Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun (8256 Views)

Look At The Nuisance Apc Is Creating In Ordinary Ward Congress - Governor Wike / Aisha Yesufu To El-Rufai: "APC Is The 419 Party" / APC Is A Bullying Party, Says Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by akelicious(m): 5:43am On Dec 08, 2016
Concerned about the aftermath of the November 26 governorship election in Ondo State, Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, one of the closest allies of President Muhammadu Buhari, thursday admitted that the All Progressives Congress (APC) was going through a difficult period, but expressed optimism that the party would pull through it soon.

Amosun was believed to have been one of the kingpins behind the election victory of the party in Ondo State.
His comments came on the heels of a fence-mending meeting between the leadership of the party and Senate President Bukola Saraki and other principal officers of the Senate who are members of the party, at the APC national secretariat in Abuja wednesday.Amosun, who was particularly concerned about the new status being accorded him within political circles since the Ondo election as the new leader of the APC in the South-west, rejected the title, but reiterated his support and loyalty to Buhari and the APC.

Amosun was apparently reacting to the disenchantment within the party over the Ondo governorship election that is threatening to tear the APC apart.

A National Leader of the APC, Chief Bola Ahmed Tinubu, and former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, for instance, have been identified as critical chieftains of the party that have opened talks with the Senator Ahmed Makarfi-led faction of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to form a new mega party that would wrest control from the APC in 2019.

In a statement he personally signed, Amosun said: “For the avoidance of doubt, I am not, by any stretch of imagination, the leader or new leader of the APC in the South-west. I am a loyal party member, and I shall stand by our party and of course, with President Muhammadu Buhari. I am also obliged to respect all our leaders in the state, South-west and Nigeria.

“This is the minimum that is required of every party member by custom, and by the constitution of the party. I acknowledge that these are rather difficult times in the life of our party and in the nation.
“I am confident that we shall overcome and our party, the APC, and our dear country will come out even stronger, more viable and united.”

Addressing the issue of his assumption as the new APC leader in the South-west, the governor added: “I have noticed with consternation the recurring misnomer and mis-description in political nomenclature particularly as they relate to the politics of the South-west, and by extension, the country as a whole.

“I refer to the emerging tendency of referring to me and some other members of our great party as the ‘Leader(s) of the South West’ or ‘New Leader(s) of the APC in the South West’.

“When that phrase was first brought to my attention, particularly during the weeks preceding the Ondo State gubernatorial election, my immediate reaction was to ignore same as yet another distractive antics of the opposition.

“Somehow, the misnomer stuck and it came to appear rather more frequently in several other fora and publications, including respectable gatherings and the media.

“Lies and misconceptions, when told and asserted repeatedly with gusto, have the tendency to assume the toga of the truth. It is for these reasons that I have considered it of critical importance to set the records straight.
“As the governor of an APC controlled state, Ogun, I am a huge stakeholder in my party. In all that I do, in the open and in private, the bigger interest of our party remains the guiding principle for my actions, decisions and alliances.

“I grew up in the old Western Region, where loyalty to corporate goal and party supremacy was the hallmark of a true party member, and indeed every citizen.”Amosun maintained that “true leadership” could not be by conjecture or wishful thinking. “From the template that we inherited from our forbearers, it is usually earned. In political parlance, leadership also evolves. If we take this as our guide, even as governor, I have leaders from my state and at the national level

http://www.akelicious.com/2016/12/apc-is-going-through-rough-patch-amosun.html?m=1

Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by Atiku2019: 5:59am On Dec 08, 2016
Atiku2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by Sunnymatey(m): 6:01am On Dec 08, 2016
APC for deceiving Nigerians you will suffer. Ask PDP if only they ve learned. Tinubu now is humbled he sold himself into slavery. Ntoor

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by sarrki(m): 6:04am On Dec 08, 2016
Guys no time

Please go and work
Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by izzou(m): 6:05am On Dec 08, 2016
Sunnymatey:
APC for deceiving Nigerians you will suffer. Ask PDP if only they ve learned. Tinubu now is humbled he sold himself into slavery. Ntoor

The people in apc are the ones who were dissatisfied in pdp.

With time, they will eventually get greedy and pull out.

It's just a matter of fact time

18 Likes

Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by sarrki(m): 6:05am On Dec 08, 2016
Sunnymatey:

Sync will be perfect in this situation.

2 Likes

Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by chemicalDisease: 6:09am On Dec 08, 2016
Greedy people.

2 Likes

Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by Atiku2019: 6:11am On Dec 08, 2016
sarrki:
Guys no time

Please go and work

Pls tell Pa Buhari to go and work too cry cry

14 Likes

Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by sarrki(m): 6:14am On Dec 08, 2016
Atiku2019:

Pls tell Pa Buhari to go and work too cry cry

Morning ,

It seems in your dream pmb us tormenting you

Your candidate is DOA

6 Likes

Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by Atiku2019: 6:18am On Dec 08, 2016
sarrki:

Morning ,

It seems in your dream pmb us tormenting you

Your candidate is DOA

Don't worry about my candidate, you should be more worried that your Mentor Buhari has brought us deep into the worst Recession in Nigeria cry cry cry

23 Likes

Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by ajepako(f): 6:19am On Dec 08, 2016
Una just dey start....

Falling....falling...finally fallen!

5 Likes

Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by nzeobi(m): 6:21am On Dec 08, 2016
Amosun the juju your party used to deceive their supporters is still very potent as can be seen in edo and ondo.

Don't explain anything to them

1 Like

Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by sarrki(m): 6:21am On Dec 08, 2016
Atiku2019:

Don't worry about my candidate, you should be more worried that your Mentor Buhari has brought us deep into the worst Recession in Nigeria cry cry cry

Your former hero caused us all this pain

Why did you desert him like a placard.

No more free money shey?

4 Likes

Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by Atiku2019: 6:27am On Dec 08, 2016
sarrki:

Your former hero caused us all this pain

Why did you desert him like a placard.

No more free money shey?

Caused what?

1) oil is now sold at $52 and over 2million barrels daily.

2) Federal Government don't pay fuel subsidy

3) We now use the TSA

So why are we still in Recession? undecided

Mr Sarrki Buhari remains the worst President in Africa please don't compare him with OBJ/ATK tenure. That's an insult

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:59am On Dec 08, 2016
Barely 2yrs and you're already going through a rough patch? A family of evil men

4 Likes

Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by columbus007(m): 7:04am On Dec 08, 2016
Rough part isn't enough,Dear God please help them go through a crash part and make dem never to be return.

6 Likes

Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by pointstores(m): 7:06am On Dec 08, 2016
nigeria politics of hatred
Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 08, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:30am On Dec 08, 2016
Everybody is going through a rough patch because of APC

2 Likes

Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by RentALodge: 7:31am On Dec 08, 2016
The fear of Tinubu is the beginning of wisdom. The fight for the southwest has just begun. No, you're the new leader of the southwest o. Take it, because you've betrayed one of your own.

Remember Law-1? Never outshine the master
"Always make those above you feel comfortably superior. In your desire to please or impress them, do not go too far in displaying your talents or you might accomplish the opposite, to inspire fear and insecurity. Make your masters appear more brilliant than they are and you will attain the heights of power."

By taking sides with Oyegun and company, you basically told Tinubu to go to hell with his complaints. You rallied around Oyegun as your own master Tinubu cried in silence.

Remember Law-15? Crush your enemy totally
"All great leaders since Moses have known that a feared enemy must be crushed completely. Sometimes they have learned this the hard way. If one ember is left alight, no matter how dimly it smolders, a fire will eventually break out. More is lost through stopping halfway than through total annihilation. The enemy will recover, and will seek revenge. Crush him, not only in body but in spirit."

Your attempt to crush Tinubu and all that he's worked for has failed. Unfortunately for you, you didn't crush him completely, which you should have done. Tinubu will recover and get his pound of flesh. Just watch and stop explaining yourself. We knew what you just did to undermine Tinubu.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by ednut1(m): 7:31am On Dec 08, 2016
Atiku2019:
Atiku2019
Nigeria is doomed. How can a sane person clamour for Atiku. Chai. Wat a pity

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by HQuadreal: 7:32am On Dec 08, 2016
Nigeria Politics.
Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by ennysongs(m): 7:33am On Dec 08, 2016
Who dem epp, na dem cause all the havoc
Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by AkupeMBANO(m): 7:34am On Dec 08, 2016
we know. I seriously pray APC collapses very soon, if possible this evening sef. rubbish government and political party.

3 Likes

Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by Atiku2019: 7:36am On Dec 08, 2016
ednut1:
Nigeria is doomed. How can a sane person clamour for Atiku. Chai. Wat a pity

I'm Insane. Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by buchilino(m): 7:37am On Dec 08, 2016
sarrki:
Guys no time
Please go and work
WOW AM IMPRESSED, 4 ONCE U SPOKE SOMETHING NICE.

1 Like

Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by buchilino(m): 7:40am On Dec 08, 2016
sarrki:

Sync will be perfect in this situation.
N HIS BACK 2 HIS BIZARRE WAYS.
Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 08, 2016
Is Tinubu going?
Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by Mendelssohn(m): 7:44am On Dec 08, 2016
Well.... The thing is, most of the fast fingers here can't see beyond their noses, hence the rush to type some inconsequential balderdash. Yes, APC is going through some quagmire but that's not alien to normal developments in party politics. Most of them have at once, had some internal rancorous ruptures and pettifogging disputations. It doesn't really warrant the beer parlour comments like the ones of most of the posters above. The shout of Atiku 2019 shows most of them are still wallowing in self inflicted oblivion and apparent inability to upgrade from the pitiable confinement of social media babies assumption as well as commonplace analysis with mere speculative deductions. Personally, I think Tinubu should distinguish between regional politics and that of national. Whereas, he can determine the operational disposition of his stooge governors, he's most unlikely to maintain such control over the president. He can't just have it all with the conviction of having a say or determination over everything. No matter how, the likes of fashola, fayemi and many others, were appointed on his account whether directly or indirectly. At least, he brought them to national political consciousness. So if the president is still making some concessions to him, why must he want to have it all? If the president did not win the 2015 election in states like akwa-ibom, delta, ekiti, anambra and so on, remember he had substantial votes there too and some people were responsible for that and they should equally be compensated. Some people will never learn, no matter how and I pity those people who don't think or take time to study these developments but are only limited to the borrowed wisdom from fellow dunce nairalanders. I was thinking the ondo state election would be an eye opener and of course, a reason to reason beyond social media analysis and unrealistic speculative deduction but....it's just unfortunate as usual. Let mega party be formed till 2050, it doesn't stop Buhari from winning in 2019. The people who are gonna do that voting don't have the time or the exposure to join your useless Atiku or mega party social media noise.

3 Likes

Re: APC Is Going Through A Rough Patch - Amosun by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:49am On Dec 08, 2016
It is noted.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Accuse Oshiomhole Of Lying About Assasination Attempt / This Is Why Nnamdi Kanu Should Not Storm Lagos / NJC suspends interview of Supreme Court Justices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.