Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils (12657 Views)

UK Seeks Clarification About Nnamdi Kanu’s Status, Whereabouts From FG / Fayose Receives N4.7bn Paris Club Fund From FG / 12 States Owe Salaries Despite Bailout Funds From FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by agwom(m): 6:21am On Dec 09, 2016
The Federal Government on Thursday kicked off its home-grown school feeding programme in Anambra State by "directly" releasing N53, 687, 900 to the cooks.

The Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, Mr Laolu Akande, disclosed this in a statement today, saying the programme would last till the end of the current school term.

The vice president's spokesman said 76,690 primary 1 to 3 pupils in 1,050 schools in Anambra State would be fed with the money.

He stressed that the cooks were verified and trained to provide the catering service in the 21 local government areas of the state.

According to Akande, the cooks were recruited from communities around the schools.

He stated: "The home-grown school feeding programme, which is one of the social investment plans of the Buhari Presidency, is driven through community participation where residents in the community are engaged as cooks to provide feeding services."

He said while the 2016 budget provided for the programme's funding in 18 states, a total of 17 states had concluded the designing of the feeding models through state-level multi-sectoral capacity building workshops based on the Federal Government's stipulated requirements.

"The 17 states are Anambra, Akwa Ibom, Ebonyi, Enugu, Sokoto, Kaduna, Borno, Zamfara, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Benue, Plateau, Taraba, Delta, Abia and Bauchi. Estimated figures from 15 of these states put the numbers of pupils to be feed at over 3.4 million," he said.

Akande also stated that the Federal Government had successfully conducted food safety and hygiene training for over 25,000 cooks in 9 states.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/cooks-get-n54m-from-fg-to-feed-anambra-pupils/175138.html#GGQRHhI5mwCZmfxv.99

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by rerhji(m): 6:23am On Dec 09, 2016
Shd I call dis another form of stomach infrastructure?.....

2 Likes

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by luvinhubby(m): 6:25am On Dec 09, 2016
Commendable, hope the money will not be diverted.

7 Likes

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by DerideGull(m): 6:30am On Dec 09, 2016
rerhji:
Shd I call dis another form of stomach infrastructure?.....

Bros sometimes I wonder if Nigeria has any reasonable person in a leadership position. The schools do not have any library or scientific laboratory yet these jackasses only worry about food. I guess the kids will be all foods no brains.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by samincredible44(m): 6:37am On Dec 09, 2016
That money will be looted.fg should be thinking of building standard schools for them first

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Aufbauh(m): 6:38am On Dec 09, 2016
DerideGull:

Bros sometimes I wonder if Nigeria has any reasonable person in a leadership position. The schools do not have any library or scientific laboratory yet these jackasses only worry about food. I guess the kids will be all foods no brains.

So you'd prefer school library and scientific laboratory to the feeding of school children?
A hungry stomach can not comprehend a line in the book.
Besides the APC led FG is only responding to their campaign promise.

61 Likes

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Johnnyessence(m): 6:58am On Dec 09, 2016
School feeding in the elementary schools has improved drastically in our kids learning. Infact it makes them to go to school on time. With this feeding ability to read and write will drastically improved.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by PapaBrowne(m): 7:05am On Dec 09, 2016
All these unsustainable social policies that add little impact to the intellectual capacity of a child.

Most children in the South are well nourished. There are better ways to execute social welfare that providing food for school kids.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Metroescobar: 7:07am On Dec 09, 2016
Those cooks don hammer...as per naija tings!

1 Like

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by enchantedone(f): 7:15am On Dec 09, 2016
I hope d feeding would not take a great toll on d finances of d state like hw it happened in osun state
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 09, 2016
Aufbauh:

So you'd prefer school library and scientific laboratory to the feeding of school children?
A hungry stomach can not comprehend a line in the book.
Besides the APC led FG is only responding to their campaign promise.
It would have being better the money was channel to build good library and laboratory that can last than food that wouldn't go round. So many public secondary and primary schools lack these facilities highlighted. This government shouldn't because of shame start something they can't finish

7 Likes

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by freshboi88: 7:21am On Dec 09, 2016
DerideGull:

Scientific laboratory in a primary school, guy if u want to criticize pls criticize constructively and with some sense nah

39 Likes

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 09, 2016
APC/Buhari already campaigning for Ngige

Who told You that Anambra Pupils need food?
Useless govt.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by herzern(m): 7:44am On Dec 09, 2016

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by jeeqaa7(m): 7:45am On Dec 09, 2016
ayam not understanding
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Moreoffaith(m): 7:45am On Dec 09, 2016
Okay
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by modath(f): 7:47am On Dec 09, 2016
Some folks who are hell bent on being negative negroes keep yapping about libraries & labs... For elementary school children in PUBLICLY funded schools!!! gerrarhia with the bad belle & hypocrisy!!

Most of these kids would not have even been enrolled in such schools if their parents could afford to feed them well, let alone send them to fee paying elementary schools..... This will have them be in school, it's something to look forward to.. I know children, no matter the status, their lunch box/pack is something they all look forward to..

There are thousands of things to knock this (insert here) government that is turning out to be "something else" for ... this is not one of them!! Sorry look under the rock of negativity if the next executive faux pas doesn't do it for y'all!! cool

21 Likes

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by MVLOX(m): 7:47am On Dec 09, 2016
Ok hope it can be sustained
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by ebene4nija: 7:47am On Dec 09, 2016
sports updates and predictions offkick
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by PHIPEX(m): 7:47am On Dec 09, 2016
What sort of a wasteful expenditure is this? Most of these public schools are ill equipped and maintained, lack good teachers but the gov't is more interested in another subsidy system that will become a mess in a matter of years to come.

3 Likes

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Sakelv: 7:48am On Dec 09, 2016
luvinhubby:
Commendable, hope the money will not be diverted.
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by TwoBottles: 7:49am On Dec 09, 2016
I wouldn't allow my child to eat out.
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by toby2(m): 7:49am On Dec 09, 2016
is this the most important thing? With everything going on? There are better ways to put those money to good use that will still end up benefiting the children
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by laffwitmi: 7:49am On Dec 09, 2016
Sai baba till 2023!!

2 Likes

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by kissGuys: 7:49am On Dec 09, 2016
its true ...my aunt was selected

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 09, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Lilimax(f): 7:50am On Dec 09, 2016
Why must they start from Anambra state undecided
An average Anambra home feeds their children very well before going to school?
We don't need such in Anambra state rather equip their school libraries.

Not until I came to Lagos that I saw kids being given 20 naira to buy food in school embarassed

When my mama go don wake up very early to prepare breakfast and lunch for all of us before going to work smiley

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by Olive33: 7:50am On Dec 09, 2016
The Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, Mr Laolu Akande, disclosed this in a statement today, saying the programme would last till the end of the current school term.
and this term is ending this December .... Ok continue

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by RollingStones(m): 7:50am On Dec 09, 2016
Take this feeding program to the North. Anambra are not hungry nd beggars.

7 Likes

Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by martineverest(m): 7:51am On Dec 09, 2016
about 35million will be pocketed
Re: Cooks Get N54m From FG To Feed Anambra Pupils by hisgrace090: 7:51am On Dec 09, 2016
My people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Elected Vice-president Of UN World Tourism Organisation / PDP Vs APC: What Turaki Told Fayose In Ekiti / Speakership: Buhari, APC Host Reps-elect To Dinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.