Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,353 members, 7,850,286 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:43 PM

Red Ashes - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Ashes (594714 Views)

The Ashes Of Love / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Hearts In Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Red Ashes by ibullem(m): 5:45pm On Dec 21, 2016
wow... you truly cant judge someone until you've heard their side of the story.

not saying what chuks did was right, but not many men will be able to cope with such.

Chioma was some sort of psychological wreck
Re: Red Ashes by PrettyMizQdot(f): 6:04pm On Dec 21, 2016
Chumzypinky:

Tankz Honey bt wat does OP mean??
OP mins u postin d piece.
Nd jst tanks?! (scoffs mor dan my Kainene).. u shud apologize 4 nt invitin me til i spot ur story myself (quarter-final is a sarcasm- uv already coverd most of d piece b4 am here). Jst sayin dou.
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:39pm On Dec 21, 2016
Dedicated to Creeza and Gtin.

KAINENE.

Our gazes locked. The sweet and slow music of Bruno Mars' Grenade boomed on the speakers, but it wasnt loud.

It made the enviroment look serene and romantic.

I loved the way his coffee coloured eyes danced around but his gaze still remained on my face.

I loved the way his long lashes hovered over his eyes, i loved the way his dimples were visible even without him smiling.

His left hand touched my right hand on the table. I shivered a little, then i smiled. I didnt know why i was smiling but i knew i was crazy about this guy. This was all strange to me. I had never felt like this with a guy before. Even MozB, Moses Benson who had been my first crush and my best friend, aside from Kaka, i had never felt this way with him before.

What was this feeling called? Love? No, i shook my head, love wasnt for me. I wasnt cut out for love and i just knew it. What i felt was nothing but infatuation, and that was because this guy kept flirting with me.

Someone cleared her throat from behind and i was startled. I quickly withdrew my hand from his.

I raised my head to see a caramel skinned beautiful waiter smiling down at us. Her smooth black hair was packed in a bun. The black skirt she wore accentuated her curves and her white chiffon blouse was neatly tucked into her skirt.

'you guys make a wonderful couple, are you married?' she asked smiling.

Then Nathan smiled 'we make a wonderful couple?' then he turned to me 'do you hear that?' then he turned back to the waiter 'we are not married but about to'

I raised a brow 'what?'

'dont mind her!' Nathan waved it off 'she's a very shy type'

'i see...' the waiter drawled 'you guys would make an excellent couple, i'm envious of you guys. But how come you both are lightskinned? Aww, your children would be.....'

'are you here to take our orders or you're here to poke your ugly nose into our business?' i cut in sharply raising my voice a notch 'where is your manager? Why would they employ unserious people like you?'

She stopped smiling and looked around 'uhm...i'm really sorry ma'am, i...i was just trying to be friendly, i'm really sorry' she postrated.

I suddenly felt bad. Yeah, she was only trying to be friendly, i shouldnt have spoken to her the way i did. I smiled 'i'm sorry. I didnt mean to get angry. Will you forgive me? I'm usually not very hot tempered'

'exactly!' Nathan said smiling.

I eyed him angrily, then faced the waiter 'whats your name again?'

'Olamide, but you can call me Mide'

'Mide, beautiful name. Because of you, i'll frequent here often...here...' i handed her a tip which she gladly took.

'thank you ma, thank you very much ma'

'i'm Kainenechukwu and this is....' i eyed Nathan 'this is Nathan...my...my friend. We're not a couple, dont mind him and his naughtiness'

'why are you lying Nene?' he winked.

Mide chuckled 'your friend is one funny guy. Anyway, what would you like to have?'

'uhm....' i looked and Nathan as if asking what i wanted.
Nathan placed his orders and Mide moved away.

'you're very nice. And you're mysterious too. One minute you're angry, the next minute you're nice. Will i ever understand you?' He asked.

I rolled my eyes 'is this the cinema we were supposed to be at? Nathan, what do you take me for? Do you think you can say something else and do a different thing the way you like? Do i look like a beggar to you?'

He sighed 'why are you getting angry now?'

'did i beg you to take me out?'

'no. I'm sorry, it will never happen again' his apologetic face made my heart skip. I felt bad for shouting at him, then i smiled.

A minute later, Mide brought our orders and we started eating.

'so...' i cleared my throat 'why do you smoke?'

'huh?' he smiled and dropped his fork 'why do you ask?'

'because i find it annoying and since you want us to be friends, i want to know because i can never be friends with smokers'

'why?'

'because its irritating and disgusting. How can someone just start inhaling and exhaling smoke? Arent you killing yourself?'

'why dont you like smokers? Not every smoker is a bad one you know'

'look Nathan, if you want us to be friends, then you'll have to stop smoking else, i'll walk away. I aint even interested in your friendship...but if i must give it a trial, then your smoking attitude, is going to make me change my mind'

He exhaled 'smoking is something i dont think i can do without. Many times i've tried stopping it but its always impossible. Cant you just be friends with me?' his face was pleading 'i'll try to minimise it'

I hissed 'do you think i'm here to play? If you dont stop...infact...' i picked up my purse 'i'm leaving. Smoke all you want but you can never be my friend!' I stood up but he grabbed my hand.

'i'll try my best. I'll stop for your sake'

TBC

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:42pm On Dec 21, 2016
Nmaglit:

Op not all men my future husband is exceptional bt wen it comes to sex men don't joke with it. My opinion tho
U're female??
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:44pm On Dec 21, 2016
PrettyMizQdot:

OP mins u postin d piece.
Nd jst tanks?! (scoffs mor dan my Kainene).. u shud apologize 4 nt invitin me til i spot ur story myself (quarter-final is a sarcasm- uv already coverd most of d piece b4 am here). Jst sayin dou.
i'm so sori honey it wnt happen again
Re: Red Ashes by PrettyMizQdot(f): 6:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
Chumzypinky:
i'm so sori honey it wnt happen again
Apology accepted Swt@. Ayam apy nw.
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 21, 2016
Hurray!!! Good tidings ti take over. I'm employed as Secretary, hope I get payed before Christmas.

*modifying loading......

Jolade is pregnant

Lol, Chuks ma Chu...you are a funny dude.
I enjoyed this chapter.

Op, yourself you're too munch
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:17pm On Dec 21, 2016
jagugu88li:
Hurray!!! Good tidings ti take over. I'm employed as Secretary, hope I get payed before Christmas.

*modifying loading......
Lol, secretary of wat? Wer hav u bin??
Re: Red Ashes by Creeza(m): 7:17pm On Dec 21, 2016
jagugu88li:

*modifying loading......
ur name's ola ?

Chumzypinky, u want to bribe me shea?

And u even used my fav. Song . I MUST SAY , do u knw me ? *confused.

That song is boldly written on my fp page under bio-

U try to make me comment sha, but Nathan ...nathan, Dnt beg a girl to accept u o.
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:18pm On Dec 21, 2016
Chara019
Shekinah190

Jagugu88li

Creeza

Faithomo001

Tonye19
Re: Red Ashes by Nmaglit: 7:21pm On Dec 21, 2016
Chumzypinky:

U're female??

Yes
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:26pm On Dec 21, 2016
Patriciakase

Saraphina
Re: Red Ashes by patriciakase(f): 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2016
Ride on swt,m feeling u wink
Re: Red Ashes by saraphina(f): 7:38pm On Dec 21, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Patriciakase

Saraphina
saraphina is on leave ma..
Re: Red Ashes by Nmaglit: 7:45pm On Dec 21, 2016
Indeed love can make One do crazy things imagine nathan want to stop smoking because of a woman.
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2016
Chumzypinky:

Lol, secretary of wat? Wer hav u bin??
To think I mistakenly unfollowed this thread.
Creeza:
ur name's Ola?
Nope, you wouldn't even guess my name cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:20pm On Dec 21, 2016
Rose4flower

Ziniroe, i'm sawing all of u ooo
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:22pm On Dec 21, 2016
saraphina:
saraphina is on leave ma..
Hahahahaha, u beta return or...
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 21, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Rose4flower

Ziniroe, i'm sawing all of u ooo

Afi sawing nah,it will soon be sawded,
Nice story by the way grin
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:23pm On Dec 21, 2016
jagugu88li:
Nope, you wouldn't even guess my name cheesy.
wow, do i sense a guessin game here? Jagugu, ur name is Jacklin
Re: Red Ashes by saraphina(f): 9:26pm On Dec 21, 2016
Chumzypinky:

Hahahahaha, u beta return or...
after Christmas ma.
Re: Red Ashes by berhdo: 9:47pm On Dec 21, 2016
Eyan mi adegbadun ur story jare
Re: Red Ashes by Qasaforlife(f): 10:24pm On Dec 21, 2016
Babe u dey kill person die for dis story oo. Infact u r the bomb. Hmmm Kainene and Nathan,love wantiti.
Re: Red Ashes by abefe99: 6:33am On Dec 22, 2016
its been long I comment dear its lovely u are a genius more grace to ur upstair
Re: Red Ashes by gtin(m): 7:17am On Dec 22, 2016
Am blushing oh, i finally got a dedication, thanks op u ar d bestest (is dat an English word?)
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:57am On Dec 22, 2016
Dedicated to My Uncle, a happy belated birthday to him.

JOLADE.

'Nathan is having an affair...' i told Qasa as she puffed thich smoke into the air 'this is not just a fling like the other times, he's having a serious relationship with another woman'

'do you know who the other woman is?' she asked lighting another cigarette.

I thought. That woman on dreadlocks from the hotel........could it be she was the one warming Nathan's bed? I wondered. Knowing Nathan very well, he wouldnt want anything with her or did he just want to pay her back by sleeping with her and dumping her in the end? I wondered.

'i really dont know the lady yet Qasa. But i'll find out. I just wonder what i'm going to do with her'

She chuckled 'you leave that for me to handle. Its no biggies. But...' she paused and stared at me 'there's a but'

'what but?'

Her left hand slowly snaked its way towards my laps. She carressed it slowly and winked seductively at me 'we need to go all the way'

Cold shivers ran through my spine. 'go all....go all the way as...as in?' i stammered.

'you know what i'm talking about baby...' she patted her laps 'sit here'

I hesitated for a while. I'd never done this before...i...was confused.

'if you dont have sex with me, i'm not going to help you retain your man' she said a bit harshly.

I froze. And without a second warning, i crawled towards her and sat on her laps. Then she consumed my lips in a kiss.

MABEL.

I'd never seen Nathan this happy before. He was whistling and smiling, to the extent he even pecked me on my cheeks! Wow! When was the last time Nathan ever did that? When he was five years old?

I stared at him as if he had gone bananas 'are you sure you're okay? Or all the marijuana or cocaine you've been consuming has finally caught up with you?'

He laughed and sat beside me on the sofa 'i've finally decided to stop smoking'

I scoffed 'who are you kidding? Look Nathan, i've had a bad day, a very terrible day, just go upstairs to your room and leave me alone'

'of course!' then he snorted 'you've always wanted to be alone right from when i was little...well, enjoy your brooding alone' He stood up and started whistling again. But i noticed the malice in his voice. There was something about it. Something wasnt right. Maybe that was the problem he had with me. Was i focusing so much on my work that i was deserting my only son?

I shook my head. I had so much on my plate. I didnt even have the strength to think too much. I didnt want to even think about anything at all.

I stood up and dragged myself to the kitchen.

CHIOMA.

I eyed Kainene as she stepped into the sitting room, dressed in a lilac silk long dress with silver plaitings at the top. I remembered the dress vividly, i had gotten it for her on her twentieth birthday. I couldnt believe she had kept it until now.

'where have you been?' i asked.

She looked surprised 'why are you back from the hotel so early?'

'why werent you at the hotel today?' i asked.

'oh common mum...' she sighed, sitting on the couch beside. She took off her black heels 'is everything alright? You dont look too well' she placed her hand on my forehead 'have you had something to eat?'

'Kainenechukwu, where have you been all day. I've been calling your line but it wasnt reachable. I called Kaka and she said she wasnt with you. So you abandoned your aged mother at the hotel and started galivanting okwaya?'

'oh mum, i'm terribly sorry....' she slapped her palms on her forehead 'i woke up this morning and realised my flow had come. The cramps and all, i was very weak. And by the time, i decided to come down to your room, you already left for the hotel. So i decided to rest for a while, but then the cramps came heavier and it only relaxed in the evening. Then, a friend of mine called me and we went out together, i'm very sorry'

I sighed saying nothing.

'but mum, what is it? Tell me. You look so dull and it looks as if you have the whole world on your shoulders. You've never questioned my whereabouts before, at least, since i became and adult. And you've never scolded me for not visiting the hotel as long as you are there to handle things' she looked concerned.

I sighed saying nothing 'Kainene, just go up to your room and have a good night rest, i'm in no mood to talk'

'mum...didnt you say a problem shared is a problem half shared?'

'Kainene, please i beg you' i placed my palms together 'just let it go for today, biko, i'm very tired and stressed, i wouldnt want you stressing me more than i already am'

'mum....'

'oya eat the sitting room!' i said rising on my feet 'if you will not leave, then i will. Goodnight!'

TBC

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 8:00am On Dec 22, 2016
gtin:
Am blushing oh, i finally got a dedication, thanks op u ar d bestest (is dat an English word?)
Nawa oo, do guys blush??
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 8:01am On Dec 22, 2016
saraphina:
after Christmas ma.
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 8:02am On Dec 22, 2016
Qasaforlife:
Babe u dey kill person die for dis story oo. Infact u r the bomb. Hmmm Kainene and Nathan,love wantiti.
If i'm d bomb, u're d boko Haram
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 8:02am On Dec 22, 2016
abefe99:
its been long I comment dear its lovely u are a genius more grace to ur upstair
Tanz Hon, wer hav u bin??
Re: Red Ashes by abefe99: 8:10am On Dec 22, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Tanz Hon, wer hav u bin??
work tinss now
Re: Red Ashes by Qasaforlife(f): 8:51am On Dec 22, 2016
Chumzypinky:

If i'm d bomb, u're d boko Haram
Buhahahahahahahahahaha. Waiting for more update. Hope ur night was a bliss?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (122) (Reply)

Beauty And The Mechanic / The Devil Wears Okrika / All In A Circle.....(A crime story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.