Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,865 members, 7,813,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Red Ashes - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Ashes (592774 Views)

The Ashes Of Love / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Hearts In Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:54am On Dec 18, 2016
Tuhndhay:
Chumzypinky .... Nice creative plot... Nathan is 26,Nene is 24, Mabel and Chioma, the offence committed against her what could it be Jolade and Kelvin, maybe Kelvin was from the woman raped at togo or allegedly threw herself at "Chuka Igho", Kaka let's see about her (do you know what Kaka means),
Do women with Jolade's low self esteem exist
I also live your pidgin-style influx into the story. Jagugu88li read from around after 3:00am to 4:52am, Greg42 come and join in reading
Lol, tanx 4 readin. Wat does Kaka mean??
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:55am On Dec 18, 2016
ibullem:

hahahaha...
the chaffeur is only doing his duties ... you know... warming the engine for you... so you will meet it in perfect shape grin
Abi? Abeg help me tell am
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:58am On Dec 18, 2016
jagugu88li:
I'll tell you one thing.....Nathan is not Jude's son. "I wanted to come clean but decided to play along"......"you are more dullard than i thought"

Chuks is still my main suspect, concerning this Nathan matter

Prettyhurts my dear, Kamsiyochukwu? Please do the needful....God has....?

Where have you been?
Coming out clean could mean something else. It could mean "whether you show yourself 2 Nathan or nt, he stil hates u"
It could also mean "the truth is that i never told him about his father so he doesnt know anything about you"
Since Jude is of the opinion that his son Nathan loves him.
But Jude is Nathan's father...oops! Dd i jst spill dat? Is dat d truth? Babe, kip readin 2 get more info jhor! No comot words for my mouth, park well
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 18, 2016
Chumzypinky:

It means poo in my language. Tuhndhay what's yours?
Re: Red Ashes by Hundreddegrees(m): 11:35am On Dec 18, 2016
Nice one cry
Re: Red Ashes by Creeza(m): 11:52am On Dec 18, 2016
Uhmm My lady jagaugi88li called. I hope I'm captivated. Book marked and will start reading soon...

# I'm here

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 18, 2016
Keep the good work going dear more update pls.
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 18, 2016
jagugu88li:

How I asked God or how I begged God

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 2:05pm On Dec 18, 2016
Dedicated Tundhay, Senator Ayoxelee and his wife Folake.

KAINENE.

'babe, this your dressing, oh men! Them go hear how far for ashawo dot com!' i said hailing Kaka.

She wore red shorts, white tshirt which was a little on the big side making her small bust almost invincible, a red snicker with white sole and she had her hair packed in a bun.

My baby girl had turned into a shadow of herself in the past two weeks. Her floppy cheeks had now turned dry, her voluminous ass which we had teased saying was as big as the entire world had somewhat reduced in my eyes, though she still looked radiant. Her face was devoid of makeup, the fake lashes which she so much loved wasnt there. Even common mascara or eye pencil, my friend did not draw.

I shuddered wondering why a beautiful girl like this would want to kill herself over a shameless unfaithful man who didnt even deserve her and most especially, i wondered how a girl full of life like Kaka could reduce into a crybaby overnight simply because of man. And it got me wondering? Do they really deserve it? Is any man worth the trouble and stress?

I shrugged.

She dipped her hands into the bowl of chicken in front of me. From her body language, i could tell she was excited about something.

'oya tell me, what is making you so excited this afternoon?' i asked.

'hmm, babe, guess what? Xaviercasmir and i just made up!' she nearly screamed in excitement.

I blinked my eyes to be sure of what i heard 'what?'

'his mother called me this afternoon, said he has been miserable since that day at his house and she begged me to come back to her son as he has threatened to commit suicide if i dont come back to him. Babe, it shows how much that guy loves me. I'm never leaving him again. We've been through alot together and we deserve each other. I love Casmir!' she threw the chicken in the air and caught it.

I stared at her in bewilderment. Like seriously? Could anyone be as dumb as this beautiful brownskinned lady sitting directly opposite me? Hellloooo, somebody wake me up from this dream!

I picked the bottle of water beside me, opened it and splashed it on her face. She gasped 'what was that for?'

'i should be asking you that question Kamsiyochukwu. What is wrong with you? Are you high?'

'i dont understand what you mean!' she wiped her face with her handkerchief.

'so the guy threatens to commit suicide and you run back to him just like that and you think he loves you? Helloo? Do i need to slap you back to your factory settings? Do you need restoration of sense??'

'meaning what? That i shouldnt have forgiven him?'

'when will you ever have sense Kamsiyochukwu? When will you open this your cat eyes to see that this Xavier-rubbish or Xavier-nonsense is only using you? Abi your people for your village then pour sand sand for your face?'

'babe, wetin be your matter now?'

'you fall my hand scatter Kaka. I shame for you! Ha!! Wetin be this one? This one don comot for love oo. You have entered the era of foolishness. And its so so unfortunate that you've refused to open your eyes and see what is right in front of you'

She chuckled collecting another chicken from the bowl 'you know, i knew you were going to be disappointed. You're going to be irritated, i mean, why would i forgive Xavier? Why? Why? But you know one thing Kainene? Relationships do not break up just like that. A successful relationship takes time to nurture. One would have to go through hard and tough times. One would have to face trials and challenges? Do you think there's any perfect relationship in the world?' she shook her head 'no honey, you're mistaken. That i forgave Xaviercasmir doesnt mean i'm foolish. It only means i'm wise and i know how to maintain relationships. And it only shows how much i value relationships. And when i say relationships, i dont mean boyfriend, girlfriend stuff. I mean relating with everyone around you, including your family. Life is not all about the way you think it to be Kainene. Its very unfortunate that its going to take you a very long time to understand that. The only thing i can do for you everyday is pray. Pray that God changes your mindset for the better'

'is that an insult or what?'

'no BabyK. Its not an insult. I am just telling you. Kainene...'

'Kaka, did you come to my house to insult me?'

'babe i'm sorry now. Thats not how i meant it to be' she pouted.

I clapped my hands 'people wey talk say fly wey no dey hear word na dey follow dead body enter grave, dem sabi talk well well. Dont say i didnt warn you. Because the way i'm seeing it Kamsiyochukwu, God will not let you go through all my mother had to go through because of a man'

'amen!'

'mumu'

We laughed.

TBC

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 2:09pm On Dec 18, 2016
Qasaforlife if i doesnt saw ur comments eh...
Re: Red Ashes by sandra2winstar(f): 2:12pm On Dec 18, 2016
Oya upload another chapter before una go carry sick person commot for hia o.
Re: Red Ashes by Qasaforlife(f): 2:59pm On Dec 18, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Qasaforlife if i doesnt saw ur comments eh...
buhahahahaha sorry dear,my bad. I was carried away by ur captivating story, so so nice. Started reading it today,trying to catch up. Kudos to u dear. U r doing a great job.
Re: Red Ashes by Amor69(m): 3:08pm On Dec 18, 2016
Babe I'm still waiting for ya reply.. I need that contact badly before I start forgetting what I wanted to share with you... dis ya story ehen, no be dis world.. I easily figure in my head each of your cast the way you describe them!! Keep it up!
Re: Red Ashes by berhdo: 3:33pm On Dec 18, 2016
Iffa hear me i feel lyk crying d moment i finish one chapter nd waiting for anoda
oya abeg plzzz release. U wit bad thought nt d RELEASE wink
Re: Red Ashes by Tuhndhay(m): 3:39pm On Dec 18, 2016
jagugu88li:
I'll tell you one thing.....Nathan is not Jude's son. "I wanted to come clean but decided to play along"......"you are more dullard than i thought"

Chuks is still my main suspect, concerning this Nathan matter

Where have you been?
"Make e for pure, so that i go fit settle with you sharply.... #jagugu88li
Just decided to take a little break, got some issues weighing on my mind...

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Tuhndhay(m): 3:41pm On Dec 18, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Kaka means yansh.... a slang
Re: Red Ashes by Tuhndhay(m): 3:42pm On Dec 18, 2016
jagugu88li:
It means poo in my language. Tuhndhay what's yours?
Yansh..... a local slang
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 3:59pm On Dec 18, 2016
Amor69:
Babe I'm still waiting for ya reply.. I need that contact badly before I start forgetting what I wanted to share with you... dis ya story ehen, no be dis world.. I easily figure in my head each of your cast the way you describe them!! Keep it up!
Oh so sori Honey. I tot i xplained 2 u dat d fone i'm using nw cannot acess my email. D fone i ws using spoilt last wk and the Buharified Govt has stoppd me from repairin or beta stil getn a new 1. Wat is it dat u want to discuss wit me? Isnt der a chance wer 1 can send private mesgs 2 any1 in ds forum??
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 4:00pm On Dec 18, 2016
Tuhndhay:

Kaka means yansh.... a slang
Yes, e be lyk say i knw dat 1. There ar sum jobless boys in my area who makes use of this words.

"Your Kaka Koko"

whats d meanin of Koko?
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 4:01pm On Dec 18, 2016
Sori Qasaforlife, i c u viewin bt i havent updatd excpt u havent caught up wit d story alredi
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 18, 2016
Tuhndhay:

"Make e for pure, so that i go fit settle with you sharply.... #jagugu88li
Just decided to take a little break, got some issues weighing on my mind...
Tell me yoi didn't join MMM and now you're thinking suicide.

I would ask the morgue to borrow me that cold drawer and kill you for the second time lipsrsealed

Thanks Pretty
ibullem, drop a comment abeg

2 Likes

Re: Red Ashes by ayoxelee(m): 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2016
ibullem:

hahahaha...
the chaffeur is only doing his duties ... you know... warming the engine for you... so you will meet it in perfect shape grin

awfa u go like mke d chaffeur cme dy do partime job wt ur wife
Re: Red Ashes by ibullem(m): 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2016
its seems to me that society has somewhat shaped women to sort of easily tolerate men's infidelity...

not saying all guys are cheats tho... but i feel theres something in a man's dna that sort of makes him not contented with just one woman.

i'm sure if the case was reverse Xavier won't forgive Kaka, at least not so easily.

i feel we are subtly placed between two evils, polygamy or infidelity...

sorry people... just thinking out loud... you know how the mind sort of wanders Lol

nice work chumzypinky ... following with keen interest to see how this pans out
Re: Red Ashes by ibullem(m): 4:26pm On Dec 18, 2016
ayoxelee:

awfa u go like mke d chaffeur cme dy do partime job wt ur wife

hahaha... unlike you senator.
i no need him service ooo, Lol.
Re: Red Ashes by ayoxelee(m): 4:27pm On Dec 18, 2016
Chumzypinky u forget to mention d part where Sen Ayoxelee divorce Funke, let's wait for d next update mayb d part will b dia. anyways tnkz for d dedication
Re: Red Ashes by ibullem(m): 4:28pm On Dec 18, 2016
jagugu88li:
Tell me yoi didn't join MMM and now you're thinking suicide.

I would ask the morgue to borrow me that cold drawer and kill you for the second time lipsrsealed

Thanks Pretty
ibullem, drop a comment abeg

i have done the needful ma.

was still reading through earlier on.
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 18, 2016
ibullem:

i have done the needful ma.

was still reading through earlier on.
Choo em kiss kiss
Re: Red Ashes by ayoxelee(m): 4:32pm On Dec 18, 2016
ibullem:

hahaha... unlike you senator.

i no need him service ooo, Lol.

forget a trial will convince u, d guy dy warm anything ,ur wife ur daughter etc e go even service n test drive fo u
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 4:46pm On Dec 18, 2016
Dedicated To Qasaqueen and Ibullem.

CHIOMA.

'i need you to tell me the truth. Did you or did you not get Mabel pregnant?' i asked Chuks.

He frowned 'no Chi, she was already pregnant as at the time we had our first sex. Two years before our marriage and Kainene's birth'

'she was pregnant? Who was responsible? Jude?'

'of course. Who else? It was after the sex she got to tell me she was already pregnant for Jude'

I sighed and slapped my forehead 'oh God! What did i ever do to Mabel? I loved her like my own sister. I treated her like family, but this is how she repays me?'

He reached for my hand 'Chichi, i'm sorry'

'even you! You betrayed me also. Whenever i think of all the things you've done to me, i dont want to have anything to do with you. I loved the both of you. I trusted the both of you but you both went behind my back to screw each other! Isnt that wickedness? After everything i did for the both of you. Eh Chuks? Arent you a heartless person? Give me just one reasonable reason why i should forgive you?'

'because i am your husband. And i'm human, liable to make mistakes. I've made my mistakes and i've learnt from them. Besides, didnt the bible say we should forgive those who hurt us?'

'are you trying to quote bible now for me? Eh Chuks? We are now doing bible studies, okwaya?'

'its not...what i meant'

I bit my finger.

'Chioma, i promise not to hurt you again. Lets just renew our marriage vows please. I love you and all i want is for us to be together again, nothing more. You, Kainene and i. What more can a man ask for but for his complete family?'

'even if i forgive you, you think you stand a chance with Kainene?'

'thats why you're her mother sweetheart. You can talk to her. Please, get her to change her mindset about me'

'this is crazy Chuka. You left us alone when we had no one'

'i didnt leave you alone Chichi. You asked for a divorce....'

I raised my voice 'are you trying to justify your actions?'

'never! Am i crazy? I am wholly at fault here and there's no way i will try to justify my actions. I have sinned against you Chioma, and against God. Against Kainene. But i go on my knees now...' he went on his knees 'and i ask for your forgiveness. Let heaven and earth bear me witness because from today i declare myself a changed man. I will never make the same mistakes i made in the past and i promise to love and cherish you with everything i've got. Chioma please, forgive me'

I stared at him as tears batted my eyelashes. Yes, i loved this man and i believe i deserve happiness too. We were going to get married again. We were going to renew our marriage vows and no one and nothing was going to stop us. Not even Kainene.

KAINENE.

My heart skipped a beat when i saw the people around the table. As a matter of fact, my heart didnt skip because of the people but because of one person.

And that person was dressed in a red and white stripe polo which hugged his body showing off his muscular chest. He also had a black pencilled shiny pants and a black snicker. His long hair which i had always admired was packed in a bun. His hair alone sold off the fact that he was a spoilt kid. I mean, which responsible guy trains his hair, visits a woman saloon just to either apply relaxer or plait his hair or just to treat his hair?

I'm saying this because there was a day i bumped into him at a saloon. He was in a dryer! And when he saw me, he smiled and winked at me. It was almost like he was stalking me. But i was going to give him a piece of my mind today. What right had he to follow me around?

Kaka waved at me 'get your booty down here ma'am'

She was looking radiant in her shiny gold-coloured off shoulder gown. It was her birthday. My baby girl was plus one. Seeing her looking happy made me smile. But the people she was with were making me angry. Xaviercasmir one, and that annoying mannerless bastard of a stalker called Nathan. Why will this guy not just stay away from me?

I couldnt stop my heart from palpitating faster whenever he was just a kilometer away from me. I always felt this excitement at the pit of my stomach whenever i saw him. And i had to confirm something i dreaded the most. I had feelings for this guy!

It might not be called love but it was definitely a crush. And that was because he just wont leave me be!!!

I walked up to them slowly, careful with my steps in order not to fall. Kaka stood up and i hugged her. I presented the bouquet of flowers to her.

'happy birthday baby Kaka' i hugged her again. She smiled.

Xaviercasmir rose on his feet. He held the collar of his suit, then he stretched forth his hands for a handshake 'hi Kainene. Its been a while'

'yeah...' i eyed him 'its really been a while'

Then i let my gaze fall on him. He was smiling. Then he did something that surprised me.

He stood up and gave me a warm hug and a kiss on my forehead! What audacity!

TBC

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 4:49pm On Dec 18, 2016
ayoxelee:
Chumzypinky u forget to mention d part where Sen Ayoxelee divorce Funke, let's wait for d next update mayb d part will b dia. anyways tnkz for d dedication
Loll sori dear bt d senator loves hs wife and he isnt divorcing her 4 any reason in d world. I throway salute
Re: Red Ashes by ayoxelee(m): 5:04pm On Dec 18, 2016
Chumzypinky:

Loll sori dear bt d senator loves hs wife and he isnt divorcing her 4 any reason in d world. I throway salute

love u said ? lemme quickly rewind to d part where u mention something like political ambition
Re: Red Ashes by Tuhndhay(m): 5:20pm On Dec 18, 2016
Chumzypinky:

Yes, e be lyk say i knw dat 1. There ar sum jobless boys in my area who makes use of this words.

"Your Kaka Koko"

whats d meanin of Koko?
Koko means strong or could also refer to something "original" depending on the meaning of the user

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (122) (Reply)

Beauty And The Mechanic / The Devil Wears Okrika / All In A Circle.....(A crime story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.