Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,401 members, 7,850,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:06 PM

Red Ashes - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Ashes (594732 Views)

The Ashes Of Love / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Hearts In Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2016
KAINENE.

The light skinned woman wasnt smiling at all. The way she barged into the house alone was enough to scare Kaka and i.

She eyed us, walked to the DVD and put off the music. I stood up 'good evening ma' i greeted.

'you're very stupid!' she retorted angrily 'who are you greeting? You little cheap slut! Just wait here, i'm calling the police, you all are going to rot in jail! How dare you come to my house? How dare you invade my privacy? Just wait here and see....' and she stared fumbling with her phone.

I looked at Nathan who had a smirk on his face.

'but ma...' Kaka said pulling Casmir to his feet 'i...we are sorry but your son invited us...' then she looked at Nathan 'Nathan, please tell her you invited us'

Nathan sipped from his glass cup 'just let her do whatever she likes. She's a toothless dog'

I turned to him, i was shocked he could actually say such to his mother. What kind of a child was he?

That seemed to make the woman angrier than she already was. She rushed towards Nathan and grabbed him up holding his collar.

'how dare you?! How dare you call me a toothless dog? Me, your mother a toothless dog? I will make sure you rot in jail with your cohorts today. You! How much more would i take from you? How much more insults Nathan? What on earth have i ever done to you to make you hate and hurt me this way. I've tried my best for you. You're my only child and i want nothing but the best for you! I sent you to one of the best schools, i gave you the life of a king, but what do i get? What is wrong with you! What?' The woman spoke and tears rolled down her face. She was trying her best not to cry and my heart instantly went out to her.

She fell to the sofa, rested her face on her palms and cried.

I pulled at Nathan's shirt 'apologise to her quickly' i said in fierce whisper.

'never!' he released himself 'she can go to hell and rote there if she likes' Then he picked up my bag 'lets go'

I grabbed his hand 'where do you think you're going? You think you're leaving this place without apologising to your mum?' i asked raising my voice 'apologise to her right now Nathan, or i'll leave and i'll never speak to you again!'

He looked at me, then back to his mother. Then he started walking towards her. For a moment, i thought he was going to apologise to his mum. But all of a sudden, he turned and threw my bag away with full force thereby spilling its contents.

My pad. My tissue. My charger. Phone, purse, extra battery, car keys, everything spilled on the floor. I was so angry. I was so mad. How dare he? What right had he to do that?

I stared at him in anger. I resisted the urge to slap him. But just when i was about to do something to him, anything at all, Kaka came to me and pulled me out of the house while Xaviercasmir packed my things.

I was so mad. I was so angry and i fumed throughout the drive to my house. I was never going to forgive Nathan for this. He was nothing but a proud and arrogant bastard who couldnt be changed. He insulted me. I really really felt insulted.

I regretted going over to his place. I should have remained at my house, or rather, i would have gone over to the hotel.

'that guy Bleep up sha. But i dont blame him completely, his mother messed up a bit' Kaka said.

'messed up as in?' i asked 'to me oo, that woman is not wrong. Every mother would have reacted the same way they did should their only son call them a toothless dog. How my pikin go call me toothless dog? I no go kill am? Where was he or she when his or her useless father was fucking me in and out? Abeg abeg...Kaka, no talk that kind thing. He was supposed to apologise to his mother and to think he even had the guts, the effontery, the audacity, the temerity to throw my things away makes him a very stupid boy!' i hissed angrily.

Casmir who was behind the wheels laughed loudly. Kaka too laughed.

'its just that, you didnt tell him to apologise in the right matter. That is, the way you take tell am com be like sey you dey command am, you no get?'

'how he go call im mama toothless dog? The thing dey annoy me abeg' i hissed 'mannerless child!'

'why you carry another person wahala for head like sey you dey hawk plantain chips? How market?' Kaka hissed.

'abeg you shut up sef. You know sey as you mannerless so, if you see person wey be like you, you go dey side am' i retorted.

'you dey craze! Na me you dey talk to?' Kaka asked looking back from the front seat.

'face your front before i use slap follow you this night. I dey vex hot vex oo'

'babe, if you dey vex, na for your own pocket'

'please you girls shouldnt fight sha' Casmir said concentrating on the wheels.

I hissed.

TBC

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by xaviercasmir(m): 3:29pm On Dec 23, 2016
nyc update more pls.
And i am the first to comment ooo.
To show you how i wait every hour for your updates.
Re: Red Ashes by adebriana(f): 3:30pm On Dec 23, 2016
This kainene is very annoying, a hypocrite. What gives her d right to advise someone on his relationship with a parent. She's disrespectful and rude to her dad but keeps commanding someone to be nice to his mom when she doesn't know the whole story. Because the guy likes her, she's always rude to him and expects him to always do her bidding. She should have simply advised him instead of commanding him and threatening not to talk to him, as if that would kill him. Nice story dear.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 4:37pm On Dec 23, 2016
adebriana:
This kainene is very annoying, a hypocrite. What gives her d right to advise someone on his relationship with a parent. She's disrespectful and rude to her dad but keeps commanding someone to be nice to his mom when she doesn't know the whole story. Because the guy likes her, she's always rude to him and expects him to always do her bidding. She should have simply advised him instead of commanding him and threatening not to talk to him, as if that would kill him. Nice story dear.
Now i'm finally seeing someone who doesnt bliv Kainene is perfect. Welcom on board dear. I love you already

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 4:37pm On Dec 23, 2016
Fam24 darling

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by adebriana(f): 5:44pm On Dec 23, 2016
Chumzypinky:

Now i'm finally seeing someone who doesnt bliv Kainene is perfect. Welcom on board dear. I love you already
Lol... Thanks dear. She should try to be understanding and nice to the guy instead of acting as if the friendship is forced and she's just doing him a favour. Enjoying the story dear. Thumbs up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:14pm On Dec 23, 2016
Dedicated to Adebriana.

MABEL.

I settled on the seater gently. I stole a glance at Nathan. He wasnt even looking towards my direction. He had a stick of cigarette in his left hand a glass of vodka on his right.

'Nathan....' i cleared my throat. He didnt turn, he just blinked, then blew smoke into the air 'i'm sorry. I'm sorry about my reaction earlier. I...i know i ruined your birthday, i'm terribly sorry'

He didnt blink this time.. He threw the cigarette in the ashtray and retrieved another from the packet, lighted it and blew it into the air.

'i thought you said you've stopped smoking'

He drank the whole content from the cup, dropped it on the table so hard, i thought it would smash.

'Nath, i'm sorry. Can you help me with your friends' contact. I need to apologise to them all. I didnt know what came over me. I reacted rather rashly' i said.

'see my paddy if you no look back, i no go lie, i go like to sample you...' He sang.

He was watching MTV base and so he sang along. It was like i wasnt even there, like i was invincible. What was all this? Why was my only son treating me this way? I was trying to settle things and he doesnt even help matters. For how long were we going to continue like this?

I snatched the remote control from his hand angrily and turned off the TV.

And for the first time, he looked at me, then he smiled shaking his head 'what is it mum? Why are you looking for my trouble?'

'i've been speaking to you for the past few minutes, are you going to swear you didnt know i was talking? Am i mad woman? Or have i suddenly turned to a ghost?'

He sighed shaking his head. He stood up, went to the bar and refilled his glass, then he walked back. He quenched his cigarette, then picked up a wrap of something that definitely looked like Marijuana, then lighted. And when he did, the foul, annoying smell filled the air.

I coughed waving away the smoke with my hand. I watched him for a while, then i stood up slowly and dragged myself to my room.

I couldnt do anything. I just sat on my bed and stared. I had already come to conclusions...Nathan and i were never going to get along. I wondered how much more he was going to remain in my house because i knew it was only a matter of time before he left the house. I dreaded that day. I was going to be alone. He might never call me. He might never visit me again.

I shed tears.

TBC

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:15pm On Dec 23, 2016
adebriana:

Lol... Thanks dear. She should try to be understanding and nice to the guy instead of acting as if the friendship is forced and she's just doing him a favour. Enjoying the story dear. Thumbs up.
I 2 luv u Jareh
Re: Red Ashes by berhdo: 6:16pm On Dec 23, 2016
Watin 4more plzzz
Re: Red Ashes by berhdo: 6:18pm On Dec 23, 2016
I think kainene needs to be flashed, as in she shud be sent bak to default setting
Re: Red Ashes by berhdo: 6:22pm On Dec 23, 2016
Nah so e dey start oooo
Re: Red Ashes by gtin(m): 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2016
Mabel over reacted jor, wat was all dat reaction for undecided
Re: Red Ashes by boldndbeautiful(f): 7:34pm On Dec 23, 2016
Chumzypinky u r a very creative writer, abeg help me pour madam Mabel cold water, ND 4 kainene she is hot tempered so help me pour her cold water too, as 4 Nathan I tink u should cut off his hands so he would stop smoking.
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:37pm On Dec 23, 2016
boldndbeautiful:
Chumzypinky u r a very creative writer, abeg help me pour madam Mabel cold water, ND 4 kainene she is hot tempered so help me pour her cold water too, as 4 Nathan I tink u should cut off his hands so he would stop smoking.
And as 4 Chuks, i should cut of hs d**k so he doesnt cheat on Chioma again, lol.

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by gtin(m): 10:15pm On Dec 23, 2016
Chumzypinky u ar too good oh, am loving ur stories more nd more. I still stick with Nene dating Nathan
Re: Red Ashes by adebriana(f): 10:24pm On Dec 23, 2016
Chumzypinky:

I 2 luv u Jareh
Love you too dear, Ure really good. The story is so good, it's like a real life story. More ink to your pen. Thanks for the dedication, really really appreciate it.
Re: Red Ashes by Hundreddegrees(m): 1:03am On Dec 24, 2016
adebriana:

Word!!
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 11:06am On Dec 24, 2016
2day is 24th oooo.

Pals, na wa oo. See as i stand for ATM 4 ova 3hrs nw, e jst b lyk sey d line no dey move. E jst b lyk sey d world don end so evribody dey rush carry im money go heaven.

As in eh, i stil dey der oo.

And afta der, i'm going strait 2 d market. To buy plennttttyyyyyy foodstuffs, 4 my immediate family, then my inlaws, then my own parents. And i'm going to Onitsha, not Ogbe-ogonogo (4 dos in Asb, dats d market here) So, make una bear wit me. I dont even know wen i'm going 2 arrive. Dats wat it fils lyk being somebody's mother, wife, daughter, daughter-inlaw, sister.

Assumin sey i cum ds world alone, so only me waka cum, i 4 jst dey my hauz dey sleep beta sleep. But,its not so. D only tin i can only ask 4 is your understanding and encouragement.

Thanks y'all

3 Likes

Re: Red Ashes by Mstylz(f): 1:29pm On Dec 24, 2016
am enjoying this oooo
Re: Red Ashes by gtin(m): 1:40pm On Dec 24, 2016
Chumzypinky:
2day is 24th oooo.

Pals, na wa oo. See as i stand for ATM 4 ova 3hrs nw, e jst b lyk sey d line no dey move. E jst b lyk sey d world don end so evribody dey rush carry im money go heaven.
My dear i dnt knw wat to say abt d ATM queues oh, its everywhere like MTN
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 1:42pm On Dec 24, 2016
gtin:

My dear i dnt knw wat to say abt d ATM queues oh, its everywhere like MTN
as in eh...since, na nw i dey enter road 2 Onitsha sef, coupled with traffic, only God knws wen i'm coming bak
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 3:10pm On Dec 24, 2016
Dedicated to Mstylz.

JOLADE.

'thats her...' i said to Qasa pointing to the girl with the dreadlocks 'thats the stupid girl who's busy flirting with my Nathan'

Qasa nodded puffing smoke into the air 'what do you want us to do? Warn her not teach her a lesson?' She winked and placed a sloppy wet kiss on my lips.

I looked back at the girl at the back seat. That one was a complete...how was i going to put it? Mere looking at it, one would know that this one wasnt responsible.

Her hair was dyed gold. She had about six earrings all over her ear. She had two pierced on her nose, and another by the side of her hair.

She wore a black hood which she drew to her elbow, and a black short that barely covered her ass, then she had on red Jordan Air snickers. She had a cigarette on her lips and a bottle of brandy in her left hand. Her name was Adebriana.

'i'm talking to you honey...' Qasa said carressing my laps.

'oh, i...i want her thought a lesson' i stammered 'she and her friend' i said when i saw the brownskinned lady stepping out of the supermarket as well. I remembered the brownskinned girl from the other day at the restaurant.

'but how are we going to do it in a public place?' i asked.

Qasa laughed 'thats no problem. We've killed a guy inside a market. Its no biggie. But first, come to mama, come give mama a sweet kiss' she spread her arms and i relunctantly went into it.

She took my lips in hers cleaning of the tomato red lipstick that graced my lips.

'queen....' Adebriana said opening the car 'i'm heading out'

Qasa nodded and we both came out of the car.

We approached them just as they were about entering the car.

Qasa wore a smiling face as she approached them. Adebriana held my hand and stopped me from moving while Qasa went ahead.

Though we stood at a distance, i could still hear what she was saying.

'hi dearies...my name is Qasa...Qasaqueen, i've been seeing you guys around and i must say i admire your closeness. I'm new around here and i would like us to be friends or rather acquaintances...so whats the name?' She smiled.

Miss Dreadlocks looked at Miss Crazy then back at Qasa 'well, i'm Kainene....' her eyes still showed distrust, more like she was suspecting foul play or maybe she wasnt a very sociable person 'and this is my Kaka....Kamsiyochukwu'

'hi...' the so called Kaka said with a smile. She looked like the friendly one.

'we'll like to get going now' the dreadlocked girl....Kainene said.

'not so fast honey, lets at least, exchange numbers. Can i have your digits?' Qasa asked.

Kainene folded her arms across her bosoms 'i'm sorry but i dont give out my digits to strangers. Maybe some other time'

I saw her friend nudge her 'c'mon Nene, anyways...my digits, 0909....' she called it out while Qasa dialled it.

'well...' Qasa faced Kainene 'i learnt you've been going around town flirting with a guy with the name Nathan, i hope i'm not mistaken?'

'what?' Kainene eyed her.

Adebriana nudged me and we went closer.

I took off my glasses 'heyy! Do you remember me?'

She eyed me and scoffed 'if i dont remember you, who will? Kaka, lets get the hell out of here. I dont have time to see mannerless fools like the likes of this one' She eyed me.

Adebriana shoved her backwards angrily 'who are you speaking to that way?'

'are you mad?' Kaka retorted 'did you take something strong? How dare you push my friend?'

Adebriana broke the bottle of whisky in her hand 'i will stab you right now if you dont keep quiet and mind your business, you slut!'

'who did you just call a slut?'

Qasa raised her blouse up revealing the pistol she had properly tucked into her bumshorts 'do you know who i am? I am Qasaqueen, the queen of Amazon ladies, and you dont mess with one of us. Jolade here came to us with a problem and we are here to solve it....' and before she could speak any further, Kainene had smashed Adebriana's head with the heel of her shoe. It went deep down her skull and blood gushed like tap.

Qasa was visibly angry and before she could charge at Kainene, Kaka had blocked her and shoved her backwards, she almost fell if i hadnt held her.

'stay away from Nathan you slut!' i screamed helping Qasa regain her balance 'if you dont stay away from him, i promise i'm going to kill you! I'll kill you personally! Qasa, lets get out of here'

Qasa shut them one last glance, and it was easy to read, it simply meant WE SHALL MEET AGAIN.

I helped Adebriana to the car and i jumped behind the wheel driving as fast as i could to a hospital as Adebriana was fast loosing blood.

TBC

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 4:19pm On Dec 24, 2016
Opeoluwa99.

Cindycute

Angelliza et al. I c u guys viewin. Pls do wel 2 comment. I nid ur comments 2 encourage me that i'm doing a good job

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 4:40pm On Dec 24, 2016
CHIOMA.

I was beginning to get tired of Mabel's unending calls and textmessages. It was so annoying and irritating. Forgiving her was the last thing on my mind and the earlier she realised that, the better for the both of us.

She was calling again and as usual, i chose to ignore her. But after watching the phone ring for about six times, i decided to pick the call.

I had her number, yes, which i saved with BACKSTABBER. I saved the number incase she was calling so i didnt really have to pick her call thinking it was someone else.

'hello? Who's this?' i asked feigning ignorance.

'its me...' her voice was very low and sad 'its Mabel'

'so? Why are you calling?' i asked harshly 'how many times have i warned you never to try calling me again? Mabel, do you want me to report you to the authorities?'

'Chichi, i'm sorry. At least, hear me out. Just listen to me. This matter is getting out of hand'

'what matter is getting out of hand?'

'its my son Chichi. I believe he's my nemesis for all the wrongs i did to you in the past. I'm very sorry for everything. What do i do to prove how sorry i really am? I need your forgiveness, i believe your forgiveness can solve all my problems....' i could tell she was about crying now as her voice was shaky.

'you deserve whatever is happening to you right now Mabel. You're a demon, a devil incarnate, you deserve to die! You ruined my marriage, you! No one else. And until the day i breath my last, i would never forgive you, never! I dont whatever your son is doing to you right now but i assure you, he's going to do worse. He's going to do this you wont even expect. I pity you Mabel. Because days of endless suffering is coming your way'

'please dont say that!' she was crying now as i could hear her slow whimpers 'please...what do you want me to say. Please have mercy on me Chioma. I'm a single mother who has laboured so hard in other to give my son a near perfect life. I struggled to give him the best i could afford. But now, he doesnt respect me, he doesnt value me. I'm his worse enemy now Chioma....' she sobbed 'i dont know if you have a child Chichi, but how would you feel when the child you so laboured for treats you like trash....i...'

'you deserve it Mabel, deal with it!' i hissed angrily and hung up.

I threw the phone on the sofa, my heart pounding. Then i suddenly felt guilty. Why was i keeping a grudge? For over 24yrs nw?

Wasnt it high time i let go??

TBC

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by adebriana(f): 4:43pm On Dec 24, 2016
Not fair o. Why did you name that crazy character after me. This Jolade is too desperate, becoming a sex slave and also a lesbian just to keep a guy that doesn't love her.
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 24, 2016
Letting go if a grudge is the most difficult thing to do, I know it. More especially when you hadn't gotten the chance to strike back, Jesus.

Nene & Nathan, bring these your silly parents closer abeg. How you'll manage it, I don't know because you two are as silly as them.

I'm pretty certain that fighting over a guy is pathetic. I don't know what fighting for a guy who doesn't want you is.......Jolade & co...no comment

3 Likes

Re: Red Ashes by ayoxelee(m): 5:26pm On Dec 24, 2016
U are so amazing mam, despite ur busy schedule u stl made time to prepare dz wonderfl update.... tnkx man
Re: Red Ashes by ibullem(m): 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
jagugu88li:

I'm pretty certain that fighting over a guy is pathetic. I don't know what fighting for a guy who doesn't want you is.......Jolade & co...no comment

Hahaha... no comment ooo

cos calling them foolish, would be a big disrespect to foolish persons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Red Ashes by swankmee(f): 7:17pm On Dec 24, 2016
Kai jolade ehnnn..... Chai.....
Re: Red Ashes by Ehmjay(m): 7:42pm On Dec 24, 2016
No forgive her,dey dere dey 4orm james bond
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 8:06pm On Dec 24, 2016
jagugu88li:
How you'll manage it, I don't know because you two are as silly as them.
Babe, ur bad mouth no b here oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (122) (Reply)

Beauty And The Mechanic / The Devil Wears Okrika / All In A Circle.....(A crime story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.