key here is that he or she is not aware of them meeting and therefore nothing is registering to them as particularly interesting or enticing in that moment. Just like Level 0, this level of eye contact is neutral and there’s not much to take away from it. Most people aren’t paying attention to what they’re looking at most of the time.[/s]
Re: How To Figure Out If Someone Is Interested In You From Eye Contact. by dingbang(m): 9:17am On Dec 07, 2016
durentsneh:
[s]Level 2: Glance (Conscious) – The second level of eye contact is the first type of eye contact where you’ve possibly made a positive impression on a person. This is when your eyes and theirs happen to meet and then they look away immediately, except they look away consciously, whether it be shyness, awkwardness, or disinterest. Body language studies claim that a person who breaks eye contact with you by looking down is intimidated (i.e., attracted) and a person who breaks eye contact by looking to the side is indifferent (i.e., not attracted). I have no idea if this is true or not. But if someone breaks eye contact with you quickly and intentionally, it’s usually a polarized response: they’re either attracted and momentarily self-conscious by your presence, or they’re uninterested and avoiding making contact altogether. Most people are not comfortable holding eye contact with strangers, what would signal the interest here is that their eyes were drawn to you in the first place. So it’s not the breaking it so much that is important, what’s important is that they consciously looked at you.

Differentiating between Level 2 eye contact and Level 1 eye contact is subtle and hard to do consistently with any sort of accuracy. Although you do pick up some acuity over time. It’s impossible to ever be 100% certain what someone else’s intentions are, so why not just assume everyone who makes strong eye contact with you is attracted until proven otherwise?

A good exercise for someone who is new or shy is to practice never breaking eye contact with people before they break it with you. Walk around all day and make eye contact with people you find interesting or attractive. You’ll feel uncomfortable making eye contact with strangers, but that’s the idea. Keep doing it until it feels natural. It will help your confidence.

Level 3: Glance and a Half – Level 3 is the first level where interest is conveyed, ever so slightly. Like the other lower levels of eye contact, the glance and a half is subtle and difficult to notice without a lot of practice. It’s when someone looks at you and breaks eye contact as they normally do, but they hold the eye contact for a split second longer than is normal. I’m talking maybe 1/4 of a second longer. Whereas Level 2 eye contact may last half a second, Level 3 will last 3/4 of a second. It’s subtle, it’s short, and it’s unconscious. Humans are wired to spend more time looking at things they find attractive on an unconscious level. So in their mind, they’re still breaking eye contact with you, but in practice, they’re actually looking at you 50% longer than they would normally.

It took me a while to start picking up on Level 3 eye contact. Level 3 happens most often when they are consciously focused on something else, such as on their cell phone or talking to somebody they’re with. They don’t realize that they’re looking at you as long as they are. Any eye contact from Level 3 and should be a strong incentive for the two of you to at least have a conversation.[/s]
Re: How To Figure Out If Someone Is Interested In You From Eye Contact. by softMarket(m): 9:17am On Dec 07, 2016
I might be looking at you because of your stupidity not because i like u!..........
Re: How To Figure Out If Someone Is Interested In You From Eye Contact. by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 07, 2016
I'm not understanding
Re: How To Figure Out If Someone Is Interested In You From Eye Contact. by durentsneh(m): 9:17am On Dec 07, 2016
Level 4: Double Glance – Here’s a good habit to get yourself into once you’re able to maintain eye contact with people walking around. Any time you make eye contact with someone attractive and they look away, keep looking at them for another few seconds. A percentage of them will look at you a second time. In my experience, this is a clear sign of physical interest, and 95+% of the subsequent interactions you initiate with this person will be received warmly.

What’s funny is that even on Level 4 eye contact, most people are not conscious that they’re doing it. I’ve approached women who have looked at me twice in a row and I mentioned that I saw them look at me, and they seriously didn’t remember looking at me. I’ve even said, “We did an eye contact thing. We made eye contact like three times in a row, you didn’t notice?” And they didn’t… or they were lying scu.mbags. Either way, just goes to show how most people are off in their own little world not thinking about any of this stuff. Regardless, the unconscious mind is always seeking out things it finds interesting or intriguing, so if their eyes keep falling on you, it’s a sign.

Level 5: The Gaze – The gaze is the last level that can occur unconsciously although it’s usually conscious. This is when someone looks at you and just keeps looking at you past the normal “look away” moment. This is a solid 2-3 seconds of eye contact without them breaking it. When undesired, this becomes the infamous “creep stare.” But in the cases of desirable people looking at you, this is why it’s so important to get in the habit of being able to hold eye contact, because otherwise you’ll miss out on all of the people giving you Level 3-5 eye contact. The gaze is a clear and large sign of interest. You’d be pretty dumb to pass up this signal.

Level 6: The Smile – The sixth level of eye contact is The Gaze plus a smile. If the gaze is a clear sign telling you that they’re interested, throwing a smile on top of it may as well be a neon flashing billboard. If someone you find attractive gives you Level 6 and you don’t talk to them, not only are you an idiot, but you probably have some serious anxiety going on.
Re: How To Figure Out If Someone Is Interested In You From Eye Contact. by dingbang(m): 9:18am On Dec 07, 2016
undecided
Re: How To Figure Out If Someone Is Interested In You From Eye Contact. by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 07, 2016
No way in hell am I reading that copy and paste shìt
Re: How To Figure Out If Someone Is Interested In You From Eye Contact. by dingbang(m): 9:19am On Dec 07, 2016
durentsneh:
[s]Level 4: Double Glance – Here’s a good habit to get yourself into once you’re able to maintain eye contact with people walking around. Any time you make eye contact with someone attractive and they look away, keep looking at them for another few seconds. A percentage of them will look at you a second time. In my experience, this is a clear sign of physical interest, and 95+% of the subsequent interactions you initiate with this person will be received warmly.

What’s funny is that even on Level 4 eye contact, most people are not conscious that they’re doing it. I’ve approached women who have looked at me twice in a row and I mentioned that I saw them look at me, and they seriously didn’t remember looking at me. I’ve even said, “We did an eye contact thing. We made eye contact like three times in a row, you didn’t notice?” And they didn’t… or they were lying scu.mbags. Either way, just goes to show how most people are off in their own little world not thinking about any of this stuff. Regardless, the unconscious mind is always seeking out things it finds interesting or intriguing, so if their eyes keep falling on you, it’s a sign.

Level 5: The Gaze – The gaze is the last level that can occur unconsciously although it’s usually conscious. This is when someone looks at you and just keeps looking at you past the normal “look away” moment. This is a solid 2-3 seconds of eye contact without them breaking it. When undesired, this becomes the infamous “creep stare.” But in the cases of desirable people looking at you, this is why it’s so important to get in the habit of being able to hold eye contact, because otherwise you’ll miss out on all of the people giving you Level 3-5 eye contact. The gaze is a clear and large sign of interest. You’d be pretty dumb to pass up this signal.

Level 6: The Smile – The sixth level of eye contact is The Gaze plus a smile. If the gaze is a clear sign telling you that they’re interested, throwing a smile on top of it may as well be a neon flashing billboard. If someone you find attractive gives you Level 6 and you don’t talk to them, not only are you an idiot, but you probably have some serious anxiety going on.[/s]
Re: How To Figure Out If Someone Is Interested In You From Eye Contact. by durentsneh(m): 7:46pm On Dec 12, 2016
softMarket:
I might be looking at you because of your stupidity not because i like u!..........
dats like 1 in 1000 cases. Its rare
Re: How To Figure Out If Someone Is Interested In You From Eye Contact. by durentsneh(m): 7:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
Papikush:
No way in hell am I reading that copy and paste shìt
dont act silly. Plz
Re: How To Figure Out If Someone Is Interested In You From Eye Contact. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 12, 2016
But some people have d habit of 'staring' not gaze, especially ladies, Makes me wanna check myself if my cloth's alright or something
Re: How To Figure Out If Someone Is Interested In You From Eye Contact. by babeflenz(f): 11:12pm On Dec 12, 2016
I couldn't read that news paper you C&P there, but from the topic Some people can look into your soul and lie.

(1) (Reply)

God Has Delivered Me From My Boss / Is Having A Dairy On Nairaland A Good Idea? / Nairalanders Please Your Advices Is Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.