Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland (29553 Views)

Best Areas To Rent Houses, Flats, To Live In Ikorodu, Lagos. Information Needed. / Cheapest Areas To Rent A Self Contained In Lagos Mainland / Would You Give Up Social Media To Live In This Mansion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by Thistles: 9:47am On Dec 08, 2016
It is not strange to enter into a budget deficit in Lagos. This may be because so many people earn less than they spend. The best areas to live in Lagos might be too expensive for a lot of people, even for those who live on the mainland. Thus, I have curated a list of the most affordable areas to live on Lagos mainland. In this list, I have decided to list areas that are pocket-friendly in the Lagos mainland in terms of transportation and accommodation.

Bariga

Bariga is located at Somolu local government area of Lagos state. It chiefly derives its popularity from being the home of the oldest secondary school in Lagos state, CMS Grammar School Lagos. Living in some streets in Bariga may be rough, yet it is pocket-friendly. If you don’t have a car, so streets in Bariga Church links to the third mainland bridge. So if you work on the Island, and you can’t afford to rent an apartment there due to finances. Bariga is a good and very cheap place for you to live. You can get a self-contain apartment for as low as 150,000 NGN in Bariga. The cost of transportation to other parts of Lagos is also affordable. Anyone living in Bariga can travel round Lagos conveniently.

Mushin

Mushin has a reputation of a rough, congested, and a poorly maintained area. This is not true. Mushin is located 10 km north of the Lagos city core, adjacent to the main road to Ikeja. This shows that it is strategically located. Apart from this, accommodation in Mushin is highly affordable and transportation is an easy nut to chew. There are also beautiful houses in places like Palm Avenue and Olurunsogo. Those areas are serene and good places to live. The cost of renting a mini flat in Mushin is as low as 150,000 NGN. So if you just got a job at Ikeja, or you work anywhere in the mainland, do not hesitate to relocate to Mushin.

Agege

Agege is one of the cheapest places to live in Lagos. It is located under the Ikeja division and it is home to a good number of people working in Ikeja. It also shares boundaries with strategic places in Lagos. Agege is quite big, so while some places in Agege are very affordable, a few areas are moderately affordable, meaning that some areas are not as cheap as others. You can get a two bedroom flat here for as low as 280,000 NGN and a three bedroom flat for as low as 350,000 NGN. So you don’t need to travel too far to cut down your cost of rent.

Baruwa Ipaja

This area is quite unpopular to so many Lagosians. Baruwa Ipaja is located after Iyana Ipaja. For me, it is the cheapest area to live in Lagos in terms of accommodation. Getting an apartment in Baruwa is almost half the price of getting an apartment in any other part of Lagos. To avoid the Lagos traffic, if you work on the Island, you have to leave for work very early in the morning. This way, you get to save money on transportation thus you get more for staying at Baruwa Ipaja.

Source: https://www.tolet.com.ng/blog/top-4-most-affordable-areas-to-live-in-lagos-mainland/?utm_source=nairaland&utm_campaign=nairaland_8_12_2016&utm_medium=blog

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by deriod(m): 11:38am On Dec 08, 2016
Baruwa of which year ,forget that thing ,houses in Baruwa are not cheap anymore

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by PortableAngel: 5:20pm On Dec 08, 2016
deriod:
Baruwa of which year ,forget that thing ,houses in Baruwa are not cheap anymore
It's still very cheap compared to other places in Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by nmreports: 6:44am On Dec 09, 2016
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by mlanreh: 6:44am On Dec 09, 2016
Let see what the person below me has to say. wait ooo did I see Shomolu in that list, that hood a NO NO for someone like me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by nony43(m): 6:44am On Dec 09, 2016
Mushin? I think you should also consider your safety before considering where to stay.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by johnstar(m): 6:44am On Dec 09, 2016
Aj
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by gabazin080(m): 6:45am On Dec 09, 2016
this op doesnt even know lagos. to live in mushin is cheap but ajegunle is not abi

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by myners007: 6:45am On Dec 09, 2016
Where is Ajegunle?
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by TedBaker(m): 6:45am On Dec 09, 2016
Lagos Brooklyn

2 Likes

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by 9jayes: 6:45am On Dec 09, 2016
Oshodi nko?
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by jeeqaa7(m): 6:45am On Dec 09, 2016
ok
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by jamoscofield(m): 6:45am On Dec 09, 2016
chicken for market now na #4,500

10 Likes

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by kenkels: 6:45am On Dec 09, 2016
Z
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by GogetterMD(m): 6:45am On Dec 09, 2016
Baruwa houses no longer cheap as many houses there now are built to executive taste
Bariga and Mushin You didn't tell us you were writing a ghetto story. You won't have peace in those areas

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by TINALETC3(f): 6:46am On Dec 09, 2016
Al dose places ar 2 dirty jooooor, gutter upandan, 2 noisy, population 2,refuse dump everywhere

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by Correspondence(m): 6:46am On Dec 09, 2016
Ikorodu is cheap

8 Likes

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by bikerboy1(m): 6:47am On Dec 09, 2016
grin grin MUSHIN ON POINT

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by SIRmanjar(m): 6:47am On Dec 09, 2016
Iduumagbo lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 09, 2016
OP,please name any part of Lagos you live and I will tell you where you can get a cheap apartment there!!!even in ikeja,you will get a cheap apartment in ipodo,oregun(the right side when going to ojota),anifowose close to the railway!!!only a dumb MOD will push this forward!!!a friend lives in Bariga and he paid 800k for a mini flat!!!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by PapaBrowne(m): 6:48am On Dec 09, 2016
The solution to the strain renters face is simple.

The government could encourage landlords to run a tripartite rent scheme where for eg.

1) An apartment costs 500,000 if you pay yearly.

2) Same apartment costs 600,000 if you pay quarterly ie 150,000 per quarter.

3) Same apartment costs 720,000 if you pay monthly ie 60,000 per month.

Most people earn their salaries monthly. It makes no sense looking for a full years rent when you aren't paid salaries yearly. These simple things are part of the motivation for corruption in Nigeria.

If you just got a job earning 200,000 monthly, you cannot even save 500,000 Naira in six months to rent a house talk less of the associated costs of furnishings, generator etc. And that's supposed to be a good enough salary.

Nigeria is one of the few countries in the world where people pay year rents and I wonder how salary earners cope with these. In many cities globally, you can even pay your rents weekly.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by klassykute(m): 6:49am On Dec 09, 2016
dat guy said land will soon finish
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by damibravo(m): 6:49am On Dec 09, 2016
Which kine list be this?

You're supposed to do your including security and transportation

I'd rather stay in some outskirt of Lagos than Bariga
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by victorazy(m): 6:49am On Dec 09, 2016
Leki still in my mind.

5 Likes

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by helpee(m): 6:49am On Dec 09, 2016
PortableAngel:

It's still very cheap compared to other places in Lagos.
which baruwa are you talking about? if it is the one i know after abesan estate then you obviously sat down in your room to compile this without any form of investigation? Baruwa is not by any standard cheap

2 Likes

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by VickyRotex(f): 6:49am On Dec 09, 2016
What's the meaning of "Mushin Olosha"? I know the meaning of Olosha. (Olorisa) correct me if I'm wrong.

helpee:
which baruwa are you talking about? if it is the one i know after abesan estate then you obviously sat down in your room to compile this without any form of investigation? Baruwa is not by any standard cheap

Brother or Sister, look at the moniker of the person you quoted and the moniker of the Op, are they the same?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by durubrian(m): 6:50am On Dec 09, 2016
myners007:
Where is Ajegunle?

AJEGUNLE IS EXPENSIVE OOO

3 Likes

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by martineverest(m): 6:50am On Dec 09, 2016
these are ghettos or semi-ghettoes....where is ayobo on dat list?
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by adioolayi(m): 6:50am On Dec 09, 2016
Bariga..Mushin... You mean places where you will park your car intact on the street because there is no compound to do so and wake up to see windscreen shattered, full lights removed, Car battery gone and other miraculous happenings...grin grin

Not always sha...Just once in a while.. lol

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by gift01: 6:51am On Dec 09, 2016
Nairaland space booking is the cheapest and most affordable
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by Turks: 6:51am On Dec 09, 2016
Baruwa? OP, when was the last time you visited? Houses there are very expensive now.
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by sakalisis(m): 6:51am On Dec 09, 2016
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

E-Mansion (Re-screeding & Painting) Pictures / Renting A House? 5 Things To Consider / Emeka Offor Donates 10 Houses To Widows In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.