Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,386 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland (29587 Views)

Best Areas To Rent Houses, Flats, To Live In Ikorodu, Lagos. Information Needed. / Cheapest Areas To Rent A Self Contained In Lagos Mainland / Would You Give Up Social Media To Live In This Mansion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by apollo13(m): 6:52am On Dec 09, 2016
TINALETC3:
Al dose places ar 2 dirty jooooor, gutter upandan, 2 noisy, population 2,refuse dump everywhere
the guy just dey mention Lagos ghettos for us.
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by durubrian(m): 6:52am On Dec 09, 2016
TINALETC3:
Al dose places ar 2 dirty jooooor, gutter upandan, 2 noisy, population 2,refuse dump everywhere

Your house no dirty?

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by Turks: 6:53am On Dec 09, 2016
Another wrong assumption
TINALETC3:

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by victorazy(m): 6:54am On Dec 09, 2016
Benz4pimp:
OP,please name any part of Lagos you live and I will tell you where you can get a cheap apartment there!!!even in ikeja,you will get a cheap apartment in ipodo,oregun(the right side when going to ojota),anifowose close to the railway!!!only a dumb MOD will push this forward!!!a friend lives in Bariga and he paid 800k for a mini flat!!!

O boy cheesy you be landlord o!

I don't like Lagos, is over crowded and noisy. Maybe I will change my mind in future.
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 09, 2016
victorazy:

O boy cheesy you be landlord o!

I don't like Lagos, is over crowded and noisy. Maybe I will change my mind in future.
i love Lagos die,I love to cool out in Ibadan though but you can't take the action both positive/negative out of Lag!!!

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by idris4r83(m): 7:05am On Dec 09, 2016
Benz4pimp:
OP,please name any part of Lagos you live and I will tell you where you can get a cheap apartment there!!!even in ikeja,you will get a cheap apartment in ipodo,oregun(the right side when going to ojota),anifowose close to the railway!!!only a dumb MOD will push this forward!!!a friend lives in Bariga and he paid 800k for a mini flat!!!
800k for a mini flat? Which work him dey do?
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by Dsrooftiles: 7:06am On Dec 09, 2016
Okay thank Op...

For Current price of Stone coated and Alum.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by bakynes(m): 7:06am On Dec 09, 2016
OP remove Baruwa from your list and replace with Igbogbo part of Ikorodu, a 2bedroom flat there cost 150k while in Baruwa a 2 bedroom cost 200k.
Baruwa has close proximity to Ikeja but Igbogbo side of Ikorodu is close to Ogun state.

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by bakynes(m): 7:08am On Dec 09, 2016
idris4r83:

A Mini flat can never be 800k in Bariga haba even if it's a new house.

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by idris4r83(m): 7:11am On Dec 09, 2016
bakynes:

A Mini flat can never be 800k in Bariga haba even if it's a new house.
abeg help me tell am o
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by bakynes(m): 7:15am On Dec 09, 2016
idris4r83:
abeg help me tell am o
Some people think say no fools dem they follow talk for nairaland. Even 3bedroom flat for Ikeja, Ogba and Surulere na 800k so how will a mini flat now be 800k in a place like Bariga.

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by Ayus34(m): 7:20am On Dec 09, 2016
PortableAngel:

It's still very cheap compared to other places in Lagos.
Oga forget theory......face practical, houses àround that axis are now expensive immediately after the rehabilitation of the road.
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 09, 2016
idris4r83:
he finished with a 1st class at Unilag,used part of his price money to rent that and he is in for masters,same school!!!
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by etenyong(m): 7:21am On Dec 09, 2016
Pls include Iyana oworo, orile, Ajegunle and ijora in ur list
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by uzolexis(f): 7:23am On Dec 09, 2016
Ago palace way, okota is relatively cheap too.
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by idris4r83(m): 7:23am On Dec 09, 2016
Benz4pimp:
he finished with a 1st class at Unilag,used part of his price money to rent that and he is in for masters,same school!!!
jobless! The guy do wetin pass am him power o. Why him no get school hostel jeje then use the 800k to struggle. With 800k capital he can achieve a lot. 800k in mmm can now fetch 400k per month.
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 09, 2016
idris4r83:
Lai Lai.... it can never be.
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by Orikinla(m): 7:29am On Dec 09, 2016
They are not safe.
They are among the dangerous places in Lagos city.
If you can, just avoid them.
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 09, 2016
bakynes:
OP remove Baruwa from your list and replace with Igbogbo part of Ikorodu, a 2bedroom flat there cost 150k while in Baruwa a 2 bedroom cost 200k.
Baruwa has close proximity to Ikeja but Igbogbo side of Ikorodu is close to Ogun state.
Na who Ogun state epp. .. I would prefer the Baruwa area to tgbogbo

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by segebase(m): 7:32am On Dec 09, 2016
PortableAngel:
It's still very cheap compared to other places in Lagos.
a friend of mine pays 400k per yr
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by funsho2016: 7:42am On Dec 09, 2016
Mishin is rough Yea few places but definitely not cheap.The Security issue is almost everywhere in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 09, 2016
Spent over 25yrs of my early life in mushin and I can tell there are secured(Nigerian standard) and clean environment in Mushin...check out the likes of Ilupeju, Palm groove, Olateju tho noisy, Palm Avenue axis etc.

2 Likes

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 09, 2016
idris4r83:
jobless! The guy do wetin pass am him power o. Why him no get school hostel jeje then use the 800k to struggle. With 800k capital he can achieve a lot. 800k in mmm can now fetch 400k per month.
God forbid MMM!!!sorry we don't gamble!!!You call him jobless,Yet he isn't hungry,we invest in better things.....real estate,livestock farming but not gamble

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by midehill(m): 7:45am On Dec 09, 2016
d op z rite...houses are quite cheap in baruwa buh hmmn no lite...buh we tank God...since yesternyt...d nyt. ave bin stable
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by idris4r83(m): 7:52am On Dec 09, 2016
Benz4pimp:
God forbid MMM!!!sorry we don't gamble!!!You call him jobless,Yet he isn't hungry,we invest in better things.....real estate,livestock farming but not gamble
mmm is not gambling bro. It's obvious u don't even know the ideology of mmm. Surebet, nairabet are gamble but u can never call mmm a gamble. Is jobless an offensive word? Sorry if u take it offensive.

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by Abbiguy4real: 7:52am On Dec 09, 2016
if you love urselfs dont go near baruwa. the rents there has skyrocketed in the last two and half year . averaging 400k and 500k for 3 bedroom.

Again light there is a no go area . that place is always dark at night o .. No wonder rent there was so cheap . but not again . No light at all . I hear because they dont pay Nepa so for months to months they dont see light . Yes could you believe for the past 6 month the entire baruwa has not experience light .i stay there and know what i mean . the highest you can get light is 1 hour per day .inshort its like u r living in remote village off the express road of lagos benin .. the light situation there is the worst t can be in lagos . i packed down there last year because of the cheap rent . Men do you know i run my gen on a daily basis for one full year in this buhari recession . . Again the cost of living in baruwa is high as against what i expected and compared to other areas around . that is my own two pence .

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 09, 2016
idris4r83:
mmm is not gambling bro. It's obvious u don't even know the ideology of mmm. Surebet, nairabet are gamble but u can never call mmm a gamble. Is jobless an offensive word? Sorry if u take it offensive.
sorry if I used the wrong word!!!we only put funds into what we can monitor,control.....
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by Vectormike(m): 7:57am On Dec 09, 2016
Baruwa ke? My Dad's tenants pay N350,000 for a year.
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by Gemc3(f): 7:57am On Dec 09, 2016
See me expecting to hear places like Iyana Isashi, Okokomaiko, Ijanikin, etc

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by ijenwa01(m): 8:03am On Dec 09, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]u forget oyingbo on your list.
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by mistyebby(f): 8:03am On Dec 09, 2016
uzolexis:
Ago palace way, okota is relatively cheap too.

How much is a 2 bedroom flat there for a year?
Re: Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland by Henryadaku(m): 8:04am On Dec 09, 2016
PapaBrowne:
The solution to the strain renters face is simple.

The government could encourage landlords to run a tripartite rent scheme where for eg.

1) An apartment costs 500,000 if you pay yearly.

2) Same apartment costs 600,000 if you pay quarterly ie 150,000 per quarter.

3) Same apartment costs 720,000 if you pay monthly ie 60,000 per month.

Most people earn their salaries monthly. It makes no sense looking for a full years rent when you aren't paid salaries yearly. These simple things are part of the motivation for corruption in Nigeria.

If you just got a job earning 200,000 monthly, you cannot even save 500,000 Naira in six months to rent a house talk less of the associated costs of furnishings, generator etc. And that's supposed to be a good enough salary.

Nigeria is one of the few countries in the world where people pay year rents and I wonder how salary earners cope with these. In many cities globally, you can even pay your rents weekly.

In Accra you'll pay for 2years straight !!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

E-Mansion (Re-screeding & Painting) Pictures / Lekki Gardens Finishings. / Emeka Offor Donates 10 Houses To Widows In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.