Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,478 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense (7916 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More / Bishop Tom Samson And His Customized Roll Royce Step Out In Style / Bishop Tom Samson And His Hummer Limousine Spotted In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by EyeHateGod: 7:12pm On Dec 12, 2016
Anas09:

I rebuke you unclean spirit. Get behind me.

You and who shared love? By the power and the authourity in the name of JESUS, i shut you up. Dont let call the host of heaven against you.
You know prayers don't work right?
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by Anas09: 7:17pm On Dec 12, 2016
realmindz:

lol. For real, did the holy spirit tell u this.
Guess this is the same way u know for certain ur religion is the only true one

I am not eyehategod and I do not have an alternate account...seun, if u ve any means of finding out pls do and clear her doubt
Really? I guess you think we are dumb because you say we are. AyehateGod is clowning around me with that moniker, maybe you forget when typing with realmindz, you do the same.
Get smarter boy. Holy Spirit does not mingle with foolery.
I surely do not need him to tell me stuff as stupid as this.
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by EyeHateGod: 7:23pm On Dec 12, 2016
Anas09:

Really? I guess you think we are dumb because you say we are. AyehateGod is clowning around me with that moniker, maybe you forget when typing with realmindz, you do the same.
I do it because it's fun doing it... And again am not him
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by realmindz: 8:00pm On Dec 12, 2016
Anas09:

I think something is wrong with ur head, believe whatever u like and stop disturbing me with meaningless mentions and spamming the thread..

It's pathetic how u make different theories in your head and arrive at nonsense conclusion.

infact I am eyahategod so what! Do your worst...if dats what u want to believe

dont be this dumb pls
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by EyeHateGod: 8:09pm On Dec 12, 2016
realmindz:

I think something is wrong with ur head, believe whatever u like and stop disturbing me with meaningless mentions and spamming the thread..

It's pathetic how u make different theories in your head and arrive at nonsense conclusion.

infact I am eyahategod so what! Do your worst...if dats what u want to believe

dont be this dumb pls
U day vex o.. cheesy
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by realmindz: 8:12pm On Dec 12, 2016
EyeHateGod:

U day vex o.. cheesy

in her head now, she will say I am the one doing the talking and replying. Some conspiracies b's

This is the beginning of schizophrenia oo
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by EyeHateGod: 8:16pm On Dec 12, 2016
realmindz:

in her head now, she will say I am the one doing the talking and replying. Some conspiracies b's

This is the beginning of schizophrenia oo
It's insecurity na
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by hopefulLandlord: 8:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
EyeHateGod:

It's insecurity na

I remember someone also calling me eyehategod grin

they somehow wish all atheist monickers are have one person behind them all cheesy
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by realmindz: 8:28pm On Dec 12, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I remember someone also calling me eyehategod grin

they somehow wish all atheist monickers are have one person behind them all cheesy

Lol, that makes us the trinity then
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by hopefulLandlord: 8:38pm On Dec 12, 2016
realmindz:

Lol, that makes us the trinity then
we are real unlike the Jewish Trinity

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by EyeHateGod: 9:38pm On Dec 12, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

we are real unlike the Jewish Trinity
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 12, 2016
bigtt76:
You're understanding the Bible stories with a carnal mindset. Every Bible story is meant to pass a message hidden in it. Pray for the Holy Spirit to guide your understanding and you would be fine.
Not this excuse again undecided
Muslims use the same line when you point out certain pages in the Quran.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by RosaConsidine: 4:30am On Dec 13, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Samson was known for his strength and not wisdom - he acted stupidly of course . Delilah tried three times to inveigle Samson to reveal the secret of his strength. And she failed to three times because Samson deceived her with various stories. Samson was just playing games with her as the Spirit of God had left him because he disobeyed God's law by showing intentions to marry a Philistine woman despite the act being a violation of God’s law on intermarriage with pagans . And of course , he was totally in love with her . Love is blind kiss

Anyway , Samson’s hair was not the source of his strength - his unshaven hair was simply the sign that he was obeying God’s command for him to be a Nazarite. The Spirit of God was the source of Samson's strength not his hair .

Judges 16: 17
And he told her all his heart, and said to her, “A razor has never come upon my head, for I have been a Nazirite to God from my mother's womb. If my head is shaved, then my strength will leave me, and I shall become weak and be like any other man.”

According to the dictionary , a Nazirite is an Israelite who was consecrated to the service of God, under vows to abstain from alcohol, let the hair grow, and avoid defilement by contact with dead bodies (Num. 6). So that means the unshaven hair was the symbol of a Nazarite's relationship with God .

You know, I never really considered the op's viewpoint to the Samson story (and I read Judges wella as a child!) so it's been interesting reading his viewpoint and looking to see if any cogent explanation could balance things out. You tried but questions still remain.

Sure, Samson wasn't renown for wisdom but he definitely knew enough not to straight up tell Delilah - "shave my locks and I'm as good as powerless". He also tried to deceive her thrice so that shows some level of smartness (and I'm sure God wouldn't make a completely daft person a judge just because he endowed the person with extraordinary strength - same as it's unlikely that Kanu would be the president of Nigeria just because he was an extraordinary player - and no, I'm not implying that Kanu is daft in any way!). So no matter how blind his love was, he was clearly smart enough to know that woman could get him killed - and yet he still stuck with her.

Also, the biblical story does seem to imply that his strength returned with the growth of his hair (which the Philistines did seem to have criminally overlooked and probably deserved their deaths for, if not anything else).
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by hopefulLandlord: 2:56pm On Apr 03, 2017
RosaConsidine:

You know, I never really considered the op's viewpoint to the Samson story (and I read Judges wella as a child!) so it's been interesting reading his viewpoint and looking to see if any cogent explanation could balance things out. You tried but questions still remain.

Sure, Samson wasn't renown for wisdom but he definitely knew enough not to straight up tell Delilah - "shave my locks and I'm as good as powerless". He also tried to deceive her thrice so that shows some level of smartness (and I'm sure God wouldn't make a completely daft person a judge just because he endowed the person with extraordinary strength - same as it's unlikely that Kanu would be the president of Nigeria just because he was an extraordinary player - and no, I'm not implying that Kanu is daft in any way!). So no matter how blind his love was, he was clearly smart enough to know that woman could get him killed - and yet he still stuck with her.

Also, the biblical story does seem to imply that his strength returned with the growth of his hair (which the Philistines did seem to have criminally overlooked and probably deserved their deaths for, if not anything else).

sense
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by xamuell: 3:51pm On Apr 20, 2020
realmindz:

There is nothing demeaning about my post, u want me to sugar coat it? It's just a painful fact pidgin2, religion limits mental aptness, u are left to limit the use ur of brains when thinking because thinking itself is forbidden....

When people begin to reason, u see it as the hands of the devil. try to be rational for once and look at the comments in this thread, someone saying anointing left Samson making him a moro.n....does that sound sensible to u....?Or does the story of Samson ever sound sensible to you, yet your brains will never work to see the foolishness of your beliefs

would you as a CIA Agent make the kind of presentations like the ones made by your fellow Christians here?? let's call a spade a spade, you guys are so blinded that u 've become so low in mental reasoning
what he means is that you are too discriminative. All your arguments are meant to make Christians look stupid whereas, we only try to bring you understanding. You think yourself so rational and wise that every other view seems stupid. That's your mistake. He who thinks himself wise is foolish because your pre-conceived notions allows no room for proper comprehension. Besides the physical and spiritual are two very different things. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there. Sorry to derail a bit but I seemed it necessary.
Re: The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense by OtemAtum: 3:57pm On Apr 20, 2020
bigtt76:
You're understanding the Bible stories with a carnal mindset. Every Bible story is meant to pass a message hidden in it. Pray for the Holy Spirit to guide your understanding and you would be fine.
You that is being guided by the Holy Spirit can you explain to us?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? / Naira Marley Confirms That Allah Is Different From God. / The Prayer Of The Righteous Is A Delight To God But The Wicked's An Abomination!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.