Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,620 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense (7924 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More / Bishop Tom Samson And His Customized Roll Royce Step Out In Style / Bishop Tom Samson And His Hummer Limousine Spotted In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by Ranchhoddas: 12:07am On Dec 09, 2016
Abeg na where you copy this one from?
KingEbukaNaija:

Samson was known for his strength and not wisdom - he acted stupidly of course . Delilah tried three times to inveigle Samson to reveal the secret of his strength. And she failed to three times because Samson deceived her with various stories. Samson was just playing games with her as the Spirit of God had left him because he disobeyed God's law by showing intentions to marry a Philistine woman despite the act being a violation of God’s law on intermarriage with pagans . And of course , he was totally in love with her . Love is blind kiss

Anyway , Samson’s hair was not the source of his strength - his unshaven hair was simply the sign that he was obeying God’s command for him to be a Nazarite. The Spirit of God was the source of Samson's strength not his hair .

Judges 16: 17
And he told her all his heart, and said to her, “A razor has never come upon my head, for I have been a Nazirite to God from my mother's womb. If my head is shaved, then my strength will leave me, and I shall become weak and be like any other man.”

According to the dictionary , a Nazirite is an Israelite who was consecrated to the service of God, under vows to abstain from alcohol, let the hair grow, and avoid defilement by contact with dead bodies (Num. 6). So that means the unshaven hair was the symbol of a Nazarite's relationship with God .
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by KingEbukaNaija: 12:10am On Dec 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Abeg na where you copy this one from?

hmmm ....copied ke .
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by Ranchhoddas: 12:12am On Dec 09, 2016
It looks plagiarized
KingEbukaNaija:

hmmm ....copied ke .
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by KingEbukaNaija: 12:17am On Dec 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
It looks plagiarized

I copied the dictionary meaning of Nazarite

Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by jonbellion(m): 1:24am On Dec 09, 2016
Lol
He also stole clothes because he lost a bet
And got honey from the body of a lion
Killed about how many philistines with a donkeys jawbone
And
Made the stupidest riddle in the entire middle east at the time
Ooh my.....

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by hopefulLandlord: 1:53am On Dec 09, 2016
jonbellion:
Lol
He also stole clothes because he lost a bet
And got honey from the body of a lion
Killed about how many philistines with a donkeys jawbone
And
Made the stupidest riddle in the entire middle east at the time
Ooh my.....

once you step outside a religion, the absurdities of it becomes clearer to you but if you're still in it you won't see any absurdity

its like someone who's in a very smelly toilet and has lived there all his life and never even as much as step out of it, his nose and lungs have gotten so used to it that he believes that's how everywhere else smells and the brain regards the smell as "normal" so its no longer a smell to him but "fresh air"

if someone that's lived in a place with cleaner fresher air visits this Toliet guy and tells him that the place smells he won't believe it

he'll argue with the guy with all his strength

if by chance the toilet guy leaves the place for few hours, get what fresh air really is and gets back to his usual place, the smell would then hit him, he would then realise what bullsheeet smell he's been living in all his life

this is how the stories in most hole-ly books are

as soon as you step outside it you realise you've been glossing over or believing several absurd stories that you've now found difficult/impossible to gloss over let alone believe

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by adelee777: 2:40am On Dec 09, 2016
except i am missing something, d bible didn't say delilah was a prostitute. She was just called ''a woman''. Also, all her antics would not seem like betrayal to samson, because each time she said ''d phillistines are upon u'', those phillistines were not actually there to attack samson. So it would look like testing his love for her. As per d hair issue, he said his hair had never been cut before, dat if cut, he would lose his power. Growing back would not have anything to do with it as he didn't say having long hair was his power.
God bless u bro, n Jesus loves u.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by jonbellion(m): 2:47am On Dec 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

once you step outside a religion, the absurdities of it becomes clearer to you but if you're still in it you won't see any absurdity

its like someone who's in a very smelly toilet and has lived there all his life and never even as much as step out of it, his nose and lungs have gotten so used to it that he believes that's how everywhere else smells and the brain regards the smell as "normal" so its no longer a smell to him but "fresh air"

if someone that's lived in a place with cleaner fresher air visits this Toliet guy and tells him that the place smells he won't believe it

he'll argue with the guy with all his strength

if by chance the toilet guy leaves the place for few hours, get what fresh air really is and gets back to his usual place, the smell would then hit him, he would then realise what bullsheeet smell he's been living in all his life

this is how the stories in most hole-ly books are

as soon as you step outside it you realise you've been glossing over or believing several absurd stories that you've now found difficult/impossible to gloss over let alone believe
abi just look at MrPresident1
Waiting for a dead Jew to whisk him off to the sky and destroy the earth that he did not help a bit
This kind of thinking is detrimental to society really
Humanity's progress means nothing to them
They would rather wait for the end year after year after year after year
Which year have I not seen one nutjob chanting about the end time
Let this people just leave the planet sef
If you want to believe in God so much be a diest
Diests are more reasonable
The end of religion would not happen in a day
In the next three centuries humanity would look back at how stupid we once were
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by 4kings: 2:59am On Dec 09, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Samson was known for his strength and not wisdom - he acted stupidly of course . Delilah tried three times to inveigle Samson to reveal the secret of his strength. And she failed to three times because Samson deceived her with various stories. Samson was just playing games with her as the Spirit of God had left him because he disobeyed God's law by showing intentions to marry a Philistine woman despite the act being a violation of God’s law on intermarriage with pagans . And of course , he was totally in love with her . Love is blind kiss

Anyway , Samson’s hair was not the source of his strength - his unshaven hair was simply the sign that he was obeying God’s command for him to be a Nazarite. The Spirit of God was the source of Samson's strength not his hair .

And he told her all his heart, and said to her, “A razor has never come upon my head, for I have been a Nazirite to God from my mother's womb. If my head is shaved, then my strength will leave me, and I shall become weak and be like any other man.”

According to the dictionary , a Nazirite is an Israelite who was consecrated to the service of God, under vows to abstain from alcohol, let the hair grow, and avoid defilement by contact with dead bodies (Num. 6). So that means the unshaven hair was the symbol of a Nazarite's relationship with God .
What "Blind Faith" does to a man.
Sighs
# intellectual dishonesty
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by alBHAGDADI: 4:26am On Dec 09, 2016
realmindz:

You are lying and you know it..

This topic is about common sense.

It would be the height of stupidity for this story to happen to anyone...only a perfect slowpoke.

1. Tell me how the judge of Israel was so stupid to tell a lie the first time and the lie was used exactly as said against him...and it happened a 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th time... HOW?

2. The philistines were so stupid they forgot to cut of his hairs or so stupid to leave chances
These 2 questions only are weeping for answers or should I say common sense!

what is so difficult in stating the answers clearly perhaps u have nothing to say and doging questions like bullets. or are u ashamed of the stupidity of the story
The spirit of God had already left him cos he sinned by patronising prostitutes. Moreover, he sinned against God, the source of his strength, by marrying a Philistine woman, a thing God warned against. All of that are enough to make him start acting stupid cos he was no longer under the anointing. He was no longer under the anointing doesn't mean he still couldn't kill over 2000 men with just a donkey's jawbone.

The main reason why God finally left him, which made him weak, is simply because he foolishly allowed the symbol of God's authority over him to be cut off, which is his hair. God had nothing to do with him again, cos a man that could tell such a secret he shares with God to a forbidden woman cannot be trusted with God's power anymore.

His hair wasn't his power but the symbol of God's authority over him. The moment he cut if off, he lost God's favour. His hair started growing back cos God once again showed him favoured when he prayed for one last strength to be able to punish his enemies. The moment the authority came on him, his hair grew back.

As for why the Philistines were stupid enough to allow Samson's hair grow back. This questions explains why America were stupid enough to allow Osama Bin Laden blow up the World Trade Centre.
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by jonbellion(m): 4:52am On Dec 09, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
The spirit of God had already left him cos he sinned by patronising prostitutes. Moreover, he sinned against God, the source of his strength, by marrying a Philistine woman, a thing God warned against. All of that are enough to make him start acting stupid cos he was no longer under the anointing. He was no longer under the anointing doesn't mean he still couldn't kill over 2000 men with just a donkey's jawbone.

The main reason why God finally left him, which made him weak, is simply because he foolishly allowed the symbol of God's authority over him to be cut off, which is his hair. God had nothing to do with him again, cos a man that could tell such a secret he shares with God to a forbidden woman cannot be trusted with God's power anymore.

His hair wasn't his power but the symbol of God's authority over him. The moment he cut if off, he lost God's favour. His hair started growing back cos God once again showed him favoured when he prayed for one last strength to be able to punish his enemies. The moment the authority came on him, his hair grew back.

As for why the Philistines were stupid enough to allow Samson's hair grow back. This questions explains why America were stupid enough to allow Osama Bin Laden blow up the World Trade Centre.
What
The
Fukkkkk

Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by realmindz: 6:18am On Dec 09, 2016
From the response I've gotten from the Christians here, I am 100% convinced that the bible is a tool of mental degradation

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by realmindz: 6:29am On Dec 09, 2016
alBHAGDADI:

so the moment anyone loses Yaweh's anointing, they begin to act like moro.ns...this is a perfect scientific prove to why all non yaweh worshippers are idiots

.:

How has this answered the question? The questions are simple and clear.

alBHAGDADI:

Did ur 5 year old brother help u type this?

Well, If u want to talk like a child let me help u. Did u know the extreme precautions USA took after the 9/11? but the philistines were soooo stupid they took 0 precaution after finally getting their most dreaded enemy and failed a simple task of cutting off his hairs again to ensure no chance is left to play.

It's obvious the story can pass for a jewish myth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by castrokiller(m): 7:23am On Dec 09, 2016
my little cousin asked uncle did you know that sampson was the strongest man in the bible? but my question is what has bible got to do with the world?
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by MrMontella(m): 8:41am On Dec 09, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

no wonder he was pleased with the delibrate murder of an interracial couple..
Ille est, promoting racism
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by Ranchhoddas: 8:41am On Dec 09, 2016
There comes a point where apologists just have to open up to the possibility that some of these stories might just not be true. The attempts at rationalization of this story on this this thread are laughable at best and pathetic at worst.

4 Likes

Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 09, 2016
realmindz:

Answer the questions

How stupid can a man be to get betrayed 4 times on his most precious secret

How stupid could the philistines have been to allow his hair grow back.

Even a child will ask "Uncle, why did they let his hair grow back and why did Samson tell Delilah his secret after she has betrayed him a 1st time, 2nd time 3rd time till 4th time"

pls use your sense na

Thanks,

Very very very stupid. grin
And you know what I answered that in my earlier reply,
Gross Stupidity is like madness and a mad man could be deceived 1million times with same trick.
" The moment you don't believe God exists or you don't fear Him like Samson did, You are one of the most stupid persons on earth and that is what happened to Samson and what is happening to Atheists today, it doesn't matter how smart they think they are or the Degree they possess. Even the madest mad man on the street thinks he is wise and calls sane ppl mad grin
That is why Yoruba translation of " The Fool says there is no God " Did not call the fool a fool it says " Asiwere so PE Olorun ko si" The fool was translated into a madman. ASHIWERE
The Atheists are like Samson they ask Silly questions believing they are smart Abi What would you call a man who lives with his only son in his apartment and no one visits them and one day called his son and said "Junior why did you put a cup of tea on the TV" and Junior said Dad it wasn't me and the man kwoing it wasnt him, said what do mean? Who then did? and Junior said "Dad I dont I don't know. And the dad said Do you want to tell me the cup by it self jumped on the TV?
He took cane and beat the boy.
Then one day the little boy asked "Dad who put us on Earth and the man smiled and said "No one did, we just happened to be on Earth.

And the boy thought, Is dad in his right senses?

He definitely has got the poor boy confused. That is gross stupidity and that could be likened to Madness.

In a not shell Samson was mad. Madness overtook him the moment the Fear of God left him, he was madly inlove with the LovePeddler. So he was betrayed 4 times. Gross Foolishness.

As to why the Philippines alowed his hair to grow. They must have thought what havoc can a blind man cause again? someone that has power without eyes what havoc can he cause so they didn't mind his hair growing. And mind you the growing of the hair of Samson did not give him the power back but he had to ask God for the power to be restored for the last time so that he could use it to kill himself and the enemies of God.

Try to understand this simple explanation.

Please use your sense now
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by MrMontella(m): 8:56am On Dec 09, 2016
jonbellion:
abi just look at MrPresident1
Waiting for a dead Jew to whisk him off to the sky and destroy the earth that he did not help a bit
This kind of thinking is detrimental to society really
Humanity's progress means nothing to them
They would rather wait for the end year after year after year after year
Which year have I not seen one nutjob chanting about the end time
Let this people just leave the planet sef
If you want to believe in God so much be a diest
Diests are more reasonable
The end of religion would not happen in a day
In the next three centuries humanity would look back at how stupid we once were
very detrimental
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by hopefulLandlord: 9:20am On Dec 09, 2016
MrMontella:
very detrimental
Christianity has detrimental effects on the brain
we don't need to create a thread on that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by Butteredpako: 9:34am On Dec 09, 2016
davtosh:

Thanks,
Gross Stupidity is like madness and a mad man could be deceived 1million times with same trick.
" The moment you don't believe God exists or you don't fear Him like Samson did, You are one of the most stupid persons on earth and that is what happened to Samson and what is happening to Atheists today, it doesn't matter how smart they think they are or the Degree they possess. Even the madest mad man on the street thinks he is wise and calls sane ppl mad grin
That is why Yoruba translation of " The Fool says there is no God " Did not call the fool a fool it says " Asiwere so PE Olorun ko si" The fool was translated into a madman. ASHIWERE
The Atheists are like Samson they ask Silly questions believing they are smart Abi What would you call a man who lives with his only son in his apartment and no one visits them and one day called his son and said "Junior why did you put a cup of tea on the TV" and Junior said Dad it wasn't me and the man kwoing it wasnt him, said what do mean? Who then did? and Junior said "Dad I dont I don't know. And the dad said Do you want to tell me the cup by it self jumped on the TV?
Then one day the little boy asked "Dad who put us on Earth and the man smiled and said "No one did, we just happened to be on Earth.
He definitely has got the poor boy confused. That is gross stupidity and that could be likened to Madness.
In a not shell Samson was mad. Madness overtook him the moment the Fear of God left him, he was madly inlove with the LovePeddler. So he was betrayed 4 times. Gross Foolishness.
As to why the Philippines alowed his hair to grow. They must have thought what havoc can a blind man cause again? someone that has power without eyes what havoc can he cause so they didn't mind his hair growing. And mind you the growing of the hair of Samson did not give him the power back but he had to ask God for the power to be restored for the last time so that he could use it to kill himself and the enemies of God.
WOW,, just WOW.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by realmindz: 9:50am On Dec 09, 2016
davtosh:

Thanks,

4everGod, pls rate this guy's intelligence, does this guy sound intelligent to you.

Repeat after me.. A for Apple, B for ball, C for cow....
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by realmindz: 10:10am On Dec 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
There comes a point where apologists just have to open up to the possibility that some of these stories might just not be true. The attempts at rationalization of this story on this this thread are laughable at best and pathetic at worst.

so pathetic, more of a comic relief.

You know something, if this has been an exam question or case study probably to gain an employment or for the CIA or court case and the task is to ascertain the veracity of the story, people like KingEbukasBlog and the other Christians here will never talk in this trash, a confirmation that religion reduces mental capacity
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 09, 2016
realmindz:

4everGod, pls rate this guy's intelligence, does this guy sound intelligent to you.

grin The wisdom of God is foolishness to the world.
Have a blessed day

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 09, 2016
realmindz:

You must have come across naked madmen in rags haven not bathed for years calling sane men in clean clothes MAD.
That's the state you are right now.

U need urgent medical attention.
Like seriously grin

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 09, 2016
grin

Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by alBHAGDADI: 11:19am On Dec 09, 2016
realmindz:

so the moment anyone loses Yaweh's anointing, they begin to act like moro.ns...this is a perfect scientific prove to why all non yaweh worshippers are idiots
When you lose His anointing, you become weak and vulnerable to attacks. In Samson's case, he lost the ability to see Delilah's motive.

realmindz:

Well, If u want to talk like a child let me help u. Did u know the extreme precautions USA took after the 9/11? but the philistines were soooo stupid they took 0 precaution after finally getting their most dreaded enemy and failed a simple task of cutting off his hairs again to ensure no chance is left to play.

Yes, they took precautions, yet a terrorist kill hundreds in San Bernardino nite club. They took more precautions by bringing in more Muslims migrants from Syria.

continue
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 09, 2016
realmindz:

How has this answered the question? The questions are simple and clear.

Did ur 5 year old brother help u type this?

It's obvious the story can pass for a jewish myth

It is glaring you are not conversant with the story of Samson. You would have known that his grown back hair did not give him back his power.

He pleaded with God to give him back his power,
I repeat he had to beg God to give him back his power before he got the power back.

When in argument always use your upstairs and read what you are quoting very well and make sure you understand it before throwing shades.

The fact that he had to pray before getting back the power despite having his hair grown back prooves that he had remained powerless and it was not his grown back hair that got the job done.
If he had been bald head, his God would have given him the power back still.

If you can't comprehend simple explanation like this.
I think I might need to send you my 5 year old brother to help throw the meaning in to your skull.

Stay blessed still. grin
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by dblackninja: 11:42am On Dec 09, 2016
castrokiller:
so if u have a kid now. you will definitely tell him about sampson. how he was all strong, going about telling people secrets and the most important one bleeping prostitutes. no wonder why xtian children enjoy sunday school

Lmao cheesycheesycheesycheesygringrin
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by realmindz: 12:42pm On Dec 09, 2016
davtosh:

It is glaring you are not conversant with the story of Samson. You would have known that his grown back hair did not give him back his power.

I repeat he had to beg God to give him back his power before he got the power back.

When in argument always use your upstairs and read what you are quoting very well and make sure you understand it before throwing shades.

The fact that he had to pray before getting back the power despite having his hair grown back prooves that he had remained powerless and it was not his grown back hair that got the job done.

I think I might need to send you my 5 year old brother to help throw the meaning in to your skull.

Stay blessed still. grin

It may be hard to comprehend stupidity, but trying to comprehend ur post is insane...

You' are more of a zombie, u shall keep repeating the same thing all over again beating around the bush but to address a simple question is a challenge..

Tell me, is your problem English language or just poor mental capacity to comprehend
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by KingEbukaNaija: 12:51pm On Dec 09, 2016
realmindz:
From the response I've gotten from the Christians here, I am 100% convinced that the bible is a tool of mental degradation

No bro . It shows that you are not perspicacious . Plus your questions were easily answered but you kept moving the goal post - very typical of atheists .

Because you don't understand something does not make it stupid .

Atheism still has devastating effects on the brain
https://www.nairaland.com/3493419/researches-reveal-atheism-devastating-effects
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by Alhajipablo(m): 12:53pm On Dec 09, 2016
EyeHateGod:
This story day Koran to?
no
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by KingEbukaNaija: 12:54pm On Dec 09, 2016
davtosh:

Stay blessed still. grin

No matter how you triturate even the simplest bible stories, their brains won't comprehend the explanations .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rome's Sodomite Pedophile Agenda Subtle Sodomization Of African Children / The Prayer Of The Righteous Is A Delight To God But The Wicked's An Abomination! / Your Star Must Shine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.